Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I am learning I absolutely need to ban blitz at upper silver/lower gold

Combination of blitz players knowing how to decently grab people, and people being absolutely terrible at not being grabbed by using minions to shield themselves.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Ban blitz at every elo. Fuck blitz. He will take the weakest link on your team and break your whole damn chain.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy a sweeper until you hit platinum and you were playing support. Having vision is far more important than denying the enemy vision until you're at a certain level of play.

That and a low ELO sweeper is not likely to find much anyway.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    At 1:34 of this video, it appears that Zed ults Ahri, causing her to go into Zhonya's. Then Jayce comes in to save her, and he appears to ult a second time. How is it possible to use 2 ults in succession like that?

http://youtu.be/nN1D1kVtPQ0

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Zed has the ability to jump between his shadows. His W makes shadows, as does his ult, so he can blink around quite a bit.

He Ws up to Ahri, then ults Jayce.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    the ult has a special sound effect, puts an x on the target, has multiple zed's dashing around the target for a split second, and puts a glowing red debuff on the target afterwards

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    do teemo mushrooms proc luden's echo

oh god

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Varega wrote: »
    So if I'm working on a jungler for when I don't get top, and I'm still in the teens in levels, is it worth it to buy Tier 2 runes that might make it easier/more efficient for me to Jungle with my IP? I have a Jungler rune page, but it's all Tier 1's. I'm wondering if the T2's are worth using for the boost, or should I just skip T2 and buy whatever T3 runes I can afford?

Skip t2, they are a complete waste of money.

Okay, will buy T3's if I end up purchasing.
    Play Rengar.

Jungle him, just got new skin, pretty excited.

Enemy Rek Sai buys poachers. Procedes to leave me 0 jungle creeps.

Team screams at me for building damage on Rengar.

Screams some more because we have 0 jungle vision, despite telling them that their mid and jungle had our side lit up like christmas.

Rough game to say the least. I had 50 cs at 25 minutes.

Question, is it the jungler's job for vision to place wards, or to sweep and remove them?

Also can you even have more than one ward out at a time?

@Hiryu02

I am sure you've heard this before but vision is everyone's responsibility. Each player can play 3 "green" and one "pink" ward at a time. Green wards are invisible to the enemy team and last for 3 minutes. Pink wards are visible to the enemy team, reveal enemy invisible units(including wards) and last until they are killed.

Ideally, each player on the team should have one pink placed on the map at all times. And they should be placing green wards as necessary. And, if possible, they should be sweeping for enemy wards to deny the enemy team vision. Its impossible to stress how important this is. I have won games in which i lost lane horribly at key positions simply because littering the map with wards allowed our team to pick fights that were advantageous, and to have advantages in fights which happens*.

However, before you hit, say, mid-ish Platinum(top 5% of ranked players) this will not even be close to happening. You will, generally, be lucky if any member on your team besides your support places any decent amount of wards. Similarly before those places the enemy team will also not be placing many wards.

What this means is that the sweeper trinket(unless you're a support and have sightstone) is less useful the worse your enemies are at warding and so, as a new player you should be upgrading to the 220 gold YELLOW(Green Ward) or 220 gold BLUE(long range vision) trinket at level 9 depending on your ability to get close to areas where you don't have vision and ward them. If you're super squishy you get the BLUE trinket since it has a long range. If you're tankier you get the yellow trinket, since the total vision gained is larger.

The other thing it means is that simply by buying(and using) the 220 gold yellow trinket or 220 gold blue trinket at level 9 you will have a significant advantage in winning games that will make up for a lot of inexperience and mechanical errors.

At this point in learning the game, go ahead and use them indiscriminately. More vision is always better and so you can rest assured that you will quickly realize how/when to efficiently use them while also not really losing anything. I.E. don't worry about using them efficiently right now, that is a lot of thinking when you're still worried about game basics. Just remember to use them and the rest will come naturally.

*An example of how important vision is by way of describing a fight that my team lost. We were fighting 5v5. Our team was in mid lane and heading towards Baron. The enemy team was at the banana bush/dot bush area so the fight happened across the long bush on the side of mid lane with each team on one side of it. We both had vision of each other, with wards in all of the relevant bushes. The enemy team had a Nocturne, whose ult removes ally vision (including wards). Because of this, when he used his ult, 60% of our team was unable to target members of the other team since they had no way of seeing through the bush without moving into it. While it was that ult that wrecked us, the same thing would have happened if we didn't have wards to see their team because they would have been able to engage on us without us being able to realize it/counter engage on them. Or another way to say it is this. It doesn't matter how fed an enemy is; they cannot 1v5 your entire team when your team gets the jump on them. Don't let the enemy team do that to your fed allies. Do make sure you can do that to their fed players.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Zed has the ability to jump between his shadows. His W makes shadows, as does his ult, so he can blink around quite a bit.

He Ws up to Ahri, then ults Jayce.

That's what it is. The X mark through me off. I thought the W was an R.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    God dammit I'm hearing it doesn't proc on mystic shot. Riot plz. Who the hell was this meant for if not AP Ezreal?

