Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Saying something just sucks is actually a shortened form of "sucks eggs". The addition of dicks makes it homophobic. Or misogynistic.

The inexcusable thing is you can easily make it both more biting and not homophobic with the addition of a single word. Watch:

Azingy sucks donkey dick.

broken image link
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I got excited but then I remembered I'm closing in on 30,000 ip

I think I have like 3K right now...

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Thats offensive to furries.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    It's just offensive word choice. If people want to trash talk, there are plenty of other ways to do it without using sucks dick or fag or other phrases that are homophobically tinged.

That's all.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Few things more frustrating than playing support and dominating the vision game by yourself, but your team refusing to buy additional wards and insisting on fighting in gaps in your vision... especially against an enemy Heimer.....

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

furries are animals

• Options
    I would totally be up for some games if anyone is looking for the group IP bonus.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I'll play mid ezreal

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

furries are animals

And Roz. Nothing wrong with extremely hairy men.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    LOG ON

ASSEMBLE

MY USERNAME IS NOT SURPRISINGLY JARS

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    In the eternal words of Allan Carr, "never meet your heroes". The big problem sports faces is that we want to watch the players on the field perform incredible feats of mastery and athleticism, things that require years of training and practice, things that separate and elevate them above us, while at the same time, we want them to be humble and connected to us. We want to know them. And that desire encourages them to interact with us via social media - where it's never been easier to express yourself to a wide audience with no buffer. There's no prescreened questions, no agents lurking over their shoulder guiding responses. What we get is raw and unfiltered. And sometimes what we get is pretty terrible.

Which is unfortunate, but the reality is that we've never had more access to our athletic icons, and the gaming community, especially, is far more tapped into these technologies than the average physical sport. They stream for hours on end almost every day, building their brand by catering to a community that is known for its immaturity. And they are as much a product of that community as they are shapers of it; their words and actions are largely a reflection of it's values.

Change will be hard.

Streamers income and very livelihood comes from their interaction with the community. If the community doesn't change, it is unlikely the players will either. Even riot threatening fines and accountability will probably have only a minor impact, as many of these individuals make far more streaming than the base LCS salary. And streaming will always be there, a source of long term revenue for an individual, long past their ability to play the sport competitively.

My real hope is that as society matures and grows so will this community, but if real life sports are anything to go on, I'm not sure how quixotic that belief is. This is a really hard problem, and I know something Riot is working on, but they can't do it alone. It will take Riot, Twitch, the community and players to build a better environment for everybody.

I really look forward to the day when I'll be able to watch streams of professional players with my son. Right now, I wouldn't dream of it.

• Options
    ok we have 5, off to get that 16x ip boost

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'll play mid ezreal

Ill play support Zyra

E: I should learn to read all the posts.

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    oh it's +16 ip, not 16x ip

calm your jets everyone

• Options
    Severely less awesome.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hoo boy, I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing. In a game, support Leona, my Rengar and Ahri roam bot and with them and my Twitch ADC we kill off the enemy bot lane duo. I look and Dragon is still down, so I say "let's push bot and pick up these towers".

Nope! Rengar pings top lane and starts running there, from bot lane, to participate in an in-progress 2v1 that's long over by the time he arrives. Ahri follows him and Twitch Bs to buy a pickaxe, and I'm standing there with a wave and a half approaching the enemy first tower holding my head in my hands.

More of this for about 20 minutes followed by a resounding eventual loss. Never did get that bottom tower.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    1) I don't know how Katarina does such insane damage with her terribad ratios (60% assuming she procs her Q mark, 25%, 40%) outside of her ult, but she does. (I mean, I played her and was wow damage but still couldn't figure out how.)

2) I don't know what you're meant to do with Eve these days. I just went Triforce, BotRK, Tank and it seemed to work out.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

calm your jets everyone

The post clearly says multiplying. Maybe it's bugged?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Well, I'd like to get down on that with some people. Suppose I'd have to throw together some runepages for supports (and roles!) other than Leona.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    1) I don't know how Katarina does such insane damage with her terribad ratios (60% assuming she procs her Q mark, 25%, 40%) outside of her ult, but she does. (I mean, I played her and was wow damage but still couldn't figure out how.)

