Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What to do in Houston

vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
I am going to be in Houston for 2 days next week and an looking for activities that I can do that I can use public transportation to get to. I will be staying near the airport.

Also I am looking for a good local micro brewery I can visit as well as a place to get some ribs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

• DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Houston has 2 airports, Hobby which is southeast and IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) which is north. Cannot help you much on suggestions but given that it is a massive city you'll probably want to indicate which one you'll be at so someone else can chime in. Last time I went I thought the metro rail was pretty great, but I was downtown.

Djeet on
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Thanks you the heads up on that. I will be near IAH

• JeanJean Soon to be papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Houston Space Centre is a must see if you're even slightly into space travel. I imagine it would be a pain to get they're using public transit tough... but it would be worth the effort!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg