As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ninja Gaiden [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I need some new friends to invite over to my house for board games and cookies. All my board games are lonely and unplayed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    that is the germans Tav

the french have a sense of humor, it's just terrible

Real talk: The joke is funny because it's a play on the expected "tell my wife I love her!" except it's the Neutrals so instead it's "tell my wife hello"

This is why "tell my wife I died" isn't as funny

They're from the Neutral Planet not the Statement of Fact Planet

Stating a fact is pretty fuckin' neutral to me.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I like hidden treetaur mechanics

one of you is secretly a 6-limbed vegetative quadruped

but who?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Oh, I was confusing the thing that I bought, which is called Coup: The Resistance Universe, with what is apparently something completely different known as "The Resistance". I am a board game n00b.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    that is the germans Tav

the french have a sense of humor, it's just terrible

Real talk: The joke is funny because it's a play on the expected "tell my wife I love her!" except it's the Neutrals so instead it's "tell my wife hello"

This is why "tell my wife I died" isn't as funny

They're from the Neutral Planet not the Statement of Fact Planet

Stating a fact is pretty fuckin' neutral to me.

"We have invaded your country. Again."

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The video review over here really does a great job of making the game sound fun, but I haven't actually played it yet! http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/review-dead-winter/
    The problem with Shut Up and Sit Down is that they hype just about everything, but Dead of Winter is pretty good. In terms of Hidden Traitor games with a Theme (unlike, say, Mafia or The Resistance, which have very little theme) and with an actual gaming mechanic, it beats Battlestar Galactica hands down, in my opinion. It's more fun and takes less time to play, although BSG is probably more thematic.

That being said, not all groups can handle Hidden Traitor games well.

Oh I also bought Coup a few weeks ago while I was inebriated and chat was talking real excitedly about it, haven't played that yet either. So I guess I will find out how my group likes Hidden Traitor mechanics!
    Well, Coup isn't a hidden traitor game. It's a hidden information game, but everyone is competing with each other directly. Coup: Reformation has an alliance mechanic where you divide people into teams, but it also includes ways to not only switch your own alliance, but to also switch someone else's alliance so you can take actions against them. Coup is a fast-playing hidden information influence game (if you lose, the next round is around the corner in less than 10 minutes, typically), and the speed of play makes it a hit for the "filler" slot in most groups that I play with.

If you can handle Pandemic, you can handle Dead of Winter, though. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

EDIT: Beat'ed. Also, page 100. Goodbye, cruel thread! The Resistance is another game with a hidden traitor mechanic, and the recent version of Coup is actually a reskin of Coup that takes place in the Resistance universe (read: they had the same artist and art style).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Gonna watch 10 Things I hate about you and relive my eternal high school crushes.

You can guess which one at your will.

837d8988.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    But where is the nearest dairy queen?

I am always prepared for a Butterfinger blizzard

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "I am not some starry eyed waif who's here to succumb to your... your... POET SORCERY!"

I love that line.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    god damn I miss board game night. haven't been able to go in months now due to work.

though I still wouldn't show if I knew they were gonna be playing hidden-role games :)

could really go for a good 18xx game or High Frontier though

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I need some new friends to invite over to my house for board games and cookies. All my board games are lonely and unplayed.

This way, friends!

FHEIKAE.png?1

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    lol there is an anime that is about schoolgirls who are reincarnations of famous Japanese warships

Oh anime fascism

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I threw a party specifically to play my board games. It went very well!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Tav wrote: »
    I showed a comedy video of mine to Haps and he responded "I found it funny, for what that's worth coming from a German"
    "Your friend Marc used this postcard [jokingly written while on a trip] to mentally torture your parents. I'll make his parents think he's disappeared forever, for a laugh?"

"Well, is German sense of humor."

i don't know why i wrote that as marc, i guess i just assumed

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    "I was watching the dub and".

21st century please.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    "I am not some starry eyed waif who's here to succumb to your... your... POET SORCERY!"

I love that line.

Isn't the line "Pelvic sorcery?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    "I was watching the dub and".

21st century please.

This is a legitimate thing to do if you're watching PSG or Space Dandy.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Heh

Hehehehe

Mothers

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Do you guys take notes while programming

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.

@Cinders will create the new thread
    @RiemannLives is backup

This discussion has been closed.