As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kill Six Billion [Webcomics]

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I dont see how that strip says anything except "modern police are unapproachable and terrifying to civilians"

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I dont see how that strip says anything except "modern police are unapproachable and terrifying to civilians"

The arguments were (spoilered for hideousness)
    1. "Pig went up to the police officer and left alive - because he wasn't a criminal!"

2. "It's a shame that society puts police in a situation where they need that gear to live because 'these people' will kill them without a second thought"

• Options
    lmao

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    If the last panel is too much for you, I put a puppy in the upper left hand corner of the page for you to look at.

Blood running down the arms but hasn't managed to drip to the floor yet? Fresh kill, invisible girl could very well still be in the room.

If she is still in the room, what are the chances roommate ends up getting killed and her being left alone to explain this to the authorities? Worst case scenario I guess, but the killer does seem to target specific people so maybe not.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I doubt Moonshadow's in the room. Her invisibility requires darkness and it looks like a well lit room.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It is odd that the blood is just dripping to the floor now. So it is a very recent killing.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    haha fucking SFP man

what are you doing in this chapter

I have defended it before but I dunno if I can anymore

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Well, at least she has that one dude there to corroborate her alibi.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    haha fucking SFP man

what are you doing in this chapter

I have defended it before but I dunno if I can anymore

Finally provoking the conflict between main character and invisinkife

the thing the entire chapter has been building towards

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I bet their battle dialogue is going to be just the worst

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    I bet their battle dialogue is going to be just the worst

Yeah, I'm holding on deciding whether I hate or love SFP until we see the fight. I've got a hunch that it's going to do a certain thing and I want to wait and see whether I'm right or wrong about it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I really doubt the processor will be a major bottleneck. In games from the past ~10 years or so it's almost always been videocards being the component that primarily determines performance.

That's because most games in the recent past have been focusing mostly on fidelity, and keeping the play areas pretty gated and small. DA:I is an example of having very large areas, for instance, so processor is going to matter more.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    SFP making a blog post about our culture defending straight white frat boys is legit, but feels a little weird before their main protagonist defends straight white frat boys

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    SFP making a blog post about our culture defending straight white frat boys is legit, but feels a little weird before their main protagonist defends straight white frat boys

well I doubt the fact that it is a straight white frat boy is actually what matters to the character

probably more the brutal murder is bad + it happens to be near her/involve her

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    it has a blog?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

well I doubt the fact that it is a straight white frat boy is actually what matters to the character

probably more the brutal murder is bad + it happens to be near her/involve her

The author felt it necessary to the story to involve this is more the point

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

well, it's good to know that wedontwantcha is still throwing dark and going ever darker .

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    I doubt Moonshadow's in the room. Her invisibility requires darkness and it looks like a well lit room.

The first murders we saw her do were in a brightly lit convenience store. I don't think she needs darkness.

• Options
    A vgcats made me chuckle!

150104.jpg

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Heh, yeah that's kinda a decent one.

• Options
    vgcats is best when it's about the cat characters

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    sfp-5-78-for-web.png
    If the last panel is too much for you, I put a puppy in the upper left hand corner of the page for you to look at.
    Wow, the ding dong bandit storyline really escalated.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Check for a pulse!!

I'm also guessing that this fight will go like a certain one on bleach.

Speaking of animu, should I be worried about Scarlette Johanson starring in the live action Ghost in the Shell?

• Options
    No one knows. All conversations on the topic have revolved around race.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    a hollywood live action ghost in the shell adaptation? I can't imagine that being anything but well-directed and written!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I'd be worried about James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita except that that one is not going to be a thing for a long time

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My main gripe with Camerunnm is that there can't be a new anime series ever because of it

And god if there were ever a manga which deserved a good anime adaptation

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I think race is a big issue but understandable if its the original movie's plot. I worry more about the artistic intergity of the film being chopped as bad as "Ender's Game."

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    All I want is Ron Perlman as Batou. If that happens all is well.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    jake gyllenhaal as mlk jr

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    I'd be worried about James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita except that that one is not going to be a thing for a long time

Well he's obviously a fan of the property, but his obsession with Avatar might bleed into it being spectacle for the sake of it rather than making a strong story.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    One of the nice things about early Alita stories is that the manga itself mixes spectacle and strong character beats pretty well, and it's all fairly episodic
    So you can get a two hour movie pretty easily with a few good predefined arcs

Of course, the trick is trying to wrap it up satisfactorily as a full story. Not even the original run of GUNNM could do that. And Last Order just keeps on going, with magnificent art in tow.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    One of the nice things about early Alita stories is that the manga itself mixes spectacle and strong character beats pretty well, and it's all fairly episodic
    So you can get a two hour movie pretty easily with a few good predefined arcs

Of course, the trick is trying to wrap it up satisfactorily as a full story. Not even the original run of GUNNM could do that. And Last Order just keeps on going, with magnificent art in tow.
    well, so far we don't know much about the story - even Cameron probably doesn't know all that much about what the story is going to be!
    here's what he's said, though
    Cameron: It’s such a rich world. What I’m going to do is take the spine story and use elements from the first four books. So, the Motorball from books three and four, and parts of the story of one and two will all be in the movie.
    I'm sufficiently hyped for the future

anyways, webcomics! I really liked this - it's a graphic adaptation of Tolkien's Ainulindalë by Even Palmer.
    wNpxT3N.jpg

• Options
    K-FedK-Fed Boob Plateau A HoleRegistered User regular
    I just figured out what Archime means. I'm so ashamed.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    K-Fed wrote: »
    I just figured out what Archime means. I'm so ashamed.

archime is love

archime is life

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    2015-01-10-curating.png

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    1792.jpg

Today's Judecca has a bunch of gore and stuff. So it's behind a spoiler.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    That is some weird pixelation going on there in the second panel. It's just the sections touching the background, too. Did Willis accidentally save the master file with a backround and then try to erase it or something? Or over the sketch layer, which was visible because the block-color backgrounds are actually "empty?"

This discussion has been closed.