Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Valkyria Chronicles] You Got Your RPG in my World War 2 - VC4 on PC Sept 25!

12021222325

Posts

  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Vancey is the best because you look at her potentials and you're like "ok so all of these are bad, ergo her story unlocked potential has to be godlike"

    and by god does it come through for rescuing her as a unit

    The funny thing is that all it changes is her most absolute terrible one (ends her turn outright if <50% AP). Though even then I think I only ever saw that activate once. All her other "bad" potentials are either perfectly manageable, or easy enough to never trigger.

    -Lowered evasion on counterattack? Phht, one shot one kill.
    -Acting first lowers accuracy? Don't move her first, duh.
    -Lowered defense if no allies around? The way I played shocktroopers, that was never an issue. It's scouts that are most likely to be alone on the field, behind enemy lines.

    Well yeah, Hammered is the one that absolutely shuts her down (at least until it gets replaced) and the others can more or less be played around/ignored

    But like Neige's Stage Fright and Hammered make it really hard to field them because suddenly not having AP is just not something you want to plan around

    I had to reluctantly shelve Neige, because yeah that thing activated constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it rolled that dice chance every time a new enemy was spotted. Which for a sniper is damn near all the time.

    Vancey I imagine makes one roll when you hit 50% and then that's it. But yeah I always got a bit nervous if and when it was ever going to pop. It's even worse than Neige's, because Neige just stops moving but can still shoot. Vancey just ends the turn outright.
    To be honest, the bad traits popping up like that makes the game more interesting.

    I do agree, but these ones are just too bad. When the game measures your rank solely on speed, anything that just flat out wastes a CP point is too much. Thankfully there aren't a lot of these kinds of bad traits.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    I’m playing through VC1 and I keep forgetting that my main engineer has a trait that makes him completely useless on about 50% of his turns.

    And before someone goes “ I thought engineers were useless all the time” I like to use them for scout functions and to clear mines, also they carry extra grenades,

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    Ooh, favourite characters:

    Deadeye Kai: once she got a proper rifle she lived up to her nickname something fierce.
    Scott: Sir! Yes sir!
    Fleuret: I wish more of the characters had been overtly continental. Pleasantly fraaaaaaançais.
    Simon: One time someone next to him got shot down, and he yelled "BULLSHIT!" and yes, Simon, it was total bullshit.
    Aulard: Did a ton of work for me early game.
    Jascha: Pinpoint professor.

    LordSolarMacharius on
    15wxzkn.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 18
    Oh my god this thread cursed me. Vancey just had her "hammered" trait kick in two times in a row. What should've been one turn to burn down a line of enemies taking cover ended up taking three.

    Edit - Wow, chapter 14 was not fucking fair at all. I just quit out rather than wait for the impending game over that was coming my way.

    Henroid on
    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Question about post-game stuff:
    I've managed to bring Zaiga back from the dead, but without his bro Raz. Is Raz permaperma-dead, or can I get him back by doing something? I want that CP back.
    I've also raised Minerva's girlfriend, so maybe that'll get her to stop wanting to commit genocide.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Question about post-game stuff:
    I've managed to bring Zaiga back from the dead, but without his bro Raz. Is Raz permaperma-dead, or can I get him back by doing something? I want that CP back.
    I've also raised Minerva's girlfriend, so maybe that'll get her to stop wanting to commit genocide.
    clear the new skirmish "Beneath the Frost" and then view the episode that is unlocked afterwards which is somewhere around chapter 13

    Then you can resurrect Raz

    klemmingBetsuni
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh my god this thread cursed me. Vancey just had her "hammered" trait kick in two times in a row. What should've been one turn to burn down a line of enemies taking cover ended up taking three.

    Edit - Wow, chapter 14 was not fucking fair at all. I just quit out rather than wait for the impending game over that was coming my way.

