Options

Step back, you're [chat]tin' kinda close

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    last time we were doing karaoke i was going to do Love Will Tear Us Apart but time ran out

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    You Oughta Know -> number one mondogreen

"The cross eyed bear that you gave to me"

omg i'm not the only one who thought it was cross eyed bear?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    I kinda wouldn't mind having boobs.

Not, like man boobs. But like rude ass titties.

Also, for drunken screaming off key, no song is better than Crawling.

Now I wish the karaoke place had the Numb / Encore mashup

It probably doesn't

Which is too bad, I could do Jay Z all day

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    cuz i was like

if the bear is cross eyed

then i understand why she's so upset

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    The peculiarity of the circumstances in 1969 Malaysia does illustrate just why it is so hard to find clear-cut examples of violent protests resolving an open political question but not overturning a system, however. The situation was highly unusual: the political system had been tuned for an ethnic balance that unexpectedly moved in a pro-Malay-nationalist direction (with the departure of Singapore removing the near ethnic numerical parity), but without this being acknowledged by opposition leadership, who continued to behave aggressively; this created a situation where violent protest revealed a shift in underlying power that had already happened, rather than instituting it.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Paradise By the Dashboard Light

You can have a partner to sing the lady's part, but it's preferred that you just sing it all yourself.

DO YA LUH MEEEHH
    WEH YA LUH MEH FO EVAH DO YA NEE MEH
    WEH YA NEHVA LEE MEH

• Options
    Oh yeah, I could do "Hold me closer, Tony Danza" by Elton John

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i am home

cats are stupid and won't cuddle

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    You know who disappeared?
    @Neco‌ are u alive?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i am home

Withhold heating.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya wrote: »
    The peculiarity of the circumstances in 1969 Malaysia does illustrate just why it is so hard to find clear-cut examples of violent protests resolving an open political question but not overturning a system, however. The situation was highly unusual: the political system had been tuned for an ethnic balance that unexpectedly moved in a pro-Malay-nationalist direction (with the departure of Singapore removing the near ethnic numerical parity), but without this being acknowledged by opposition leadership, who continued to behave aggressively; this created a situation where violent protest revealed a shift in underlying power that had already happened, rather than instituting it.

One thing that always strikes me when you describe political situations outside the US is how heavily racial/ethnic politics always seems to factor in. I wonder if that will become a bigger issue in the US as we move away from being a majority white country.

• Options
    iiiii'm bailing away
    aboard a sinking ship
    it's an emerrrrrrgency

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    so I was thinking of asking sarah to get me a little custom sketch I could frame from a comic book artist (frank quietly or joe mad or something)

anyone know if that sort of thing is done @bogart @Jacobkosh‌ @desc

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i am home

A cat is fine t-

oh

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I GOTTA KNOW RYE NOW

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you sing Blank space then you get to sing "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a day dream." That should be enough of a reason to do it.

• Options
    Also, I hang out in that castle, so its awesome.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    also i'm downloading the one game i might play over thanksgiving at like 40 bytes a second wtf home internet

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Johnny Cash, Hurt is kinda great.

If you a bad enough dude to pull it off.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I kinda wouldn't mind having boobs.

Not, like man boobs. But like rude ass titties.

Also, for drunken screaming off key, no song is better than Crawling.

They are pretty great

gotta say

• Options
    at least when they aren't sore as hell

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Usually, it's people who don't wanna give snuggz.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options

I fear that I am no match for the version the Man in Black did

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I fear that I am no match for the version the Man in Black did
    will smith did a cover of hurt?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

One thing that always strikes me when you describe political situations outside the US is how heavily racial/ethnic politics always seems to factor in. I wonder if that will become a bigger issue in the US as we move away from being a majority white country.

well hes in singapore and near malaysia

those are both countries defined by huge effnic tensions

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    If you sing Blank space then you get to sing "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a day dream." That should be enough of a reason to do it.

SKFM I already gender-swapped "Style" so that I can perform it, ok

I just didn't want to write that and now I have

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

this is a good karaoke song too imo

especially if someone sets your hair on fire

• Options
    marriage ban in mississippi struck down

so that means there are states that are less progressive than mississippi now

that's gotta sting

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Even tho the correct lyric was in the title, my dumb brain thought the chorus to this was " You are a hair brained sentry" for the longest time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE2joQsWXJg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

unlike the us where racial tensions are like

not even a thing right

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

that's gotta sting

I'm guessing Mississippians didn't vote the ban away. None of these states are voting the ban away.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    sing Fast Car

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hurt would be the worst karaoke song

jesus

• Options

not even a thing right

My cleaning lady and I get along great, and she's from Honduras or something! Racism is dead.

• Options

that's gotta sting
    Same-sex marriage has been legal in South Africa since the Civil Union Act came into force on 30 November 2006.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

not even a thing right

comparatively not to the same degree

plus has been reflected less in us politics for most of its history

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    sing Fast Car

always whips the crowd into a frenzy

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Alternately, Kiss From a Rose

• Options
    Sing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

This discussion has been closed.