As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MINNESOTA]! That thing Sean Bean said, it's true.

1525354555658»

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    We also got a new State Seal (since the old flag was just “the state seal on a solid background”

New seal is a loon:
    t97jny8sq5pa.jpeg
    The text above the loon is apparently:
    … the Dakota name for Minnesota: Mni Sóta Makoce, which can be translated as "where the water meets the sky."

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Should have been this one

kc9k39inlvnz.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So

Because the temps are up above freezing all week Brainerd is changing up the annual Ice Fishing Extravaganza.

Guess they don’t trust that I have thousands of people all on one lake this year

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    They cancelled the Ice Palace at the Saint Paul Winter Carnival because it's been too warm and not enough snow.
    Last year it was too cold.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Wow, we got the most snowfall of the season last night. A record breaking 7.3 inches!
    And we're still like 27 inches below normal.
    This summer is going to suuuuuuuuuck.
    How much did you all get?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Wow, we got the most snowfall of the season last night. A record breaking 7.3 inches!
    And we're still like 27 inches below normal.
    This summer is going to suuuuuuuuuck.
    How much did you all get?

Must only be on the south side, no way it was 7 inches here in the NW burbs. Maybe 4.

We're 27 inches below total precipitation or just snow? Seems like it rained a bunch.

Anyway, hi thread

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    7 inches? Hmm. Maybe. It was a good snowfall, but ahaha yeah, it's been such a dry winter.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    We didn’t get any up here in Brainerd

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I went to Minneapolis last year for SGDQ and it looks like all going well I'll be doing the same this year

Going to purify myself in the waters of lake Minnetonka

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    My understanding is Minnetonka ain't that pure. There was an incident of.... cholera? breaking out a few years ago because someone pooped in a cove where a bunch of boaters were partying.

So unless Prince wants to see you nekkid, you can still think it over.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    My understanding is Minnetonka ain't that pure. There was an incident of.... cholera? breaking out a few years ago because someone pooped in a cove where a bunch of boaters were partying.

So unless Prince wants to see you nekkid, you can still think it over.

E coli probably. It's usually pretty gross around spring and summer party season. Filled with trash.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Yeah that lake is narsty

• Options
    I VERY drunkenly jumped into Lake Superior once. I almost couldn’t get back out. Cut my knee up on some rocks and tied a sock around my knee for the rest of the night.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Superior, now there’s a clean lake. Good for the soul.

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    I VERY drunkenly jumped into Lake Superior once. I almost couldn’t get back out. Cut my knee up on some rocks and tied a sock around my knee for the rest of the night.

Its tasted your blood. Now it hunts.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    gavindel wrote: »

Its tasted your blood. Now it hunts.

Gichie Gumee, it's said, never gives up until you're dead. Just ask the Edmund Fitzgerald.

• Options
    It was after the All Pints North Beer Fest in Duluth so…I was like a million sheets to the wind.