Options

Phoenix Wright: [Phalla] Attorney: Finale: Turning the case on it's head (Village Victory)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I had hoped that acting like Edgeworth might have the mafia target me instead of the actual edgeworth who I assumed would be village. Of course they were neutral so that was a waste of time.

I had a lot of fun trying to solve it, but it was really frustrating not exactly knowing how trials worked. Did order matter? Were those oh I thought we were doing this case just mafia escaping? What did the prosecutors do?

Thanks for running this @Matev‌
    The narrations and roles were great. I appreciate you responding to my clarification request as to whether or not I was some kind of robot.
    Assuran wrote: »
    I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. The Gibberish posting is pretty hard to decipher sometimes.

I think you said "I hate this post restriction. Makes it much harder to post at work where it's already difficult."

The next line is "You are pleased by voting innocents?" (I think?)

I voted for disc a couple days ago, before we figured out he was an Athan. I switched to OL last night, but he just doesn't go up to trial. Seems like that's a waste of time as well. I just don't have any other good ideas.

I know there are some people I won't vote: DUE, Cyth, You, Pluto, Gizzy, but otherwise, yeah, I dunno.
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I think SLyM, Gizzy, 38thDoe, and Premium are on the level. Not sure about Schuss, Megafrost, or Cynth. MrTlicious seems most suspect based on dodging the trial though.

Suppose there's no harm in saying it, I'm just a normal vanillager, Will Powers, with an autographed photo I can turn in for +1 vote that I still haven't used.

I get very suspicious of people who state that they implicitly trust me in the thread without having much contact with me or explaining why they trust me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Well, that happened.

I had no idea what that power was going to do btw. I was just told I had a hidden power if I went to trial.

Oh, and I would seer as mafia. Combined with the people who I targeted with my power obviously knowing I did it, I was designed to be super suspicious, so it kinda makes sense is be a bomb of sorts. I'm just surprised people believed me and nobody had me vigged!

The narrations were top notch Matev! I thoroughly enjoyed reading them over and over while trying to figure out what was going on lol. I also loved the crazy role I had. The lack of information I felt I had sucked, but the wrong people died or left without really passing info along, so don't beat yourself up for it. I think everyone felt underpowered or uninformed to some degree, made for an interesting game. We just didn't realize both sides felt it!

Thanks for running Matev! <3

When you sent me the logs of the conversations I cleared you as neutral at worst. To make up all the chatlogs would be more work than most reasonable mafia would do in my mind. Gizzy's too. I pulled a few people off of voting for you over the last few days.

Thanks for saving the day.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I had hoped that acting like Edgeworth might have the mafia target me instead of the actual edgeworth who I assumed would be village. Of course they were neutral so that was a waste of time.

I had a lot of fun trying to solve it, but it was really frustrating not exactly knowing how trials worked. Did order matter? Were those oh I thought we were doing this case just mafia escaping? What did the prosecutors do?

The narrations and roles were great. I appreciate you responding to my clarification request as to whether or not I was some kind of robot.
    I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. The Gibberish posting is pretty hard to decipher sometimes.

I think you said "I hate this post restriction. Makes it much harder to post at work where it's already difficult."

I voted for disc a couple days ago, before we figured out he was an Athan. I switched to OL last night, but he just doesn't go up to trial. Seems like that's a waste of time as well. I just don't have any other good ideas.

I know there are some people I won't vote: DUE, Cyth, You, Pluto, Gizzy, but otherwise, yeah, I dunno.
    I think SLyM, Gizzy, 38thDoe, and Premium are on the level. Not sure about Schuss, Megafrost, or Cynth. MrTlicious seems most suspect based on dodging the trial though.

Suppose there's no harm in saying it, I'm just a normal vanillager, Will Powers, with an autographed photo I can turn in for +1 vote that I still haven't used.

I get very suspicious of people who state that they implicitly trust me in the thread without having much contact with me or explaining why they trust me.

To be fair, even if I was a vanillager, chances are I wouldn't have contacted you. I don't soft network that often, but it was obvious you were the village head. We just didn't have enough juice to kill everyone we wanted to kill.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    VW: We cool? Sorry I was a dick. I wanted to say something to you after I died but I felt it wouldn't be appropriate as the game was still on.

