As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crusader Kings III: You Can Steal the Pope's Hat

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I was trying out the Ivar the Boneless start for my first ironman game and things were going well. With Ivar's son I was able to get enough prestige to launch a war of subjugation on the Kingdom of Scotland. This got me a decent amount of territory, plus I already had a bunch of counties around Ireland and Scotland. So that was great. But it had tanistry elective succession, and my new vassals were catholic. So they put my 55 year old catholic brother on the throne instead of my high-marshall son who would end up the head of the house. Long story short, they wanted to vote for a catholic so much they were willing to vote for a newborn baby. I didn't have enough sway to change the votes, but I could change the baby's culture and religion with education. Also the baby was a genius. So I voted for him too.

The son I originally wanted to inherit died young from battle wounds with only a daughter, so the head of the house fell to her. The brother that did inherit reigned for eight years before the throne was given to his young, genius child. And that is how a five year old girl ended up head of the House of Ivar and a five year old boy ended up King of Scotland.

This run is going pretty well, I'd say.

Child rulers have always extreme. Lots of people will try to manipulate, rebel, or kill you as a kid but if you survive all that you'll have on hell of a long reign bonus and now more time to have high levels of fame and devotion. Plus more time to gain lifestyle xp and choose all your perks.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I've heard this is improved over the last game, but it also seems they adopted the same approach as the last game: don't release one whole game when you can release half of one game and part the other half out into several overpriced DLC packs. I'm seeing a lot of complaints of a lack of endgame here as well.

So what's the deal here? Is the base game genuinely worth the price, or is it obvious pieces are missing and development is unfinished?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I don't know if Paradox games are the type to have an endgame. I know Stellaris technically has win conditions but in 300 hours I never saw one. Here I think it's mostly about seeing what happens and aiming yourself at goals of your own design. Then starting over somewhere else and seeing what happens there.

Aistan on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The endgame is what you make of it. Stellaris technically has one because there is no starting state, but "here's the world have fun" is what they do

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2020
    I've heard this is improved over the last game, but it also seems they adopted the same approach as the last game: don't release one whole game when you can release half of one game and part the other half out into several overpriced DLC packs. I'm seeing a lot of complaints of a lack of endgame here as well.

So what's the deal here? Is the base game genuinely worth the price, or is it obvious pieces are missing and development is unfinished?

It's a huge game that you could easily spend hundreds of hours in and deliberately does not have an "endgame".

Tube on
  • Options

The base game in CK3 includes features that were introduced in CK2 in the DLCs Holy Fury, The Reaper's Due, Conclave, Way of Life, The Old Gods, Rajas of India, Legacy of Rome, and Sword of Islam. It is already feature competitive with a fully loaded Crusader Kings 2 install. There's also more of an endgame than in CK2 as you can make a goal of maxing out your dynasty abilities. But it's still not a directed game with any victory conditions just like previous Crusader Kings games weren't.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I created the Jomsvikings in my game. All the infidels shall tremble at the might of these Northmen who will destroy their enemies with the fury of a blizzard and chase the enemy from the field with their . . . camel riders?

Dammit game . . .

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Fun fact; the Occitan, Argonesse, Catalan, and Basque cultures (but not Visigothic...) all have a tribal-era innovation called Visigothic Codes, which allow you to invoke High Partition succession AND Equal gender succession, the latter of which doesn't require High Crown Authority to invoke. While Argonesse and Catalan yet don't exist in 867, the other to cultures do, and they start with the innovation unlocked, and pretty much everyone is at least decades away from the normal unlock for High Partition at the 1066 date.
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Is there a way to make the Holy Orders you create stronger?

I created one when the option presented itself and it's just 1000 troops with 300 of them being light infantry

I think it's not working quite right atm (for one thing, you can lease them cities... only for them to be unable to gain any money from them due to the fact their government type doesn't let them hold cities) but looking at the code my best guess is to gift them enough gold to have a couple loans and wait for them to demand baronies when it comes time to collect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hmm, if you create a Holy Order before reforming your faith, what do you do with it? Just revoke their land title? Don't see a way to convert them and I'd rather not have anyone using them against me.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

If you want goals in a Paradox game, chase achievements.

For example, last night I knocked out Going Places (As Haesteinn of Nantes in 867, hold any Kingdom tier title) by just sailing up to Ireland and steamrolling it. It took about an hour. I’m now working on Sibling Rivalry (Starting as any of the Jimena siblings in 1066, become Emperor of Spain). Except that after forming Castile, El Cid promptly died, and then my character (Sancho II) became a lunatic, and then I died while leading a battle where I outnumbered the enemy 5-1, leaving me to play as my four year old son.

