Options

[Final Fantasy] VII 100% legitimate and happening remake. Yes, really.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Controls are alright as long as you disable diagonal movement.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Okay. Just hit 55 Mythril. Gonna do my second 11 pull. Wish me luck.

edit:

Not a bad haul. Highlights include a Black Robe V **** (Given to Lenna for more defense), a Red Jacket VI **** (which outpaces the Galbadian Armor and is now worn by Cecil), A Warrior's Sword X **** (Stronger than Galbadian Blades, now used by Cloud), an Empeyrean Rod XII **** (Massive Magic bonus. Would be used by Terra if she were to leave the front row), and a second Dancing Dagger V.

Does the Dancing Dagger increase its Magic bonus when combined?

Enlong on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    The Red Jacket is probably my favorite armor in the game, so far. So useful, even without synergy.

• Options
    Oh, and using this new equipment, I finally managed to clear Fire Ship Hard! Spamming Retaliate on Liquid Flame is hilarious.

I'm gonna stick with that so I can get as many Greater Earth, Black, and Dark orbs as I can before the event ends. Every step closer to Quake is good.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Earth are your priority if you run out of time. Black are the reward for 30% of the new elites, and Dark are easy to farm from phantom train.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The fuck? I just hired Shadow and we killed two things and then left. That son of a bitch stole my 3000g!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Shadow is only reliable from lete river. Don't take him to zozo.

• Options
    Oh no. I'm going to hire him again and let him die and I'll never revive him. He'll pay.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's his... his whole schtick...

I'm assuming it's your first time through the game? The Sabin section? If you're interested, I'll keep the spoilers to a bare minimum, just the generic naming of two places. But if you want to keep him as long as possible:
    He only has a chance of leaving during random fights on the world map. I don't know what it is, but it's just a simple 10% chance or something after the fight ends. So you can just run from battles if you want to be super sure. But he won't leave at all during the camp, and during the train. After that, there's a short scene where he'll leave no matter what.

It's really worth keeping him as long as possible, but it's hardly game breaking or required.

If it's not that... then seriously. Do not take him to Zozo. You will regret this later.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Nah I hired him from some cafe after the part in the spoilers. I figured adding a fourth to my party wouldn't be so bad but then he left like an asshole.

Now I'm curious about this Zozo thing...

• Options
    Shit, that's it.

Get your ass back to Narshe (you can take the castle back) and take a full party.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I never recruit him en route to Zozo. My party is always the Figaro Brothers (for general power, Chainsaw usage, and the flashback cutscene), Locke (because he finally gets Mug in Zozo, and for the flashback in Kohlingen), and Celes (because having access to Cure and Runic are very useful skills in Zozo.

I generally keep that team after Zozo, due to a brief scene in the Blackjack.

• Options
    Actually, I'm reading up on this to refresh my memory. Taking him now is ok, it's just a pain in the ass since he can bolt whenever he wants. And he'll leave regardless after Zozo.

The real bitch is, you can ignore him, do Zozo, and then go all the way back and hire him. This will seriously fuck you over. I imagine though that no new player would ever consider doing this, it's only if you intentionally want it to happen.

• Options
    How does this screw you over? Is there some glitch? Or is it a matter of
    letting him keep one of your first four Magicite?

I've never tried it, but I don't think the latter is an issue in the mobile version.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I've never tried it, but I don't think the latter is an issue in the mobile version.

Well "screw you over" is being a bit dramatic, sorry. :P It's nothing game breaking, but here's the issue.
    He leaves during the opera. So you're locked doing the entire Vector plot with only 3 people. And that whole area of the game is a decent jump in difficulty regardless. You don't want to do it one character down... or god forbid 2 characters down if you were foolish enough to only take Locke and Celes to the opera.

• Options
    Maybe for a low level natural magic minimum step challenge run.

• Options
    Maybe for a low level natural magic minimum step challenge run.

