Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Since I was on a trip out of town, I got to play some of my neglected 3ds version of smash. It makes me wish some of the stages in the 3ds version were in the wiiu one.

My favorite is probably arena ferox. The way the stage sets you in the center of a colosseum, with pits all around is just awesome. I've been gathering some screen shots of stages I'd like to try and recreate in the wiiu version. Sadly you can't have stages shift form, but I can make each form its own stage.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    why is Corneria only in the 3ds version

why

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    why is Corneria only in the 3ds version

why
    Because Star Fox 64 3D is a handheld game.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I miss the Fountain of Dreams. It was an aesthetically pleasing stage with a good rendition of Gourmet Race.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I miss the Fountain of Dreams. It was an aesthetically pleasing stage with a good rendition of Gourmet Race.

I was just thinking about that stage a few days ago - it had great music.

I wish Skyloft had the flight theme as an option; it's so triumphant, but maybe it's not as upbeat as other songs. I dunno.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbROTdOgj0

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Now Smashing...

Currently on tournament settings but up for anything.

• Options
    ZilikZilik Registered User regular
    I'll get in some games with you, just sent a friend request.

Switch : SW-6376-0705-0509
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Good fights @zilik but now I have a hungry kid to placate.

Always good to get some Smash time in

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    anyone around who wants to play some matches?

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    If you're still looking for someone to play with I can play. My NNID is GhostPikmin.

• Options
    If you're still looking for someone to play with I can play. My NNID is GhostPikmin.

let's play some other time, about to turn in

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Finally got around to registering my copy of the Wii U game. Soundtrack and Mewtwo DLC incoming.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Hmm, I didn't receive an e-mail and the soundtrack isn't on my order inquiries page...I'm fairly certain I redeemed it, because I even had to fix my address. Is there any way I can be certain that it's ordered?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I beat the dr mario trophy rush challenge

Now what

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Now what

Weep, for there are no more worlds to conquer?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I finally unlocked Duck Hunt via 100 battles. He feels like a character that makes you a jerk if you pick him.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Now what

Weep, for there are no more worlds to conquer?

I cleared the "beat all-star without healing between rounds as C. Falcon" challenge which revealed the "beat classic on 8.0 with 3 characters" challenge so there's that. Just when I thought I needed to do it twice....

• Options
    I don't know how they expect me to beat all-star with Jiggs in 6 minutes though

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I don't know how they expect me to beat all-star with Jiggs in 6 minutes though

Just do nothing but smashes. It's actually not that tough.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Set it to easy and just rest them on the corners of the levels. It's not too hard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Shulk one gives me trouble. Always twenty seconds over or something like that.

• Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    I revisited Palutena today and something just clicked. She's actually pretty freakin' fun. Especially with custom moves on.

Lightweight is beast mode. You can get some ridiculous offstage kills when it's up.
    Going deep and scoring a Rocket Jump KO and somehow making it back to the ledge is just so satisfying.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Anyone up for a quick couple rounds?

Feeling the urge to play a little, and it's more depressing when you lose to randoms.

• Options
    Sure. I've been goofing off with Palutena and Duck Hunt so I'll try a few games with them. Just friended you.

• Options
    Sure. I've been goofing off with Palutena and Duck Hunt so I'll try a few games with them. Just friended you.

Thanks. That was fun.

Heard you were good. Seems I heard right.

• Options
    Super Speed and Rocket Jump are SO FUN

Why aren't these Palutena's default moves? Whyyyyyy

• Options

Probably because Rocket Jump KOs so easy. That thing's absurd at close range.

Glad I managed to at least get us both down to our last stocks the last round. Really have a ways to go if I'm going to ever win one of these tournaments.

• Options

Glad I managed to at least get us both down to our last stocks the last round. Really have a ways to go if I'm going to ever win one of these tournaments.

But killing with Rocket Jump is just so satisfying! That spike I got off the ledge was probably my favorite one

• Options

But killing with Rocket Jump is just so satisfying! That spike I got off the ledge was probably my favorite one

Spikes. Plural.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I finally unlocked Duck Hunt via 100 battles. He feels like a character that makes you a jerk if you pick him.

Why? Because of the laughing thing?

I like using him, but I'm not any good at him, so he doesn't strike me as particularly cheap or anything.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    A great Duck Hunt player is massively annoying. The ability to do two things at once is what separates the good from the great and also what makes them annoying as hell.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Got my own WiiU, so my NNID's changed from beardedbatmon to agoajm.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    A great Duck Hunt player is massively annoying. The ability to do two things at once is what separates the good from the great and also what makes them annoying as hell.

Today I became acquainted with the trick where a falling Duck Hunt drops a wild gunman to protect their edge recovery.

Getting juggled by the can, the discus, and the gunmen is bad enough before you throw in the long ranged smash.

Fun fights, those.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @TelMarine GGs! You've got a great Samus, I got baited into that charged shot way more times than I'm comfortable to admit.

Sorry about the lag as well, I could tell it was screwing with a lot of your punishes that would have worked otherwise.

AbsurdProposition on
  • Options
    @TelMarine GGs! You've got a great Samus, I got baited into that charged shot way more times than I'm comfortable to admit.

Sorry about the lag as well, I could tell it was screwing with a lot of your punishes that would have worked otherwise.

Yeah good games. The lag was fine other than a minor hiccup here and there. Seems Mr. Game and Watch can die at really low %s, was really surprised are very first match that you died at sub-100% and then very low 100s

• Options
    TelMarine wrote: »

Yeah good games. The lag was fine other than a minor hiccup here and there. Seems Mr. Game and Watch can die at really low %s, was really surprised are very first match that you died at sub-100% and then very low 100s

G&W is the second lightest character in every game, right below Jigglypuff.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So um, I found a glitch...

I beat Classic 9.0 with Mario, killed the last heart, and paused. Hit L to focus on the stage, unpaused and died because I went offscreen...

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options

ah, seems rough though (even with his ability to move fairly freely throughout the air).

• Options

ah, seems rough though (even with his ability to move fairly freely throughout the air).

Yeah, in the other smash games he was meant to be a glass cannon, but they've largely toned down the knockback power on everything that isn't bucket in this game so I guess he's supposed to be squirrely pokey/edgeguard character now instead. I'm still trying to get a feel for this new playstyle, I still sometimes revert to how I used to play and try bullrushing people with priority but the added lag on his air moves makes that impossible.

This discussion has been closed.