As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

is the mcrib back

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    why would you walk up to a drive thru

Because you're a teenager and you wanted a 'rebellious' laugh.

Or maybe you're walking distance from the place and the dining room is closed and you're hungry but don't have a car?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Will I be served if I walk through the drive-through

No.
    Naphtali wrote: »
    why would you walk up to a drive thru

Because you don't have a car, and the drive thru is the only thing open.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Places around here have never served walkers in drive throughs.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Maybe you can see crowds inside the building and you think it's faster!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I live in the frozen north, you would have to pay me to walk through a drive through instead of to go in the restaurant

• Options
    You guys ever think they should put a limit to the amount of separate orders per car in the drive through?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Or maybe you don't own a car, but still want to experience the Drive-Thru Experience

• Options
    The McDonald's near me regularly takes like 10 to 12 minutes to fill drive through orders because people are always ordering for their whole office or whatever.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Like, the only time I've ever wanted fast food in the past couple of years, I've been pretty drunk

So it's been past midnight, most likely

And I don't know about where y'all live, but around here it seems that a lot of the fast food joints will close down their lobby around ten or midnight, and then leave the drive thru open until three or all night even

I live in a city where you absolutely do not need a car

And even if I had a car, I would have no business driving it in such a state

It's not a good set up

• Options
    Ironically, restaurants like Sonic, and other "Drive-in" style places, are perfect for that scenario because they have picnic tables where you can order more or less at the window.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sonic is where I discovered my true love amongst burgers.

BLT cheeseburger on texas toast.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    In other news, I've never had a Filet-O-Fish nor have I ever seen one ordered.

Who eats them?

Old People. At least, that was the case with the Burger King fish sandwich, when I worked at one during college for the most miserable eight months of my life. Anyway. Old People fucking love fish sandwiches. Especially any time an old man insisted on ordering for his wife, without checking with her what she wanted or just letting her talk to the cashier directly, those kinds of people always ordered fish sandwiches.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I

LOVE

SONIC

Even Sonic 2006?

• Options

Who eats them?

Old People. At least, that was the case with the Burger King fish sandwich, when I worked at one during college for the most miserable eight months of my life. Anyway. Old People fucking love fish sandwiches. Especially any time an old man insisted on ordering for his wife, without checking with her what she wanted or just letting her talk to the cashier directly, those kinds of people always ordered fish sandwiches.

Also catholics during Lent/on Friday.

Fun fact: McDonald's has a Double Filet-O-Fish. They have it all year. They only advertise it for ~40 days. Guess why.

• Options
    I

LOVE

SONIC

Even Sonic 2006?

If it comes with tots, sure

• Options
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Uriel wrote: »
    You guys ever think they should put a limit to the amount of separate orders per car in the drive through?

When I was the night shift manager at that Burger King, I made up a 2 order per car limit one night, because a huge van full of high school kids was trying to make 8 individual orders. Since the higher-ups who were in the store at the time didn't object, my declaration became law from then on out.

That particular BK franchise was actually a pretty good company to work for, in retrospect. Whenever we'd get some kind of dumb demand from higher up the ladder, our General Managers could appeal to the District Managers to come work half a shift in the kitchen, and experience first hand why whatever they were telling us to do was stupid. They actually treated things like store cleanliness, order accuracy, and meticulous health code observation as higher priorities than good drive thru times. And now they're out of business... but it was nice while it lasted!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    tots are ok.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've been recently introduced to the Taco John Potato Oles.

Now I can't stop thinking about them. Send help.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    fuck, I haven't had tots in forever

I don't know if any place around here has them

guess I'm gonna get some frozen ones from the grocery store and bake them

• Options
    Crowns are way better than tots.

For one, they're flatter so they cook more evenly.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Who eats them?

Also catholics during Lent/on Friday.

Fun fact: McDonald's has a Double Filet-O-Fish. They have it all year. They only advertise it for ~40 days. Guess why.

I have had 3 Filet-O-Fishes since this post. I... I think I have a problem.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Like tots dipped in Nacho Cheese.

Soooo gooood.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    fuck, I haven't had tots in forever

I don't know if any place around here has them

guess I'm gonna get some frozen ones from the grocery store and bake them
    Sheetz has em

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm eating right again so this thread is like torture to me.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Sheetz is a wonderland of horrible wonderful food.

Like the Big Mozz. Not enough fat in that burger for you? Throw some cheese sticks on that fucker!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

Same, although "eating right" is both relative and on average for me...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Their Beef is disgusting so I stick to their chicken now . I can at least tell its chicken

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tox wrote: »

Same, although "eating right" is both relative and on average for me...

