As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] - Zero Escape: Phalla's Last Reward - Day 9 - The End

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    mail Room

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
  • Options
    tumblr_lqcwarmhBs1qkhk6do1_500.png

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Day 7 - Mail Room

The remaining 8 of you enter the Mail Room. It looks exactly as you would've imagined it.

Players Left:
    Auralynx
    Egos
    Enlightenedbum
    Gizzy
    jdarksun
    Preda
    Sir Fabulous
    Zombie Hero

mailroom_zpsa7twtwol.jpg

The area is relatively clean and stuffed with mail. When you look around, you realize something. There are no side rooms here.

Today, you are all in MAIN. You may make 2 actions tonight. 2 clues, 1 weapon search + 1 clue search or 2 weapon searches.

The Steel Door has a monitor that simply states "Reading is good for you. Door opens in 22 hours, 9 minutes."

The day ends 8pm, Saturday.

Communication is not restricted today.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    oOOooOOOoooO

/looks at knife

I probably deserved this

OoooOoooOOooO

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Preda is an Illuminati Initiate!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy is lying. I'm pretty sure now her, ZH and Egos are the 3 remaining Initiate around.

Don't believe them, they already have an enormous advantage, and are exploiting it turning the kills they don't control aganist innocents by controlling the records vote!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Not meaning any accusation one way or the other, but that's pretty much the expected response.

We've made it this far without being sure if we got any of them, despite Jpants' room budgeting. Every one of the remaining plausi ble Illuminati combinations knows me well enough to know I'm half-assing it at best this game, so to leave me as a "nethead" by killing JPants was a good move as well.

My guess is Hedgethorn was Illuminati and we're looking at a 5 - 3 split of some sort at this point, for what it's worth.

• Options
    Even if we hadn't seered preda he gave himself away going to the security room.

• Options
    Also egos chose to vig dragon who turned out to be mafia.

• Options
    And when everyone else was voting for Capfalcon or Jfp, he did a throwaway on Sir Fab. Only two people outside of Kias, knew that Kias wasn't being watched by security- Auralynx and Preda. I wonder who it could be *tips finger on mouth*.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Also egos chose to vig dragon who turned out to be mafia.

But evidence can be tampered with, gizzy. As I'm sure will be pointed out...

Considering how he was behaving though....yeah

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @Auralynx are you going to assign actions for tonight? If not, could you delegate someone to?

• Options
    If people need a refresher one the deaths, which it sounds like some might
    Ardor wrote: »
    6) The mafia are pretty standard with 1 kill a night (for a 20 player game, can be adjusted accordingly).
    The Illuminati Initiates select one member to commit the kill each night. It doesn't matter where their target is that day.
    Order of Operations: Records Results -> Justice Results -> Hidden Kills -> Illuminati Initiates Kill.
    The Illuminati Initiates select one member to commit the kill each night. It doesn't matter where their target is that day.

End of Day 1
    Players Eliminated:
    discrider - Killed by the Justice Vote
    Hedgethorn - Throat was Slit.
    discrider was seered in records as innocent. so unless weapons work differently than I think and the mafia forgot their kill. Hedgethorn was killed by them.

End of Day 2
    Players Eliminated:
    Cythraul - Killed by Team Justice.
    Bedlam - Bludgeoned to death in the back of the head.

Same thing applies to Bedlam

End of Day 3

As the timer to when the door opened got closer, the mood had changed. Team Justice (Capfalcon, Egos, Enlightenedbum, Gizzy, jdarksun, Sir Fabulous, vertroue) had gathered up all of the pool cues and snapped them in half, creating some very pointy sticks. They surrounded MrBlarney and despite his pleading, made him into a pincushion.

Right after the lancing of MrBlarney someone turned the light off! You hear shouting and screaming, and finally, someone turned the lights back on. In the center of the room, Premium laid dead, bludgeoned in the back of the head.

Before anyone could comment, the lights went out again! It sounded like everyone shouted and headed towards the light switch. As the lights came back on, CesareB was found on the ground, in a growing pool of blood. He had been stabbed multiple times.
    Things are a little more confusing here.
    MrBlarney- Team Justice
    CesareB- I'd say is was very like THE mafia kill
    Premium- was likely weapon'd. dont believe anyone came publicly forward with this one.

End of Day 4
    Players Eliminated:
    DasUberEdward - Stabbed Multiple Times.
    Dragon6860 - Team Justice.
    MrTLicious - Stabbed Multiple Times.
    vertroue - Drew the shortest pipe.

MrT was the mafia kill
    DuE was weapon'd by Jpants by his admission
    vertroue was Vote Killed
    Dragon- Justice Killed

End of Day 5

JPants - Stabbed Multiple Times.