    The secret to chapter 14 is that
    the objective is simply to destroy the vulcan once the initial objectives are met, which makes it possible to easily set up for

    I used the Glory and sent the majority of my forces on the right side while the Hafen took the left with a single engineer/scout. Rushed the enemy camp on the right and then once I captured it, deployed 2 Lancers and a engineer and then drove the Glory right next to the base and ended turn.

    Next turn capture the base on the left, the objective changes, fucking plaster the vulcan with 2 Lancers and the Glory team attacking it, resupply as needed with the engineer. Having the Glory go first to take out the Gatling bunker on the vulcan is probably a good idea if you don't want your Lancers getting blasted. I also put Kai up on the top right side up the ladder with a 3 shot rifle to take out the enemy Ace, who is the farther shocktrooper that spawns with the Vulcan.

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    Orders can completely change some fights:
    My favourites are Demolition Boost and Penetration (give them both to a shocktrooper and they can kill the Vulcan in two turns), and Attack Weak Spot and Blast Boost on an anti-armor Grenadier (two shots to kill the final boss if you aim well)

    klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 19
    Okay once I knew what was up with chapter 14 it was easy as hell to finish. The funny thing is, they tell you what to do to beat it in the story dialogue. I wasn't expecting that to be so literal-minded.

    As for chapter 15, which I haven't started the battle on yet, the events leading up to it...
    I figured Angie was the power source for the ship, but I didn't know the Federation rigged things to create what are essentially nuclear bombs. From children. That is tremendously fucked in the head.

    Oh I almost forgot, somewhere along the way in chapter 14 or 13,
    they give a shout out to VC1 ending, noting the death of the Prince and all. I really like this game.

    Edit - I think I can end this battle in the starting turn. Trying something out.

    Henroid on
    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Liberal application of the Cactus can end a LOT of battles in one turn, to be fair.

    Skirmish grinding is REALLY fast if you just rush the flag.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Oh my god I was SO CLOSE to getting that battle in a single turn, hahahaha. Chapter 15 battle 1,
    So the objective was to blow up Walz's tank. And he was... like right there in his starting position. So I had Minerva grab my two anti-tank equipped grenadiers and run up to be relatively close. Not at the edge of their range, but being able to visually make out the radiator is important. From there it was just a matter of dropping the explosives on the radiator. Had my engineer run up and do a refill (honestly she could've commanded the two grenadiers up).

    I had some bad luck though; four shots in a row missed the radiator so the damage wasn't enough to one-round him. And the enemy's attack on me in that first round was brutal, took out my grenadiers, so I had to use the Hafen to finish him off. Still, that felt good.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Orders can completely change some fights:
    My favourites are Demolition Boost and Penetration (give them both to a shocktrooper and they can kill the Vulcan in two turns), and Attack Weak Spot and Blast Boost on an anti-armor Grenadier (two shots to kill the final boss if you aim well)
    I didn't read the spoiler, but I actually finished VC1 without using orders EVER. I never saw the point when I was playing through it. After the fact, watching YouTube I saw how wrong I was! Still, it's going to be a hard habit to break.

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    You don't really need them to get through the story missions (although defend orders can makes things a lot easier), but I think they're actually essential to getting through some of the later challenge skirmishes. I can't see how you'd do some of them without them, at least without taking a dozen turns.
    The grenadiers that instantly send you to 0 AP had my tanks locked down, then I realised that the Fortify Treads order made you immune to that, rather than just grant you some defence from mines as I assumed.
    And the Bombardment Ship Order is a godsend for getting rid of grenadiers in inconvenient spots.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    I used an order once in VC on the PS3 to see what it was like. Never used an order again on there or on the PC version. It took me a while to get around to using one or two of them in VC4 as well. Though VC4 has a LOT more options available on shit to do.