I've had a salad for lunch 8 days in a row.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Or their latest creation, the Schmacker. It's a breakfast item. Think a hot dog, except it's a breakfast sausage.

With french toast as the roll.

And maple syrup for dipping.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    My stomach is growling

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm three weeks into my new plan and it's working super so far

The bulk of the plan is:
    I don't eat lunch at work any more.

I get into work at 8, I eat yogurt and granola or oatmeal with berries with either iced coffee or a sugar free red bull

then during my lunch break I use the office gym. Mon,wed,fri I do light cardio and as decent a weight session as I can get in in half an hour, and tue/thur I just spend 25 minutes on the elliptical. 3 weeks in and 14 workouts (I missed friday cause I went to the dentist in the morning and was still too woozy to workout)

If I'm seriously starving or crashing in the afternoon I eat a fruit cup (50 calories) and maybe a 5 calorie sparkling lemonade or flavoured club soda. I'm super hungry by the time I leave work, but it's a good feeling. It's a great thing to satisfy when I get home to my wife.

I'm limiting fast food to one meal a week and I'm almost entirely cutting out full sugar soda.

That's it, that's the whole plan. I never really get hungry enough for lunch at work so it's been pretty easy. I always just ate lunch cause I was bored so I'm saving myself like 800 calories worth of subway every day and I bought a rice cooker that steams veggies at the same time and my wife and I are getting into that in a big way. Evening meal is quick and easy and is usually chicken/turkey/ground beef/sausage/fish with 3/4 cup of rice each and a big pile of steamed veggies.

I eat pretty much whatever on the weekends and in three weeks I'm down two belt notches and half a shirt size.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Skipping lunch works really well for me as well, I'll generally try to just go for some raw veggies and a protein shake in between breakfast and dinner when I'm being diligent. It doesn't impact my energy levels too bad for early evening workouts and gives me more leeway to have a nice dinner

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I'm three weeks into my new plan and it's working super so far

The bulk of the plan is:
    I don't eat lunch at work any more.

I get into work at 8, I eat yogurt and granola or oatmeal with berries with either iced coffee or a sugar free red bull

then during my lunch break I use the office gym. Mon,wed,fri I do light cardio and as decent a weight session as I can get in in half an hour, and tue/thur I just spend 25 minutes on the elliptical. 3 weeks in and 14 workouts (I missed friday cause I went to the dentist in the morning and was still too woozy to workout)

If I'm seriously starving or crashing in the afternoon I eat a fruit cup (50 calories) and maybe a 5 calorie sparkling lemonade or flavoured club soda. I'm super hungry by the time I leave work, but it's a good feeling. It's a great thing to satisfy when I get home to my wife.

I'm limiting fast food to one meal a week and I'm almost entirely cutting out full sugar soda.

That's it, that's the whole plan. I never really get hungry enough for lunch at work so it's been pretty easy. I always just ate lunch cause I was bored so I'm saving myself like 800 calories worth of subway every day and I bought a rice cooker that steams veggies at the same time and my wife and I are getting into that in a big way. Evening meal is quick and easy and is usually chicken/turkey/ground beef/sausage/fish with 3/4 cup of rice each and a big pile of steamed veggies.

I eat pretty much whatever on the weekends and in three weeks I'm down two belt notches and half a shirt size.

Good on you man, I've shifted my eating as well. I get ravenous without food, I can't function, but I cut my meal size in half and most of the time that's enough. Sometimes I'll need a snack but I've accounted for that. I also realized a pasta dish shouldn't be 3 parts pasta 1 part everything else, but the other way around. Pasta is a part of the meal, not the basis of it.

Down 6kg, haven't lost any progress at the gym. Feels good

• Options
    I'm doing 2 eggs in the morning, salad for lunch then a healthy dinner.

Tonight I made turkey burgers and broccoli.

I have to be really good with my carbs too because of stupid type 2 diabetes.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Breakfast idea my trainer turned me on to:
    Get a carton of egg whites.
    Get a non-stick muffin tin, or feel free to use your favorite spray or muffin cups.
    Fill the muffin tins 1/2 - 2/3 with egg whites. I've heard people put baby spinach in, but I'm not wild about it so I use green onion. A little salt, a little cayenne.
    Bake 15-20 minutes at 350f
    Throw it on an english muffin in the morning on your way out the door. Tasty, quick & easy, low in calories, low in fat.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    The yolk is the best bit! begone devil! begone ye demon of waste!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know. I miss it. But in an effort to eat healthier, I'm also watching out for the cholesterol and whatnot. And I don't know what having a yolk would do to the cooking time.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have discovered a place that makes pancakes then rolls them up burritto style with char siu pork and Chinese sausage and then some veggies.

It is my new favourite thing.