is the mcrib back

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey TDOT have you ever made a McTenThirtyFive

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    oh wait is that the thing where you throw whatever breakfast stuff is left over together

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You would think that ordering a burger with no cheese would be pretty simple right?

Not so. Every other time we get my brother a burger they inexplicably put cheese on it. Like the slip even says "no cheese."

Sometimes they fuck with us I think because they will put extra cheese. Or like fucking hide the cheese under the patty. Or both. So when he scrapes the cheese off the top he misses it on the bottom.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    a McTenThirtyFive is specifically the interior of an Egg McMuffin added to a McDouble

looks like this:

mc1035.jpg

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    When I worked at McDonald's in high school they'd allow us one free meal for our lunch and everyone went totally fucking bonkers while concocting it.

"today I shall try, 2 quarter pounder patties, 4 McNuggets, a hash brown, 4 slices of bacon, a sausage patty, 2 slices of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and special sauce on a sesame seed bun."

• Options
    one of the nice things about where I live now is that there are apparently like a million local pizza places and they keep sending me menus

so I'm trying all kinds of crazy and new... variations on pepperoni pizza

because I need variety in my life, you know

• Options
    Being almost half way between new York and Chicago has its perks vis a vis pizza.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    thats not what I wanted to post but phone

anyway I have a McDonald's story

yesterday I went in to grab a quick meal before work

ordered a quarter pounder and it was 15 mins late

so I sit down open it up and its just the fucking patty between two slices of cheese, no bun onions or ketchup

I kicked up a stink and got a refund plus a compensation meal

hooray

I'll bet this was a special order which you got mistakenly.

People get real weird on special orders, man.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    One time I was in West Virginia with my dad and our car broke down near Some City in a Valley (that was under a sniper attack, where we also witnessed a riot of forty odd 13 year-old-girls marching down the road to kick the shit out of some 14 year old girl for a perceived sleight at school). The shuttle driver who took us from the Ford dealership to our hotel was named Sam. He was a wrinkled old ex Federal Marshall who had never heard of Richmond, Virginia, despite living in Norfolk for about a decade.

My Dad always asks the locals where a good place to eat would be, to get the most out of the travel experience.

Sam just kind of smacks his lips, keeps running red lights, and finally answers.

"The Red Roof Diner... they have a bowl of soup that is entirely adequate."

We didn't actually go there. We left our hotel to go to a different hotel's restaurant and got served Classic Rock Themed food. The theme applied to name only; the Rolling Stone hoagie was virtually indistinguishable from the sandwich Dad got in St. Louis, and the Love Me Tenders weren't especially lovely or tender. Or part of me, as I never finished the meal.

All in all, it was a surreal trip.

I also (14 at the time) thought I was having a heart attack at one point, and the ER Doctor kept giving us restaurant recommendations. Like, The Golden Buffet, where you can, and I am quoting this cardiologist treating me for a potential heart issue, "Eat and eat and eat until you die."

Fun trip. But surreal.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Mal you certainly can spin a yarn.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Taco Bell breakfast is pretty good. Breakfast burritos are hard to fuck up anyway, and those AM crunchwraps are great.

The waffle tacos are disappointing through.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Mal you certainly can spin a yarn.

Sounds about right for WV

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    When I worked at McDonald's in high school they'd allow us one free meal for our lunch and everyone went totally fucking bonkers while concocting it.

"today I shall try, 2 quarter pounder patties, 4 McNuggets, a hash brown, 4 slices of bacon, a sausage patty, 2 slices of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and special sauce on a sesame seed bun."

The stingy fucks that ran the Maccas I used to work at made us pay for our meals. No discount. And they counted the waste at the end of shift, you couldn't even sneak a single solitary nugget.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I remember one of the cooks making us all what he called the "Heart Attack on a Bun" which was basically a double or triple Big Mac made with the Big N' Tasty seasoned beef, and I think the special bacon from the Arch Deluxe, or at least lots of bacon. It was painful.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    One time I was in West Virginia with my dad and our car broke down near Some City in a Valley (that was under a sniper attack, where we also witnessed a riot of forty odd 13 year-old-girls marching down the road to kick the shit out of some 14 year old girl for a perceived sleight at school). The shuttle driver who took us from the Ford dealership to our hotel was named Sam. He was a wrinkled old ex Federal Marshall who had never heard of Richmond, Virginia, despite living in Norfolk for about a decade.

My Dad always asks the locals where a good place to eat would be, to get the most out of the travel experience.

Sam just kind of smacks his lips, keeps running red lights, and finally answers.

"The Red Roof Diner... they have a bowl of soup that is entirely adequate."

We didn't actually go there. We left our hotel to go to a different hotel's restaurant and got served Classic Rock Themed food. The theme applied to name only; the Rolling Stone hoagie was virtually indistinguishable from the sandwich Dad got in St. Louis, and the Love Me Tenders weren't especially lovely or tender. Or part of me, as I never finished the meal.

All in all, it was a surreal trip.

I also (14 at the time) thought I was having a heart attack at one point, and the ER Doctor kept giving us restaurant recommendations. Like, The Golden Buffet, where you can, and I am quoting this cardiologist treating me for a potential heart issue, "Eat and eat and eat until you die."

Fun trip. But surreal.

