Options

[The Elder Scrolls] in which we discuss modding and murder Thalmor on sight

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Looking at standing idles for male characters, Pretty Female Idles Style 13 is kind of neat.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I downloaded a new standing posture in new Vegas

I clicked on it thinking, Christ what a ridiculous mod

And after looking it over I was just

Ugh this vanilla animation CANNOT STAND

I think I understand long mod lists a lot more now

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    When I had to fight something very important in Oblivion, I thought I was supposed to climb on its back, run to the front, and jump down, grabbing the mcguffin.

Turns out that was not the mcguffin, the mcguffin was safe in a tower, I was jumping off of the back of something to my death for no good reason.

I also hope something as big as that important thing is hidden in the rest of skyrim.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Because of how easy it is to rescale things, there are many mods that are just "giant X, now ten times larger!"

I think I've seen some sort of kaiju-mod for the Sea of Ghosts.

Speaking of which, NPCs defaulting to regular size in certain animations, or not defaulting but instead sinking into things and hovering above things because they are the wrong size, which is more irksome?

PLA on
  • Options
    Praetorian MagePraetorian Mage Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    When I had to fight something very important in Oblivion, I thought I was supposed to climb on its back, run to the front, and jump down, grabbing the mcguffin.

Turns out that was not the mcguffin, the mcguffin was safe in a tower, I was jumping off of the back of something to my death for no good reason.

I also hope something as big as that important thing is hidden in the rest of skyrim.

Unfortunately, Skyrim has nothing like that, unless you count dragons.

PLA wrote: »
    Because of how easy it is to rescale things, there are many mods that are just "giant X, now ten times larger!"

I think I've seen some sort of kaiju-mod for the Sea of Ghosts.

The problem with that is that hitboxes don't scale accordingly, so you end up with giant enemies that only take damage if you hit them in the shins.

Praetorian Mage on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    One of my favorite minimods for oblivion was the one that scales up orcs and Nords by like 10%. Subtle but noticable.

• Options
    One of my favorite minimods for oblivion was the one that scales up orcs and Nords by like 10%. Subtle but noticable.

That was one of my more pleasing downloads in Skyrim, looking down on little fellows was nice.

• Options
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    That looks to be a good job of it...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I would also accept the second's theme.

• Options
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

That was one of my more pleasing downloads in Skyrim, looking down on little fellows was nice.

That was one of the main things I loved about Morrowind. It helps to really feel like your character. I loved that my little wood elf constantly had to look up at people. It's easier to steal from haughty high elves when they're constantly looking down their noses at you (literally!).

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    There's a bunch of interesting things hidden in Skyrim. At some point in development, Balgruuf's children would be controlled by the Ebony Blade and stab various pets and familymembers.

In the finished product, Mephala still mentions that the completed Ebony Blade won't make targets hostile, and the game actually contains a working Ebony Blade with that effect, but it's never called by a functional quest-stage.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

That was one of the main things I loved about Morrowind. It helps to really feel like your character. I loved that my little wood elf constantly had to look up at people. It's easier to steal from haughty high elves when they're constantly looking down their noses at you (literally!).

Yeah, making everyone the same height really took away from the identity of some of the races, especially the Dwemer.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    But the Dwemer were taken away long before heights were standardized.

• Options
    But the Dwemer were taken away long before heights were standardized.

You still run into some of their ghosts sometimes though.

• Options
    Bit of a lack of boats and ships in parts of Skyrim.

• Options
    Finally killed a celestial Dragon, turns out ether form is the key, with numerous health potions.

Zora fair child's quest is done and was so sweet. Also reminded me of an oblivion quest I enjoyed.

• Options
    The stretch between Solitude and Dawnstar looks like it should have stuff, but I guess people stopped trying after all of the ships in Skyrim sank there.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    The stretch between Solitude and Dawnstar looks like it should have stuff, but I guess people stopped trying after all of the ships in Skyrim sank there.

A certain quest chain adds more, but yes, that stretch seems like it would be teeming with activity.

Rather disappointed we don't see moving boats along that path.

Your avatar looks delicious.

• Options
    It prevents scurvy. :3

I don't even like doing that quest. The cook has no quarrel with me.
    Better Docks has like a dozen compatibility-patches, and the descriptions aren't easily deciphered.
    Seems nice, though.
    There are lots of mods that add to various docks. And a couple that add to other places. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43161/
    Or add new towns. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56084/
    But most of them stay within a few metre of a city. The Sea of Ghosts tends to stay vacant.

