As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Bard's voice is really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CBWDJlZb0

cass i tried to gift you skins but you have all the ones i wanted to give

*sad*

i dont own warden sivir? :-0

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

What a coincidence: you linked this right on the same day I'm going through my Zune's big band and lounge playlists. Thank you!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    in low gold, at least, ap ez mid is rad

start d blade, take q, then max w and e

poke your enemy off farm, do waaaay more dmg than people expect with your ult and trololo

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    PSA: If you're losing your lane, don't expect me to swoop in like jungler Batman and save you. I'm going to go push our advantage elsewhere, and I expect you to hold station and not give up anymore advantage in your lane. I'll gank when I can, but my time and money is better spent helping our way ahead top push, instead of trying to save you from your own ineptitude, Ms. 0/6/1 Jinx.

We won the game btw, because, lo and behold, top and I pushed so hard, so fast, the other team had to spend most of the game reacting to our waves pushing inhib top, and us hellcamping mid.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    PSA if your losing your lane, ward in a bubble around you (tri/river/lane/behind you), your jungler is then much more likely to gank them if they overextend.

The last thing your jungler wants to do is gank your lane, get counter ganked and then you lose the tower right after, or dragon, or both.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Yes, the more vision you give a jungler around you, the more safe they will feel trying some crazy shit to help you catch up in your lane. Help me, help you.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

poke your enemy off farm, do waaaay more dmg than people expect with your ult and trololo

Yes yes head the wisdom of the dump truck. Learn his ways, become a god.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I watched a little bit of Faker laning, and I am struck by how frugal and precise he is with ability use. As opposed to my profligate use of any button that has a cooldown up, mana be damned.

Well, I mean, Faker is arguably the best individual player in the world right now. It's good to watch and learn, but trying to jump up to that level is going to drive you crazy.

What he said. Watching Faker is fun, but just remember that chances are no matter how hard you tried you'd never be nearly at his level. Watching Faker and thinking "I can't do that" is the same as watching Lebron James and thinking "I can't do that."

He's the best of the best.

Oh, I wasn't meaning like OMG I'm gonna be like Faker. I was just observing the almost minimalist precision in his laning, compared to how a scattered and all over the place I am. I was just a little glad that I can see high level play in laning phase and understand what differentiates it from my own play.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

AP EZ > AD EZ up until competitive. AD EZ has timings that need a team to work around. While AP EZ will always eventually become insane

Specifically AD EZ needs to hit muramana and triforce at the same time or he needs to skip muramana altogether. And he has to abuse this timing or will basically do nothing without ungodly team coordination. He doesn't clear waves. He doesn't have high sustained dps. He has decent bust it you hit everything and have full mana and turn muramana toggle on. But if you don't he doesn't. And because you have two non-crit non pen non as items your final build dps will be low until you sell muramana (and most go for the utterly horrible Mura-> triforce->botrk. Which makes it even worse)

Edit: basically 90% of soloqueue ez's think they can be faker and go Mura TF BOtRK. When they should go TF->LW/BT/IE-> whatever you didn't get -> scimitar.

Edit: double life steal is so bad and sneaky is dumb for championing it.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    This was planned to be a login screen for the Dunkmaster Darius skin for League of Legends. Due to limited space in the release schedule we stopped production on it and the screen never quite made it to completion - but it was a ton of fun to work on!
    http://youtu.be/hAxB3rRAYNE

D-Darius-sempai...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    i'm basically faker

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I made it to 900 ap one game and my ult was doing 1500 damage. with the 650 base damage and huge ratio it might be the highest single hit skill in the game. the only two contenders I can think of is garen on someone with 1 hp left, which doesn't really count, and nidalee Q because nid is lolbroken

but I'm undone by my usual problem: I can't farm, I can't mid

Jars on
  • Options
    oh that's right full channel nunu ult is the strongest attack in the game

because everyone loves nunu

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    oh that's right full channel nunu ult is the strongest attack in the game

because everyone loves nunu

I thought Kalista's Rend doesn't have a max? I mean yeah it has a practical max since players can only take so many of her autos (and hence get so many stacks) before they just die from that but technically it should be the strongest.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Jars wrote: »
    I made it to 900 ap one game and my ult was doing 1500 damage. with the 650 base damage and huge ratio it might be the highest single hit skill in the game. the only two contenders I can think of is garen on someone with 1 hp left, which doesn't really count, and nidalee Q because nid is lolbroken

but I'm undone by my usual problem: I can't farm, I can't mid

Not counting Lichbane procing skills It is at most second behind Ashe's 600 + 1.0 ult. it's also probably behind caits 700+200% bonus AD ult

Edit: and nunu. Kalista's rend doesn't count because an enemy would have to be dead from autos in order to hit 1600 rend damage

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    i'm basically faker

"I am Tiger Woods", "no, I am Tiger Woods", "I am Tiger Woods!"

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    an 800 ap nunu ult would do 3150 damage

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    KNKL, the original artist for Ahri's splash, just put this out:
    ahri___league_of_legends_fan_splash_by_knockwurst-d8kc0p2.jpg

because he wasn't exactly a fan of the current new Ahri splash
    Ahri_Splash_0.jpg

the first Ahri splash for comparison
    lol___ahri_by_knockwurst-d4mlo2a.jpg

He made it so he can replace the ingame splash with this new one since he isn't happy about them changing it. :P

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I watched a little bit of Faker laning, and I am struck by how frugal and precise he is with ability use. As opposed to my profligate use of any button that has a cooldown up, mana be damned.