This sounds like a good basis for a plot for a surreal comedy movie.

Like, I can just hear a grizzled middle-age man in my head saying, "Richmond, Virginia? Never heard of it."

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

The stingy fucks that ran the Maccas I used to work at made us pay for our meals. No discount. And they counted the waste at the end of shift, you couldn't even sneak a single solitary nugget.

Whenever a new burger came out the manager on shift on launch day would have to cook up enough burgers so they could cut them into 6 pieces and give everybody on shift a piece so that they would know what the burgers taste like.

1/6th of a burger. In a store that used to clear over $450k profit each month. Not sales, not gross, but net profit.

Like I said, stingy fucks.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    that samurai burger actually sounds really good

I ate them alllllll the time in Japan

there's a reason I weighed twenty pounds more in Japan than I do now

• Options

Whenever a new burger came out the manager on shift on launch day would have to cook up enough burgers so they could cut them into 6 pieces and give everybody on shift a piece so that they would know what the burgers taste like.

1/6th of a burger. In a store that used to clear over $450k profit each month. Not sales, not gross, but net profit.

This was probably back when burgs were pre-made, too right?

toss em after 6 minutes

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

This was probably back when burgs were pre-made, too right?

toss em after 6 minutes

Nah man, Made For You started about 6-9 months before I started working there.

As for the "bin them when their time is up", well, I heard a lot of stories about time tags just being moved.

• Options
    Back when I was studying music and I spent every weekend smoking tons of weed and playing video games at my friends' share house

One of them was a shift mcdonalds manager and we'd count down the seconds to when she'd finish work on friday and saturday nights and come home with arm fulls of stuffed bags. She'd pretty much just grab whatever was pre-made, fill a sack with fries and dip outta there.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Back when I was studying music and I spent every weekend smoking tons of weed and playing video games at my friends' share house

One of them was a shift mcdonalds manager and we'd count down the seconds to when she'd finish work on friday and saturday nights and come home with arm fulls of stuffed bags. She'd pretty much just grab whatever was pre-made, fill a sack with fries and dip outta there.

One year my mom got some piglets

My mom used to grab all the dead burgers throughout the day to feed to the pigs

Who were named after my dad and me.

My mom is fucked up but that bacon was so good.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    One of my friends who worked at McD's got charged with theft for taking home patties that were past their use-by date and not allowed to be sold. It was especially ridiculous because everyone at the McD's was doing it yet he was the only one charged. All of the missing patties were attributed to him meaning he was initially charged with the theft of $25,000 dollars of food stock. That was reduced once they realised that it was insane.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    someone explain to me the dumb reserved drive-thru parking at mcdonalds. they are two spots, in addition to the two drive-thru ordering boxes. and you pay, and then they tell you to park in one of those spots, and they bring the food out. except i had to wait literally 10 minutes for a double cheeseburger and small fries.

if i wanted to park my car and wait, i would have gone in, not used the drive-thru mcdonalds. get your shit together.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    someone explain to me the dumb reserved drive-thru parking at mcdonalds. they are two spots, in addition to the two drive-thru ordering boxes. and you pay, and then they tell you to park in one of those spots, and they bring the food out. except i had to wait literally 10 minutes for a double cheeseburger and small fries.

if i wanted to park my car and wait, i would have gone in, not used the drive-thru mcdonalds. get your shit together.

Are you serious or is this a hilarious first world problems general ignorance joke?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Will I be served if I walk through the drive-through

Platy on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

depends on time of day and how long the product they had sitting in warmers (if there's any) is ready. you might have come along right when they had no cooked paddies available and no fries available and were in the middle of having to prepare food for your order

no but you might get run over

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Your mcdonalds is short staffed because nobody wants to work there and their line is slower than normal during rush

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Usually no

• Options
    How fast are people driving through the drive-through in the US that I might get run over

• Options
    How fast are people driving through the drive-through in the US that I might get run over

Well they might think youre a carjacker or tweaker . You know the kind of people that walk in areas whete pedestrians are prohibited

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Shit are we still talking about McDs and all the crazy shit antics?

I used to manage a McDonald's. Well, I was an assistant. There were six people on the management staff for the store, and I was the only one that was a not a middle aged hispanic woman.

Let me tell you how I learned spanish....

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Did your McDonald's have problems with carjackers and twerkers in the drive-through, Tox

• Options

Usually no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZCypUOH8js

• Options

Not anymore in Australia! We didn't used to give a fuck, but then someone got run down in the eastern states, so country-wide company policy is to ignore any pedestrians that approach any of the drive-through windows or the order box.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular

Well they might think youre a carjacker or tweaker . You know the kind of people that walk in areas where pedestrians are prohibited

They stopped serving walkers at drive-throughs in Australia and now people do shit like get cabs just to loop through the drive-through to burg up. It is a great loss for the free people of Australia.

Thanks a lot, America, for your tweakers walking through drive-throughs and the other tweakers freaking out and running them over because other people are scary

• Options
    Well its also called a drive thru not a stroll thru

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    why would you walk up to a drive thru

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Thought those said 'twerkers' at first so I kept picturing people congregating outside the drive-through window for impromptu dance parties.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    why would you walk up to a drive thru

Because you're a teenager and you wanted a 'rebellious' laugh.