    I'm taking a break from story progression in chapter 16 to go back to previous chapters / skirmishes to get A-ranks. Which isn't hard at all but I'm really discovering the value of having a commanding unit grab two low-AP hitters and taking them to a very useful position.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    I'm up the final mission of the campaign, it's nice to see that the developers learned absolutely nothing for VC1
    The game would have been much better if it just ended on the ceasefire, the final two missions were an annoying pain in the arse, and if I never have to destroy the radiators on a giant tank that drives back and forth covered in machine guns I'll be a happier man

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    I'm up the final mission of the campaign, it's nice to see that the developers learned absolutely nothing for VC1
    The game would have been much better if it just ended on the ceasefire, the final two missions were an annoying pain in the arse, and if I never have to destroy the radiators on a giant tank that drives back and forth covered in machine guns I'll be a happier man
    would it really be a jrpg without a megalomaniacal scientist trying to blow up everything at the last second, though

  • ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    I really like this game, but feel really burnt out after the final mission. Even though there are endgame stuff I want to do.The game just pushes towards order spamming, which I don't find fun in order to do well.
    Spoiler for last mission:
    Just the fact that if you don't pile orders onto a grenadier and destroy all the radiators at the same time, spawns a new group of enemies just made me exhausted. It's one of my biggest beefs with the game/series.

    steam_sig.png
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    edited January 20
    The later in the game I progress the less guilty I feel about cheesing, because the mission designs become insane.

    I’m on a late game VC1 mission that basically encourages you to cheese the hell out of it because the design is absolutely bullshit.
    It’s the one where as soon as you capture the only camp on the map, two giant fire mortar tanks show up with half a dozen soldiers each and two snipers spawn on an overhead position and also your Valkyria passes out and is unavailable for the rest of the mission. And those soldiers (except the two snipers on the cliff I guess) all respawn at the beginning of every subsequent turn.

    So there’s really no reason not to spend several turns putting units in position to blow the hell out of the giant tanks as soon as they spawn in.

    knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Erlec wrote: »
    I really like this game, but feel really burnt out after the final mission. Even though there are endgame stuff I want to do.The game just pushes towards order spamming, which I don't find fun in order to do well.
    Spoiler for last mission:
    Just the fact that if you don't pile orders onto a grenadier and destroy all the radiators at the same time, spawns a new group of enemies just made me exhausted. It's one of my biggest beefs with the game/series.

    You know i rarely used orders. my philosophy is 1 action one kill, so i rather not use orders if it meant one less dead unit or not getting the location i wanted. I also never used the ship mainly because the hafen was never really used.
    also last few mission I realized that command resets your AP. i could have went further in a couple battles

    final thoughts
    though i got a B on that last mission. i rushed the two far ice areas forcing him to the closest area. then just pounded the tank. was there a way to kill more than one radiator a turn? i had lots of wasted time where I just destroyed more of the tank for shits and giggles. I had time to have kai snipe from the center base on the spawned reinforcements.

    MVPs of my game are minerva and the cactus. both just getting my people into position. Flamethrowers that kill in one round.

    honorable mention to mabel and the anti tank sniper rifle.

    ending
    I liked it very much a return to form and tons of fun.
    i am sad i haven't seen a epilogue for all the characters i had live.
    Also cease fire seemed anticlimatic. kinda wanted some detail on the why and the terms.
    Lastly hey guys we are the bad guys. maybe next war will be against the United states....of vinland. they have 100 plus valkyria. That will be brutal.
    I hope it did well enough it continues to be a series.

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Illieas wrote: »
    You know i rarely used orders. my philosophy is 1 action one kill, so i rather not use orders if it meant one less dead unit or not getting the location i wanted. I also never used the ship mainly because the hafen was never really used.
    also last few mission I realized that command resets your AP. i could have went further in a couple battles

    final thoughts
    though i got a B on that last mission. i rushed the two far ice areas forcing him to the closest area. then just pounded the tank. was there a way to kill more than one radiator a turn? i had lots of wasted time where I just destroyed more of the tank for shits and giggles. I had time to have kai snipe from the center base on the spawned reinforcements.

    Also cease fire seemed anticlimatic. kinda wanted some detail on the why and the terms.
    You can kill all the radiators with those orders you hate so much. Attack Weak Point and Blast Boost on an anti-armor grenadier, and you can kill it in two well-aimed shots.