But: I weathered over a decade of my entire family having -80 or more opinion on me plus claims to everything I had, and forced my way into a diplomatic education. Now that I’m an adult, my sky-high diplomacy with the “Make a friend” scheme are systematically bringing in every malcontent in the realm and flipping them into firm allies. I don’t want to risk bringing the entire Muslim world down on my head with a Holy War, so I’m chipping away, one fabricated claim at a time.

Once I succeed in becoming the Emperor of Hispania, I’ll probably start a new game, and either go for Blood Eagle (Starting as any child of Ragnarr Lothbrok, conquer all of the British Isles) or Al-Andalus (Starting as an Iberian Muslim, control Iberia and take the Avenge the Battle of Tours decision). Achievements give me concrete goals to work towards in lieu of an endgame with distinctive gameplay.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Hmm, if you create a Holy Order before reforming your faith, what do you do with it? Just revoke their land title? Don't see a way to convert them and I'd rather not have anyone using them against me.

You don't plan to fail, you fail to plan. Although I kinda like the idea of designing an interesting future problem for a play through like being Norse, creating a Holy Order, and going Catholic. Speaking of planning, my end goal of every single Crusader Kings game I've ever played from one to three is to eugenically create the Kwisatz Haderach. So far no luck.
    Current game I managed to be King of Norway before 40 which seemed a bit easy but I have kids. Who can beget more kids ... Kwisatz Haderach

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Ok, so things are going pretty strong for my vikings, but a few things I did want to mention.

I started as Harold "Fairhair" to chase the "rule all the British isles as one of the sons of Ragnar" achievement. I managed to do this in about my third or fourth generation, created the Danelaw and later the Empire of Britannia, but the cheevo didn't pop. Anyone know why? Fairhair is a son or Ragnar, is he not? (I know he's isn't in the show Vikings, but the game says that he is). Anyone manage to get that cheevo? Did I do something wrong?

I was frustrated by that, but, sunk cost fallacy and all, I didn't want to quit, so as I keep playing the Pope holy wars me. We win after a long-ass war (very satisfying) so I decide that my new mission is to dissolve the Papacy. I now own Rome and have made it my new capital, I converted it to Asatru (now reformed with nudity! Got the "Emperor's New Clothes" achievement! Catholics are pissed though, but they're not long for this world) but conquering all of Italia is gonna take some work, especially considering some of it is owned by the Byzantines, so getting the counties I need is gonna be tricky.

Also, with no input from me, some of my AI vassals have conquered parts of Iberia and Africa, one of them even forming the Kingdom of Africa under my banner. I decided to allow some of these kings and dukes of my dynasty to become independent in order to boost my dynasty score (you only get bonus points for kings of your dynasty if they're independent). Once I'm able to create the Empire of Italia, I'm also thinking of granting the empire of Britannia and some of its holdings to another of my dynasty to boost up my dynasty score even further. (it's gonna get portioned off once I die anyway, so I might as well control who it goes to while I'm alive instead of risking that my electors will install someone who's not from my line) Now that I'm focused on Italy, I barely pay attention to what's going on on the British Isles. I'm basically an absentee landlord at this point.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Did you maybe miss one of the small islands? Orkney, Mann, etc?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Going from tribal to feudal is rough.

My witch-queen of Songhai found that out when she swapped to feudalism and suddenly all those fancy women-at-arms wanted to be paid in gold and not prestige anymore. My leevies also went from 20k+ to under 5k+ as my vassals stopped providing their troops for free as well. I had 3k gold saved up but building cities and temples is expensive and my vassals certainly aren't going to save up 500+ gold to build more holdings.

My lack of troops prompted one of the smaller kingdoms to the south to start recaliming some of the land I had taken from them. I beat them the first time by hiring mercenaries but that was ruinously expensive and the next time I just let them take their war target. My witch-queen got her revenge through. The invader made the mistake of marrying a woman from my dynasty and making her his spymaster and it turned out that she was more than happy to help me murder him and then his children until the kingdom ended up in her hands. Word of advice, don't marry people related to vengeful witches.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Awww, yeah. Mission accomplished:
    yyBW3aj.jpg

Also, I'm up to about 18 renown per month with 500+ living dynasty members. I think that's good? I just unlocked Octogenarians so my family is now basically Numenorian.

(The fall is next, right?)

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Korror wrote: »
    Going from tribal to feudal is rough.

My witch-queen of Songhai found that out when she swapped to feudalism and suddenly all those fancy women-at-arms wanted to be paid in gold and not prestige anymore. My leevies also went from 20k+ to under 5k+ as my vassals stopped providing their troops for free as well. I had 3k gold saved up but building cities and temples is expensive and my vassals certainly aren't going to save up 500+ gold to build more holdings.

My lack of troops prompted one of the smaller kingdoms to the south to start recaliming some of the land I had taken from them. I beat them the first time by hiring mercenaries but that was ruinously expensive and the next time I just let them take their war target. My witch-queen got her revenge through. The invader made the mistake of marrying a woman from my dynasty and making her his spymaster and it turned out that she was more than happy to help me murder him and then his children until the kingdom ended up in her hands. Word of advice, don't marry people related to vengeful witches.

I did it by having a learning leader (who did the tech-up in advance of religious reforms) followed immediately by a stewardship leader who BUILT ALL THE THINGS.

One thing that helped - my religion has Pursuit of Power as a tenet. It lets you keep the "eat your neighbor" conquest CB and the once-per-lifetime invasion. Made the fiddly part of holding the edges of the empire together much easier.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Ok, so things are going pretty strong for my vikings, but a few things I did want to mention.

I started as Harold "Fairhair" to chase the "rule all the British isles as one of the sons of Ragnar" achievement. I managed to do this in about my third or fourth generation, created the Danelaw and later the Empire of Britannia, but the cheevo didn't pop. Anyone know why? Fairhair is a son or Ragnar, is he not? (I know he's isn't in the show Vikings, but the game says that he is). Anyone manage to get that cheevo? Did I do something wrong?

I've read some of those character-related achievements just randomly break. So what you did wrong was trying to get it before it is patched. :P

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A warning to achievement chasers: Don't attempt achievements that are of the type "Start as character X, then complete task Y as part of the dynasty" because as soon as you move on from the original character and quit the game, the game disables that achievement.
    I have like 15 hours invested in a "Mother of us All" run that can't get that achievement. Even though 80% of the work is done. (Biggest Empire in africa, second strongest on the map, got a stable power structure)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A warning to achievement chasers: Don't attempt achievements that are of the type "Start as character X, then complete task Y as part of the dynasty" because as soon as you move on from the original character and quit the game, the game disables that achievement.
    I have like 15 hours invested in a "Mother of us All" run that can't get that achievement. Even though 80% of the work is done. (Biggest Empire in africa, second strongest on the map, got a stable power structure)

Wait, do you mean if you play it all in one sitting you can get the cheev but if you save and quit and reload you can't?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Wait, do you mean if you play it all in one sitting you can get the cheev but if you save and quit and reload you can't?

Yes. You can save and quit as long as you are the original character, but if you ever save/load as a dynasty member the game forgets where you came from.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Yes. You can save and quit as long as you are the original character, but if you ever save/load as a dynasty member the game forgets where you came from.

Dot dot dot

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Paradox!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

You don't plan to fail, you fail to plan. Although I kinda like the idea of designing an interesting future problem for a play through like being Norse, creating a Holy Order, and going Catholic. Speaking of planning, my end goal of every single Crusader Kings game I've ever played from one to three is to eugenically create the Kwisatz Haderach. So far no luck.
    Current game I managed to be King of Norway before 40 which seemed a bit easy but I have kids. Who can beget more kids ... Kwisatz Haderach

I am learning how most of the game systems work by having them bite me in the ass. I founded the Holy Order of Asatru as head of their order, then reformed Asatru. I figured the Holy Order would follow. This is not what they do.

So, so many things have happened where I learned "Oh... that's how that works... and it screwed me." But I'm learnding. I have the Empire of Norway and a reformed faith. I'm a bit at a loss now as I don't have any great heirs anywhere after my selected one was assassinated, so I may be about to weather a generation or two of hard knock lessons.

This playthrough has been the first one where I really feel I'm getting it, though. My starting character was military and led some minor conquests and raids. His son seemed to be a dipshit, being a compassionate viking who couldn't handle the stresses of human sacrifice, but the little shit made me so proud by befreinding every King in the region and just slowly, carefully organizing Norway and Denmark as kingdoms, raising powerful children, and spreading the family legacy.