Dude, it's Phalla.

I only get long-term mad at people that go against their win condition.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I would have come up as Angel Starr if seered.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2015

To be fair, even if I was a vanillager, chances are I wouldn't have contacted you. I don't soft network that often, but it was obvious you were the village head. We just didn't have enough juice to kill everyone we wanted to kill.

Did you seer as the last person you slept/gain their powers or was I way off? You looked like me when you went to trial. I was Lisa Basil who is clearly some kind of robot.

I was expecting to get some votes after OL was like agree if you are going to talk about your Vertroue vote tomorrow and then I got silenced.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    When you sent me the logs of the conversations I cleared you as neutral at worst. To make up all the chatlogs would be more work than most reasonable mafia would do in my mind.

Note to self: have elaborate, made-up chat logs handy for next game if I'm mafia.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I took over their body, but I don't think I would seer as village. I was a ghost and had no physical form of my own, which is why I couldn't participate in the thread on day 1.

Assuran on
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Also, I waited the WHOLE GAME to see this image

carnage2-breakdown(b).gif

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    So, my evidence was a gun. I could use it to shoot someone.

But it was one shot and I was waiting to find someone.

Out of curiosity, I wouldn't have been able to kill Mr. Diplomatic Immunity, right?

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I'm still surprised I wasn't killed after Phoenix Wright died and I was still in the game. In order to win, Phoenix Wright and Manfred von Karma needed to be removed from the game.

JPants and I were each able to ensure the guilt or innocence of one of the 3 trial spots. Our power affected the spot, not specific players, and it was possible to cancel out our power should another attorney use it on the same spot. So if I ensured the innocence of 1st place and someone else ensured the guilt of 1st place, the outcome would be as if neither of us did anything. That's why JPants and I doubled up on von Karma the night he lost at trial.

I was also able to seer people via the detective, but we lost him Day 1.

Out of curiosity, how many people had powers triggered by the phrase(s): OBJECTION! HOLD IT! TAKE THAT! EUREKA!

After Day 1 the use of these phrases petered off a lot, but man

of the people that used those phrases on day one: Mike CTS, jdarksun, schuss, fightinfilipino, Drez, Auralynx, CesareB, and SirFabulous.

3 mafia, 1 SK, and Phoenix Wright.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    I dunno, we really didn't have enough mafia kills to be eliminating neutrals just because they might be against us. Or enough mafia kills to deal with the rapidly emerging crop of pseudoconfirmed villagers. Honestly if I were still around I would have asked if you were willing to provide your services in exchange for Von Karma's head at close to the end of the game (we did think you had to eliminate von karma, at least until we convinced ourselves otherwise because we had no choice but to hope you weren't against us).

I would have vastly preferred more mafia kills, maybe get rid of vote immunity bullshit and have three mafia kills in exchange? Three votekills is extraordinarily powerful for the village, but so is three mafiakills for the mafia.

• Options
    Also @Drez you should always pretend you're a SK, you're a lot more accurate at voting mafia judging by your suspect lists :P

• Options
    edited January 2015
    That being said, I think the mafia didn't play extraordinarily well this game. The village kinda didn't make full use of their evidence ( there was evidence that could one-shot eliminate each of us and apparently it was pretty obvious which evidence could do that if you soft networked and talked about your evidence ) and rammed their head against the wall of an athan, but the vote analysis towards the end was pretty solid and in the earlier game, good analysis of general mafia-sounding posts and behavior. There was just a lot of cringing from me as mafia did obvious mafia things that I had to pretend to not notice because I was mafia (and later, when I was dead). Like some real obvious posts where they just park their vote on a vote immune mafia and make it obvious that they're not interested in even pretending to try to find out who the rest of the mafia really are.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Also @Drez you should always pretend you're a SK, you're a lot more accurate at voting mafia judging by your suspect lists :P

I was more engaged and analytical rather than just going off my gut.

