As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everything [Battlefield] - Rumor: BF5 Set In (Alternate Reality?) World War I

BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito EnthusiastPSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
edited February 2016 in Games and Technology
battlefield-hardline-banner.jpg?w=770

Okay. It's only been 159 CHF, which coincidentally is just about 159$, but still, it's a lot of money to drop on a product sight unseen. I liked Hardline's first beta despite its thematic inconsistencies, mostly because Blood Money is a great take on CTF. I loved the most recent beta for its more straightforward and intimate gameplay, that's mostly free of all the lock-on warfare and indirect gadgets that have plagued the franchise since BF3. Like the Bad Company games before it, it's first and foremost a direct line of sight shoot you in the face kinda game, and that's what I prefer.

Some people are already playing the game via EA Access on Xbox One, and the rest of the world will (hopefully) follow suit. The other Battlefield thread has reached its page cap, so here we are again, starting a new Battlefield thread. If Hardline is still a mystery to you, watch the launch trailer below - that should clear things up nice and quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQ18YFIEu0

Please share all pertinent PA community deets, and I'll try and update the OP to facilitate team-ups on the various platforms. Can't wait to crack open a Pork Truck with some Breaching Charges and have me some beacon and beans! See you on the Battlefield.

PA Community Server *The Angry Dome*

2222.jpg

BranniganSepp on

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I have it preloaded. Ready for new battlefields

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Bloodmoney game type looks rad.

Watched some footage the battlefield friends guys shot.

They were playing with levelcap and other youtubers, so may be more from those guys

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Im playing it now on PS4 (got early access).

The campaign is really good so far.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Any discounts going for PC?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Any discounts going for PC?

Does the 20% code on GMG work for Hardline? I would check myself...but I kinda forgot my password and can't login to my account on my laptop :P

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    ERROR
    Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Hacking/Cheating 792 spm (Skree099)

I am pro haxxor apparently.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ERROR
    Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Hacking/Cheating 792 spm (Skree099)

LOL...that's just brilliant. Apparently that admin just discovered Battlefield Friends.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I imagine they'd shit their pants if Tibbly was playing. Since I've seen him go from 900-1300spm

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    ERROR

LOL...that's just brilliant. Apparently that admin just discovered Battlefield Friends.

What did Neebs do now? I recently got yelled at for my SPM. Something along the lines of my score proves I'm a cheater. I'm playing on PS4, so like that's even possible. Haven't seen a cheater in a Battlefield game on consoles ever.

I really enjoyed the attention though. Bearly could handle all the validation.

• Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    ERROR

What did Neebs do now? I recently got yelled at for my SPM. Something along the lines of my score proves I'm a cheater. I'm playing on PS4, so like that's even possible. Haven't seen a cheater in a Battlefield game on consoles ever.

I really enjoyed the attention though. Bearly could handle all the validation.

That link is just to the Administrator video. Seemed appropriate given TTODewback's experience.

• Options
    Ban based on spm? Haha, sore losers. I shot down an admin with a stinger and he threatened a ban if I used it again. This is why the dice official servers are so nice. No admin douchery

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Is there a PC clan?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Hotwire is so much fun.

Best thing they've added to the series easily.

PS4 btw if anyone wants to add me.

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    Just two more days wait here in Europe. So unfair!

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Hope this goes well, because I like Visceral and I hope they get the chance to make another Dead Space.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Only time for 2 rounds of blood money before work and it's fun. I'm on the 1 if anyone needs mp friends

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hope this goes well, because I like Visceral and I hope they get the chance to make another Dead Space.

Me too. This is probably a bad time for a game about gung-ho police action to be releasing... I hope it doesn't hurt sales. I'm afraid if this game doesn't meet expectations then EA will take Visceral out behind the shed and bury its body next to Maxis. D:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Games a blast especially after skipping 4. Feels fresh as hell to me due to that. Runs like butter too.

Did i nail the symbol? Should i change it?

Capture.jpg

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Game is fun.

Honestly I've always wanted maps that took place in America to be in BF4.

Absence of tanks and jets really feels good. In fact some of my most favorite maps in BF4 are the ones sans tanks and jets.

I'd say I enjoy Hardline as much as I currently enjoy BF4. Since it took a long ass time for BF4 to get where it is I'd chalk it up as a good thing for Hardline.

Also, if they don't add a Detroit (Assault on Precinct 13 style) winter map I'll flip tables like no one has flipped tables before.

edit- Oh and I think Blood Money is my favorite game mode so far.

edit 2- Although I'd say 32 people is probably the highest player amount you should go for. A lot of the maps are just not big enough for 64 people and it can become un-fun chaos.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Me too. This is probably a bad time for a game about gung-ho police action to be releasing...
    Anyone who has a problem are a bunch of silly geese that need to grow some thicker skin.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wow.... just... WOW

Aaaaanyway, the game doesn't look too bad in the reviews I've seen. Seems kind of Rainbow Six-ish, and kudos to Visceral for incentivizing arrests and non-lethal takedowns in the campaign. MP shooters aren't really my thing anymore, but I could see picking this up on sale at some point.

The coolest thing I think is, so far at least, no one's reporting any major BF4-like "this game is broken garbage" shenanigans

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah not touching that.

The game however is baller. Feels less tethered to reality than ever; allows the game to drop some of the bf somber sad music and be more upbeat. Its a cheesey police procedural on the SP side- unabashedly so. And thats an awesome tract to take. I feel like its more chaotic but not like off the charts levels.

Some of the maps have major problems. 64 is too many on most- 32 to 40 will be perfect. The one with the apartment complex in the center- the buildings are TOO destructible as they get leveled in about 60 seconds and you fight on a rubble pile vs a dynamically changing level. It devolves into metro with no height changes and worse grenade spam as nades are stronger. its a fucking rectangle with a start on either end. LAZY.

