As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    The only complaint with Ivara's powers is her #2. It seems like it sucks too much energy and takes too much time for its use. I think I would gladly give it up for just a quick firing exploding arrow or something.
    Although it can be fun to guide a tonkor grenade into someones face.

Being able to throw my glaive and control it's flight is my favorite thing in the world.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I love Ivara, she is the best that ever was. @Darmak , I sense a terrible intenstinal thing coming on for you, you should go home early.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I love Ivara, she is the best that ever was. Darmak , I sense a terrible intenstinal thing coming on for you, you should go home early.

Man, if only I could. I'm gonna be here for 11 more hours though. I'm off tomorrow and the next day so I'll be framing it up then fo sho.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Protip: Ivara's stealth is immune to Energy Siphon and restores, so when you get low plop down a stealth arrow, decloak inside of it, and drop an energy pizza.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hey, Kralizecc, I was wondering what you thought of the Sybaris? I remember you like the ammo efficiency and reliability of the Latron Prime, and the Sybaris excels in those areas as well.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hey, Kralizecc, I was wondering what you thought of the Sybaris? I remember you like the ammo efficiency and reliability of the Latron Prime, and the Sybaris excels in those areas as well.

I can't speak for severen, but I liked the Sybaris quite a bit when I leveled it up awhile back. It was awhile ago though so I don't remember how it played exactly, just that I liked it. I also really like the Tiburon as an accurate, 3-round burst rifle.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I can't speak for severen, but I liked the Sybaris quite a bit when I leveled it up awhile back. It was awhile ago though so I don't remember how it played exactly, just that I liked it. I also really like the Tiburon as an accurate, 3-round burst rifle.

Oh man, speaking of burst rifles: The Burston Prime with the Arbiters augment is a literal beast.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options

They fill the same role, even with the sybaris's higher crit chance, I've used the latron far more often. It starts out with really good polarities and I've just never felt the need to switch to such a similar performing weapon.

I'm having a much harder time choosing between the lanka and rubico, so hard to decide.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm having a much harder time choosing between the lanka and rubico, so hard to decide.
    I just threw together a few builds for warframe builder to calc, if you'd want my opinion on the matter.
    rubico
    lanka
    The Lanka has a Vile Accel and the Rubico doesn't because all the other mods I put on it were better for its DPS. Presumably due to that crazy reload time making emptying the mag faster much less desirable. Anyway, from where I'm standing it looks like they've got about the same fire rate, but the Lanka has better raw damage, better reload time, even a better proc rate, and more overall DPS. I don't remember the Lanka having anything super unwieldy about using it, so I'd go the with Lanka, myself.
    Oh, and I just noticed that the Lanka has perfect accuracy, too. So that's a plus, and it also means you could throw Heavy Cal on it. Though, Heavy Cal sometimes reduces accuracy a crazy amount so that might not be a great idea.

cB557 on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2015
    I am using the Sybaris right now, I don't have a latprime to compare too, but it is working very well for me now that I have it forma'd a couple times. The only problem is, it's not very good at lower level stuff, since it eats 2 bullets per shot, so you really only get 5 shots per clip compared to the 15 of the latron.

Morkath on
  • Options
    I just threw together a few builds for warframe builder to calc, if you'd want my opinion on the matter.
    rubico
    lanka
    The Lanka has a Vile Accel and the Rubico doesn't because all the other mods I put on it were better for its DPS. Presumably due to that crazy reload time making emptying the mag faster much less desirable. Anyway, from where I'm standing it looks like they've got about the same fire rate, but the Lanka has better raw damage, better reload time, even a better proc rate, and more overall DPS. I don't remember the Lanka having anything super unwieldy about using it, so I'd go the with Lanka, myself.
    Oh, and I just noticed that the Lanka has perfect accuracy, too. So that's a plus, and it also means you could throw Heavy Cal on it. Though, Heavy Cal sometimes reduces accuracy a crazy amount so that might not be a great idea.

DPS doesn't really matter, damage per shot is all I care about. I'm leaning toward the lanka because of the changes to sniper rifles, some got crit damage boosts for scoping, and some got crit chance, the lanka is a crit chancer. The other snipers can get close to 100% crit chance, but for a one shot kill build that's just not good enough.

• Options
    Also the Lanka has a baller looking scope and the Rubico's scope is fucking atrocious. Hey let's have your aim point be one fucking white pixel in the middle of a bunch of blank space surrounded by weird wavy lines! I'm sure that will provide no problems at all with trying to, you know, aim!

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    The Lanka does have travel time though, doesn't it? For my part I found the Lanka pretty forgettable while the Rubico's been more fun, but that's purely subjective of course.

In a separate matter, does anyone have a set of Sahasa kubrow imprints they're willing to sell/trade? I just want to tick that box off for Mastery and have no patience left for random incubation. The trade chat has been unhelpful so far.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So when did they add these 'towns' in the form of the relays?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Just before they started blowing them up with Balor Fomorians.

:P

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    alright

using ivara to guide tonkor grenades is impractical but amazing fun

you get to be precision guided air support

• Options
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    The Lanka does have travel time though, doesn't it? For my part I found the Lanka pretty forgettable while the Rubico's been more fun, but that's purely subjective of course.

In a separate matter, does anyone have a set of Sahasa kubrow imprints they're willing to sell/trade? I just want to tick that box off for Mastery and have no patience left for random incubation. The trade chat has been unhelpful so far.