• Options
    Wash wrote: »
    I'm still surprised I wasn't killed after Phoenix Wright died and I was still in the game. In order to win, Phoenix Wright and Manfred von Karma needed to be removed from the game.

JPants and I were each able to ensure the guilt or innocence of one of the 3 trial spots. Our power affected the spot, not specific players, and it was possible to cancel out our power should another attorney use it on the same spot. So if I ensured the innocence of 1st place and someone else ensured the guilt of 1st place, the outcome would be as if neither of us did anything. That's why JPants and I doubled up on von Karma the night he lost at trial.

Out of curiosity, how many people had powers triggered by the phrase(s): OBJECTION! HOLD IT! TAKE THAT! EUREKA!

of the people that used those phrases on day one: Mike CTS, jdarksun, schuss, fightinfilipino, Drez, Auralynx, CesareB, and SirFabulous.

Just flavor for me.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »

Just flavor for me.

I figured once you turned out to be the SK.

I mean sure it's no smoking gun

but that tenuous little lead would have gotten results had anyone acted on it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    By the end of the game I was super amused by evilbob - summon, give multiple choice, vote

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Loooooooved the narrations, btw.

Easily my favourite narrations of the Phallas I've been in.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    I always loved Rygar's narrations more than any other, but yes this one gave his a run for their money.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Narration was great, sad I died right as it seemed village started to get things going, thanks for hosting

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Good job Village!

I got killed the same day I started contributing. So that was fun. Someone needs to unlock the mafia boards so I can see what the reasoning was behind killing me.

I was relatively lost the majority of this game, but that was my own fault since I didn't put as much time into it as I should have. Thanks for hosting, Matev. The mechanics seemed really interesting and the narrations were amazing.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    @Matev‌ Thanks for running an awesome game! And don't let the haters who didn't read the OP get you down. If people don't want to play in a game with a non-standard vote mechanic, they shouldn't sign up for games with a non-standard vote mechanic.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    The mafia proboards is here: Injustice is Served

@Rawkking Goodguy‌ or @Mikey CTS‌ to open it.

One of you two needs to get on this

• Options
    Obi - it looks like you were voted out by the village

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Fun game! @Drez yeah it was me with the Splendiferous post restriction, I loved how people played with it.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Obi - it looks like you were voted out by the village

ooh

I didn't think I had enough votes that day

hm, apparently I was/am more lost than I thought I was

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Fun game! @Drez yeah it was me with the Splendiferous post restriction, I loved how people played with it.

+1 grudge vote! That post restriction was brutal. Before that day Wash and I probably sent like 30 PM's back and forth. That day i had like 3.

• Options
    It was disc, OL, then you

Disc = mistrial
    Preda with zero votes actually went 2nd due to some village on village random misfire.
    OL = skip trial mafia doings
    Obi = 3rd trial - all village plus Jpants on your wagon

• Options
    edited January 2015
    http://turnaboutmafia.proboards.com/

proboards unlocked (they got rid of the confirmation button and made it automatic so at least I think they are, if they're not bug me and I'll fix it) just tried logging out myself and it worked

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    It was disc, OL, then you

Disc = mistrial
    Preda with zero votes actually went 2nd due to some village on village random misfire.
    OL = skip trial mafia doings
    Obi = 3rd trial - all village plus Jpants on your wagon

Ah, that makes sense

I really should have been paying attention that I was third. I had evidence that would nullify one other person's evidence if used and maybe could have put that to decent use.

• Options
    Role PM

killer-doe(b).gif

You are Shelly De Killer, Assassin for Hire! Descended from a long line of Killers, assassination is in your blood. You pride yourself on two parts of your contract;, your ability to be completely unseen and unnoticed, (Anyone who figures out who you really are tends to have a horribly short life span) and your complete “Customer Care Package” after the hit itself, deflecting suspicion from your client’s complicity in the crime. At this point, you’ve been put on retainer by Mr. Matthew Engarde to help his group. While their methods appear to be untidy, the checks are quite substantial, and the work has been easy so far. Currently, you are passing as Mr. Engarde’s unassuming butler.

