Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

19293959798100

Posts

  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I was three years old the last time Detroit won a playoff game. This whole losing thing gets old.

    Change scares some people. Fans watch NFL because it's familiar and safe. Can't go ruining that with shit like Detroit winning in the playoffs...

    I would argue but after that knife in the gut loss I just feel numb.

  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    So if you theoretically had Riddick in at RB because he's your best blocker, he sort of totally blew it there, huh?

    If you're talking about the strip sack an outside rusher isn't generally a running back's priority to block but rather rushers shooting the gaps inside the tackles.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At least I went 4 for 4 in the pick em because Detroit beat the spread.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    Slacker71
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    AAAAND they first thing they talk about is the flag being picked up

  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    I just don't really see how a call/no call by the refs with that much time left and a real opportunity to still win the game somehow invalidates the Cowboys' win. Score a touchdown when it matters and the call is a non-story.

  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    i don't think it invalidates it.

    it was just handled weird.

    walrus.png
    ObiFettRaijin Quickfoot
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    i don't think it invalidates it.

    it was just handled weird.

    If NFL officiating is anything, it's weird.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I was three years old the last time Detroit won a playoff game. This whole losing thing gets old.

    Change scares some people. Fans watch NFL because it's familiar and safe. Can't go ruining that with shit like Detroit winning in the playoffs...

    I would argue but after that knife in the gut loss I just feel numb.

    I would rather the lions lost big.

    But of course they give me hope and I fell for it again.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Suh cried at the press conference. Probably his last chance at a playoff win in Detroit. Can't imagine the team being able to pay both him and Fairley, and easy to see this being his last game there.

  • zucchinizucchini pretty much amazing Registered User regular
    why wasn't dez called for running onto the field without a helmet to argue the PI/not PI call?


    Pretty terrible job by the officials. Or great, depending on who paid them.

  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the reason they picked up the flag was because the other official came in and said that the Detroit receiver grabbed Hitchen's facemask and that didn't let him turn around.

    The fact that the Skip Bayless and Pete fucking Prisco agree with me is probably a bad sign though.

  • zucchinizucchini pretty much amazing Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the reason they picked up the flag was because the other official came in and said that the Detroit receiver grabbed Hitchen's facemask and that didn't let him turn around.

    The fact that the Skip Bayless and Pete fucking Prisco agree with me is probably a bad sign though.

    even if that flag is picked up, blatant 15 yards on Dez Bryant for going on the field without a helmet

  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Maybe the league should stop doing this whole "Remember those other refs you worked with the other 17 weeks? Yeah, time to work with a bunch of guys you don't even know." crap.

    TFEOM_banner.jpg
    ph blakeknitdanThatDudeOverThereSlacker71Magell
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    zucchini wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the reason they picked up the flag was because the other official came in and said that the Detroit receiver grabbed Hitchen's facemask and that didn't let him turn around.

    The fact that the Skip Bayless and Pete fucking Prisco agree with me is probably a bad sign though.

    even if that flag is picked up, blatant 15 yards on Dez Bryant for going on the field without a helmet

    petty

  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    zucchini wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the reason they picked up the flag was because the other official came in and said that the Detroit receiver grabbed Hitchen's facemask and that didn't let him turn around.

    The fact that the Skip Bayless and Pete fucking Prisco agree with me is probably a bad sign though.

    even if that flag is picked up, blatant 15 yards on Dez Bryant for going on the field without a helmet

    Not sure that's a penalty. They penalize taking your helmet off when you're on the field of play because it can start fights. Running on the field during a stoppage without a helmet and taking your helmet off in reaction to being hit isn't the same thing.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
    Kana
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Just like in each of the past 17 seasons, the NFL conspires for the Cowboys to win in the playoffs. Diabolical, really.

  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    My summary of today in the wide world of sports:

    Fuck cancer, bungles gonna bungle, NFL officiating continues to make baffling decisions/calls, and why does a man as large as Chris Christie own the exact same sweater that Fat Albert wore?

    QuickSnap
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Rooting for Green Bay, Indy, New England, and Carolina.

    One of these things is not like the other ...

    PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Slacker71
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    I want Carolina to win the Superbowl so bad.

    I'd laugh forever.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    SirToastyToxSlacker71MagelltuggaPizzleStixx
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Maybe the league should stop doing this whole "Remember those other refs you worked with the other 17 weeks? Yeah, time to work with a bunch of guys you don't even know." crap.

    This is the second time this was mentioned and I'm apparently missing something.

    I understand having a familiarity with your coworkers is nice, but how does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Don't refs look for infractions and whatnot? How does it matter if Bob's the back judge or if it's Jim?

  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    It's more about a trust factor; if a guy you trust swears he saw something you didn't you call it, if a guy you don't know swears he saw something but you didn't you maybe don't

  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Ok, yeah I can see that. That makes sense.

