As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel[Prime]Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in Pinny Arcade
Finally they are here!

i-sPJNdCT.jpg

And now I wonder how long it is until someone posts about the Double Secret Set, only possible to get through the boxes?

zerzhul on

• Options
    big haircutbig haircut Registered User regular
    this is big news in my world. I am going to buy so many of these things

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Sigh... time to take that second mortgage!

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sigh... time to take that second mortgage!

I'm not complaining, simply acknowledging that I'll buy a figurative ton of those!

Shadowscars22 on
  • Options
    ironman288ironman288 Registered User new member
    I just started collecting Pins so I'm happy to see these! It seems like a likely way to get pins that are not part of currently for sale sets, no?

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Yes you can get last years xmas set, Halloween, Even all the old pax sets.
    good luck

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is "blind boxes" a copyrighted term?

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Is "blind boxes" a copyrighted term?

Doesn't appear so. But Double Secret is probably more accurate. They likely ensure that you don't get two of the same Pin, so it isn't a truly "blind" draw. Plus it lets them do future Secret Pins and Secret Sets, which will cause us to froth at the mouth as we punch in our credit card information.

I see what they are up to. I'm powerless to do anything but fork over the money, but at least I can see it coming. :D

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to video each Blind Box opening just in case something special appears!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And of course, the first Secret Pin has to be a Secret Agent.
    221514666_55WM5-L-2.jpg

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    but at least I can see it coming. :D

Better than some I guess.

GPCNOSE.jpg?1

• Options
    I feel like redoing today's strip and where it says "play Warlords of Draenor" substitute "collect Pinny Arcade pins".

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options

Oh my!

/fingers crossed

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I feel like redoing today's strip and where it says "play Warlords of Draenor" substitute "collect Pinny Arcade pins".

@Frostbyte did that with an earlier WOW strip that they did. :)

• Options
    I can't help, but reminisce times where I hung around hobby stores and purchased booster pack after booster pack of cards, just to get THAT one card - opening random assortment of items is always a blast.

• Options

Oh my!

/fingers crossed

XrQtGe5.png

• Options
    <

Thanks FFMH that's awesome!

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I wonder if these will be available for purchase at Pax South -- the temptation to just keep buying would be so much worse when you get the instant gratification of tearing into it.

dmosinee on
    Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Crazy excited about this! Even if I end up with a bunch of lookout pins I will at least have them trade staff at the next pax!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wait, is that confirmed theres a secret pin/set in there or are we just speculating? Please DONT TOY WITH MY Heart LIKE THAT

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Wait, is that confirmed theres a secret pin/set in there or are we just speculating? Please DONT TOY WITH MY Heart LIKE THAT

There isn't... or is there?

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    You can also get a DLC from the blind boxes.... /s

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options

There isn't... or is there?

Schrotingers Pin box: There both IS and ISNT a new pin th there, and youll never know until it opens...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    221514666_55WM5-L-2.jpg

That would be the best ;)

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I wonder if @Robert Khoo‌ would ever be so devious as to grab some paint, recolor a pin, then print out a fake "Limited edition out of 100" cert to throw in the box, then send it to one of the hardcore collectors...

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    @hingo you are a monster

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    foehammer wrote: »
    @hingo you are a monster

Aren't pins the real monsters here?

• Options
    It's only a matter of time before the ridiculously exclusive pins hit. I've seen the warning signs...*ominous music*

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    Hingo wrote: »
    I wonder if @Robert Khoo‌ would ever be so devious as to grab some paint, recolor a pin, then print out a fake "Limited edition out of 100" cert to throw in the box, then send it to one of the hardcore collectors...

I am going to be watching for that in April.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    There are up now for pre-order.

http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/pinny-arcade-double-secret-boxes
    Not eligible for this poster offer but still awfully exciting are the long-whispered-about and suddenly-real Pinny Arcade Double Secret Boxes. These are neat little boxes that each hold 2 individually-bagged pins added at near-random. That means your box could contain anything from a completed pair of Garruk faces, to a Lookouts Leader and a PAX 2013 logo pin. “Near-random” means that your box will not contain two pins from the same “common” set, and there’s plenty of boxes here that hold some of the tough-to-find pins from the 2013 PAXes and PAX Aus, plus some of our Limited Edition pins. Collectors, traders; feel encouraged to try your luck! Indeed from now until the end of Cyber Monday, feel 10% more encouraged as on those days, Double Secret boxes will be 10% off!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Little known fact - One in every one million blind boxes will contain a PAX Golden Ticket!

Pinny Pals Profile

• Options
    Everyone note the word "some" of the Limited Edition Pins. Not going to be raining DLCs.

Also, I like that they have said they won't be containing more than one Pin from each "common" Set (which I assume to be the Core Set, Lookouts Set, Acq Inc Set and possibly Twisp & Catsby Set)

• Options
    Of course it could contain a common pin from 2 different common sets.

• Options
    cogswell_chriscogswell_chris Melbourne, AussielandRegistered User regular
    When I'm balancing how much time I can spend on my holidays/Pax time while buying the most amount of boxes, I think it's a problem. I've settled on 5, for now...

Pinz: https://pinnypals.com/pals/cogswell_chris
    South [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Plane Ticket DONE
    East [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Plane Ticket
    Aus [x] 3 Day Pass [x] My House [x] Car
  • Options
    By the way when we eventually receive our boxes we should post what we get out of them, just to get a sense of what is put into them, how many are lookouts fodder etc.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My pin addiction is still pretty new, but I'm quite excited about these double secret boxes! Seeing as I don't have heaps of pins OR doubles yet, they'll be a great way to stock up on both. I'm based in Melbourne, so hoping to see some sweet American PAX pins. I've ordered 6 boxes for now (plus an Xmas set to get a Merch pin!) I'm trying out ShopSmart to attempt to lower my shipping costs, we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    By the way when we eventually receive our boxes we should post what we get out of them, just to get a sense of what is put into them, how many are lookouts fodder etc.

I can feel a Google Doc coming on :)

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    I'm trying out ShopSmart to attempt to lower my shipping costs, we'll see how it goes.

Do you mean ShopMate, or is that a different service?

I haven't bought any yet, but I went through the checkout process for 2 DSB's with both my Australian address and the shopmate address, and the difference didn't really even out when you consider it's gonna be a minimum of $30 AUD to get anything sent back to us.

Might as well cut out the middle man/hassle and just get them sent straight to me.

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm trying out ShopSmart to attempt to lower my shipping costs, we'll see how it goes.

Do you mean ShopMate, or is that a different service?

Oops sorry, yes ShopMate. No idea where I got ShopSmart from. My PA Shop shipping quote was about sixty bucks (US) all up for a pin set and 6 DSB's, only 9 bucks to my ShopMate address. As long as the postage from ShopMate to Australia is under fifty bucks, I'm ahead.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Or we could do a Google Hangout and do it all on video?! Build major suspense and shit.

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Or we could do a Google Hangout and do it all on video?! Build major suspense and shit.

This...