As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cities: Skylines 2 Now Available

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Damnit you guys, just... damnit.

I totally wasn't going to buy this game before it released. Then I almost bought it, the whole traffic problem came up and I was like, "Ah ha! Their simulation sucks so this game is a wait and see again.".

But no, they fixed it basically right away. Then GMG had to offer a 23% discount and what was I going to do, not buy it?

Damnit.

The real question is, are you a believer in the one true grid.

or are you one of those filthy curves people.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Being able to get the game for slightly over twenty bucks went a hell of a long way to convincing me to buy a game in a genre I normally don't look at.

Though "new Simcity but without all the garbage changes so EA can try and squeeze the shit out of people" contributed quite a bit.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So it is a 9 man team that made this? Holy.... shit....

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Damnit you guys, just... damnit.

I totally wasn't going to buy this game before it released. Then I almost bought it, the whole traffic problem came up and I was like, "Ah ha! Their simulation sucks so this game is a wait and see again.".

But no, they fixed it basically right away. Then GMG had to offer a 23% discount and what was I going to do, not buy it?

Damnit.

All hail the beauty of straight lines, down with the curve usurpers.
    0013729c033710d11f9006.jpg

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

I'm one of those who see people making curved roads and they're all artistic and pretty, so I try to do that myself only to have my OCD kick in when I see all that wasted space, resulting in lots of bulldozing and re-gridening.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

I'm one of those who see people making curved roads and they're all artistic and pretty, so I try to do that myself only to have my OCD kick in when I see all that wasted space, resulting in lots of bulldozing and re-gridening.

With at least 9 times the space for cities as Simcity 2013, I am not sure how crazy we will need to go with space saving. I am looking forward to building sprawling suburbs with fun and interesting curved roads, while building a super dense downtown. When mixed residential/commercial buildings are added, my downtown dreams will be realized.

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »

With at least 9 times the space for cities as Simcity 2013, I am not sure how crazy we will need to go with space saving. I am looking forward to building sprawling suburbs with fun and interesting curved roads, while building a super dense downtown. When mixed residential/commercial buildings are added, my downtown dreams will be realized.

Maximum Density, Maximum Efficiency, Maximum Grid.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

Maximum Density, Maximum Efficiency, Maximum Grid.

That sounds like a tagline for a straight to video movie called Grid.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    I get the base-level need for an orderly grid. I'm very much the same kind of person.
    But, and this is a big enough but to potentially sway me from this practice, grid cities are hella ugly.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It's pretty interesting to look at the giant cities on Google Maps, like Rio de Janiro or Mumbai. A lot of the cities have tilt view so you can get an idea of the elevations.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I am so stupidly hyped for this game.

Also, curves 4 lyfe!

Seriously, my city will be so twisty-turvy that some of you will almost certainly vomit when I post pictures. Fair warning.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Curves are liberal and unamerican. Straight lines are what God intended.
    I advocate for grids in public, but when no one's looking, I make curves. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Melkster on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of curves, noticed this interchange while looking at Portland.
    vdFCqf9.png

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    :hydra:

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Or a pentadick.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So I also pre-ordered.

Also, PSA to all the annoying jams I'm going to create on accident:
    tumblr_mhcyd6EWY11qjg60ao1_500.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    I get the base-level need for an orderly grid. I'm very much the same kind of person.
    But, and this is a big enough but to potentially sway me from this practice, grid cities are hella ugly.

From the air sure. From street level tho? Curved roads are dumb and lead to developments that are a god damn nightmare to navigate on foot or on the road

Also not many people who spend their time flying around looking at a city though and honestly those that do can go to hell because omg you have the ability yo fly stop complaining

• Options
    Wow. That looked....like what you would expect a flood from a dam to look.

That's actually pretty impressive.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

That's actually pretty dam impressive.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Not enough panic and running. :P

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Speaking of curves, noticed this interchange while looking at Portland.
    vdFCqf9.png

Its Cthulhu's penis!

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I spent way too much time looking at people playing this on twitch. I need to play this NOOOOOOWWWW!

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Games being released usually on Tuesdays works out well for me. I work weekends, my regular weekend is Tues/Wed.

So I'll be digging into this on my Saturday!

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The water looked like it had the consistency of jello.

It made it look like the Blob rolled up and ate the town.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I want to play this so badly, that words can't describe it :( I am watching people on twitch and youtube playing it, and I am sitting here thinking "NOOO why did you put that there?! That is a silly road!" because ALL of my ideas are totally better :P ... And I still keep watching :D

PACherrn on
  • Options
    I imagine some of the first mods will be adding lava as a flowing liquid.

• Options
    This looks pretty rad

Watching day9 play this was pretty painful

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

That's actually pretty impressive.

well minus the total lack of destruction anyways

most buildings don't get run over by a 80ft wall of water and just get wet :P

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    So, this game was completely off my radar, after the debacle of SC2013 I thought i was done with city building games.

After reading this thread, looking at some of the videos, and seeing how much the devs are working to fix it before the game is even out....I think I must own this game.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    The problem I've run into is watching other play and yelling at the screen to not build that there, or you're missing this thing you just unlocked and need to deal with instead of talking about roads.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    STOP BUILDING BENDY ROADS, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT INTERCHANGE DESIGN, STOP KILLING ME!

• Options
    day9 built an elementary school next to a dump next to a bunch of residential zoning >.<

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ah, when you want clean straight efficiency, you can always depend on the germans

Just beautiful, straight lines and nice, neat efficiency. Its like a soothing balm for my brain.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    My city will be all kinds of Houston

pwA8ub1.gif

hRlCV2z.jpg
    Ah yeah girl, check out them hot curves. Mmmm.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    So it is a 9 man team that made this? Holy.... shit....
    It's Paradox, though. They make some of the most engrossing strategy games with relatively small teams. It's kind of their thing.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Gah I need a computer. All the games I want to play wont run correctly. After the burn that was SC13 I really really want this game.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    day9 built an elementary school next to a dump next to a bunch of residential zoning >.<

Must be from Texas

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    this dumb game needs to be out so i can play it now

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Nuuvem's the cheapest place to snag a copy eh