Well, I mean, Faker is arguably the best individual player in the world right now. It's good to watch and learn, but trying to jump up to that level is going to drive you crazy.

What he said. Watching Faker is fun, but just remember that chances are no matter how hard you tried you'd never be nearly at his level. Watching Faker and thinking "I can't do that" is the same as watching Lebron James and thinking "I can't do that."

He's the best of the best.

Oh, I wasn't meaning like OMG I'm gonna be like Faker. I was just observing the almost minimalist precision in his laning, compared to how a scattered and all over the place I am. I was just a little glad that I can see high level play in laning phase and understand what differentiates it from my own play.

Yeah, I just meant when you watch someone at that level, it's normal to just marvel at the things they can do. I'm a low gold player, and when I watch some of the plays guys like Faker do I like to think about how the situation would probably have gone if I were in their shoes with my mechanics and inability to make decisions in the heat of the moment the way they do. Usually my theoretical play would just be my death, hah.

• Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Her skirt wasn't short enough. We NEED to look up it! Makes me think of the newer video where Leona had stick figure arms, even though she's capable of running through a 3 foot thick log. Leona smash. You need to be beefy to smash, give her beef... Let her smash. Just... please... I can't suspend my disbelief if you don't actually put some muscles on her body.

Edit: grammar.

Squatfurd on
    League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This amused me greatly.
    qKEq7Yq.jpg

Draygo on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    This was planned to be a login screen for the Dunkmaster Darius skin for League of Legends. Due to limited space in the release schedule we stopped production on it and the screen never quite made it to completion - but it was a ton of fun to work on!
    http://youtu.be/hAxB3rRAYNE

D-Darius-sempai...
    I'm still hoping for a LeBraum (James) skin

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    This amused me greatly.
    qKEq7Yq.jpg

That post-game chat is the realest salt this side of the Dead Sea.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    u idiot

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    that irelia is massive

• Options
    yea. we were all pretty fed. While irelia was massive I did the most damage by a fair margin.

• Options
    Squatfurd wrote: »
    Her skirt wasn't short enough. We NEED to look up it! Makes me think of the newer video where Leona had stick figure arms, even though she's capable of running through a 3 foot thick log. Leona smash. You need to be beefy to smash, give her beef... Let her smash. Just... please... I can't suspend my disbelief if you don't actually put some muscles on her body.

I actually like it. The demon eyes and "take my hand" pose (plus the "oh by the way you're going to get slammed with this after i charm you" in the other hand) play well into her archetype. Plus it really accentuates the other demonic feature she has (the fingernails) which get lost in the other two splashes

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This amused me greatly.
    qKEq7Yq.jpg

He also built shitty. BotRK and AS boots AND Triforce and no LW, and no IE, and no BT

edit: You actually get more than 3 per creep more because you're going to have avarice for some portion of those bumping you up to 5 cs a creep (probably longer than you were stuck at 0 Cs/creep)

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yea. But he is the best ez in the universe. He also claimed he could beat me 1 on 1. Claimed that I was terrible at dodging his skillshots (note that he missed his ult on me, every time - not to mention over half his skillshots did not land on me).

It was really comical.

The real reason his creepscore was higher than mine is because we took 2 of his teams inhibs. and he got to defend the base for 2 minutes before we finally pushed in for the kill, I had only one lane I could farm briefly before we ended the game.

@Goumindong I actually skipped the avarice because I just flatout bought the shiv.

Draygo on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Squatfurd wrote: »

I actually like it. The demon eyes and "take my hand" pose (plus the "oh by the way you're going to get slammed with this after i charm you" in the other hand) play well into her archetype. Plus it really accentuates the other demonic feature she has (the fingernails) which get lost in the other two splashes

Yeah, I've got complaints about lots of the lol character designs, but she's not one.

She's not sexualized, she's creepy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    This amused me greatly.
    qKEq7Yq.jpg

Oh god, the salt.
    I can't stop laughing because I imagine you were playing against Zack Galifianakis (sp?).
    "What do you think I am, some kind of ruh-tard?"

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Man GE Tigers and Samsung Galaxy just looked like absolute shit that last game.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    What do you even build for ap Ezrael? I tried it once and got dumped on in Ascension, but wanted to try it again.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Morellonomicon, Lichbane, then either Void Staff/Zhonya's/Rabadon's depending on enemy team and gameplay iirc.

Also scaling CDR blues.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    5zgJrfc.png

Apparently this is the second highest jackpot tier, there is an even larger IP jackpot available.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Must. Stop. Drooling.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Morellonomicon, Lichbane, then either Void Staff/Zhonya's/Rabadon's depending on enemy team and gameplay iirc.

Also scaling CDR blues.

That's the build for Dominion / Ascension / Murderbridge. SR is that funny place with blue buff and blue elixer so there might be some differences.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    He has decent bust

I see, I see.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    What are the pros and cons of having AA turned on?

Right now I have it on and feel like I do okay.

If I'm trying not to continuously attack a certain minion, I just click around and move in order to time my last hits. It has tripped me up in scenarios where let's say I'm last hitting a shoved wave right outside a turret's radius. If the melee minions are outside with the casters inside the radius, sometimes I will kill a minion, then my character will automatically advance into the tower area to attack the next minion. Of course causing me to take unnecessary damage. I wonder if turning AA off will solve this unexpected attacking into dangerous areas.

Also sometimes I kill a champ, then when I'm trying to continue attacking another nearby champ, my character stops and attacks a random minion in between, etc.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
This discussion has been closed.