• Options
    Appearently I cannot decorate my house with all my followers inside as they all try to murder one another for what I drop

• Options
    This looks nice, but I wish it covered Windhelm. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27845/

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Building a bashed patch, better get started on laundry.

edit: I find two mods that are really interesting after I start teh process and the process is hanging on SkyUI, lovely

edit 2:

I thought I had cloaks of skyrim installed, but it turns out I installed Winter is Coming. No big deal now, but funny, and confusing.

edit 3:

Group fights are fun against dragons.

Accidentally attacking a follower and having them leave your service is not.

"Attacking" them with a healing spell is less fun.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    While everyone else is playing Fallout, I am playing Skyrim for the first time. "A Night to Remember" was an absolutely hilarious quest especially since I started it after I married Ysolda.

Something so tragic, it was funny happened yesterday. I was a bit East of Riften when this woman ran up to me. She said something like, "I escaped capture from these horrible men. Here let me show you on your map." I look at the map and it was on the other side of the world. I told her I would take care of the men and offered to walk her back to town. She refused needing help. I guess if she ran across all of Skyrim, she knows how to take care of herself. After the conversation ends, she ran North and was immediately attacked by 2 bears. I killed the bears, but not before she died. I stole her money of course and then looked East to see 2 vampires up on a hill. I arrowed both of them to death, but not before one cast a spell to bring the dead girl back to life. So this poor girl is tortured by horrible men, escapes, and flees across Skryim only to be eaten by bears and resurrected so she could die again. I then searched her ash pile for more money. :biggrin:

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Such is life in Skyrim.

• Options
    http skyrimgtx.wix com
    Nsfw
    A nsfw site but that person is tweaking other mods and translating a few to English. Enb preset and a few mods with accessories removed.

• Options
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    While everyone else is playing Fallout, I am playing Skyrim for the first time. "A Night to Remember" was an absolutely hilarious quest especially since I started it after I married Ysolda.

Something so tragic, it was funny happened yesterday. I was a bit East of Riften when this woman ran up to me. She said something like, "I escaped capture from these horrible men. Here let me show you on your map." I look at the map and it was on the other side of the world. I told her I would take care of the men and offered to walk her back to town. She refused needing help. I guess if she ran across all of Skyrim, she knows how to take care of herself. After the conversation ends, she ran North and was immediately attacked by 2 bears. I killed the bears, but not before she died. I stole her money of course and then looked East to see 2 vampires up on a hill. I arrowed both of them to death, but not before one cast a spell to bring the dead girl back to life. So this poor girl is tortured by horrible men, escapes, and flees across Skryim only to be eaten by bears and resurrected so she could die again. I then searched her ash pile for more money. :biggrin:

And you never bothered to clear out that bandit camp she told you about, did you?

• Options
    While I appreciate all this ripped witcher 3 content, I'd rather just play witcher 3 than import it into skyrim.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I like that the hd texture is just the original with lots of inappropriate tiling

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    but the tiles are HD, man!

• Options
    I just found a dead bandit chief near the pinewatch mines in Helgan reborn. He had a helmet with a dent over the left ear and it was named "Bandit Chief's helmet." I'm torn as to whether its a neat souvenir or a quest item.

Also, werewolf boobs are shocking to see in the middle of a fight, but not if you have multiple high level and heavily armored traveling companions swarming said werewolf.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I just found a dead bandit chief near the pinewatch mines in Helgan reborn. He had a helmet with a dent over the left ear and it was named "Bandit Chief's helmet." I'm torn as to whether its a neat souvenir or a quest item.

Also, werewolf boobs are shocking to see in the middle of a fight, but not if you have multiple high level and heavily armored traveling companions swarming said werewolf.

There is a female werewolf model? I always thought it was just one unisex one.

• Options
    There were no nipples, just lumps. But reading your words, I'm not sure where I actually got it from.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    my lumps
    my lumps
    my hairy lady lumps

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »

There is a female werewolf model? I always thought it was just one unisex one.

There are multiple mods.

Some are anatomically correct.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Just imported my mod list from MO into CSV into excel and I'm at 44, not counting the stupid HD texture garbage Bethesda put out.

This discussion has been closed.