Options

Space Ghost Coast to Coast (Space Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    He was probably cackling an evil laugh, and then stopped when he realized you weren't the Jew. At least, that's what I want to think.

Stupid jerk...converting me. Ya work in the construction of a network, and then ya get converted for it. I was pretty much expecting it after the narration night 5 though. While it was entertaining and I enjoyed having such a long and interesting part in the narration, it was a pretty big "HEY WE'RE NOT GONNA KILL BUZZ BUZZ" message to the cultist.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    He was probably cackling an evil laugh, and then stopped when he realized you weren't the Jew. At least, that's what I want to think.

I should be happy that my plan paid off but it's kinda annoying that the result of the plan was suicide.
    Stupid jerk...converting me. Ya work in the construction of a network, and then ya get converted for it. I was pretty much expecting it after the narration night 5 though. While it was entertaining and I enjoyed having such a long and interesting part in the narration, it was a pretty big "HEY WE'RE NOT GONNA KILL BUZZ BUZZ" message to the cultist.

Alright, I'd like you to pick three people, one who would steal wallets....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Oh wait, I had thought DevoutlyApathetic from Jerusalem was Religious. I am now confused.
    Edit: Just caught Plutonium's last post.

If EvilBadman is the cultist I'm going to laugh my ass off.
    I will be so impressed with TehSpectre if EvilBadman is the cultist.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I'd like you to pick three people, one who would steal wallets....

ME! I STEAL WALLETS! I DO NOT THROW SURPRISE PARTIES!

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Oh wait, I had thought DevoutlyApathetic from Jerusalem was Religious. I am now confused.

Y'know, he's probably an alien. We were looking earlier at examples of the aliens joking around and accusing each other, and TehSpectre accusing EvilBadman of being a monster certainly fits.

Cantide on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Gnasty wrote: »

Y'know, he's probably an alien. We were looking earlier at examples of the aliens joking around and accusing each other, and TehSpectre accusing EvilBadman of being a monster certainly fits.

Eh, Spectre and I joked around quite a bit after I went a little blue deflecting his accusation of me. So I don't know.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is actually the most impressive death I've had. In the Phalliad, I was killed by a vote on the last day by Athan...and got a pitiful beheading. In the Soviet game, I didn't even get my own sentence. The Mole, I didn't even die or anything...

Anyway, I hope the network takes my advice. The guy I wanted to point a finger at, I hesitated to, because pretty much everything I found him suspicious for was the exact same thing as something I had done.

Also, I'm now two for my last three in predicting my own death. 10:58pm, to the rest of the network-
    I'm going to die... : (

Oh, Ardor, why did you have to cut down my streak in its prime?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    11 times innocent and counting. See, it really is a valid claim for me.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    I think everyone is hanging around to see who the cultist ends up being. Heh.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I find it hilarious that as the humans stumble arround ineffectively, the cultist is laying the smackdown on the Aliens.

If I were the alien, I would have the cultist as my number one priority before the Random Number Generator of DOOM chooses me to be exploded.

I'll laugh if the humans win because the Alien and the Cultest eliminate eachother. I will laugh hard.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    V2, you should really fix your sig. I mean, come on. Virtual. I noticed it today when you were ghost posting...and...just wanted to strangle you more. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's annoying that there's someone I suspected and even mentioned in the thread, but didn't have solid enough grounds to start a bandwagon against - and now I'm at least 75% positive he's a monster, most likely the cultist.

Going to be interesting to see how this game plays out.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    V2, you should really fix your sig. I mean, come on. Virtual. I noticed it today when you were ghost posting...and...just wanted to strangle you more. :P
    Oppppssss..... My dyslexia is flaring up again.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Good morning dead people.

S'up Digger Dude?

Yo DA

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I bought your story about Philideplhia, but I think the network was starting to grow suspicious of you.

And also, argh, they're doing it again, talking about pointless things. "Should we kill the alien or the cultist?" How about "it doesn't matter because you don't know who either of them is," hmm?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Another outside observation:

Hey, dead people. Talk here. Not there. It was annoying in the Soviet one and it's bordering on disrespectful here. Be glad you even have your own thread to talk about things; in a D&D game you'd be banished to chat, if even that.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think your arguments were starting to frustrate them...I'm not sure. I'm not sure on a lot of what the network was thinking...it's all very vague "he looks suspicious" sort of stuff, no real hard evidence over there.

