Options

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• Options
    merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    Heres some other news related to double secrets. Brian and my warehouse team are working VERY hard to rollout a different shipping option for international orders that could save you anywhere from $2-9 on an average order (those numbers could change as we learn more). It is in its experimental infancy, but I am working hard to make it an option in time for double secrets and core 2. If I can't get proof of its efficiency by then, just know we are working on the shipping costs across the board. We hear you, we appreciate the feedback and we are making it a priority. Pinky swear!

• Options
    callmegarcallmegar Registered User regular
    It's on

00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    I'd imagine they'd have a cap or something, like no more then 10 or 15 blind boxes.

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Heres some other news related to double secrets. Brian and my warehouse team are working VERY hard to rollout a different shipping option for international orders that could save you anywhere from $2-9 on an average order (those numbers could change as we learn more). It is in its experimental infancy, but I am working hard to make it an option in time for double secrets and core 2. If I can't get proof of its efficiency by then, just know we are working on the shipping costs across the board. We hear you, we appreciate the feedback and we are making it a priority. Pinky swear!

Best news I've had all day! :-)

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Nope wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'd have a cap or something, like no more then 10 or 15 blind boxes.

I'm hoping it's 10. If it's not, then I fear I may buy 20.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    I honestly would like to see a low cap on this. Fewer pins into more hands just feels like it's healthier for the wider community.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    adambarg wrote: »
    I honestly would like to see a low cap on this. Fewer pins into more hands just feels like it's healthier for the wider community.
    Agreed. It doesn't need to be a super low cap like 5 boxes/person, but maybe 10 would be a good number to stop at?

Lazorz on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    adambarg wrote: »
    Agreed. It doesn't need to be a super low cap like 5 boxes/person, but maybe 10 would be a good number to stop at?

Agree with both of you,but difficult to do with a store, unless they do like with Badges and manually check everything.

(and that is a Very scary thought indeed)

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »

Not sure. I think before the hype train was throttled up to full Willy Wonka a few days ago, I would have agreed with 10. Even the merest suggestion that there might be a DLC in there is going to drive people to buy more boxes than they normally would.
    Solelron wrote: »
    Agree with both of you,but difficult to do with a store, unless they do like with Badges and manually check everything.

Agreed. I guess my ideal scenario would be a per-transaction cap + making multiple blind box buys ineligible for combined shipping. (Sorry Moon people)

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    Guys guys. It is not a DLC. Look closely at the clues and your trade page. ;)

• Options

I... I wasn't ever assuming there was going to be a DLC when I made my comments :-(

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    So it is Dave! Daves for all!

*Queues up "These are the Daves I Know" from Kids in the Hall

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular

The only pins they have in common under "Want" is the DLC. Are you looking at their available pins?

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm not afraid to say...

5qtf2xu20a0h.png

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

The only pins they have in common under "Want" is the DLC. Are you looking at their available pins?

I believe she only listed one of them as a "want".

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Gold Overwatch is my guess -- I'm sure there were a few floating around to the staff at East. @gn0x has it marked as want/need, and @DefaultGen doesn't have it in his collection.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    @merchmistress do you consider "golden overwatch" as three or two words?

Edit:
    As a completely random question on your opinion, of course... Ahem.

BrewtiCon on
    Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I bet it's a pin.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I bet it's a pin.

You won't get any pins, only Amiibo.

• Options
    No Amiibo, only Khlav Kalash.

z36TTRV.gif

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, reckon you got it with Gold Overwatch. This page makes things a little clearer...

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Gone away for a few days, so I missed the news, but this is good news indeed @merchmistress. Please update on that - it certainly makes things slightly more affordable for the international fans. I'm definitely excited about the boxes, and plan to get a few, so cheaper shipping is highly appreciated.

• Options
    Dmosinee- excellent guess. Five points to Gryffindor.

Onto the next- Shall we have more clues?

• Options
    Nah I think we're good.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok. Til we meet again! Soon.

merchmistress on
  • Options
    Guys I fucked up.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ya dun goofed, mang

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I for one would welcome more clues. :-) #TeamClues

• Options
    PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    All I'm saying is, if I buy a blind box and it's not double Daves, I'm going to be sorely disappointed, and will probably flip the table with the MtG cards, life counters, and even my hand-made tokens.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Don't worry guys, @merchmistress has learned to ignore @fishfishmonkeyhat. She is working on a poem hint for one of the other pins in the boxes, and made me promise not to give any clues, so sounds like you guys are on your own for this one.

And @Pruncible, the randomization process was pretty good. If a box does exist with double Dave (what a glorious box that would be) the odds of you getting it seems pretty small. Apologies to your tables in advance.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    This is just torture at this point because it reminds me how far June is to buy them. How likely do you think it is of getting them before Prime?

• Options
    This is just torture at this point because it reminds me how far June is to buy them. How likely do you think it is of getting them before Prime?
    ^

This is actually a very important question. If I plan on dropping $300 on blind boxes and don't have them available to trade at Prime, then that would drastically reduce the amount of blind boxes I would get.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think it's very fair to assume these will ship right away this time, I'll let the overlords confirm that though.

• Options
    I think it's very fair to assume these will ship right away this time, I'll let the overlords confirm that though.

I don't live down in the bunker like @merchmistress but it seems reasonable that they would ship pretty fast assuming you don't order some pre-release thing that has to keep getting delayed. But keep in mind there will be a bolus of orders, so it may not all ship the exact day ordered. Disclaimers about not being able to guarantee what the post will do, etc, etc.

Far as exact timing, while she said Soon(tm) a long time ago, it is now more soon than it used to be. #halping.

Also she reminded me June is actually less than 2 weeks away now.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

I don't live down in the bunker like @merchmistress but it seems reasonable that they would ship pretty fast assuming you don't order some pre-release thing that has to keep getting delayed. But keep in mind there will be a bolus of orders, so it may not all ship the exact day ordered. Disclaimers about not being able to guarantee what the post will do, etc, etc.

Far as exact timing, while she said Soon(tm) a long time ago, it is now more soon than it used to be. #halping.

Also she reminded me June is actually less than 2 weeks away now.

You had me at bolus

• Options
    Hopefully at least 2 bolus this run.

• Options
    My hands built every box and my hands will most likely ship out every box. I will crank em out as fast merchmistressly possible!

• Options
    Your pin hunting ODYSSEY may take your search far and wide,
    For MANY A MOON you'll fill your collection with pride,
    The search can be daunting, but its the rare ones you seek,
    The searching and squinting may leave a WRINKLE across your cheek,
    Though we 'cant live forever' and we dont all 'swim in cash',
    FAME may be measured by your vast Pinny stash.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I GOT IT! There will be PINS in the boxes!

Most likely 2 in each...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png