Hmm. Minimal steps. World of Ruin is tricky. How many steps can you afford to spend on party members for the sake of making battles easier? Gau, for example, can potentially be recruited in 2 steps, if you're lucky with random encounters on the Veldt, for example.

Of course, Gau's most useful if you get Stray Cat, which not only requires a lucky pull on the Veldt, but also taking the EXP from an encounter with a Stray Cat-containing group.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Minimum steps would require you to
    do Celes, Setzer, Edgar endgame.

Edit: Spoiler'd since there's someone going through for the first time.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Doesn't the guy on the airship who offers to unequip all your party members also take back magicite from Shadow?

• Options
    The next event is Vanille.

The amount of people having a collective heart attack on the FFRK reddit is incredible.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Vanille. Still not casting Death with any consistency.

#TeamXIII

• Options
    I really should go back and play through XIII again. I loved the paradigm system.

• Options
    What's Vanille like in RK? Mage? Fighter? Ninja?

• Options
    Looks like Black Magic 4/White Magic 5/Support 2.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The 13 trilogy is one that I think time has allowed me to forgive it. I actually look back on those game with fondness now. Probably my favorite battle system, honestly. Yes, in 13-1 it takes a while to get there since the first 2/3 of the game split you into all these duos, but I just love the whole combat system once it gets established. And it carries nicely over to 13-2. Plus the music is so goddamn good.

• Options
    I kinda dug the split duos. It gave all the characters time to shine, even though I couldn't stand Snow and Hope. But the battle system? So good. Lightning/Vanille/Fang were my favorites. If I played again, I'd make an effort to use
    Sazh. Liked every scene he was in.

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I dug it while they kept forcing me into different parties and making me relearn how to play, but once I was allowed to do whatever I wanted I just put the most effective party in and never had to change it again the rest of the game.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Shamus wrote: »
    The next event is Vanille.

The amount of people having a collective heart attack on the FFRK reddit is incredible.

We're getting Vanille before Lightning? This is some weird fucking scheduling. This is the equivalent of giving out Barret, Tifa, and Red XIII all before Cloud.

And is the "heart attack" because of excitement, surprise, or fear? Is the event hard like the VIII one was in the end? Or is Vanille useful like Rydia and Terra?

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I kinda dug the split duos. It gave all the characters time to shine, even though I couldn't stand Snow and Hope. But the battle system? So good. Lightning/Vanille/Fang were my favorites. If I played again, I'd make an effort to use

I hated the duos because it felt like the game really required three people in the party to make the combat system shine. And you spent an awful lot of time with only two.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I hated the duos because it felt like the game really required three people in the party to make the combat system shine. And you spent an awful lot of time with only two.

Yeah, I liked the duos in terms of story and character development, but they were terrible for combat purposes. The game's combat is so much more fun with 3 than 2.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Come to think of it, that could be exactly why they shook that up with the party summons in XIII-2

• Options
    I absolutely hated XIII-2. The combat system was great but man the whole time warp thing and jumping around to different levels got real old real fast. I think one day I'll just use a guide and then beat it since I'm pretty sure I got lost at one point and basically screwed myself over when I took a break from the game.

• Options
    Embarrassing story time: I spent WAY too much time wandering around with Sabin and Shadow looking for the next area. I went down south to the Imperial Camp and I was used to showing up at the bottom or whatever and didn't see my character and so my natural habit is to hit UP. When I did it exited the map. I did this three times and figured that I had to avoid the Imperial Camp so I walked around the entire world map like a dozen times looking for routes around the camp. I eventually looked up a walkthrough online and it mentioned that as soon as you go to the camp Cyan shows up, which made me worried that I ran into a bug.

I walked back to the camp and walked DOWN and sure enough I moved. I think I spent 2 hours trying to find a way around. I swear I'm sometimes a smart person.

• Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I've gotten Liquid Flame to drop a batch of 3 Greater Fire Orbs on Hard a number of times now. No idea what I'll be using them for yet, but I've got about a dozen of the things for when the time comes.

