Options

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    If my last save is from dungeon of no return, hire do i access expansion?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    If my last save is from dungeon of no return, hire do i access expansion?

By reloading the save the game automatically should've made just before the Point of No Return. I don't believe it's possible to start the expansion from inside the very final dungeon.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, it seemed to warn me pretty good that I was hitting the point of now return so I specifically made a save in there. Kind of a drag the progress and gear in there is locked away in there though. Hope I didn't qualify for the xpac, because I threw money at them. Worst case, someone can have my key.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Has anyone started up a 'completed' game and gone into the expansion yet?

I'm liking the separate stealth now, though I will wish being in stealth mode wasn't a prerequisite to finding hidden items.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Boo, can't respec the pre-made characters attributes. Booo! Least there's the IE mod.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Bigity wrote: »

I'm liking the separate stealth now, though I will wish being in stealth mode wasn't a prerequisite to finding hidden items.

It's not. If your perception is high enough, the hidden items will still pop. I do think it needs you to be still for a moment, or at least moving slowly, because most of the time that I find things has been when I stopped for a moment to take a sip or left the group standing around while I used the restroom.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

I started a completed game into the expansion. Did you have some question about it?

It asks if you want to do a version with monsters of higher level if you out level the expansion. I said yes, but so far I'm steam-rolling everything like it's nothing. That may change a bit though because I just picked up the new companions, and their classes don't mesh well with my core group. Oh well, this is for the story, and a little extra challenge will be welcome.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options

It's not. If your perception is high enough, the hidden items will still pop. I do think it needs you to be still for a moment, or at least moving slowly, because most of the time that I find things has been when I stopped for a moment to take a sip or left the group standing around while I used the restroom.

Ah, my understanding was to find traps and hidden objects you had to be in stealth. Good deal.
    Derrick wrote: »

I started a completed game into the expansion. Did you have some question about it?

It asks if you want to do a version with monsters of higher level if you out level the expansion. I said yes, but so far I'm steam-rolling everything like it's nothing. That may change a bit though because I just picked up the new companions, and their classes don't mesh well with my core group. Oh well, this is for the story, and a little extra challenge will be welcome.

Was just wondering how it happened. Did you get asked to move into the expansion - etc.

• Options

Ah, my understanding was to find traps and hidden objects you had to be in stealth. Good deal.

Was just wondering how it happened. Did you get asked to move into the expansion - etc.

I just loaded my latest save and I got a quest update. (Trying to keep it spoiler free).

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I'm in the last room. Can you get out?

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I'm in the last room. Can you get out?

No you can't.

But the game automatically makes a separate save at the point of no return, so you can just load up that save.

• Options
    Wow, they really managed to make the ghost enemies even more annoying to fight. For fucks sake, Josh, there's a difference between difficult and annoying.

• Options
    Okay, so I finished the main quest.

I got about what I expected, but I was hoping for more.
    First of all, the difficulty leaned way too far into the "too easy" category. I dropped two fully equipped companions for the new people, who didn't really complement my party at all, and still steam rolled it by just giving the new characters cast offs and found upgrades. No biggie I guess, but noticeable.

Enemies
    Can we talk about the enemies? Wolves, Ice Trolls, Specters and L-lizards. They were all very easy, though the specters, instead of teleporting TO YOU this time, teleport you with a paralyze. Really, that's just annoying having to buff paralyze resistance, but not too bad. Why are specters weak against confuse/dominate? Why is every enemy in the game weak to this? It trivializes everything. I would think, thematically, that specters should be immune to mind altering effects, because they don't have a brain. The last "boss fight" was won in a similar way.

I'm sure the dragon is difficult, but after bumping into it once and seeing it was another Kitchen Sink + instant death breath encounter, I just moved on. I already fought that at the bottom of Caed Nua. I don't need that shit again.

Durgan's
    2 levels? That's it?

New Companions
    The Devil of Carsac(sp?) was kind of interesting. No story movement after finding the douche the torched her house, though.

The monk guy had nothing. A few forgettable lines of dialogue about the poor dwarves, and that's about it. Very disappointed in him.

I probably won't pick them up again if I do another run through.

Overall, lots of okay side quests. The main quest doesn't feel like it thematically changes anything, so it kind of feels like a side quest itself.

I still need to do the optional dungeon. I hope they go for more meaningful story for the second DLC.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    There are no mental immunities because the undead are animated with souls and all mental magic uses soul manipulation.

• Options
    Oh, so the expansion content takes place BEFORE the final section?

• Options
    Oh, so the expansion content takes place BEFORE the final section?

Yeah. It's an extra area to go explore. It's hard to say when the best time to go there would be. Probably before the last main hub would be fine to run through the main path of the DLC.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    2.02 incoming
    Heya. We are finalizing the 2.02 patch this week, and the beta patch will be up soon after. I don't know what balance changes are going in (I don't work on balance changes), but we should have patch notes up at the time of the beta.

Off-Topic and a different game, but general Obsidian related (teamshoot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-_g5684Dg

Russia also misspelled Anthony's name. Resulting in lots of office jokes.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

That is correct, you take a negative modifier to your mechanics if you are not in scouting mode. Basically when you are not in scout mode your mechanics check for hidden items is whatever your current number is minus a few points. So if your mechanics skill is high enough you can still find plenty of low/mid level hidden items out of scouting mode.

@Derrick just an FYI the High Level Content Scaling option only effects the crit path. Just thought I would point that out to clear up some potential confusion about side areas in the expansion not increasing in difficulty in HLCS mode. Though Cragholdt Bluffs and Concelhaut's was a side area specifically designed with high level players in mind, as was the Alpine Dragon.

