As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - The Elucidator

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - The Elucidator

The Elucidator

The Elucidator

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/12/10

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Gabe's dad for game journalist of the year.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Gabe's got the start of a mullet back there.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Gotta love Gabe rockin' the long sleeves to hide his tats.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Gabe's got the start of a mullet back there.

His dad's first point ain't wrong.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    This comic exists in a weird, self referential paradox.

There is no comic about how Destiny's daily quest areas require the new DLC... except for this comic itself. And this comic references the Destiny DLC comic in the past tense, as if the comic had already been drawn.

So.

This comic is self referential in the past tense, simultaneous to the moment in which it is happening. The events of this comic exist both in the present and the past at the same time.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Penny Arcade rarely keeps continuity, internally or otherwise.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I just noticed that Gabe's father also appears to have face tentacles.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    This comic reminds me that I need to cut my hair.

I'm fairly certain that in a couple more months I could go to a comicon cosplaying as Eugene from Walking Dead.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

There is no comic about how Destiny's daily quest areas require the new DLC... except for this comic itself. And this comic references the Destiny DLC comic in the past tense, as if the comic had already been drawn.

So.

This comic is self referential in the past tense, simultaneous to the moment in which it is happening. The events of this comic exist both in the present and the past at the same time.
    I actually went back through a couple weeks of comics to see if there was one I somehow missed or I had simply forgotten about such a comic existing. Clearly this was all part of an elaborate scheme to get more page hits.

• Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular

So.

Obviously the Vex are at work here.

rawr
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gotta love Gabe rockin' the long sleeves to hide his tats.

And how Gabe's Dad probably looks like Mike's Dad, and not remotely like Gabe :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'd love it if, in the next comic whatever it be, Gabe totally did have a haircut with no other explanation. Not just any haircut either, a full on buzz cut. Or Cornrows.

• Options
    MirrorMirrorMirrorMirror Registered User new member

So.

You answered the very question i specifically signed up to ask about. Danke.