I wonder who killed jpants :P
    Jpants-killed by mafia

End of Day 6
    Capfalcon - Knife Holder #1
    JusticeforPluto - Team Justice's Knife Holder #2
    Kias - Stabbed Multiple Times
    Falcon-Vote'd off
    JfP- Team Justice
    Kias- killed by Mafia

• Options
    As a reminder, an hour to go until close!

• Options
    number of deaths may be indicative of number of mafia. if the mafia kill actually counts as an action and they can't do more than one(which is possible). something to consider.

• Options
    also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJky8YuTr4
    if im not dead this will be very lame-o

• Options
    Day 8 - The Last Room (Conference Rooms)

The Mail Room proved to be a chance to spend time gathering information or hopefully opening up packages for a weapon. There were no teams otherwise.

After everyone finished ripping open letters, packages and whatever else they could find to see if anything useful could be figured out, they noticed a large, slightly opened box in a corner. Curious what was inside, they looked in and found Egos Stabbed Multiple Times and stuffed in the box.

Now there were only 7 players left.
    Auralynx
    Enlightenedbum
    Gizzy
    jdarksun
    Preda
    Sir Fabulous
    Zombie Hero

Everyone wary of each other, they slowly walked to the door to leave this room. Their bracelets all had a 7 on them now.

They entered the Conference Rooms.

conference%20rooms_zpsa9lqy7rm.jpg

They entered in a room with a hallway, leading to several conference rooms on the sides. At the end of the hallway was another steel door.

The monitor on the steel door simply said "Refreshments available. Enjoy the full day of meetings!" There was also a timer set for 24 hours.

In here, each conference room was setup in such a way that one had a Records computer, one had several terminals for clue searching, another had a Security setup and one had a few tasers and billy clubs.

You may choose a side room to enter in Purple today. When you choose a side room, please send me a PM with your vote in case I am not around to create the PM conversation. When I am around, I will create the conversation and put the vote tally based upon the time votes came in.

You may choose Justice, Records, Security or Main.

Conversation is limited here by the room you choose to enter. Once you have entered a room, your conversation must be only to those in the room with you.

The Day ends at 8pm CST, Sunday. You may choose to end the day earlier if you wish. Everyone must send me a PM stating they are fine with the day ending early. If I have something from everyone (vote, search, etc) I can end the day early.

• Options
    justice

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Justice

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    OOooooOO
    aiOqGa.gif
    OooooOOO

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    justice

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I'm probably out until the morning. For those who choose a room, send me a PM with your vote and I can create the conversations tomorrow. You are welcome to create them if you wish as well.

• Options
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Can we talk in the main chat thread before entering a room?

Yes.

• Options
    I think I'll go Security tonight too...

• Options
    My plan is to go Records tonight. For those that haven't picked a room yet, let's talk about who to seer.

Auralynx - Innocent
    Enlightenedbum - I haven't spoken with this game. Egos was suspicious of him, believed he could have been using weapons to kill people. He did not report what he was Searching Main for back on... Day 2, I believe?... as reported by Zombie Hero (though I thought it was Game Mechanics).
    Gizzy - is still alive, as is Zombie Hero. when one of them is mafia, the other usually figures it out. is it possible that they're both mafia? seems like a long shot.
    jdarksun - me seering myself while alone in Records is useless
    Preda - Guilty
    Sir Fabulous - Both Dragon6860 and Preda went out of their way to vote for him, and that seems weird. Trying to muddy the vote record? He's currently my favored Records target.
    Zombie Hero - see Gizzy.

Please post thoughts instead of jumping into a room silently. We're almost at the end, and most of the discussion has been compartmentalized. If we all take a moment to share our thoughts, it's possible we'll catch something that was otherwise missed.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Make sure of ebum or Sir Fab, jdark. The most-plausible mafia scenario I can think up is that it's those two and Preda, at this point.

• Options
    As a reminder, day ends in 2 hours, 40 minutes!

• Options
    Justice/b]

• Options
    Day 9 - Escape

After the long day of meetings and tension, the Justice Team (Enlightenedbum, Gizzy and Zombie Hero) waited at the exit door with determination. As soon as Preda walked into the hallway, he was tazed and beaten several times for good measure.

Afterwards, everyone went to check in the rooms for the others. Once they thought they had everyone rounded up, they found Enlightenedbum with his throat slit.

Players eliminated:
    Enlightenedbum - Throat was slit.
    Preda - Tazed and Beaten repeatedly by Team Justice.