When you say Durgan's Battery is only 2 levels are you not counting the Main Hall?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Is there a third way to resolve Lord of a Barren Land? I have to kill one or the other?

I thought if I confronted Raedric about murdering his wife he'd off himself maybe, but no luck.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you could always kill both of them

• Options
    So i finally got my act together and did the last 0.001% of the game (has saved essentially outside last boss room and got distracted by other games).
    Man it's hard. Wiped after 2 1hr attempts, will try again later. Didn't help that at some point i didn't notice the game deleted my rogue's chest armor, Durance's crossbow, Pallagena's gloves and some other random items for no reason, and i don't want to go back to the save before the jump out no return.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity has sold half a million copies.

Feels so weird. I know it's good news for Obsidian, but I'm so used to the AAA industry shouting about selling a million copies of New Game in its opening weekend, that half a million months after release merely seems kind of OK.

• Options
    This is a very niche game though. Console bros aren't snatching up this one.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    Is there a third way to resolve Lord of a Barren Land? I have to kill one or the other?

I thought if I confronted Raedric about murdering his wife he'd off himself maybe, but no luck.

There are a number of ways you can handle this one, you can kill one, the other, or both. But if you don't want to ignore the quest, at least one has to die.

Also:
    If you do kill Raedric, make sure to finish the job. I don't know if you want to be spoiled, but there is more to that quest way later in the game if you do decide to kill him.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity has sold half a million copies.

Feels so weird. I know it's good news for Obsidian, but I'm so used to the AAA industry shouting about selling a million copies of New Game in its opening weekend, that half a million months after release merely seems kind of OK.
    Nice.

Considering the relatively low budget, sounds like they would have made a nice chunk of change off of that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Oh man, I forgot to finish this game. I got to the end of Od Nua and got annoyed by the boss, so I took a break and forgot to pick it back up.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »

There are a number of ways you can handle this one, you can kill one, the other, or both. But if you don't want to ignore the quest, at least one has to die.

Also:
    If you do kill Raedric, make sure to finish the job. I don't know if you want to be spoiled, but there is more to that quest way later in the game if you do decide to kill him.

You can kill both Kolsc and Raedric, but there's no peaceful resolution.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    I realllllly like this game!

I just finished up the final boss beneath the Endless Paths of Od Nua. That was a nice smack in the face. The normal game, through either me figuring things out or just over-leveling content through diligent questing, had gotten easy. That fight was utterly brutal. I love that sort of stuff though.

What's the verdict on the DLC expansion?

I looked into it and it is not post-game content but extra stuff to do before you end the game? Much more like DLC than an expansion pack that you play afterward. Should I pick it up now and play it before I finish the game? Will it be actually challenging now that I am level 12? Is it good in general? Or better served for a sale?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I realllllly like this game!

I just finished up the final boss beneath the Endless Paths of Od Nua. That was a nice smack in the face. The normal game, through either me figuring things out or just over-leveling content through diligent questing, had gotten easy. That fight was utterly brutal. I love that sort of stuff though.

What's the verdict on the DLC expansion?

I looked into it and it is not post-game content but extra stuff to do before you end the game? Much more like DLC than an expansion pack that you play afterward. Should I pick it up now and play it before I finish the game? Will it be actually challenging now that I am level 12? Is it good in general? Or better served for a sale?

The White March is a mid game side story, it's every bit an expansion pack, just during the main quest instead of after it. There is a high level content scaling option when you enter it, as well as an entire area balanced for level 14 parties.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    RebootReboot Registered User regular
    So... I just started this game and I find myself restarting to choose a class - any suggestions on which PC class to pick to complement the party? I'm currently leaning towards a dual-wielding sneaky rogue.

• Options
    rogue barbarian and monk do not show up as npcs. but doubling up on some classes/not liking an npc option are two things as well

so basically the answer is priest of wael

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Reboot wrote: »
    So... I just started this game and I find myself restarting to choose a class - any suggestions on which PC class to pick to complement the party? I'm currently leaning towards a dual-wielding sneaky rogue.

I did a crossbow rogue and it was awesome.

• Options
    Rogue and Monk show up as companions in the DLC content if you got the first "expansion pack".

Barbarian is still absent. One assumes you can get one from the unreleased second part of the aforementioned DLC.

This game was going really great. I had finished all the side content I was thinking about and was about to set out for the final story mission (I presume). Then I found that my game had become... corrupted? Or something? with the the recent November third patch?

Eder's gear keeps randomly getting erased from existence. My most recent save erased the gear of my entire party and ejected half of them to "home base". I loaded it to find my main character, Kana and Durance naked and standing the middle of an Inn.

Hopefully my post on the support forums bears fruit.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Rogue and Monk show up as companions in the DLC content if you got the first "expansion pack".

Barbarian is still absent. One assumes you can get one from the unreleased second part of the aforementioned DLC.

This game was going really great. I had finished all the side content I was thinking about and was about to set out for the final story mission (I presume). Then I found that my game had become... corrupted? Or something? with the the recent November third patch?

Eder's gear keeps randomly getting erased from existence. My most recent save erased the gear of my entire party and ejected half of them to "home base". I loaded it to find my main character, Kana and Durance naked and standing the middle of an Inn.

Hopefully my post on the support forums bears fruit.

Did the post ever show up in the support forums? I remember you telling me that it had maybe... disappeared mysteriously... Not unlike Eder's gear.

• Options
    I've had the same thing happen to me. Totally put me off from finishing it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Post showed up a few hours later after I posted it.

• Options
    RebootReboot Registered User regular
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go with a sneaky dual-wielding rogue this run. :D

• Options
    rogues are actually highly geared towards two handed weapons

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah, big lumps of damage are good for them.