As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Happy birfday to meeee!

Boxes get!

Now to drown my addiction shame in food. Wait...am I doing this right?

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    And I missed them, went from available to sold out when I went to pay. :(

Edit: After some fiddling (as they still showed as available), I apparently managed to get the last 3 boxes.

D0rkAngl on
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    Got 5, happy camper I be!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Boo, curse you mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy cooking! Missed the starting gun and they're sold out already. Oh well =)

• Options
    13thVoice13thVoice Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Boo, sold out when I went to check out
    Not the best cart system then if it lets you load up and sells them out under you

13thVoice on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Happy early birfday to me!

Boxes get! Now to drown my addiction shame in piles of food. Wait...am I doing this right?

• Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I just bought two more, along with my Christmas gifts. ^_^

• Options
    Juicesir wrote: »
    I just bought two more, along with my Christmas gifts. ^_^

Shows as sold out at checkout with 1 in my cart now (and has since I bought my 3) :(

• Options
    It seems like for some it's sold out, for others it didn't. I think @Frostbyte managed to get like 12 after the supposed sellout as well?

• Options
    OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Only picked up two. Funds are low at the moment.

Oh well, I need to start weening myself off my compulsive need to buy every pin anyways.

• Options
    drchiadrchia PAX CFP Manager NJRegistered User regular
    I managed to get 11 at 3:06pm EST

• Options
    Juicesir wrote: »
    It seems like for some it's sold out, for others it didn't. I think @Frostbyte managed to get like 12 after the supposed sellout as well?

VPN'd to Canada out of curiosity. Still sold out. :)

• Options
    Olerhead wrote: »
    Only picked up two. Funds are low at the moment.

Oh well, I need to start weening myself off my compulsive need to buy every pin anyways.

Same. I've been trying to limit unnecessary pin spending. Only limiting it to one set gets and whatever free I can pick up. Only got the DSB cus my GF wanted some pins for Christmas.

• Options
    They don't appear sold out here in Australia.

• Options
    JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Happy birfday to meeee

Same to me! picked up 8 lucky boxes

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Options
    13thVoice13thVoice Registered User regular
    They're now appearing as SOLD OUT, and they were sold out for me in Australia at 8mins after being onsale

• Options
    Either way, I've got my two. I'm looking forward to my two Catsbys and Lookouts. :P

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I missed the sale last time so I am glad I got 4 this time. Hope to at least get a few pins from the other Paxes.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Sold out before I could get any :(

• Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    On the plus side I saved some money. On the negative no DSB's. :(
    Not a happy camper.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    PC crashed at one minute to launch, and then wanted to do startup repair, POS!

When I got it loaded again it said I could only add one box, then they were sold out.

So I thought I might as well grab the xmas set, and then it let me add 3 DBS's, so I did.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Was that all of them, or are there more for even laterer though? :)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I ended up with 5, along with a Christmas/Enfu set.

• Options
    astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    D0rkAngl wrote: »
    Was that all of them, or are there more for even laterer though? :)
    @Retnus said on twitter that there would be more "later in the season".

• Options
    Rod.HRod.H Running from the Dropbears...Registered User regular
    I take umberage to 'young man who only collects cat pins', I'm not young and I collect other pins too...

I managed to order six boxes, it took a few refreshes to do so but I got there in the end. I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I cracked a DLC & DSBM, probably be a bit underwhelmed as I'd expect neither to be present just a stack of PAX aus 14 & 15 pins.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Missed out this time.....

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Couldn't believe it. Logged on before 7AM (local Au time), refreshed until they appeared, by the time my crappy internet connection loaded various pages and got me to checkout, all gone :bigfrown: . That was certainly waaaaaaaaaaay faster than last time

InterestingMix on
    m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    That Gazelle email I got at 1:24 could have been better timed. Those 1000 went pretty darn fast.

• Options
    InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    That Gazelle email I got at 1:24 could have been better timed. Those 1000 went pretty darn fast.
    Yeah, knowing it's limited after it sells out isn't ideal

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I just assumed they were going to be limited, now we have blind merch in play.

• Options
    I assumed (knew) too, hence why I was on before 7AM in attempt to purchase. It's just weird when you're reading an email about a product you can't get.

Any apparent anger is simply jealousy and envy of course :-)

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I guess I wasn't prepared. :(

• Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    indeed, the title of the thread is very apt. I thought I was prepared, but I guess I wasn't. Figured they'd at least last an hour. Tried to buy six, but they came up as sold out in my cart. Kept refreshing and eventually was able to buy one. Which I suppose is better for my wallet anyway.

• Options
    New title "You were not suitably prepared"

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular

I pretty much watched Brian's twitter like a hawk. He said DSBs would be the last thing put online at exactly noon pst, 4 minutes after noon, BOOM, they appeared. I got my shirt and 5 boxes and checked out

• Options
    Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    Nope wrote: »

I pretty much watched Brian's twitter like a hawk.

This.

plus the gazelle the other day (not today's) said noon on thanksgiving. so did the one announcing the armadeaddon pins.

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Snagged 5boxes here and the 2 new sets!

• Options
    Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I just sat and refreshed on the store starting at 12 PST until I saw them. Got seven boxes along with the Christmas set, Lookouts book and board game. I feel your pain though...I felt rude ignoring my parents for those 5-10 minutes but knew if I didn't I'd miss it. :(

• Options
    Nope wrote: »
    I pretty much watched Brian's twitter like a hawk. He said DSBs would be the last thing put online at exactly noon pst, 4 minutes after noon, BOOM, they appeared. I got my shirt and 5 boxes and checked out

As did I. I was also refreshing the site from before 7AM (the equivalent local time). Based on the older Gazelle you mentioned I had a google calendar event for it that automatically shifted for whatever timezone I happened to be in (I travel a lot). I always read the Gazelle and PA News. I had my Club Discount Code already in the clipboard ready for checkout etc.

I still couldn't get a purchase of the DSBs through before sell out, even though I was buying nothing else. It was just slow. (The wonderful world a lot of us in Australia simply have to contend with)

So for me: not prepared "enough" despite being pretty prepared

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!