And then unexpectedly his sadistic, torture-fascinating spymaster son of evil ended up on the throne. Normally I wouldn't have gone for intrigue here, but I decided to roll with the punches. So I murdered every living relative of the brother who had inherited Denmark and began an era that England will never forget, because England ceased to exist, as the evil little bastard sacrificed the children of every noble family in England to Odin and reformed the faith to be basically more evil Asatru but also women can run things too. And that's where I'm at now, with no good heirs since all my infanticide led to the murder of my own son and heir, and now I've got a few less qualified daughters ready to inherit. We'll see what's next...

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I still have some hope that they are able to fix it backwards compatible, because the game does track who you played as. It just doesn't use that information for achievements currently.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Playing as Haesteinn in Montaigu, conquered Brittany (too poor to convert to kingdom just yet) and am hoping to use his great martial score to expand a bit more when he gets assassinated by Charles the Bald. Alas, now his holdings fall to his mediocre son, generally reviled by his council except for his marshal, a dwarf berserker with incredible combat abilities who proceeds to lead my piddling forces against numerous uprisings and rips the heads off every opposing champion himself.

I am going into diplomacy just to unlock the ability to make this guy my best friend.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

I am learning how most of the game systems work by having them bite me in the ass. I founded the Holy Order of Asatru as head of their order, then reformed Asatru. I figured the Holy Order would follow. This is not what they do.

So, so many things have happened where I learned "Oh... that's how that works... and it screwed me." But I'm learnding. I have the Empire of Norway and a reformed faith. I'm a bit at a loss now as I don't have any great heirs anywhere after my selected one was assassinated, so I may be about to weather a generation or two of hard knock lessons.

This playthrough has been the first one where I really feel I'm getting it, though. My starting character was military and led some minor conquests and raids. His son seemed to be a dipshit, being a compassionate viking who couldn't handle the stresses of human sacrifice, but the little shit made me so proud by befreinding every King in the region and just slowly, carefully organizing Norway and Denmark as kingdoms, raising powerful children, and spreading the family legacy.

And then unexpectedly his sadistic, torture-fascinating spymaster son of evil ended up on the throne. Normally I wouldn't have gone for intrigue here, but I decided to roll with the punches. So I murdered every living relative of the brother who had inherited Denmark and began an era that England will never forget, because England ceased to exist, as the evil little bastard sacrificed the children of every noble family in England to Odin and reformed the faith to be basically more evil Asatru but also women can run things too. And that's where I'm at now, with no good heirs since all my infanticide led to the murder of my own son and heir, and now I've got a few less qualified daughters ready to inherit. We'll see what's next...

One of things they tends to happen is you'll start a game as a great character with amazing martial or diplomatic abilities clashing sword and guile against other legendary figures from history only to eventually have all that generation die off and be left with morons all over the place.

I have some dynasty traits that help kids turn out better and now know to also factor in learning skill for an educator in addition to the skill they're teaching (and to only look at the skill total, not the education trait) but still sometimes see some dipshits. I've been using my ability to excommunicate at will (well, with enough piety) to trim my line down of those a bit with the excommunication, arrest, dungeon, and execute when I'm on my deathbed if needed. After having two rulers that were gluttons get obese and die young from its effects, I now also do that for any children that are gluttons and make sure not to let gluttons be educators of my heirs.

I've had rulers with awful stats do some great things but that was always when I didn't have much choice due to other children dying or just not being produced. With this generation I've been raising up though the eldest two sons are/were gluttons with meh stats while their younger siblings are all Quick or Intelligent and starting to produce Intelligent and Genius children themselves.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Apparently there is a piety to money conversion that is quite effective, which is excommunicate bishop, imprison bishop, banish bishop.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    If you want goals in a Paradox game, chase achievements.

For example, last night I knocked out Going Places (As Haesteinn of Nantes in 867, hold any Kingdom tier title) by just sailing up to Ireland and steamrolling it. It took about an hour. I’m now working on Sibling Rivalry (Starting as any of the Jimena siblings in 1066, become Emperor of Spain). Except that after forming Castile, El Cid promptly died, and then my character (Sancho II) became a lunatic, and then I died while leading a battle where I outnumbered the enemy 5-1, leaving me to play as my four year old son.

But: I weathered over a decade of my entire family having -80 or more opinion on me plus claims to everything I had, and forced my way into a diplomatic education. Now that I’m an adult, my sky-high diplomacy with the “Make a friend” scheme are systematically bringing in every malcontent in the realm and flipping them into firm allies. I don’t want to risk bringing the entire Muslim world down on my head with a Holy War, so I’m chipping away, one fabricated claim at a time.