Also, are there any 4-star abilities that I should be concerned with creating or honing? I have a pretty decent amount of magicite saved up, but I'm not sure what to spend it on after creating Quake.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Xavier1216 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I've gotten Liquid Flame to drop a batch of 3 Greater Fire Orbs on Hard a number of times now. No idea what I'll be using them for yet, but I've got about a dozen of the things for when the time comes.

Also, are there any 4-star abilities that I should be concerned with creating or honing? I have a pretty decent amount of magicite saved up, but I'm not sure what to spend it on after creating Quake.
    Honed Quake is good. Other popular choices are Protectga and Bladeblitz.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Do all of the various character specific weapons with Soul Breaks on them exist in the loot table outside of the special loot events? I've got 60 Mithril right now. I'm not planning on using it right now, because I do want to take advantage of the improved draw rates.

Do we know if Lightning is actually good? I might save my Mithril for the Lightning event and try to get her Soul Break weapon. Or I might wait for the Sephiroth reissue if they also do a roulette event at the same time.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yay! 10 more free mithril. Now I just need to beat 10 more story missions and I'll have another 50.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yes on the first question but the chance is really low. But you could a Buster Sword right now.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Being finished with the Celes FFRK Survival event, I was able to tear myself away from it and finish FF Type-0. I had left during the free time between missions 1 and 2 and chapter 7, and was flying around on the airship completing all the tasks for the different towns (as is typical for a FF before the end of the game). I really wanted to see the end of the game, so I went back to the main hub and started the end of the game.

I have a lot of questions now @Renzo and anyone else who finished the game. Note, major, major end game spoilers lie beyond here, so finish the game before opening the spoiler tag below.
    First of all, I was expecting the "conquer Milites" mission to be more than one boss fight against the recurring enemy. That was really anti-climatic, though he goes out in fine "worthy adversary" style, taking the nuke into space so no one else dies from it.

Aside, how was he called "the Unscathed" when he was missing an eye? /Aside

After that, everyone forgets about him, and forgets why Aria is still around, so she gets killed a brutal, and again anti-climatic fashion. What the fuck Square Enix? That was quite the gut punch.

So then they kick you back to the world map, disable the return to akademia and airship options, and tell you to return home so everyone can sing your praises. At this point it's obvious everyone at home will be brutally murdered for some reason, the question now is why? I don't actually have a good answer to that question.

What triggered the apocalypse? Why are the reavers around now? And what does that have to do with Cid Aulstyne? Did he have something to do this with this? Was that his aim for trying to control the 4 crystals? Apparently he achieved "Agito," which means reaching the peak of human achievement as far as this world is concerned, it looks like. Really disconnected here.

So you get back to base, (almost) everyone's dead, the sky is raining blood and the oceans turn black. Looks like trouble. Mutsuki, Carla, Ryid, and Quon all had scenes. Is that what you were referring to as missable, @Renzo?

Aside 2: Jack's comments in this chapter solidified him as my favorite character. "What, you think it's easy being a well-spring of positivity?"

The final dungeon was kind of neat, though there wasn't a huge amount of treasure. Choosing to be a l'cie and fighting in the Chapter of Darkness was neat for about 90 seconds, and the cutscene actually was helpful in understanding what was going on. The world was repeating or rewinding every time the apocalypse came about? Is this the source of Cater's deja vu? Otherwise, they didn't explain here deja vu.

Machina's arc was completely predictable. He was so afraid of losing something, he sought out any possible power to protect it. He then uses that exact power to kill what he was trying to protect. Could've called that in chapter 1.

It might have been because I was playing on Cadet, but it was impossible to lose the Final Boss fight? First all 12 of your characters have to die, then all 12 of them are invincible and can't die.