Goal: Control the village vote, eliminate all other threats to your group

Your fellow members of the Mafia are:
    Mikey CTS
    Discrider
    Auralynx
    Raiden333
    Rawkking Goodguy
    CesareB
    Dragon6860
    Assuran
    OminousLozenge

You may use the following power once a day
    -All a Part of the Contract: You will go to any lengths to protect your clients. Once per night, you may designate a fellow Mafioso to protect. Any powers directed at them will instead target you.
    -Hidden Power: ??? (You are successfully investigated) You have not unlocked this power yet!
    -Hidden Weakness: ??? (The ??? is used on you) You are removed from the game!

You have brought the following evidence with you to court:
    Bahbalese Ink: Rare substance perfect for counterfeiting money + 1 vote if submitted

You may use the following name when interacting with others:
    Kay Farraday

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    What were all the hidden powers btw, @Matev ?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JPants wrote: »

+1 grudge vote! That post restriction was brutal. Before that day Wash and I probably sent like 30 PM's back and forth. That day i had like 3.

I had the most posts and pms that day.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Thank you for hosting, Matev.

Fun fact: the day the mafia killed me, RGG had messaged me, apologizing for getting me killed in a prior game. I don't think it was his call, but still a coincidence I could laugh about.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Narrations were awesome! Not a huge fan of the vote mechanic, especially re: ties, but meh

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for hosting, Matev.

Fun fact: the day the mafia killed me, RGG had messaged me, apologizing for getting me killed in a prior game. I don't think it was his call, but still a coincidence I could laugh about.

I felt bad because it was what I would have said as village (and I still genuinely want to "make right" for that bout of paranoia had in digital devil phalla that got a large swath of the village killed at some point) but nope, the dice rolled mafia this game so any relationship is going to be a bit unsavory!

But yeah, the mafia killed you because they thought you were phoenix wright ( he didn't appear in court the day you were silenced by assuran ), I didn't think you were phoenix wright because you didn't post any lawyerspeak that might constitute an in-thread power.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Role PM wrote:
    edgeworth-confident(a).gif
    You are Miles Edgeworth, the Perfect Prosecutor! An old childhood friend of Phoenix Wright’s, you’ve mended fences with him and work to find the truth in the courtroom (Doing your best to prove defendants guilty) You live in the shadow of both Wright and your adopted father, Manfred Von Karma. With the help of Manfred’s daughter, Franziska, you hope to outshine both your rivals.

Goal: Remove Phoenix Wright and Manfred Von Karma from the game
    -Siblings.....of a sort (passive): You are masoned with Franziska Von Karma. (Jpants)
    -Personal Hand: Edgeworth may take a personal interest in 1 case a day, choosing to either save a player going to trial or ensure they are found guilty, regardless of evidence totals. (This may be countered by other attorney's abilties)
    You may also use one of the following powers per night:

-Hired Help: You may submit one name per night to Detective Gumshoe for investigation. He will know the same results as you.
    -Voice of Authority: You may use one of the following powers per day by posting the appropriate keyword(s) in the thread. Only the last use will be taken for action (Like how vote posts work)
    "OBJECTION!": Use with a quoted post. The quoted poster's vote counts for 0 today.
    "HOLD IT!": Use with a quoted post. The quoted poster may not use evidence today.
    "TAKE THAT!": You may name a piece of evidence you can use, that evidence counts for triple (x3) it's percentage.
    -Hidden Power: ??? (One of your objectives is removed from the game) You have not unlocked this power yet!/i]
    You have brought the following evidence to court:
    Puzzle Bear – A puzzle that assembles into bear which can hide a trinket in the center +1 vote if submitted

You may use the following name as a cover when interacting with others:
    Jean Armstrong
    HIDDEN POWER UNLOCKED

-Hidden Power: Putting the Pieces together.... (One of your objectives is removed from the game) Now, it's time to use the power of logic and find your other target! Gain a new Voice of Authority Power:
    "EUREKA!": Quote a post. You will learn the Alignment of the Quoted poster (But not their role!)

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Also I was hoping to post this for a long time, but it never really came up.

SWMnVpf.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Great fun Matev! I had a lot of fun with it, and it was nicely done with the narrations.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner