As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The SE++ 2015 Oscar Pool (and general Movie Thread): Bogey wins. Again.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

A few???

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I rarely drink at/before movies because I try to minimize the likelihood of having to step out to go the bathroom.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

A few???

Look at this rookie...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Maybe Blank just doesn't watch movies that require a few flasks to get through???

• Options
    I have no problem with getting a light buzz

But drinking a few flasks at a movie theater sounds pretty bad?

I mean to be fair I'm not much of a drinker outside of drinking at my/my friends place

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well there would usually be more than one person.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Being Drunk/Buzzed is overrated

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blank, I'm somewhat confident you'd die if you came to PAX-Prime.

• Options
    Eh, it's just different strokes for different folks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Disney also announced Frozen 2 at the same shareholder meeting, shocking no one

Uh but frozen 2 is already out as once upon a time season 4?????

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Disney also announced Frozen 2 at the same shareholder meeting, shocking no one

Uh but frozen 2 is already out as once upon a time season 4?????

This is like the OVA adaptation of that

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I have seen a few movies at the cinema smashed off my fucking face, because my friends and I had a habit of going for drinks after work and then to the cinema place, overindulging, and trying extremely hard to appear sober

We once got so drunk on a wednesday night when we went to see a movie that as a result of going out again after most of us were still drunk when we turned up to work the next day, and had to spend a good half hour in the canteen lying down to sober up

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I do not eat or drink at movies

I do not go to the bathroom during a movie

It has happened one time in my life where it was unavoidable and I had to go take a piss during a movie

I simply left the theater after I got out of the bathroom and came back and saw the movie again the next day

• Options
    I do not eat or drink at movies

I do not go to the bathroom during a movie

It has happened one time in my life where it was unavoidable and I had to go take a piss during a movie

I simply left the theater after I got out of the bathroom and came back and saw the movie again the next day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM

• Options
    Zonugal I take my movies very seriously

• Options
    Apparently!

Following your cinema-Bushido code and all!

• Options
    What do you even do with a Frozen 2

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Literally any fantasy adventure that features snow

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Looking for their parents?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well first you found Elsa's School For Gifted Youngsters and then it'll really just kinda snowball from there

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Looking for their parents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have a confession: I don't really watch most super hero movies.

I watched X-Men when it first came out, and Spider-Man. And the rest of those trilogies. And I've seen others (the crappy Fantastic 4 movies, both Captain Americas, Thor, most of The Avengers, GotG, the Dark Knight trilogy, and Man of Steel so that actually feels like a lot more now that I list it out).

But I haven't watched any of the Wolverine movies, or the Iron Man flicks, or the Hulks, or the 2nd Thor movie, or the other crappy ones. I feel okay skipping those.

I would never skip a Star Wars movie. Ever. I would do everything in my power to watch the next Star Wars movie(s) whenever they are released, after that, when they come out on Blu Ray, etc.

And I guess part of it is the ridiculous saturation of the former vs the complete lack of the other for the last 10 years. But, I think its mostly because its Star Wars, and its amazing.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Finally say yes to "do you want to build a snowman"

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Star Wars can be awesome at times

But honestly I'm only really excited for Episode VII as an "event" movie, as opposed to being actually excited about the film itself

The MCU is coming hard and fast, sure, here we are seven years after it started and we're already ten films deep, but of those ten films, I greatly enjoy eight of them, am pretty okay with one of them, and only think one is just pretty bad

When I look at Star Wars in a same by-the-numbers fashion, things get a lot more grim. Two classic films, a decent one, and three total shitshows. That's a bad ratio. The highs are really high - I just honestly don't have faith that they'll ever be that cool or classic again. I am, at the most optimistic, expecting something along the lines of a 2009 Star Trek. Something that's really fun and enjoyable but doesn't feel more substantial than just another sci-fi blockbuster. Something that lacks identity. Something that emulates the look and feel of Star Wars as best as it can, but just doesn't feel quite right.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    they haven't shown much of the movie and yet I feel weirdly excited for it, despite being neither a star wars or jj abrams fan

it is a proper "event" movie in that sense

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I like Star Wars and JJ Abrams a lot

Plus, I don't know, it's a new Star Wars! That's cool on principle, for me!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If it has one properly good sabre fight that'd be enough for me

the prequels had rubbish sabre fights

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just saw Chappie.

It was fine.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I keep watching the debut trailer every so often.

The X-Wing scene chokes me up a little every. single. time.

This is absolutely a major event for me.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

An Inconvenient Truth: the musical

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Makes a weird kind of sense that shyguys would be straight edge

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I think you quoted the wrong post Chincy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    you can't prove anything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    OBJECTION

• Options
    I've never been buzzed/drunk

I didn't even try alcohol for the first time until like, three years ago

It immediately makes me feel like I have to pee

And I mean immediate

Like two sips and my body is like "yo you have to pee" even though I don't have to

It's a shitty inconvenient feeling

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    If anything drinking is underrated imo

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Drinking is magical if you do it at the right time.

Like, for instance, if you're watching After Earth.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love drinking but I don't like getting really drunk anymore.

There's a certain point there where you just end up in the best fucking mood and I've done a good job learning how to reach that point without going overboard.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    They're both gonna make scads of money. Nobody's gonna choose between the two of them; they'll just see two movies in the same month.

Disagree

I can barely find time to see even one movie a month

Okay?

I'm still pretty sure most of America can scrape together five hours in a month

It might not be a time thing.

People with say tight budgets due to minimum wage, or say the cost (and effort) for a family of four having two movies they want to see often means they don't go to the movies.

It doesn't mean they don't want to see them but due to budget or time constraints often mean things they would like to do gets knocked away.

This discussion has been closed.