Some balance issues will come up. hotwire while awesome- once everyone has the nade launcher it will be a chore. The nade launcher is an anti vehicle weapon in this so.... we will see.

The m16 a3 shots lasers with attachments. You will die to that alot. maybe too good?

The l85a2 is the same ole girl i left back in bf3. low rate of fire for max control. Shes a beast but will lose to faster stuff in close. Works best for me. And attachments in a lot of cases have no downside OR have thier down side negated via comboing off another attachment.

What does recon bring to this game? Semi autos are out classed by ARs. Bolt actions? the maps in general arent huge. the cameras pales to the tugs or pokeballs (its not 360 radius but a cone and its vision can be blocked.) Stealth training? meh? I suppose the main gun concerns offset by the machine pistols....

They should have flipped carbines and semi autos. That way the operator/assaults could choose to be more rangey at an inclose cost. And the pros/recons had a crappy that ARs but workable option to get in close.
    whatevers.

Stoked about this one!

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    In the beta the bolt actions were way too fast. Just helped snipers be bigger douchers

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Jumped back into this game after sitting out both BF3 and 4 and damn, am I sucking at the multiplayer, but it's still fun. The disparity between how long it takes more me to kill another player compared to how instantly they can kill me seems bigger than in BC2, the last Battlefield game I put any hours into.

The single player has been surprisingly good so far, or at least the first episode. Nice to have the option of non-lethal takedowns even if the game railroads you into setpieces where you just shoot a bunch of dudes.

• Options
    Part of that is there are a lot of lunatics who have been playing nonstop from bc2 thru 4 and you're just rusty. Every game has felt dif from the last, even 3 from 4 but overall the skills translate across games

• Options
    Game seems like shit so far. Def will be skipping unless it goes on Origin's version of Steam Sale. Hopefully BF5 is announced soon

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not really interested in a bf5. They're getting close to the CoD syndrome of pretty much re-releasing the same game every year or so.

2143 on the other hand? Sign me up. And they should go back to their 1942/bf2 roots with huge maps with tons of objectives instead of their recent trend of tiny shoebox grenade trap meat grinder maps that are a handful of flags in a straight line.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm not really interested in a bf5. They're getting close to the CoD syndrome of pretty much re-releasing the same game every year or so.

2143 on the other hand? Sign me up. And they should go back to their 1942/bf2 roots with huge maps with tons of objectives instead of their recent trend of tiny shoebox grenade trap meat grinder maps that are a handful of flags in a straight line.

titan mode. "Put it in my veins"
    Rocket pod respawns. "PUT IT IN MY VEINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I just want my baur heavy assault rifle back :(

It was the best gun.

Edit:
    Wow autocorrect, what were you doing? That wasn't even English.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Woah there's a separate thread for Hardline

I posted this in the BF4 game but, yeah, this game is amazing.

Hotwire is the best game mode ever created in a MP shooter, I'm pretty sure.

Honestly this game feels like a better version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Not sure why it isn't exploding with popularity -- probably just because of bad vibes towards EA recently.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I actually want another WW2 battlefield.

Or Korea, or Vietnam. Just...not another modern fps game.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    I mean Hardline is pretty basic. No jets, no tanks. Guns are pretty simple.

Yeah it's not as nice as WW2 sure, but its pretty great.

I dunno I'm kinda done with WW2 as a battlefield...

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone playing on the PS4 and want to do some multi? I'm having a lot of trouble playing solo. PSN is Reaper_Stragint.

Also having trouble with sabotage kills. My team keeps taking the cars I plant but I also can't be mad about that since it is the point of the game.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I really like blood money. I just want to play that and hotwire over and over

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    ERROR

Stop being good.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    Come on, the only era for the next iteration of Battlefield is the 80's. Something along the lines of Battlefield 1982 - Rise of Evil Comrade Gorbachev! With amazing soundtrack, hind helicopters, T-82 tanks, F-16s, Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, and beach volleyball!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    It'll never happen, but I always wanted DICE to take a page from Ace Combat and make their own Strangereal.

That way you can have crazy fun combinations of armor and weapons and aircraft.

DICE even used the old map from Ace Combat's Strangereal as part of a billboard in BF4!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So I was really down on this game. Thought the whole concept just seemed wtf. Downloaded the beta but never gave it a shot. I do the whole share thing with a buddy so this installed and popped up. I must say.

This game is just plain fucking fun! It was a little disorentating at first, but then I was playing some hotwire games with @Local H Jay and just having a blast win or lose, although there was quite a few wins. Including one epic come from behind one where we were down quite a bit the whole game, and got pretty low, even though it felt like we should be winning. Ended up winning with 68 tickets left.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Come on, the only era for the next iteration of Battlefield is the 80's. Something along the lines of Battlefield 1982 - Rise of Evil Comrade Gorbachev! With amazing soundtrack, hind helicopters, T-82 tanks, F-16s, Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, and beach volleyball!

If they do make a sequel to Hardline, though, it has to be set in the 1970s since this game would be that so more awesome if instead of being inspired by Bad Boys and The Shield it was inspired by Bullit, The French Connection, and Barney Miller.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »
    It'll never happen, but I always wanted DICE to take a page from Ace Combat and make their own Strangereal.

That way you can have crazy fun combinations of armor and weapons and aircraft.

DICE even used the old map from Ace Combat's Strangereal as part of a billboard in BF4!

Will this battlefield strangereal contain an abundance of superweapons and tunnels to fly jets through?

3DS Friend Code: