Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ok everyone, vote for Ice Climbers.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Oh man I spoke way too soon

edit: if you don't vote Snake you are dead to me

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ok everyone, vote for Ice Climbers.

Also Groose.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

Nah, Simon Belmont

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I wonder what Lucas's customs will be. Since Ness has a set of customs the same as Lucas's Brawl moves.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    This is a really hard one.

I'm kind of inclined to go for a sort of "out there" character just on the off chance.

Simon Belmont probably deserves it the most.

Shovel Knight would be a really cool pick on the edge of possibility.

The squid kids from Splatoon would also potentially be a good pick.

Part of me just wants to write in with Ristar just because, though.

• Options
    Gonna vote either for an Inkling or Impa (Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors edition)

• Options
    Honestly, though, the best chance would probably be an easy clone character. I imagine they'd want to shoot for characters that would make good DLC and someone who can conceivably be a clone of an existing character would probably be the easiest for them to make money off of in a cost/benefit manner.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Gonna vote either for an Inkling or Impa (Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors edition)

Oooh Impa is a good pick too...

• Options
    I'm very glad that Mewtwo's Final Smash is Psystrike, by the way.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

Nah, Simon Belmont
    Just submitted my vote. Make it happen Nintendo, Konami needs positive press after the Kojima stuff.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    You can submit your suggestions till October.

Sakurai is gonna work himself to death.

I think those are his first ever tweets in English.

• Options
    I'm actually kinda worried about Sakurai's schedule and workload. I'm glad there's a submission cutoff date.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "huge process" is code for "stick to something we can clone for the best shot".

In which case, I freakin' want Megaman X. They already have a model to boot.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    I am done, gentlemen.w0kt6c4s14vu.png

Doit.png 102.6K
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    you put "wordlwide" instead of worldwide

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    rip geno

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I liked Geno a lot until I realized he wasn't wearing pants.

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »

neither did Bubsy

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    What were you looking up on Urban Dictionary?

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    I liked Geno a lot until I realized he could be compared to Bubsy.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Much as I'd love to see Snake back, all the craziness going on at Konami is making that waaaaay less likely.

Kojima's name taken off the game/site, Kojima apparently forbade from going on Twitter or doing his usual video updates, the name of the team changed to a generic Konami name, Kojima no longer an exec, etc. He's finishing the game, but beyond that who knows.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Another for Simon (and hopefully alt costumes at least based on the colors of other Castlevania protagonists).

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I really hope Wonder Red gets in. Because that would be real good. I mean, it's who I cast a ballot for.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I really hope Wonder Red gets in. Because that would be real good. I mean, it's who I cast a ballot for.

Well they already have a trophy model...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    He's too big.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »

neither did Bubsy

Sounded like a good idea at the time. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Okay, so the only previous smashers now NOT on 4 are Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, Snake, Roy and Wolf. (I'm assuming Young Link is pretty much Toon Link.)

Let's see... Roy and Pichu are almost certainly out. Squirtle's slightly more likely (but not by much), though Ivysaur or a new plant-based Poke might be a smidge more likely to give the game reps from all three starter elements. But probably not since we've got loads of Pokes anyway. I wouldn't bet money on Snake but weirder things have happened. Wolf's a better shot since he's popular. I'd guess Ice Climbers would get the most popular vote out of all the missing vets, but who knows if Sakurai will get over the "all characters have to be on both systems" thing.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    rBcri8h.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, so the only previous smashers now NOT on 4 are Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, Snake, Roy and Wolf. (I'm assuming Young Link is pretty much Toon Link.)

Let's see... Roy and Pichu are almost certainly out. Squirtle's slightly more likely (but not by much), though Ivysaur or a new plant-based Poke might be a smidge more likely to give the game reps from all three starter elements. But probably not since we've got loads of Pokes anyway. I wouldn't bet money on Snake but weirder things have happened. Wolf's a better shot since he's popular. I'd guess Ice Climbers would get the most popular vote out of all the missing vets, but who knows if Sakurai will get over the "all characters have to be on both systems" thing.

I kinda hope that they're gonna release veterans like the Ice Climbers either way and that the character ballot is for completely new characters only.

• Options
    ok so this has been something i've been wondering for a while

is it like "jii-no" or "geh-no"

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I kinda hope that they're gonna release veterans like the Ice Climbers either way and that the character ballot is for completely new characters only.

Oh, I'd absolutely love new characters, though existing characters would take less effort. (Relatively speaking -- they'd still have to redesign the models, tweak/overhaul moves, etc. But still.) I wouldn't be surprised if we get one or two more veterans first and then a new one at the end.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    ok so this has been something i've been wondering for a while

is it like "jii-no" or "geh-no"

I've always pronounced it jii-no, but I'm not a big fan or anything. I'm sure theres a wiki out there with a pronunciation on it.

• Options
    Oh lord, I just realized.

Remember all the inane bitching about the existence of Wii Fit Trainer and Pac-Man because people figured their inclusion meant less resources for Super Technical Wavedashing Obscure Guy?

If there's a new character introduced that even leans casual that bitching will probably be a hundredfold.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    i don't remember that at all tbh
    and, it also doesn't make sense to me, it's not like there's any particular character who would be technical just from their stuff from other games

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    I voted for Simon Belmont. I know it's both the literal and figurative equivalent of voting for a third party candidate, but I don't care. Having Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, and Simon Belmont all in the same game would pretty much make the 10-year-old in me explode.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm voting for James Bond from Goldeneye. Silenced pistol, golden gun, mines.. come on now it's perfect.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    You all should be voting for Splatoon Inkling and Captain Toad. :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Splatoon Inkling was definitely my choice.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    There are simply too many awesome possible characters to vote.

I submitted a heartfelt appeal to include Groose, which I'm sure will move Sakurai-sama to tears, making him end the vote immediately, add Groose to the game and frame my submission and hang it on his wall or alternatively on the fridge.

Yes.

Maz- on
This discussion has been closed.