Once I succeed in becoming the Emperor of Hispania, I’ll probably start a new game, and either go for Blood Eagle (Starting as any child of Ragnarr Lothbrok, conquer all of the British Isles) or Al-Andalus (Starting as an Iberian Muslim, control Iberia and take the Avenge the Battle of Tours decision). Achievements give me concrete goals to work towards in lieu of an endgame with distinctive gameplay.

It's also worth noting that a lot of the Major Decisions that were achievements in CKII (Like the Empire of the Outremer, Becoming the Saoshyant, Unite the Slavs, etc) are still things in CKIII, along with some new ones like returning the British Isles to the Britons (as a member of the Goidelic (Irish/Galec) or Brythonic (Welsh/Cornish/Briton) culture groups, control all of de jure Britannia with no more than 1 powerful vassal not belonging to those two culture groups, to force a mass culture change and be immortalized as the "Tuatha De Danann") or forming the Empire of Bactria (be an Afghan Buddist or Zororastiran and control Kabulstan and most of Bukhari and Eastern Transoxiana.) So there are are still some goals you can do for yourself even if there is no chevo for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apparently there is a piety to money conversion that is quite effective, which is excommunicate bishop, imprison bishop, banish bishop.

I might have to look into that but I'm not sure it would work so well with my setup. Since I'm using lay clergy, a lot of the time temples are held by counts.

That said, I get soooo much money from people buying indulgences money isn't really a factor unless I've just unlocked another tier of buildings.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    So i think i goofed. My only son an heir turned 16. So i married him off and gave him a Duchy so i could get back under the limit. Now this chucklefuck has given all his landed titles to his newborn son. Now i cant give the kid an education as a ward. Is there ANY way around this? Or am i just boned?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    murder

• Options
    So i think i goofed. My only son an heir turned 16. So i married him off and gave him a Duchy so i could get back under the limit. Now this chucklefuck has given all his landed titles to his newborn son. Now i cant give the kid an education as a ward. Is there ANY way around this? Or am i just boned?

You have to be careful about giving your heir titles. It can give the an advantage in terms of prestige and experiencing events but also subject them to stupid decisions during events and stupid decisions in general. You don't always have a choice though as sometimes they end up the heir of a title. If you're quick enough you can usually get yourself made the ward of your grandkids but it's not so easy once they have one assigned, especially if you don't want to murder their current educator.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hooray, Siguic reformed. Two more techs and I can go feudal, I think. Also now I can holy war and really bash everyone's head in, I think I have the biggest army on the planet. 44k.

I'm also marrying all kinds of Pagans just for fun. Four wives, each a different flavor.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

You have to be careful about giving your heir titles. It can give the an advantage in terms of prestige and experiencing events but also subject them to stupid decisions during events and stupid decisions in general. You don't always have a choice though as sometimes they end up the heir of a title. If you're quick enough you can usually get yourself made the ward of your grandkids but it's not so easy once they have one assigned, especially if you don't want to murder their current educator.

in CK2 i could count on them to do their thing, so i figured my son will chill out as a duke till i died. didnt expect the dumbo to grant everything to his kid. Ah well, if he turns out as garbage, he has 2 more kids...

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

in CK2 i could count on them to do their thing, so i figured my son will chill out as a duke till i died. didnt expect the dumbo to grant everything to his kid. Ah well, if he turns out as garbage, he has 2 more kids...

Mine did too much of their thing. This would include things like changing their culture and render cultural specific buildings useless, losing limbs to try and treat diseases, and creating a bunch of rivals that want to kill them.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    How do you create kingdoms that exist but don't yet have De Jure counties?

Like, the Kingdom of Naples is a thing that exists if you look in the Empire of Italia. But when you click on it, it says the Kingdom of Naples has no associated de jure counties, so you can't create it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    How do you create kingdoms that exist but don't yet have De Jure counties?

Like, the Kingdom of Naples is a thing that exists if you look in the Empire of Italia. But when you click on it, it says the Kingdom of Naples has no associated de jure counties, so you can't create it.

I think that's one that's formed after a decision. Possibly the Empower Sicilian Parliament one.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    byo3s4cisfhi.jpg

The Black Death does not screw around.

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The Halfdan start might be too stressful for me. I had to immediately convert to stop myself getting holy warred to shit. I don't know if that's inevitable or if I have to Win More.

• Options
    So I'm starting to pick apart Ireland, now I seem to have a couple tribal holdings. I swear I started to upgrade them to castles, but now the option is gone?

kx3klFE.png