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I want Carolina to win the Superbowl so bad.

    I'd laugh forever.

    We currently do not have a losing record! 8-8-1!

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    SirToastySlacker71
  • zucchinizucchini pretty much amazing Registered User regular
    beast mode knows whats up

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    All I know is Benjamin and Sherman are gonna be running side-by-side damn near all game long and Cam is going to have to just throw it somewhere fucking else.

    Fuck it, not really a bold prediction, but I'll call it now, Cam will throw a pick-6 to Sherman, intended for Benjamin.

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I want Carolina to win the Superbowl so bad.

    I'd laugh forever.

    I would never stop flipping the world the double bird.

  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Registered User regular
    Rams are one step closer to LA... well not really but sortof...

    complete with renderings!

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html#page=1

  • XehalusXehalus lofi Registered User regular
    but first we must bulldoze Inglewood

  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Todd Archer asked the head official why they picked up the flag. Explanation is here:

    http://i.imgur.com/NQSYU6I.jpg

    It was faceguarding, which isn't a penalty in the NFL if there's no DPI which there wasn't. And any contact Hitchens made would've been offset by the illegal hands to the face which is what kept him from turning his head anyway.

    All this salt wouldn't even matter if the Lions could manage to score more than 3 points in the second half, or keep playing defense like they did in the first quarter.

    It was a generally poorly officiated game, but it went against the Cowboys just as much as it did the Lions, especially in the first half.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Like I said, I don't care if they call the penalty and I know one play doesn't make the game. It pissed me off because it took what was a great game and gave it a controversy which means that's mostly what everyone will be talking about instead of the players.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    People keep misunderstanding whether Dez on the field without a helmet on should've been a penalty too. Here's the rule for removing your helmet:
    REMOVAL OF HELMET
    (h) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play during a celebration or during a confrontation
    with a game official or any other player.

    Dez did not remove his helmet during a confrontation. He didn't have his helmet on in the first place, and when he ran on to the field it was not during a play, so also not a 12 men on the field penalty. What he did was the same thing as if he was checking in to the game between plays, having not yet put his helmet on, and decided to jaw at an official on his way to the huddle. Not a penalty.

    Joshmvii on
    ButtersKanaSlacker71PizzleStixx
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    People will get over it. It was a bad flag that shouldn't have been thrown, and then they wouldn't have had to pick it up. They probably should have Hochuli'ed it and explained picking it up so people would understand, but they're not required to do that either.

    If anybody here is stupid enough to believe that it was some sort of pro-Cowboys conspiracy, please go back in time and tell the NFL to accept Jerry Jones' checks to make the Cowboys not dagger fans in the heart by missing the playoffs by losing games in week 17 the past few years.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They need better communication so that they don't call the penalty then pick up the flag super late.

    I can't remember ever hearing them announce a penalty then change their mind afterwards.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    Kilroy
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Todd Archer asked the head official why they picked up the flag. Explanation is here:

    http://i.imgur.com/NQSYU6I.jpg

    It was faceguarding, which isn't a penalty in the NFL if there's no DPI which there wasn't. And any contact Hitchens made would've been offset by the illegal hands to the face which is what kept him from turning his head anyway.

    All this salt wouldn't even matter if the Lions could manage to score more than 3 points in the second half, or keep playing defense like they did in the first quarter.

    It was a generally poorly officiated game, but it went against the Cowboys just as much as it did the Lions, especially in the first half.

    It is a penalty when you run through the receiver without looking for the ball however. Which is exactly what happened. This faceguarding strawman is hilarious.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    you are homering pretty hard if you don't think that's pass interference

    but nobody would even be talking about it today if the flag wasn't thrown in the first place, so eh, whatever

    bugss2.jpg
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Rumor is that Chris Ballard is likely to get the GM job in Chicago, and that he'll want Dave Toub as the head coach.

    walrus.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Personally I think it's a no call because Pettigrew is pretty blatantly initiating contact by grabbing the defender's facemask.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Dabble Of TheloniusSlacker71PizzleStixx
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    you are homering pretty hard if you don't think that's pass interference

    but nobody would even be talking about it today if the flag wasn't thrown in the first place, so eh, whatever
    Chris Carter's explanation on Mike and Mike as to why it wasn't PI was pretty good. I'm sure it's out there on ESPN.com somewhere.

    My problem isn't that it was reversed. It's that it was announced, they moved the ball, and then reversed the decision and moved the ball back. That's bananas.

    walrus.png
    Kilroy
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't even care that they didn't call the penalty. It was probably pass interference but whatever. Just decide that before the Lions are basically lined up for their first down play.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    It was interesting to hear Cris Carter's take on it this morning. He basically said that if Stafford throws the ball higher and/or Pettigrew stops in his route to at least pretend to go back to the ball, it's an undebateable penalty to the refs.

    TFEOM_banner.jpg
    orthancstone
This discussion has been closed.