Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ok, here is my submission:
    Character: Captain Toad

Title of Games Character has been in: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World

Why should they be a fighter: Toad has been a mainstay of the Mario franchise since the very beginning. Captain Toad was a fantastic version of the character that has exploded in popularity in recent years. I propose a character that borrows heavily from his moveset in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (throwing Turnips or using a Pick-axe) and maybe even works in his lack of jumping in interesting ways (like Little Mac's bad air moves) - he obviously needs to jump, but maybe he needs to use the Propeller Cap from NSMB Wii or has to drop his backpack first. Alternate costumes could include normal Toad and Toadette.

(I did Captain Toad because I think Inkling will get a bunch of submissions regardless, so I need to help out mah boy)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Oooh, I can't decide who to submit.

I have an affinity for Midna, but that's a long shot and she's already an assist trophy
    Similar situation for Ridley, and Sakurai's reasons for not including him are pretty good
    Simon deserves to get in more than just about any other 3rd party, but I doubt they'll bother with 3rd party characters for DLC, and my love of Castlevania is mostly for SOTN onwards.
    Splatoon Inklings would be cool, and good for Splatoon's sales

I'll probably go with Inkling

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

I have an affinity for Midna, but that's a long shot and she's already an assist trophy
    Similar situation for Ridley, and Sakurai's reasons for not including him are pretty good
    Simon deserves to get in more than just about any other 3rd party, but I doubt they'll bother with 3rd party characters for DLC, and my love of Castlevania is mostly for SOTN onwards.

Yeah I can't really decide, leaning towards shovel knight or bond.

Hey what was that game where ant like aliens invade earth and you gotta take em out.. it was top down and the maps were seperated by force fields? It was like biohazard or bio contain or something hazard..

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Midna would be a solid vote.

Groose is funny but throwing your vote away.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Yeah the only 3rd party character I can see happening is Simon Belmont, but Snake's weird omission makes me wonder if there was something going on between Nintendo/Sakurai and Konami.. MAYBE someone else owned by Namco Bandai, but I can't think of any popular enough besides Pac Man (they have a lot of weird franchises that are mostly popular as arcade coin-ops than modern games :P).

Edit:
    Midna would be a solid vote.

I think Midna is a solid choice for the next game, but it would be super weird with her already being an assist trophy here. I don't know how they'd work that.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Much as I'd love to see Snake back, all the craziness going on at Konami is making that waaaaay less likely.

Kojima's name taken off the game/site, Kojima apparently forbade from going on Twitter or doing his usual video updates, the name of the team changed to a generic Konami name, Kojima no longer an exec, etc. He's finishing the game, but beyond that who knows.

whoa, holy shit

is there a write up of what happened somewhere?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Also, what about Phoenix Wright?

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would kill a man for a Phoenix Wright amiibo. And then have it be my lawyer in the trial!

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Much as I'd love to see Snake back, all the craziness going on at Konami is making that waaaaay less likely.

Kojima's name taken off the game/site, Kojima apparently forbade from going on Twitter or doing his usual video updates, the name of the team changed to a generic Konami name, Kojima no longer an exec, etc. He's finishing the game, but beyond that who knows.

whoa, holy shit

is there a write up of what happened somewhere?

They also took Kojima's name off Silent Hills. It does not bode well.

RIP Konami.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    No one seems to be talking about character DLC pricing revealed for Mewtwo. Seems pretty fair to me, $5 to get a character on both versions.

1rzpjoc1a14k.png

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I was expecting $5 per version (maybe $8.99 for both) so that is pretty good.

Now the question is whether or not Lucas will be cheaper since he's somewhat less work to carry over (Brawl is way closer to Smash 4 than Melee)

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

I will cut you

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I was expecting $5 per version (maybe $8.99 for both) so that is pretty good.

Now the question is whether or not Lucas will be cheaper since he's somewhat less work to carry over (Brawl is way closer to Smash 4 than Melee)

I doubt it. My guess is that Nintendo would want a consistent pricing structure - like how they said certain Amiibo cost more to produce, but they don't want to make some more expensive to make people think they valued a certain character more than others (or whatever). I think there's also some psychology there when you see a character being more expensive - you might be inclined to either think the cheaper ones are crap, or the more expensive one is a rip-off and it could sour you on buying any.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I will cut you

I'm with W82, Groose has a better chance than Midna by virtue of not already being present

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I dunno, it feels like if Groose were in any way popular in Japan he would have been in Hyrule Warriors.