Room Tallies:

Justice: Preda: 3
    Records: Sir Fabulous: 1
    Security: Auralynx: 1

The remaining 5 players gathered at the Exit Door, scanned their bracelets and left. Their bracelets all had an 8 on them, so they headed to the Elevator, which let them scan their bracelets.

Inside the elevator, there were two buttons to press. Basement and Ground Level. Basement is the current location, so Ground Level it is!

Upon arriving at Ground Level, they exited the elevator. They were in a hallway, where they found Door 9: The Exit. There was a monitor next to the door and a keypad underneath. The keypad was waiting with ________ (8 digits). The monitor was blank.

You may:

Enter a code.

• Options
    Huh no mafia kill

• Options
    Is the keypad just numbers? Or are there letters?

Steam
  • Options
    0-9, A-Z (sorry for leaving that out).

• Options
    I killed ebum. Maybe with the mafia, or the mafia decided not to attack.

Steam
  • Options
    Enter all zeroes

Steam
  • Options
    Enter all zeroes

Confirming, the one time bypass code?

• Options
    Yes

Steam
  • Options
    Day 9 - The End

As Zombie Hero types in the bypass code, the Door #9 opens up. Everyone quickly glances at each other, then notices the door has a timer, counting down from 10 minutes. Assuming this means only 10 minutes to escape, everyone dashes through the door.

Auralynx, Gizzy, jdarksun, Sir Fabulous and Zombie Hero all make it through the door and watch is close. Everyone's bracelets have a 9 on them now. With a soft click, they power down and unlock from each player.

They were free!

Ahead of them was a corridor which lead outside!

Gizzy turned around for one last glance at the compound before she would make her escape. To her Horror, she saw Sir Fabulous with a hatchet in his head, and he slowly sank to the floor. jdarksun had no hesitation in retrieving the hatchet and charging Gizzy. Before Gizzy could scream and warn the others, jdarksun had cleaved her where she stood.

jdarksun grabbed his weapon and shouted further down the corridor to wait up for him!

As Auralynx and Zombie Hero got to the end of the corridor, they found themselves in a garage with two Jeeps that appeared to have food, water, gas and keys on them, ready for leaving!

As they turned around to wait for the others, jdarksun came running up and told them that the others were coming. As Zombie Hero turned around to get into the first keep, jdarksun quickly brought the hatchet down on him.

Quickly realizing the danger he was in, Auralynx made a dash for Jeep 2 in hopes to get it started. Just as he put his hand on the door, he stopped. jdarksun's hatchet was sticking out of his back and he was unable to move any further.

As jdarksun, the final Illuminati Initiate, made his way to one of the jeeps. He noticed that there was a phone in there, ringing. He picked it up. The man known as Infinity was on the other line, to congratulate him for passing his trial and to joining the Illuminati.

Smiling, jdarksun made his way out of the compound to join his new friends.

Players Eliminated:

Auralynx - Chopped to Pieces.
    Gizzy - Chopped to Pieces.
    Sir Fabulous - Chopped to Pieces.
    Zombie Hero - Chopped to Pieces.

The Illuminati Initiates have survived until the final day!

Illuminati Initiates: DasUberEdward, Dragon6860, jdarksun, Preda

First off, I want to thank everyone for playing. I wanted to try a lot of new concepts (at least new to me), so I want to thank folks for giving the game a shot and I hope you found some enjoyment with it. I wish I had more time for more puzzles and such, but I didn’t have as much time as I had hoped and I didn’t want too many distractions for the limited time many of the players probably had to participate.

I think my intent was, confusion for the first few days, then the villagers, if they worked together to a degree, could start using the information they know and start tracking the mafia in some way and/or narrow down suspects through the actions they took. I had 12 non-mafia kills in the game (votes and weapons). The weapons were one-time use and villagers had double the chances of finding them compared to mafia. Targets were not limited to the small rooms they were in.

The mafia had 1 kill a night which they had to use, and the ability to remove a clue on a dead players alignment in a room. This means they act first with clue removal and those looking for that clue, would find nothing and told that is odd. That was room specific.

The Arcade room had all small room abilities, provided people played the multiplayer games. 4 players found the records room that way. The Mail Room was the only room where I removed all small rooms and added in the extra clues.

I think after the first few days, I felt like maybe the mafia were too powerful. However, there were enough potential kills available such that only 3 players would live to escape, meaning the mafia would have to win early, or the last one would have to avoid attention as much as possible. In the end, the last mafia member did survive, but the last villager with a weapon kept swapping between him and another villager. So, in the end (only known to me), there was a reasonable chance for village victory!

Again, thanks for playing! I really appreciate you giving it a shot! I think I’ve had enough fun hosting for a while. I’ll let the others host some games.