2) I don't know what you're meant to do with Eve these days. I just went Triforce, BotRK, Tank and it seemed to work out.

buff her

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

calm your jets everyone

The post clearly says multiplying. Maybe it's bugged?

It says up to.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Varethius wrote: »
    Ok, lets get more on topic. Can someone give me hints on how to be a better support? I'm enjoying Janna in solo queue, I love Taric when I'm duo queuing with a friend and I try to steer clear of Leona at the moment as I usually zenith blade to my death.

Any suggestions for other supports I could try and pick up?

Sona's one of the cheapest supports available and is pretty good as a jack of all trades, master of none--good for blind pick normals or when you're not quite sure what your team needs. Otherwise the support you play is going to depend on what you think your lane/team needs--for example:

engage: Leona
    disengage/protect: Janna, Lulu, Alistar
    Poke/sustain: Soraka, Nami (well, she's versatile, also good at engage/disengage depending), Sona
    Poke/mad damage: Zyra (also good zone control), Vel'koz (also lasers)

But yeah, if you're low on IP right now probably Sona is your best bet. She's very fun, does not require you to commit to all-ins in order to trade, and has insane lane presence. Tends to do more damage than the adc for a lot of the game, depending on how you play her. I didn't play her for months but now because I love the DJ Sona music I'm just stomping normals as her.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    hiw8D3x.jpg

In what world is this an even match

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Two things:
    I am now a new League player even though I apparently made an account some time ago? Had kept up with the media stuff, especially the music releases. Control more easily than I'd expected but there's a lot for me to learn to pay attention to.

And
    Would anyone very familiar with League's music be willing to assist me with something?

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    hiw8D3x.jpg

could be some smurfs on blue side. who knows.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    hiw8D3x.jpg

MMR = 0 because they haven't played ranked. The other team does not have a 1200 MMR vs 0 MMR. It has one guy who has played ranked with an MMR similar to the other 9 who have not.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    never look up your matches' mmr

it only leads to darkness

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not looking at the MMR, I'm looking at the player levels. Two level 30s against a bunch of 22 and lower? That's retarded. OP.GG wasn't up to date, but player levels were
    Team 1:
    • 22 (me)

Team 2:
    • 22 (queued with the two 30s, I asked)

Shocking outcome:
    W7E5uJH.jpg

That Graves player has 1145 wins in Normal mode alone. He shouldn't be anywhere near sub-30 players. My Quinn may as well have been level 6, but I don't care about bad teammates, it's that this adult who played (insert sport) through high school and college is coming into a gorram little league game. It sucks.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    a game happened

move on to the next

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm not looking at the MMR, I'm looking at the player levels. Two level 30s against a bunch of 22 and lower? That's retarded. OP.GG wasn't up to date, but player levels were
    Team 1:
    • 22 (me)

Team 2:
    • 22 (queued with the two 30s, I asked)

Shocking outcome:
    W7E5uJH.jpg

That Graves player has 1145 wins in Normal mode alone. He shouldn't be anywhere near sub-30 players. My Quinn may as well have been level 6, but I don't care about bad teammates, it's that this adult who played through high school and college is coming into a gorram little league game. It sucks.

Queueing with friends breaks matchmaking. News at 11.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Red Raevyn
    Soon you will be able to play ranked and the ranked matchmaking is generally extremely good. Normals matchmaking gets better post-30 as well/you tend not to care as much about it because Ranked is where the tryhard happens so the Normals don't feel as important. Just hold on until then.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    After a break though. If you are hung up over a game enough to look through player stats and post about it then you generally shouldn't dive into another game without taking a break first. Diving into another game after feeling bad about your last one is where losing streaks usually start.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Dive into another game. Let the hate flow through you. Become truly one with the MOBA.

• Options
    be free of salt, my son

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

But then why did you say "he should be fined for saying someone sucks isn't my point at all"?

Do you think it's a bad thing to say or not?

My point is it's been so far removed from any sort of homophobic meaning that I do not take it that way and therefore I do not see a problem with saying people suck.

That's where we disagree as far as I can tell.

He's not saying someone sucks. He's saying that someone should "suck a dick". Which is an inappropriate homophobically charged statement. If you disagree that it's a homophobic statement then I don't know what to say to you except to encourage you to think about how a homosexual might feel hearing that said by someone they could ostensibly admire.