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I dunno, it feels like if Groose were in any way popular in Japan he would have been in Hyrule Warriors.

oh, yeah, i mean he's not going to win

goku is going to

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    No one seems to be talking about character DLC pricing revealed for Mewtwo. Seems pretty fair to me, $5 to get a character on both versions.

1rzpjoc1a14k.png

Charging extra for both versions is bullshit

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

You should be getting him for free anyways :P

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

You should be getting him for free anyways :P

I am, but it's still a scummy move.

• Options
    it costs 5 for both versions
    it is a dollar discount if you just want one

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Mewtwo's moves seem to be basically the same as melee's, though with some obvious changes to properties and such. Confusion finally reflects though, so that is nice. And hopefully disable is worth a damn.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    One of the reasons Mewtwo was chosen is precisely because he already had a moveset and thus required significantly less development time. Same with Lucas.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    One of the reasons Mewtwo was chosen is precisely because he already had a moveset and thus required significantly less development time. Same with Lucas.

Yeah. It almost makes me wonder if they'd be willing to break their "the character has to be in both games" rule (since this is DLC) and do Ice Climbers only on Wii U.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    vote for ice climber

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Isaac
    Inkling
    Impa
    Isa

...why do all the characters I want added start with "I"?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular

Oh yeah, I'm just surprised that he didn't get some more obvious alterations since they haven't really been shy about that in Smash 4 and Mewtwo's move set was fairly awkward in Melee.

I'm not upset, fairly pleased since his moves overall look heavily buffed (confusion, for example, not only reflects, but has a MUCH faster recovery).

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    http://strawpoll.me/4019155

Help me decide which hopeless character I should throw my vote away on.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    http://strawpoll.me/4019155

Help me decide which hopeless character I should throw my vote away on.

Phoenix Wright. His final smash could be he points his finger and then a bunch of law books and gavels fly at everyone. And it would be initiated with OBJECTION! And then that awesome music will start playing.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also how bout Darth Vader? Or Spike from Cowboy Bebop?

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So how does getting the Mewtwo codes actually work? I am being thrown by this line in the T&C's -
    Log in to Club Nintendo 24 hours later and click the Promotion banner to proceed. You will then be able to claim two download codes for the additional character Mewtwo – one code for use on Wii U, and one for use on Nintendo 3DS

??

There is no promo banner.

I clicked a thing immediately after registering both versions, where I confirmed my email address. Is that what it means? Cause I haven't recieved codes yet. What's this 24 hours later thing? :I

FOLLOW UP QUESTION!

Can I redeem said DLC code online, ala the PS4 store? Cause I'm in the US for the next month, and apparently the code is good for 30 days, and I do not see a big shiny 'redeem code' button on the eStore website. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    well he doesn't come out until mid-april?

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Codes aren't available until the 15th.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shanoa would be a more interesting Catlevania rep I think, just because of the sheer potential for crazy attack animations. Like, all her different attacks are entirely different glyphs... and she has enough to make that work.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Ah cool, not seen the Direct, I was just going off the terms on the CN site. Still super unclear on what I'm supposed to do '24 hours later' then?

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Ah cool, not seen the Direct, I was just going off the terms on the CN site. Still super unclear on what I'm supposed to do '24 hours later' then?

Click the promotion banner to proceed

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just kept my vote simple and feasible.

Mega Man X:
    -He already has a 3D model to start
    -His moves can be cloned and tweaked from Mega Man
    -He was always cooler than normal Mega Man

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

Click the promotion banner to proceed

There is no banner, except on this page, where it ain't clickable. Just says 'free download codes for Mewtwo available' with nothing further. So... am I done? Is it good to go? It doesn't feel done, y'know? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I voted for Bayonetta

Because Bayonetta is cool

There are a lot of good ideas out there but being a Platinum fanboy the choice was easy

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Voted Inklings

Pretty obvious choice, but not the easy one. I really want Captain Toad and Wonder Red...

But I need to get the most out of the new amiibos

This discussion has been closed.