As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] Summer's got us down, so we Drop Ship'd [Thread Over]

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Oh. I see. Yeah, that is unintuitive.

So I guess I've at least fulfilled the mastery requirement for Heavy mechs and will soon unlock it for lights. Just Mediums and assaults to go. That should save me some grinding hassle for the more lackluster variants of some mechs.

Probably going to grab a third Stalker eventually (I have the Misery and the one with 2 AMS systems. I think I might buy the one with the large laser quirks).

That's the 4N. It's really nice with the large laser quirks now.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Best run on the Panther tonight...so close yet so far. Double LL build. 4 kills, 4 assists, solo'd a lightly damaged Timber Wolf.

After the TW died, it was down to a weaponless Stalker and a damaged Panther vs me and a badly damaged Stormcrow. Easy pickings. The problem? The Timber Wolf had legged me, and the sneaky-ass Stalker dropped an artillery strike on my head. Saw the smoke, couldn't do a damn thing about it.

3,660 XP. Would have been ridiculous on a win.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I've been working on eliting a 4N; probably try and finish it up this weekend

the twist on them is so limited though, it's really frustrating for me

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    hairystevehairysteve Registered User regular
    Anyone else think the raven champion is overpriced at 2000 MC even when it's on sale??
    All the other light mechs seem to be about 1000 MC.
    I guess that ECM and XL engine are expensive.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Whoo. Just finished unlocking all the basic perks for the Ravens. Now to grind out the elite perks on my 4x so that I can be done with it and eventually get extra module slots on my 3L and Hugginn. I've been liking my 4x's UAC5, but the 3L and Hugginn just feel so much better.

If you don't mind the expense/time, you can grind up some brawler firestarters and then when you elite one of those, it will unlock mastery for the RVN-3L and Huginn.

I never read it that way... First I learned that you can equip modules on non-mastered mechs and now this! Glad I learned how to read. >_<

The more you know...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Great times this morning, the wolf pack + panther group was amazing

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    worked pretty well

EwAlYCC.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Nothings quite as awesome as marching with your 3/3/3/3 team and peeking over the hill to see 6 Timberwolfs staring back at you. Least in CW I know its coming.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Man i love 2x XP weekends. You level shit so fast. Panthers basicd. One has speed tweak.

Wish i had the desire to grind out another mech. I could do Dire Wolfs... Hmmmm.... The rest of my day is taken up though, so i cant play till tomorrow.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Did this happen today? If you had a 3/3/3/3 team they should have at max 3 Timberwolves, or did they change the weightclass matching for the regular queue?

• Options
    The matchmaker does whatever it needs to make matches.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I basic'd my panthers and elited my remaining thunderbolts.

Now I'm debating if I want to try and beat xcom this weekend or work on eliting my Cent-A and enforcers.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    in the solo pubqueue matches should be pretty close to 3/3/3/3 most of the time, although if a preponderance of players waiting for a game are playing one weight class the MM will loosen the requirements (i.e. the queue is 60% heavies.)

In the group queue you sometimes see silly because of how unrestrictive the group reqs are; with four players you can drop heavy/heavy/heavy/light, so you wind up with games that have 6-8 heavies or assaults

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    in the solo pubqueue matches should be pretty close to 3/3/3/3 most of the time, although if a preponderance of players waiting for a game are playing one weight class the MM will loosen the requirements (i.e. the queue is 60% heavies.)

In the group queue you sometimes see silly because of how unrestrictive the group reqs are; with four players you can drop heavy/heavy/heavy/light, so you wind up with games that have 6-8 heavies or assaults

I once had five crabs on my team in the pugqueue.

Still managed to lose.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Matchmaker will break 3/3/3/3 to create a match, but it should give both teams equal distributions.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    That's what I'm saying, his 3/3/3/3 team should not have faced 6 timberwolves. They should have faced three timberwolves and 3 dire wolves because that is so much better!

• Options
    Naw, don't worry, they had 2 Dire Wolfs.

• Options
    MWO needs to introduce the Mackie.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    MWO needs to introduce the Mackie.

We finally got the UrbanMech, so why not? Just need the same insane public support for it as the new great joke mech.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Just you wait and see. The urbie will probably get a 200% fire rate quirk and 80% heat reduction quirk for AC20's.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Just you wait and see. The urbie will probably get a 200% fire rate quirk and 80% heat reduction quirk for AC20's.

Don't be silly, it'll only get a +100% Small Laser Range and -80% Small Laser cooldown

• Options
    edited March 2015
    So this was a new one on me.
    r9TpaXA.jpg

Dragon holed up inside the dropship wreckage on Frozen City. Didn't know you could wriggle your way that far back in there. It took us quite a while to dig him out but it was as hard for him to fire out as it was for us to fire in and he didn't really have any endgame plan since the rest of his team was dying all around him. Eventually I got the angle for a couple of AC/20 rounds and that was that.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I've gone in there a couple of times, its not hard.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    At the insistence of @General_Armchair I'm back in the saddle. I'm even having fun some of the time!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Something about weekends just brings out the worst people. I think some of these people are trying to play the game on guitar hero controllers or something.

So many games. MegaMek and I would take out three mechs only to look up and see that the rest of our team managed to lose two lances without inflicting a single kill.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Yeah, we had some rough games, but we also had a few good ones too. Relearning how to play with all the new clan stuff has be interesting, at least.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I pretty much have all my ravens maxed out though. So that's a plus. I'm torn between what I should save my cbills for next.

1: Save money to actually equip my Hugginns with a radar derp module.
    2: Purchase a third stalker (the 4N with the lasers)
    3: Purchase a Loki because ECM Heavy mech.

