Options

Warriors, come out to [chat]

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    One thing I haven't had a lick of trouble with in Inquisition is targeting so that's a confusing post to me

I mean you just click on the dude you want to kill

override367 on
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgz6v4R6AqY

Marathoned all of the Harry Potter movies in one sitting.

When I coulda just watched this instead.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    That moment when you flank the "three aliens" in a room through the side door

rRCIwp7l.jpg

good thing belascobot is nigh invincible

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    AvmcwMD.png?1

i was bored so i doodled my anime protagonist hair

Sugoi, kawaii-desuu~~~

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Eh, that's probably too heavy for the chat at the moment. Sorry guys. :(

@athenor from a certain perspective it comes down to firm ideation - once you have a solid conceptualized plan and shit, that's when you need to really start taking it seriously as a manifestation of mental issues rather than idle daydreaming

In general suicidal thoughts should be discussed at least indirectly before it gets to that point, or at least understood as a thing that happens

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Guys, this is going to sound weird as fuck...

When do thoughts about suicide cross the line from being idle thoughts to bad?

I need to make it clear that I have 0 desire to kill myself, and even less intention to.

But the last few weekends (edit: For like 2-3 minutes at a time, sparsely), I've been finding myself sitting here (or laying down), and just thinking through impacts, fallouts, so on.. like who will pay my debts, what will happen at work, how will my family take it...

It's not the same as before I went on my meds, where I was obsessive over it and scared of my own death, or scared that I won't leave a legacy or find love or anything. But it's more... what do I do with myself, and as an extension what impacts will I have? I'm finding myself slipping into these thoughts pretty easily in the last month or so, and I'm going to bring them up with my counselor next session..

But I just wonder.. when should I start worrying? I actually have this desire to hang out with my friends, but I have no desire to decide what to do,or organize shit for them, or anything like that. So I think this is just idle boredom thinking, but I don't like that it is creeping up more.

i suffered through major depression for a very long time (years) and had suicidal thoughts countless times but never acted on them. i have managed to claw my way out of that deep dark pit through sheer force of will and eventually some medicine that helped a bit too. now i'm the happiest i've ever been in my life and other than the group of people i work with virtually nothing has changed in my life over these years and my depression predated my employment history so i can't chalk it up to my life somehow getting better overnight and snapping out of it. it was a long arduous process and i had to fight for my life. fight myself, my demons etc, to keep getting out of bed, keep hoping tomorrow would be better, and every day little by little it got better.

but here is my personal thought on the matter. as soon as you have a suicidal thought about it you should be concerned. they simply dont come to me anymore unless i'm having a really hard time. those are the times i need to talk to someone. even if it's a passing thought, nothing i would act on, even if i think i'll feel better tomorrow, i should still talk to someone - talking to lud works for me but a counselor is probably better for most people. he is very good at helping me re-frame situations and keep hope.

the first thought is a sign you're dipping under the waterline. you don't want to wait until you're circling the drain to get help. you wouldnt wait to call a life guard to help someone until they stopped coming back up to gasp for air would you?

its great that you still have the desire to hang out with friends and motivation to do things but here's the thing - what if tomorrow you don't? this is something you have to fight every day. even on good days you have to fight it. because on a good day something shitty might happen that puts you in a slightly worse mood and you're a little lower. and then the next day something worse happens and you're even lower than before, and it repeats itself until you find it ever so much more difficult to pull yourself out. your good, even just your "meh" days, are just as important to focus on during recovery from depression. they're the days you can make the most progress. find the most things to involve yourself in, get motivated about, make friends, connections, make progress. etc etc

keep fighting and talk to someone. dont wait until you're underwater.

@Athenor @Julius

ChelleYeah on
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    One thing I haven't had a lick of trouble with in Inquisition is targeting so that's a confusing post to me

I mean you just click on the dude you want to kill

If you do the overhead targeting thing, yeah.

If you want to hit THIS GUY rather than THAT GUY then it's kind of a crap shoot in the real time mode, you can't easily jump from one target to another.

Unless you're playing with a mouse and not on the most Excellent Box, the First

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Guys, this is going to sound weird as fuck...

When do thoughts about suicide cross the line from being idle thoughts to bad?

I need to make it clear that I have 0 desire to kill myself, and even less intention to.

But the last few weekends (edit: For like 2-3 minutes at a time, sparsely), I've been finding myself sitting here (or laying down), and just thinking through impacts, fallouts, so on.. like who will pay my debts, what will happen at work, how will my family take it...

It's not the same as before I went on my meds, where I was obsessive over it and scared of my own death, or scared that I won't leave a legacy or find love or anything. But it's more... what do I do with myself, and as an extension what impacts will I have? I'm finding myself slipping into these thoughts pretty easily in the last month or so, and I'm going to bring them up with my counselor next session..

But I just wonder.. when should I start worrying? I actually have this desire to hang out with my friends, but I have no desire to decide what to do,or organize shit for them, or anything like that. So I think this is just idle boredom thinking, but I don't like that it is creeping up more.

If anyone has an answer I would like to know it too.

Bad, in the sense you should do something about them, is if they start to negatively impact your life. If they become a source of worry or temptation or interfere with other thing.

I'd guess.

Which is the standard psych answer to basically everything.

Shrug. I've had suicidal thoughts since I was about 9. On and off. It's just sort of a thing that's there.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

That would have been a far better use of your time. Those movies are garbage. GIGO

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    AvmcwMD.png?1

i was bored so i doodled my anime protagonist hair

I like this alot!

• Options
    Hmm, my vidja game backlog is mostly old stuff right now:

Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 7
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Mirror's Edge
    Mass Effect 3
    Uncharted 3
    Borderlands 2
    Far Cry 3
    Dragonfall

A lot of 3's in there. All of them are games I feel like I should've beaten or played by now. Childhood me would be disappoint.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    shadow of the colossus played as if it were mirror's edge with an oculus rift

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Eddy the idea you might where that get up in the open unironically makes the world a slightly more magical interesting place.

God bless.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    bra money is still money

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    @Wash I vote Mirror's Edge goes first, it's a short title and one of my top 10 favs. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    naoto tho

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    naoto tho
    naoto is terrible

naoto is the aigis of persona 4

• Options
    Shadow of the Colossus is a pretty great game which I am determined to beat this time around

got 9 Colossus down and the rest will be knocked out this week, but maaaaaaaaan I don't know how this is supposed to end

but I bet it ain't gonna end well for our silent hero

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    also for the record, rise is the best, but chie is an acceptable choice

• Options
    its true my taste in waifus is suspect i should defer to the master

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Elendil wrote: »
    naoto tho
    naoto is terrible

YOU ARE A MONSTER

But as long as we agree its not Rise or Yukiko

EDIT:

Rise, REALLY?! you are a sucker.

You are going to get NTR'd to hell and back

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    the stubble guard on my electric razor is weird

it doesn't really seem to do much and is a pain to stick on

• Options
    Wash I vote Mirror's Edge goes first, it's a short title and one of my top 10 favs. <3

Presently I have been alternating between that, Shadow of the Colossus, and Dragonfall. Pretty sure I'm on the last chapter of the game. I really, really like it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »

That would have been a far better use of your time. Those movies are garbage. GIGO

Oh I wouldn't say they're all garbo, it's just that for some reason I think the sound balance was way goddamn off in the last three or four films. Really soured the experience considering I had to keep it down low enough for the effect sounds not to wake my passed out mates, which resulted in the actual voicework ending up little more than a whisper that was drowned out by everyone's snoring.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Nonsense-7-Girl-Forever

ddaaaayyyyyyuuuuummmmm

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    naoto tho
    naoto is terrible

1) Chie is bess, but Naoto is supa awesome
    2) OMG i remembered the last scene of the Aigis S-Link thing, so creepy.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The worst thing about being a science undergrad is lab reports.

The worst thing about undergrad lab reports is trying to find fucking references for these kindergarten-level experiments.

"HURR I want everyone to find at least 5 relevant journal articles published in the last 5 years to use as sources."

Well I'm terribly sorry professor but it turns out that there are no scientists doing published research on things that science knew 30 years ago.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I'm including a reference to an article from 1976 just to make my point. I don't care if he marks me down. I don't need A's to graduate.

• Options
    If I am going to start playing Persona, where should I start? And how?

I also thought Koudelka was related to Persona somehow, but that seems like nonse.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

Because I have no friends in real life.

• Options

I also thought Koudelka was related to Persona somehow, but that seems like nonse.

Koudelka is the precursor to the Shadow Hearts franchise.

• Options

step 1. choose best girl

• Options

persona 4 is the best

it is playable on ps2, ps3 and vita

koudelka is related to the shadow hearts series

• Options
    For Persona you can start anywhere really.

Ideally you play Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on a Vita or Playstation TV.

But the base versions are still great too.

• Options
    CliffCliff Registered User regular
    My Father is awesome and he worked very hard so he could provide for me and my two sisters. My sisters still complained about him and acted like he was a bad father sometimes. My younger sister still treats him like shit sometimes, even when he has helped her financially well past her transition to adulthood. I have interacted with the fathers of female friends who swore they were the devil, and yet the father seemed perfectly fine. So now when I hear a woman complain about their father, I tend to take it with a rather large grain of salt.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

ChelleYeah wrote: »
    oh gawd i'll stop

its one of my buttons

my dad took my baseball cards away when i was 12! i didnt give a fuck about baseball but i wanted to collect them because they were worth some money and we didnt have much money and he did a thorough job convincing my impressionable young mind that their value was going to go through the roof. i was building a fortune!

then he decided that as a girl i shouldn't be collecting baseball cards.

COME THE FUCK ON

In his defense baseball cards are a dumb investment because baseball is dumb

Clearly you should have been collecting marvel trading cards instead

• Options

Koudelka is the precursor to the Shadow Hearts franchise.

ooooooh yeah. That makes sense.

• Options
    Jesus anyone in the market for an Xbone?

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    you can find a detailed breakdown of the procedure here

http://www.yesonvc.net/disease/feminization_surgery.asp

it seems like they hit almost all the main sources of difference, its prety itnerestin

According to this URL they consider sounding like a man a disease. That is also pretty interesting

Sorry J, say that again? I missed your meaning.

I figure I could take a bear.
This discussion has been closed.