As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Valkyria Chronicles] You Got Your RPG in my World War 2 - VC4 on PC Sept 25!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The hinged plate might be for standing on the ground.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah she and her weapon appeared in the reveal trailer couple months back.

1OnFVYY.jpg

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Odds I can play this one using just scouts and that rad bat sniper?

Hopefully high..

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I'm particularly fond of Helmet.

butts
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Pigtailed medieval helmet wearing shocktrooper girl looks like a hoot.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Big ragnite.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    A demo for Valkyria Chronicles 4 came out on Japanese PSN yesterday, and some rando on twitter posted his opinions:
    (apparently he's done translation work on Tales of Berseria and other games)

• Options
    From what little we've been told/shown about 4 I did suspect they were going the "like the first, but improved" route. So I am happy to see that my suspicions appear to be on point.

On another note; there is no way the blonde mortar chick isn't tsundere as all get out.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    From what little we've been told/shown about 4 I did suspect they were going the "like the first, but improved" route. So I am happy to see that my suspicions appear to be on point.

On another note; there is no way the blonde mortar chick isn't tsundere as all get out.

After Valkyria Revolution, going back to what works, and not breaking it, definitely seems like the smart move. I am hyped for VC4, even if it's probably still a ways away.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Man I'm torn between being bummed Revolutions wasn't great and happy that i never had to experience it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Man I'm torn between being bummed Revolutions wasn't great and happy that i never had to experience it.

I'm just happy they didn't do that thing "The fanbase didn't buy our huge diversion spinoff from the main series in droves? Welp, guess there's no interest in this series at all, time to kill it off."

I'm looking at YOU Rare and Banjo Nuts & Bolts.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    McMoogle wrote: »

I'm just happy they didn't do that thing "The fanbase didn't buy our huge diversion spinoff from the main series in droves? Welp, guess there's no interest in this series at all, time to kill it off."

I'm looking at YOU Rare and Banjo Nuts & Bolts.

Front Mission. :sad:

"Welp, our tactical turn-based strategy RPG fans didn't buy this third person action game. Guess we can retire this series forever."

Edit- oh I suppose they haven’t retired the setting itself as we are getting a third person (as in you literally play a human) stealth survival game set in the FM world. Which is, uh, better than nothing?

Axen on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Oh shit!!!!! Buying when i get home.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wait, wasn't this already dated for October?

And now it's bumped up to an already way too overcrowded month?

Legit 6 games in September now that I'm buying (and yes I know I say I'm still buying but most people do not buy 6 new games in a month)

That seems... odd.

• Options
    was it?

this was the first I'd heard

unless I just forgot

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Xaquin wrote: »
    was it?

this was the first I'd heard

unless I just forgot

Oh looks like it was a placeholder date because they weren't certain yet (was listed as Oct 16).

I keep track of game releases using the (year) in Gaming page on wiki which usually only puts confirmed dates in. That one must've slipped by because it's been there as 10-16 since March.

Either way... SPREAD OUT YOUR GAMES. What the hell everything is in September. And then 2 more game the following month for me. 8 games in 2 months..

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I should finish Revolution before this comes out.

• Options
    all I have on my plate will be octopath traveler in july so I should be good to go

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    all I have on my plate will be octopath traveler in july so I should be good to go

The complete opposite of my schedule. Absolutely nothing through all of summer into BAM! 8 games over 2 months.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This, Spiderman, Tomb Raider and Code Vein all in the same month...

Yeah that's rough. Can probably push Code Vein back but not trying to get more than 2 games.

Not to mention I have Soul Calibur, Assassin's Creed, Fist of the North Star and Red Dead the next month...

Decisions...

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Yeah that's rough. Can probably push Code Vein back but not trying to get more than 2 games.

Not to mention I have Soul Calibur, Assassin's Creed, Fist of the North Star and Red Dead the next month...

Decisions...

Yep.

I got DQXI, Spider-Man (these two are S tier for the month. Non-negotiable playing before anything else), Tomb Raider, Valkyria, Code Vein, Spyro.

Then Assassin's Creed Origins and Fist of the North Star in October.

And jokes on me I'm house shopping in Sept-October as well.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Decisions...

Yep.

I got DQXI, Spider-Man (these two are S tier for the month. Non-negotiable playing before anything else), Tomb Raider, Valkyria, Code Vein, Spyro.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Well at least you'll be able to keep yourself from buying games after buying your house.
    Just a fair warning. It isn't. At least it wasn't for me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Decisions...

Yep.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Well at least you'll be able to keep yourself from buying games after buying your house.
    Just a fair warning. It isn't. At least it wasn't for me.

Nah, house stuff won't get in the way of buying games. The shopping process will just take away time from playing them which will be annoying but once I'm in there everything will be back to normal.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Was playing through Remastered to get ready for the next game.

I hope the missions are more varied in 4 I forgot how many A ranks in VC1 were "Rush your scouts and maybe a shock or two to the main base."

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    God dammit, I've had VC since it was first released, how did I only just now notice the unicorn?
    ddua3ppx97lh.jpg

It's like I've been looking at a map of Italy for years, then just said "Oh hey, it kinda looks like a boot. Hey guys, you'll never guess what this looks like!"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Makes a lot more sense why there's a unicorn on the flag and medals of honor and such now, huh?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I've always been of the thought that a unicorn was its own reward.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Holy cow... I... You are not the only one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    A unicorn that is apparently spitting out his chaw.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It also looks like a guy with a ridiculous chin wearing an equally ridiculous helmet.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    but they don't seem to own the horn how can they call themselves unicorns. gallia must annex this island from the natives it is their manifest neighstiny.

• Options
    It also looks like a guy with a ridiculous chin wearing an equally ridiculous helmet.

people can't tell how serious you are if you don't have the biggest picklehaube.
    1b077e1ba4e5063aae8e2e2bdd7cd188.jpg
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpp.userapi.com%2Fc637418%2Fv637418218%2F43814%2FqkgzCcobVfU.jpg&f=1

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    English demo for VC4 is up btw.

• Options
    I'm not seeing it. (UK)
    Or is it somewhere stupid like not on the VC4 store page?

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm not seeing it. (UK)
    Or is it somewhere stupid like not on the VC4 store page?

I'm US can't speak for UK.

• Options
    It should be up there too. I actually saw the news of the it being on the EU market place before it was available on the US marketplace.

• Options
    Playing a stage of the demo so far my impressions.

-Feels a lot like VC1 so if that was the last one you played you'll be right at home.

-Faster and snappier. Characters move and shoot faster and more fluidly which given how turns work is very welcome.

-Tank only takes 1 CP to control which makes it much more useful rather than something you mostly left parked at the base.

So far it feels like a return to form which after Revolution isn't necessarily a bad thing.