And you'll get no comment outta me regarding the roles of the living. But I figure you're just noting your suspicions so later you can point to your statement and say "Ha! I was right!" In that case, carry on. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    I think the cultist is going to be a well-thought out posting human, though. :P

Basically he has no reason to reveal himself as anything else. His goal is (partially) the same as ours: kill the aliens. As long as the cultist also occasionally suggests something toward finding the cultist, he's shiny. I think we need to look at some non-suspicious people for cultist, frankly.

I thought Drez was innocent before, but this one post of his has convinced me that he's the cultist.

Cantide on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Two of the three I fingered when I was getting bandwagoned are still alive- Last Son and CuddlyCuteKitten. (The third, jdarksun, was only now knocked out, and human, okay, whoops.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    This is actually the most impressive death I've had. In the Phalliad, I was killed by a vote on the last day by Athan...and got a pitiful beheading. In the Soviet game, I didn't even get my own sentence. The Mole, I didn't even die or anything...

Anyway, I hope the network takes my advice. The guy I wanted to point a finger at, I hesitated to, because pretty much everything I found him suspicious for was the exact same thing as something I had done.

Also, I'm now two for my last three in predicting my own death. 10:58pm, to the rest of the network-

What....what did I do? If you're talking about the mole, I wasn't the guy who killed you. You can thank tuxkamen for that.

Ardor on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, it's hard to script a death or any type of narration when the way you died has you leave the game immediately upon my receipt of a PM. All I can really do is say 'hey, you, you're eliminated, bye now'.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only reason I'm not posting my suspicions here is that I don't want to influence the votes of the living, and while I doubt anyone would stoop to actually cheating in a Phalla, I think it's possible that someone might accidentally click this one instead of the actual game thread and end up seeing our discussion before realizing his mistake. IIRC that happened to someone in Phallia, although that time it was a dead player accidentally posting in the living thread.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    [size=+5]WHOOPS.JPG[/size] hi5!

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That was pretty much it- I figured, yes, I was getting opposition, but arguing as dogmatically against it as the three of you were, I figured you three were aliens who didn't want to get forced to name a city- and as we later see, had we played it to its conclusion, Digger Dude's South Tarawa would have correctly stuck out. (I had discounted him, though, when he asked where it was- he was faking ignorance and I didn't pick up on it.)

Secondly, there was the issue of wanting to get the players SO focused on the cultist that the aliens take a backseat. Two kinds of players would want to do that: humans who had been coming up with some pretty deep game theory, and aliens. I had not played against you before, so the game-theory thing didn't register with me very well.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He flattered you by appealing to your geographical knowledge, eh?

I didn't really pick up on it until I started getting everyone's cities, and then I went back and grabbed the cities from the signup thread, and saw how he introduced it, and it struck me as odd. So see, mtv, your plan actually did help us after all. :)

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He he I know who the last alien is and you don't
    Its youwillneverknow

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Frosteey wrote: »

What....what did I do? If you're talking about the mole, I wasn't the guy who killed you. You can thank tuxkamen for that.

You killed me as the General Secretary in the Soviet game. I wouldn't even have been upset, but then my death was just thrown in with all the other deaths of that and the previous night in the narration. I guess from a communist perspective, that's not such a bad thing. But my communist spirit was already wavering by that time.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would like to present to you a picture of one of the aliens getting ready to feast on one of the family members:

BELLY2.jpg

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Precision.

Do you like cake?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I guess there wouldn't be much point in us taking guesses at the last alien, since five dead players know who it is, so I think the cultist is fair game, isn't it?

I say Cecil.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I guess there wouldn't be much point in us taking guesses at the last alien, since five dead players know who it is, so I think the cultist is fair game, isn't it?

I say Cecil.
    I AGREE!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I say Cecil.
    I AGREE!

Why dose five dead players knowing who it is the last alien not make him fair game.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Digger, stay out of the main thread.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

No ones talking there anyway.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, but we pissed Rygar off. He's probably writing in a way to get rid of us as we speak.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, but we pissed Rygar off. He's probably writing in a way to get rid of us as we speak.

But theres nothing he can do now that we are dead.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

He could ask the mods to ban us if we post in there again. Or give us an infraction. Probably the infraction.

I'm baking a cake tonight.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Another outside observation:

Hey, dead people. Talk here. Not there. It was annoying in the Soviet one and it's bordering on disrespectful here. Be glad you even have your own thread to talk about things; in a D&D game you'd be banished to chat, if even that.

Yeah.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited April 2007

He could ask the mods to ban us if we post in there again. Or give us an infraction. Probably the infraction.

I'm baking a cake tonight.

Thats cool. As I always say: "If there is cake there are good times to be had, most of them involve cake."

What flavor is it.

Digger Dude on