This is likely becoming too much of a tangent so let me try to bring it back to a more general POV on LoL.

The sport is on the cusp of something potentially historic with how it's positioned right now. It has the potential to break through to a much more mainstream audience (which is crazy when you consider how popular it already is) and, as such, needs to learn to play by a new set of rules. The sport is also a great vehicle for positioning games as more than just a waste of time. Here we have TONS of people making significant livings off of a game (players, streamers, and casters alike).

You know how I want the players to behave? Like the casters. These are guys that know the game inside and out, comport themselves like adults, and still have a ton of fun doing their jobs.

We too often "normalize" this type of language and attitude and it drives me crazy. It's not acceptable at all. If we don't want games to seem juvenile we should make sure that the people representing the hobby don't behave that way.

Trash talk all you want. Own noobs. Laugh at them. Let's just drop the homophobia and rape comments that seem to be WAY too prevalent for people that appear to have a brain.

As a homosexual male who works and socializes mostly with other homosexual males, let me just stop you right there and say that among my crowd, far more of us would use that language than would be offended by it. Heck we're a people who use the word "bitch" as a compliment. Don't worry too much about our delicate sensibilities.

• Options
    I hover over the players at the end of every match to see what level they were and think about how I stacked up against them, and what they did better than me. I usually look at stats to see where I could have built better, whether I was slacking on wards that game, etc. I probably shouldn't peek before the game starts though.
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Queueing with friends breaks matchmaking. News at 11.

I see your point but (a) I was put into that game from solo queuing alone and (b) they just created a big fat incentive to queue with friends, which will exacerbate the problem. The reason it really frustrates me is that playing with friends is why I started playing LoL.

I guess my favorite part of league was that it didn't have "grind to level up and play the real game" bullhockey like MMOs and such - you played LoL from day 1. Then suddenly playing with my friends means facing stupidly advanced opponents, and the advice universally (not just y'all) is to either suffer through it or play League of Lanes with bots to level 30. Somewhat disappointing.

I appreciate the comments though, and bots with friends is fun even if it isn't the game I want to play. I can do that for a while then get to play LoL when I get to 30.

• Options
    you know what is something I never noticed?

yorick has never gotten a new skin. he has the exact same amount as when he was released

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »

But then why did you say "he should be fined for saying someone sucks isn't my point at all"?

Do you think it's a bad thing to say or not?

My point is it's been so far removed from any sort of homophobic meaning that I do not take it that way and therefore I do not see a problem with saying people suck.

That's where we disagree as far as I can tell.

He's not saying someone sucks. He's saying that someone should "suck a dick". Which is an inappropriate homophobically charged statement. If you disagree that it's a homophobic statement then I don't know what to say to you except to encourage you to think about how a homosexual might feel hearing that said by someone they could ostensibly admire.

This is likely becoming too much of a tangent so let me try to bring it back to a more general POV on LoL.

The sport is on the cusp of something potentially historic with how it's positioned right now. It has the potential to break through to a much more mainstream audience (which is crazy when you consider how popular it already is) and, as such, needs to learn to play by a new set of rules. The sport is also a great vehicle for positioning games as more than just a waste of time. Here we have TONS of people making significant livings off of a game (players, streamers, and casters alike).

You know how I want the players to behave? Like the casters. These are guys that know the game inside and out, comport themselves like adults, and still have a ton of fun doing their jobs.

We too often "normalize" this type of language and attitude and it drives me crazy. It's not acceptable at all. If we don't want games to seem juvenile we should make sure that the people representing the hobby don't behave that way.

Trash talk all you want. Own noobs. Laugh at them. Let's just drop the homophobia and rape comments that seem to be WAY too prevalent for people that appear to have a brain.

As a homosexual male who works and socializes mostly with other homosexual males, let me just stop you right there and say that among my crowd, far more of us would use that language than would be offended by it. Heck we're a people who use the word "bitch" as a compliment. Don't worry too much about our delicate sensibilities.

I said, "might feel". Not looking to offend - and honestly, an individual's feelings aren't really what I'm talking about. I'm referencing something a bit broader than that and happened to have used that as an example (which I'd still argue to be valid).

Honestly, I'm not calling for free speech police or anything here guys. I'm just pining for a world where people want to communicate in a sliiightly more civil way.

• Options
    yorick doesn't deserve skins

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.