    I figured the cease-fire was because the Empire knew you'd just parked a nuke inside their city and were about to use it. They knew what those ships did, after all.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Illieas wrote: »
    You know i rarely used orders. my philosophy is 1 action one kill, so i rather not use orders if it meant one less dead unit or not getting the location i wanted. I also never used the ship mainly because the hafen was never really used.
    also last few mission I realized that command resets your AP. i could have went further in a couple battles

    final thoughts
    though i got a B on that last mission. i rushed the two far ice areas forcing him to the closest area. then just pounded the tank. was there a way to kill more than one radiator a turn? i had lots of wasted time where I just destroyed more of the tank for shits and giggles. I had time to have kai snipe from the center base on the spawned reinforcements.

    Also cease fire seemed anticlimatic. kinda wanted some detail on the why and the terms.
    You can kill all the radiators with those orders you hate so much. Attack Weak Point and Blast Boost on an anti-armor grenadier, and you can kill it in two well-aimed shots.

    I figured the cease-fire was because the Empire knew you'd just parked a nuke inside their city and were about to use it. They knew what those ships did, after all.
    I wouldn't say i hate them more along the lines of i can kill most mooks in one turn and the scout girls in 2. this also means I am not really testing them out and so not knowing what can be done with them to get me double or triple kills or efficient on bigger targets.

    I get the whole nuke thing, but then the threat was disabled. I guess the fact that the federation has 100 more nuke children would be the reason.

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Illieas wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Illieas wrote: »
    You know i rarely used orders. my philosophy is 1 action one kill, so i rather not use orders if it meant one less dead unit or not getting the location i wanted. I also never used the ship mainly because the hafen was never really used.
    also last few mission I realized that command resets your AP. i could have went further in a couple battles

    final thoughts
    though i got a B on that last mission. i rushed the two far ice areas forcing him to the closest area. then just pounded the tank. was there a way to kill more than one radiator a turn? i had lots of wasted time where I just destroyed more of the tank for shits and giggles. I had time to have kai snipe from the center base on the spawned reinforcements.

    Also cease fire seemed anticlimatic. kinda wanted some detail on the why and the terms.
    You can kill all the radiators with those orders you hate so much. Attack Weak Point and Blast Boost on an anti-armor grenadier, and you can kill it in two well-aimed shots.

    I figured the cease-fire was because the Empire knew you'd just parked a nuke inside their city and were about to use it. They knew what those ships did, after all.
    I wouldn't say i hate them more along the lines of i can kill most mooks in one turn and the scout girls in 2. this also means I am not really testing them out and so not knowing what can be done with them to get me double or triple kills or efficient on bigger targets.

    I get the whole nuke thing, but then the threat was disabled. I guess the fact that the federation has 100 more nuke children would be the reason.
    They may not know exactly what the deal is (their science division seem to be big on keeping shit to themselves, like planning to blow up the nuke on the city limits themselves to see the pretty lights). For all they know, the nuke could still be on the ship ready to go off.

    And yeah, the fact that the Federation may have a lot more of these and has already proven that they can get them that far into enemy territory is a big concern.

    The natural result of this is probably to start an arms race of making nuclear girl-powered vehicles, so basically the cold war but anime.
    If VC5 wants to move on to a new war, they've got their plot.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Illieas wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Illieas wrote: »
    You know i rarely used orders. my philosophy is 1 action one kill, so i rather not use orders if it meant one less dead unit or not getting the location i wanted. I also never used the ship mainly because the hafen was never really used.
    also last few mission I realized that command resets your AP. i could have went further in a couple battles

    final thoughts
    though i got a B on that last mission. i rushed the two far ice areas forcing him to the closest area. then just pounded the tank. was there a way to kill more than one radiator a turn? i had lots of wasted time where I just destroyed more of the tank for shits and giggles. I had time to have kai snipe from the center base on the spawned reinforcements.

    Also cease fire seemed anticlimatic. kinda wanted some detail on the why and the terms.
    You can kill all the radiators with those orders you hate so much. Attack Weak Point and Blast Boost on an anti-armor grenadier, and you can kill it in two well-aimed shots.