I don't know, watching severen use the Lanka earlier I'd say that if it's projectiles have a travel time it's almost meaningless.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    @Dakkareth
    I have a Sahasa EDIT: that I've just thawed out. I can set you up sometime tomorrow.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    kralizecc, did you say you had Wukong researched? i finally farmed up ivara and got it cooking so i figured i'd look into Wukong... so if its still okay i'll probably jump ship to grab them.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Yep, I won't be back on until 14:45 PST today though, and won't be playing past 1800-ish, on and off. If you have vent hitting me up there will be more reliable than in game chat, or the penny arcade irc channel. My highlighting is all setup to make lots of noise.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Does anyone on xbone have a spare rhino prime bp? I've got all the components made, but no luck getting the bp itself to drop, and I'm out of exterminate keys now. Preferably I could pay you back with the same blueprint when it inevitably drops soon after I don't need it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I've managed to level up two warframes and 4 weapons from unranked to 30, only from Spy missions. Still only have two pieces of Ivara.

At least I have my six Hell's Chambers.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I put my last Rhino Prime BP in the blender for ducats so that Baro can snort them and I can wear shiny shoulderpads.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I put my last Rhino Prime BP in the blender for ducats so that Baro can snort them and I can where shiny shoulderpads.

As you should.

If you have any T3 or 4 exterminate keys and see me on, please feel free to grab me.

Mostly I'm signing on to any recruiting for frost prime parts, but not a single drop so far.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Oh hey, can someone throw vallav333 an invite to the PC clan?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So how have people been doing on dera parts? I'm sitting on a barrel and receiver thus far, we'll see how things go for the rest of sortie season 1.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I've got two Bps so far. Haven't done the last two days of sortie because of difficulty and busy-ness.

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Sitting on a BP and barrel here. Also got the same parts for Karak Wraith, annoyingly enough. Might be able to trade them for the parts I need though, or at least sell 'em.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I added the Dera Vandal and Karak Wraith to the end of the Space Knights Prime Trading Spreadsheet

• Options
    In theory I have Nyx Prime System BP's that are worth more, hypothetically, than a Rhino Prime BP.

But there's a whole lot of sellers and no buyers that I can come across.

• Options
    Ducat value has little to nothing to do with actual, real rarity.

Also you can craft those Nyx Systems and sell them to Baro for more than the BPs themselves.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Yep, I won't be back on until 14:45 PST today though, and won't be playing past 1800-ish, on and off. If you have vent hitting me up there will be more reliable than in game chat, or the penny arcade irc channel. My highlighting is all setup to make lots of noise.

Sweet, thanks! not sure when i'll be on so i'll just keep an eye out for you and give a shout!

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options

Also you can craft those Nyx Systems and sell them to Baro for more than the BPs themselves.

Not ducats, platinum. Platinum prices that I've looked up list them as more valuable than the rhino prime bp.

I have all the other components just waiting in my inventory for a bp to tell me how to glue them together.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Got a Dera barrel and receiver so far. Also two Karak Wraith barrels I don't need. How long will the Sortie season be?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    Got a Dera barrel and receiver so far. Also two Karak Wraith barrels I don't need. How long will the Sortie season be?

IIRC the patch notes said each season was 15 days.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Not ducats, platinum. Platinum prices that I've looked up list them as more valuable than the rhino prime bp.

I have all the other components just waiting in my inventory for a bp to tell me how to glue them together.

I don't trust those market sites because half of them are sellers trying to inflate the value of their stock and the other half are buyers trying to deflate the value of what they want

In reality Nyx Systems are fairly common, which is why everyone in trade chat is selling them

Until DE implements an actual usable auction house style system (which is never, because the current atrocious system inflates prices and drives platinum sales) the only real answer to "what is this worth?" is "whatever somebody is willing to pay for it."

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

I don't trust those market sites because half of them are sellers trying to inflate the value of their stock and the other half are buyers trying to deflate the value of what they want

In reality Nyx Systems are fairly common, which is why everyone in trade chat is selling them

Until DE implements an actual usable auction house style system (which is never, because the current atrocious system inflates prices and drives platinum sales) the only real answer to "what is this worth?" is "whatever somebody is willing to pay for it."

Considering the "wealthy" in Warframe could just as easily fix and inflate prices as they used to do in WoW to accomplish the whole inflation thing, not really sure it would help on that front. DE gets a cut of the platinum from the prices the population sets for themselves because THE FREE MARKET IS FAIR, BALANCED AND MUST REGULATE ITSELF. :hydra:

An in-game AH would just make it so you don't have to read through a million lines of spam just to find the one guy with the price you want and then you spend the next 10 minutes failing to connect to each other's dojos because reasons. Though aren't they adding trade kiosks to a or the relays... I remember reading a blurb about that somewhere recently.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Considering the "wealthy" in Warframe could just as easily fix and inflate prices as they used to do in WoW to accomplish the whole inflation thing, not really sure it would help on that front. DE gets a cut of the platinum from the prices the population sets for themselves because THE FREE MARKET IS FAIR, BALANCED AND MUST REGULATE ITSELF. :hydra:

An in-game AH would just make it so you don't have to read through a million lines of spam just to find the one guy with the price you want and then you spend the next 10 minutes failing to connect to each other's dojos because reasons. Though aren't they adding trade kiosks to a or the relays... I remember reading a blurb about that somewhere recently.

There's a new relay on Earth called Maroo's Relay that's exclusively for trading

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yeah, boo. I was honestly just hoping to find a random who would trade me one largely worthless bp for another largely worthless bp.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

There's a new relay on Earth called Maroo's Relay that's exclusively for trading

All the convenience of a Marrakech bazaar, but in spaaaace

This discussion has been closed.