Right now in order to proc you have to land flux in lane, or use E or ult on minions. Landing W in lane though guarantees the proc hits the enemy champion.

To be fair, if it DID proc on Mystic Shot, that one shot would have an effective 1.05 AP ratio. Which is kinda ridiculous.

AP Ezreal deserves to be ridiculous

Anyways though I think Magic Shiv + Lichbane would be pretty hilarious even though it's likely not as strong of an overall build path as the current AP ezreal priorities.

e6sG6Z5.png

Yes, yes it does.
    (Cassiopeia hurts btw)

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Also when your in a support position or any really, dropping wards as you fight into bushes that you do not have vision of is critical. If you fight near an unwarded bush and have a ward, get in the habit of dropping a ward into it as you fight. This will prevent the enemy from using the brush to stop you from killing them. You're adc will thank you later.

Draygo on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    All this talk of AP Ezreal makes me miss Ascension.
    ePF5lZR.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    by the way if you aren't leveling W first on ap ez you are doing it wrong

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I thought it was Q max first on AP Ez, for mana reasons?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I thought it was Q max first on AP Ez, for mana reasons?

I like to put a point or two in it first because it's extraordinarily cheap harass/poke in lane, but usually max W

So a 1-9 order of something like QEQWWRWWW

• Options
    W goes over minions so it's much better to harass with. it's also an aoe for when fights break out or you go to other lanes

• Options
    W on SR, Q on all other maps.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    W goes over minions so it's much better to harass with. it's also an aoe for when fights break out or you go to other lanes

with no items rank 1/2 mystic shot will do more damage for half the mana

once you've grabbed like, the components of a morello's or whatever it is great, but level 1-4 you mostly just get OOM using W

• Options
    people aren't going to let you hit them with Q. with W it's all like "oh you think those minions will save you? too bad"

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Bard's voice is really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CBWDJlZb0

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Oof. Rumble v Irelia when their jungle babysits the Irelia the first two kills and then your team ignores your Rumble until at the end they wonder why you don't have any farm or items and Irelia is so fed sure is rough.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Oof. Rumble v Irelia when their jungle babysits the Irelia the first two kills and then your team ignores your Rumble until at the end they wonder why you don't have any farm or items and Irelia is so fed sure is rough.

Irelia is one of the hardest rumble matchups post 6. Her damage is crazy.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    people aren't going to let you hit them with Q. with W it's all like "oh you think those minions will save you? too bad"
    I usually max W too. Q is just a long-range auto that can be blocked by minions, and unless they're a melee mid, they're never going to let you hit them with Q.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CBWDJlZb0

Can't wait to hear the french version.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

FRENCH RAMMUS AAAAAAUGH.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »

FRENCH RAMMUS AAAAAAUGH.

D'ACCORD

• Options

FRENCH RAMMUS AAAAAAUGH.

D'ACCORD
    OUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I watched a little bit of Faker laning, and I am struck by how frugal and precise he is with ability use. As opposed to my profligate use of any button that has a cooldown up, mana be damned.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

FRENCH RAMMUS AAAAAAUGH.

D'ACCORD

OUI~~~~

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

FRENCH RAMMUS AAAAAAUGH.

D'ACCORD

OUI~~~~

weeeeeeh^^PUHP!

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CBWDJlZb0

cass i tried to gift you skins but you have all the ones i wanted to give

*sad*

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I watched a little bit of Faker laning, and I am struck by how frugal and precise he is with ability use. As opposed to my profligate use of any button that has a cooldown up, mana be damned.

Well, I mean, Faker is arguably the best individual player in the world right now. It's good to watch and learn, but trying to jump up to that level is going to drive you crazy.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Well, I mean, Faker is arguably the best individual player in the world right now. It's good to watch and learn, but trying to jump up to that level is going to drive you crazy.

What he said. Watching Faker is fun, but just remember that chances are no matter how hard you tried you'd never be nearly at his level. Watching Faker and thinking "I can't do that" is the same as watching Lebron James and thinking "I can't do that."

He's the best of the best.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    One of the things that will move you from good to great is knowing when NOT to use abilities and summoner spells. You'll see a lot of people go in and waste their QWER on a tank for 30% damage just because their abilities were up and suddenly.. they're in the middle of the enemy team with nothing to do. There's also a lot of flashes in that have no hope of securing a kill, or flashes out that have no hope of saving that person's life or even forcing a summoner out of the enemy.

Conservation of resources can be very valuable.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular

Because his voice makes ears bleed?

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Faker's not the best. That distinction goes to @SkippyDumpTruck, master of my heart.

• Options
    im up to snuff and i gots me an ace machine

• Options
    One of the habits you can build early on for projectile skillshots that take some time to reach their target - use it to try to apply a cost to your enemy for csing.

You see an enemy attempt to kill a minion and hit him for it. Autoattacks freeze players in place for at least the windup so it tends to be easier to predict where they will be when you shoot that skill.

This discussion has been closed.