As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bed & Breakfast & [chat]

KanaKana Registered User regular

Houshi Ryokan was founded around 1,300 years ago and it has always been managed by the same family since then. 
It is the oldest still running family business in the world.

This ryokan (a traditional japanese style hotel) was built over a natural hot spring in Awazu in central Japan in the year 718. Until 2011, it held the record for being the oldest hotel in the world. 

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @Feral‌

I would translate it more as a british cop screaming GET OUT OF THE CAR C***, myself

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Dis my cockpit

avwn4gnlh8ie.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Electronics.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Playing Cyclops in Marvel Heroes so I can get that sweet sweet xp bonus synergy thingy

He's ok but he's no Rocket Racoon :(

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Vaaaaaaahhhhhhgggggiiiiiinnnnaaaaaaahhhhh

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Electronics.

Also Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction holding up the main monitor.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    My favorite part of Archer is that they always meticulously detail the drinks people have, real and fake/horrifying

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    My favorite part of Archer is that they always meticulously detail the drinks people have, real and fake/horrifying

Green Russians baby. All day, ev'ry day.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm listening to Jesus Christ Superstar

and now I want a Takarazuka version

I know the Japanese run of it had Chairman Kaga as Jesus, but I want lady-Jesus and lady-apostles

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Like you probably aren't, like, even thinking about vagina when you say that.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Just watch Arrow.

this is the key element that people should take away from the last chat

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

Think about what now?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    so my doctor and I decided this morning that I need to go back on chemo

it's taken all day to sink in and now it's... making me feel things

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Dunno, maybe he's imaging a massive, imposing MEGAGINA, towering over mere mortals, quaking the earth with its battlecry.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Just watch Arrow.

this is the key element that people should take away from the last chat

You should watch for the chemistry between the two stars of the show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvxdpv5BKoo

shryke on
  • Options
    so my doctor and I decided this morning that I need to go back on chemo

it's taken all day to sink in and now it's... making me feel things

:(

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sorry, AresProphet, that blows.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

As someone who's had a green russian. Yes they are.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Think about what now?

Vagina.

Like, the actual slushbox, as opposed to external flappy bits.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Cancer is some real bullshit

• Options

Think about what now?

Vagina.

I was actually thinking about corporate branding and marketing

• Options
    I will literally put absinthe in anything, so I'd drink that

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Ewww...

Absinthe is just... Like....

I like drinks that involve basically waving a closed bottle if absinthe over the glass and the very thoroughly cleaning it before pouring a cocktail into it.

But that's about all I can take

redx on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i wonder if archery dodgeball is like regular dodgeball in that, if you catch someone's arrow, they're out

if not it definitely should be

NO ZEN MASTERS ALLOWED those dudes are op

• Options
    Vagina.

I will literally put absinthe in anything

:/

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    God damned post got eaten.

@shryke: Fair point. My criticisms are entirely subjective and don't really translate to anything else. I'll say that, on the whole, each film (and the entire trilogy taken as a whole too) just doesn't work for me at all. But if you pull pieces and scenes and bits of dialogue and specific plot points OUT of their context, well some of them are not only competent but brilliant. For some reason, the movies as whole entities just don't work for me. It's hard to explain, but when I'm watching one of the films I am so bored I get this feeling that I'd just rather be doing or watching anything else.

@redx: I appreciated Heath Ledger's portrayal. It was good, and he was a great actor. But let me put it this way: I'd prefer to watch Heath in just about any other film he's made. Like, I enjoyed him more in 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale. In fact, I think those moves are better, in sum total, than any of the three Batman Films. I also thought Dark Knight Returns was a total mess - probably the worst of the trilogy, even if Dark Knight Rises was three hours of complete rambling boredom, I just felt like DKR was a disaster from beginning to end.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Cancer is some real bullshit

agreed, which is why I'm really glad I don't have cancer. certain chemo drugs work well on my histiocytosis.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Houshi Ryokan was founded around 1,300 years ago and it has always been managed by the same family since then. 

This ryokan (a traditional japanese style hotel) was built over a natural hot spring in Awazu in central Japan in the year 718. Until 2011, it held the record for being the oldest hotel in the world. 

What.

How did it hold the record of oldest hotel until 2011? This seems impossible by definition. Either it continues to hold then record, or it never held the record.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I'm listening to Jesus Christ Superstar

and now I want a Takarazuka version

I know the Japanese run of it had Chairman Kaga as Jesus, but I want lady-Jesus and lady-apostles

Oh lord that would be terrifying

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Looks pretty though, I would like it to be my house. But I expect a discount on account of a,, the ghosts, probably. I have seen the Grudge.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

What.

How did it hold the record of oldest hotel until 2011? This seems impossible by definition. Either it continues to hold then record, or it never held the record.

it closed for a year or two and its 1,299-year-old rival caught up to it?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

What.

relativity, idiot

• Options
    It was believed to be the oldest hotel until evidence was discovered that supported a rival's claim to the record

According to google

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Playing Cyclops in Marvel Heroes so I can get that sweet sweet xp bonus synergy thingy

He's ok but he's no Rocket Racoon :(

Boo Cyclops.

• Options

What.

In 2011 it stopped being a hotel, and the owners started 'room sharing' for tax purposes.

• Options
    Booclops

• Options

What.

Someone did not see Interstellar.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i mostly listen to the same 2-3 catchy pop/nostalgic hip hop playlists over and over

i think maybe i don't care very much about music anymore

i used to love it a lot, hmm

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    This is one of the most hilariously awesome things that has ever happened to me:

Patreon sent out an e-mail congratulating the top 100 Creators of 2014, but they didn't BCC it so everyone who got it could reply all. Well, people just started replying to the e-mail chain and joking around and now myself and 99 other "important internet people" are just using it to shoot the shit. Like, literally, Tim Buckley (cad), Erika Moen (oh joy sex toy), Zach Weinersmith (smbc), Zoe Quinn, Nika Harper, a ton of other cool people and myself are spamming eachother's in-boxes and trying to see if we can get Patreon to send us cookies.

Best. E-mail. Ever.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    This is one of the most hilariously awesome things that has ever happened to me:

Patreon sent out an e-mail congratulating the top 100 Creators of 2014, but they didn't BCC it so everyone who got it could reply all. Well, people just started replying to the e-mail chain and joking around and now myself and 99 other "important internet people" are just using it to shoot the shit. Like, literally, Tim Buckley (cad), Erika Moen (oh joy sex toy), Zach Weinersmith (smbc), Zoe Quinn, Nika Harper, a ton of other cool people and myself are spamming eachother's in-boxes and trying to see if we can get Patreon to send us cookies.

Best. E-mail. Ever.

Wasn't Zue Quinn the one who did the thing and the #notallgamersbutmostofthem and something?

This discussion has been closed.