    I figured the cease-fire was because the Empire knew you'd just parked a nuke inside their city and were about to use it. They knew what those ships did, after all.
    I wouldn't say i hate them more along the lines of i can kill most mooks in one turn and the scout girls in 2. this also means I am not really testing them out and so not knowing what can be done with them to get me double or triple kills or efficient on bigger targets.

    I get the whole nuke thing, but then the threat was disabled. I guess the fact that the federation has 100 more nuke children would be the reason.
    They may not know exactly what the deal is (their science division seem to be big on keeping shit to themselves, like planning to blow up the nuke on the city limits themselves to see the pretty lights). For all they know, the nuke could still be on the ship ready to go off.

    And yeah, the fact that the Federation may have a lot more of these and has already proven that they can get them that far into enemy territory is a big concern.

    The natural result of this is probably to start an arms race of making nuclear girl-powered vehicles, so basically the cold war but anime.
    If VC5 wants to move on to a new war, they've got their plot.

    VC1 and 4 spoilers
    Realistically speaking, the events of VC1 also factor in here. They've lost Selvaria and the crown prince to the failed Gallian invasion (plus multiple major investments in giant weapons), and an enemy warship has just smashed in their front door. Crymaria is out of action. They've lost all of their trump cards. They know Gallia has a Valkyria (but not that she's got no intent of using those weapons again) as well.

    They almost certainly don't know how the nuke sitting in their capital works or that Claude doesn't plan to detonate it. Even if they technically have enough forces to overwhelm him, that's a monumental loss of morale. Forces used to push him back are forces not going elsewhere, giving the Federation time to rebuild their forces... and then of course you have a very pissed off Gallia sitting there with a relatively intact military.

    It's definitely a shitty situation on all fronts for them.

    VC5 needs to involve Vinland though, after the revelations in this game on that front.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Forseti:
    Could maybe have gotten better results by exposing Vinland as torturing girls to turn them into weapons of mass destruction by sending the details to all the major newspapers.

    You know, as opposed to allying with someone who's torturing girls to turn them into weapons of mass destruction.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    chrono_traveller
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Forseti:
    Could maybe have gotten better results by exposing Vinland as torturing girls to turn them into weapons of mass destruction by sending the details to all the major newspapers.

    You know, as opposed to allying with someone who's torturing girls to turn them into weapons of mass destruction.

    yeah that was a bit of a disappointment
    at first i thought it was just "oh, he's going deep undercover" but no, he just went insane and was willing to completely disregard Crymaria's wellbeing while being completely obsessed about the girls in the reactors, which seemed rather hypocritical

    also all of the other bad shit he did, like forcing his sister to betray her friends and comrades and waving off the suffering of the islanders as unimportant or however he phrased it

    then again I guess he was supposed to be the negative example of the story as someone who stared into the darkness of war and was swallowed by it

    chrono_traveller
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Forseti
    Am I the only one who got a pedo vibe off him? He seemed really invested in the idea of running off with the reactor girl.

    And that girl is like 12

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Forseti
    Am I the only one who got a pedo vibe off him? He seemed really invested in the idea of running off with the reactor girl.

    And that girl is like 12
    It seems more like he's gone a bit nuts from the war, and has fixated on the girls as a symbol of lost innocence, etc. He's completely obsessed with them, but not in that way.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Orphanechrono_traveller
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Forseti
    Am I the only one who got a pedo vibe off him? He seemed really invested in the idea of running off with the reactor girl.

    And that girl is like 12
    If they wanted to go with the pedo vibe they probably have him make more of a fuss about the creepy underdressed 12 year olds he hangs out with. I think he's mostly just meant to be fixated on Angie as a symbol of lost innocence as Polarite mentioned. [/spoilers]

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Man, the final battle of VC1 is some serious bullshit
    I finally went to look up what I was doing wrong, because I was unable to make any progress and any damage I did was fixed on the next turn.