I did check out my Raven 3L's paint job on Mining Collective. (I am the Night)
    p6rqtl5ivtc5.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    There are a few different strategies. If you want to be competitive (or have the leg-up in the solo queue) then you should purchase all the modules for your favored mech(s). Alternatively you can start working on a few different chassis (preferably in different weight classes but with similar engines) to give yourself more options for the group queue. Some people sell mechs and engines as soon as they're done with them. Others like me horde that shit forever in case we might find use for it some day. Ultimately you'll be able to do everything if you keep playing, and a little lot of patience now will cost you less money in the future.

But to answer that question specifically? I'd go with the Stalker. Assault and Light queues are usually the quickest when I play.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    My #1 recommendation is to start preparing for CW in case PGI makes it not shitty, while keeping a wallet as full as you can for possible future changes to CW / the 4 man raids/garrisons.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    So after yesterday frustrated at all the Assaults out there, I went and piloted the trial DW. Matched up with another trial DW and watched him fall to the onslaught of laser fire. Myself, I did pretty good in it and took out 3 and got us the win with a few lights as backup. Was nice having the lights hover around me like protective ramoras while I took the fire from an entire lance.

This convinced me that I need to learn how to play Assaults given the queue from them was actually lower than light for once. Ended up buying a crab since everybody here has one. Stock off the line I took out 2 and got a win. Now I have to grind enough money to modify it to make it useful.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    meanwhile the last two games I've played solo pugqueue has
    1) lead to me dying and the team losing because the entire team (besides me) turned tail and halted a potentially game winning push because of a all flamer equipped locust appeared.
    2) Had us lose a conquest match 749 to 750 on points because the last two lights on my team decided to go try and brawl and assault rather than cap a point.

also, I am seeing an absolutely shocking number of all flamer equipped mechs this weekend.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So after yesterday frustrated at all the Assaults out there, I went and piloted the trial DW. Matched up with another trial DW and watched him fall to the onslaught of laser fire. Myself, I did pretty good in it and took out 3 and got us the win with a few lights as backup. Was nice having the lights hover around me like protective ramoras while I took the fire from an entire lance.

This convinced me that I need to learn how to play Assaults given the queue from them was actually lower than light for once. Ended up buying a crab since everybody here has one. Stock off the line I took out 2 and got a win. Now I have to grind enough money to modify it to make it useful.

That's basically what I do when I run a light. Find an assault and screen him from enemy lights. Its amazing how often this results in our team winning. Works even better with Oosiks. Glad to hear you joined the Crab Club too! Be sure to try out the 2x Gauss, 2x PPC setup for dem 50 point long range alphas.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I will not be responsible for my actions if we don't get a 12 man oosik group together sometime soon for CW Bucketing. @Nips @HydroSqueegee @Konphujun @ScorchedMetal @Betsuni

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The Summoner has a really nice cockpit view and is kind of fun to throw around a battlefield. But Lord, for actually, you know, fighting, it's... well, it's just rubbish.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

That's basically what I do when I run a light. Find an assault and screen him from enemy lights. Its amazing how often this results in our team winning. Works even better with Oosiks. Glad to hear you joined the Crab Club too! Be sure to try out the 2x Gauss, 2x PPC setup for dem 50 point long range alphas.

That was the only reason I bought the PB was to help shield the assaults from coverage and harassment. Sucked for those point weekends since that was my strength, but hey it gets me a win otherwise.

Will have to try out that build. Might be a while since I'm at almost 0 CB at the moment. Piloting the ED-209 sure is fun.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The Summoner has a really nice cockpit view and is kind of fun to throw around a battlefield. But Lord, for actually, you know, fighting, it's... well, it's just rubbish.

I will add to this that I swear it has some sort of hidden negative heat generation quirk. Any given weapon I put on it seems to create more heat than it does on other 'mechs, I have gone through half a dozen different loadouts and every one of them is constantly riding the ragged edge of an automatic shutdown... and this is a 'mech that doesn't have the hardpoints to ever carry more than four energy weapons total, and starts with 14 fixed double heat sinks.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I will add to this that I swear it has some sort of hidden negative heat generation quirk. Any given weapon I put on it seems to create more heat than it does on other 'mechs, I have gone through half a dozen different loadouts and every one of them is constantly riding the ragged edge of an automatic shutdown... and this is a 'mech that doesn't have the hardpoints to ever carry more than four energy weapons total, and starts with 14 fixed double heat sinks.

I was overheating regularly with just a single large pulse laser and an LB20X. Such things should not be happening.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I was overheating regularly with just a single large pulse laser and an LB20X. Such things should not be happening.

If I'm not the only one who's noticed it maybe there really is some kind of bug? Seems exceedingly odd though, never heard of anything else like it in almost three years now of playing what is, if we're honest, a pretty damn buggy game. Worth reporting?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

If I'm not the only one who's noticed it maybe there really is some kind of bug? Seems exceedingly odd though, never heard of anything else like it in almost three years now of playing what is, if we're honest, a pretty damn buggy game. Worth reporting?

Probably worth it. Even in spite of it being an incredibly lackluster weapon platform (even the 5xSRM6 build is still lacking), I still love the Summoner, and having it hobbled due to heat bugs just seems like kicking it while it's down.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Probably worth it. Even in spite of it being an incredibly lackluster weapon platform (even the 5xSRM6 build is still lacking), I still love the Summoner, and having it hobbled due to heat bugs just seems like kicking it while it's down.

Let's both report it (and anybody else here who may have noticed it, anyone? Bueller?). Multiple reports should increase the chance they'll actually bother to look into it.

Edit: Fuck what address are you supposed to send bug reports to these days?

Gaslight on