As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Participating in tournaments?

AlhanalemAlhanalem Registered User regular
Hi, I was just wondering how you participate in tournaments (those held in PC/Console/HH tourney areas). Do you sign up ahead of time? just show up before it starts? etc? Are there goodies? There's also a total lack of info about each of the individual tournaments, like what version of the game is being used, etc. Can anyone enlighten me on the PAX East tourney scene?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    A lot of popular tournaments like Smash Bros will fill up fast. Sign ups for tournaments are at 10AM the day of the tournament, so you're better to be safe than sorry and get it done asap.

• Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    yea, if you plan on signing up for a tournament, that's the first thing you want to do for the day. Don't get in the expo hall line. The only goodie is a medal for the winner of the tournament (they are pretty sweet). Of the ones I've been in, they aren't super serious, you have people who join on a whim. But you also do have more competitive players as well. Granted, I never played in the tournaments which get filled up in 5 minutes, those are probably more competitive. In my experience though, you should go in expecting the tournaments being run with fun as the priority as opposed to intense competition.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I always enjoy seeing the medals at PAX, its been a few years since I've played in any tournaments/won any, but I like to congratulate people who do get them.

• Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    yea, it's cool seeing people who have them. I'm definitely going to be showing off the one I earned. I can't quite say I won it. They ran out of time during the Saturday night showdown finals last year, so they gave all of us in the final 4 a medal. I know I would have lost, but that's ok, nobody needs to know.

• Options
    AlhanalemAlhanalem Registered User regular
    lol.
    Of particular interest to me (among others is the HH Tetris tournament. Is it going to be the Game Boy version? one of the later ones?

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Someone in another thread confirmed that the Tetris tournament will be on DS.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/32002958/#Comment_32002958