    Haven’t tried the new strategy yet, but I’m already seeing issues with it. People are claiming that the non-armored towers can be taken out with a single sniper shot, and yet for me the only one that is true for is the one way up at the top of the map. The rest take 2 for some reason I don’t understand.

    Plus, they say I should be using shocktroopers to deal major damage once the towers are down, but shocktroopers have such low action points they can’t even get halfway across the map in a turn.

    Finally, I destroyed those towers! They should stay destroyed!

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Man, the final battle of VC1 is some serious bullshit
    I finally went to look up what I was doing wrong, because I was unable to make any progress and any damage I did was fixed on the next turn.

    Haven’t tried the new strategy yet, but I’m already seeing issues with it. People are claiming that the non-armored towers can be taken out with a single sniper shot, and yet for me the only one that is true for is the one way up at the top of the map. The rest take 2 for some reason I don’t understand.

    Plus, they say I should be using shocktroopers to deal major damage once the towers are down, but shocktroopers have such low action points they can’t even get halfway across the map in a turn.

    Finally, I destroyed those towers! They should stay destroyed!
    Halfway is usually enough. If you keep most of your forces in the starting area, Max should move towards you. The top tower is the one obviously designed for a sniper, the other non-armored ones are better off taken out by regular gunfire.

    And if you're not using them, smoke shells are great for making sure Max can't blast you.
    I take out his towers, drop a smoke on him, then send two shocktroopers to ruin his day. Close range headshots from behind, alternating between troopers to keep him turning.
    Orders can boost your damage by a lot, too. I try to pick troopers with double action just in case it activates.
    It's like the Batomys fight (all the boss fights, really); once you know the trick to it it's incredibly easy to cheese.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Welp I found a different strategy that wasn’t perfect but it got the job done
    First I tried bumrushing with shocktroopers in smoke but I forgot he teleports once you get him to half health. Couldn’t do much after that. Next turn he wiped out all my troopers with his AOE attack and so I just quit out.

    So next try I decided to just beat the hell out of him with tank mortars. Toughest part was my damn lancers kept missing easy shots on the armored towers.

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    huh

    for anyone who preordered or bought VC4 DLC they just made the Advance Ops and United Front with Squad 7 DLCs available free

    that's nice of them

    Betsunichrono_traveller
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    huh

    for anyone who preordered or bought VC4 DLC they just made the Advance Ops and United Front with Squad 7 DLCs available free

    that's nice of them

    Is that on all platforms or just some of them?

  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    huh

    for anyone who preordered or bought VC4 DLC they just made the Advance Ops and United Front with Squad 7 DLCs available free

    that's nice of them

    Is it free on the PS4 or do you have to buy another DLC to get them for free (like it says on Steam)?

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    I only checked on Steam cause that's where I have it, sorry

    I don't know about PSN

  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I preordered the game off PSN, and I haven't bought any DLC. And nothing is free for me.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    I preordered the game off PSN, and I haven't bought any DLC. And nothing is free for me.

    That sucks... I saw this on their post. Wonder if it is coming soon for the PS4.
    SEGA is pleased to announce that the ‘Advance Ops’ and ‘United Front with Squad 7’ DLC will be made available free to anyone who pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 4 or previously purchased any piece of VC4 DLC on PC/Steam.

    If you have yet to purchase any DLC, it’s not too late to receive this free content. Purchase any of the DLC below and ‘Advance Ops’ and ‘United Front with Squad 7’ will be automatically added to your Steam library. (One copy of each free DLC per customer only.)

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It also sounds like there was a problem with missing DLC with the Steam version, and this is their apology for it. Be nice if they extended the offer, but I probably won't hold my breath or anything.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Ohh. Yeah that would make sense then. I bought it on Steam during the sale and then got it on the PS4 for really cheap. Been playing it on the PS4 and enjoying the story so far.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I hit chapter 4, mission 1, and the complexity creep overwhelmed me. I don't think I can do this game anymore. I might just be old and stupid at video games now.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

Sign In or Register to comment.