The ending scene was actually pretty perfect, for being a super depressing downer ending, though I was pretty sure when I first heard about this game that nothing was going to end well for anyone involved, and it turned out true. First ace is dreaming everything is back to normal and no one's dead, but oh no, it's a fake out, thanks for waking me up, Cater. Then everyone is complaining how much dying hurts. Then they start crying hysterically (as kids would and should in this situation). I felt so bad for space cadet Cinque. It was nice seeing the class come together to comfort each other. Then they started talking about a future they wouldn't have. Then they built a grave for themselves with their weapons, and died, as a group, holding each others hands, with smiles on their faces.

It was actually a really moving image.

How did Machina and Rem de-crystalize? Didn't see a great justification for that. At least they got married, right?

Did Dr. Arecia know everything from the start? What's her deal?

Still don't understand why Class Zero can cast magic during a crystal jammer. What is their source of power?

Do the ending or major points in the story change as a result of multiple play-throughs? Or does new game+ merely unlock more difficult content/misions and side stories? I put 65 hours into my first playthrough (I am overly meticulous, though), and feel like I haven't scratched the surface of what's available.

tl;dr Killing Aria was BS, Jack is the best, last scene is incredibly powerful and moving. Solid gameplay, and even though I hate downer endings, I could at least appreciate this one.
    Glad you didn't hate it like 99% of the internet seems to... :(

Before you read further, there's a video at the bottom of the Rubicus that should clear up a few things and probably pose a few more questions. There's also the samurai CG video. Watch both, then come back.

I'm going to try to answer your questions as best I can, and I will be fully explaining stuff because a lot of these explanations are interlocking, so spoilers ahoy for anyone who hasn't finished Type-0.

What triggered the apocalypse?
    Tempus Finis was triggered by "9 and 9 meet 9" (from the prophecy that Ace recites in the intro), which is what it's called when one nation of Orience takes over the entire world.

Why are the reavers around now?
    The Rursus are called upon by The Mysterious Masked Man (that black-clad being you see a grand total of one time) to murder everyone and end the world. This ties into who Arecia is, so hang on a bit.

What does that have to do with Cid Aulstyne?
    Cid tried to become Agito. He was trying to get all the Crystals to get enough power to take over the world, start Tempus Finis, become Agito, and set history on the course that he desired. Cid knew about Finis, the Rursus, and Agito all because one White Tiger l'Cie (Teo, I believe. Find his l'Cie Crystal!) was given that knowledge and that Focus by their Crystal, but died before he was able to achieve it. So he gave that knowledge to Cid, which is what sparked Cid's war for Crystals in the first place. So when things didn't go his way and the Rursus showed up, Cid still went to Pandemonium anyway and tried to defy The Mysterious Masked Man, aka Gala, a demi-god. Gala is one of two demi-gods on Orience, and both are trying to open Etro's Gate to the Unseen Realm. Gala is working for the god Lindzei. So when Cid, inside Pandemonium, discovers that his plan is over and that he has lost, he kills himself. Gala uses Cid's body and voice to test Class Zero during the final dungeon, and turns Cid into the Rursan Arbiter as a final test.

Missable cutscenes:
    Yep, you got 'em. Nothing else is missable. :)

Deja vu
    You got it exactly. Nice catch!

Boss fight
    It's impossible to lose. Some people don't like that, but I'm okay with it. I like "story fights" sometimes.

Machina and Rem
    That should have been covered in the video you just watched in the Rubicus. And I don't think it's confirmed that they married... Machina got married, but it doesn't mention him marrying Rem. I dunno, just speculation!

Arecia
    Arecia is the other demi-god, and she works for the god Pulse. While Gala tries to open Etro's Gate by murdering everyone with Rursan Reavers, Arecia thinks the way to open the gate is to use a small elite force of skilled soldiers, aka Class Zero. Class Zero gets their powers from Arecia herself. And when Arecia or Gala's plans don't pan out, they reset the world. Over 600 million times. The events of Type-0 depict the one time Arecia gets it right.

Other tidbits
    Did you notice that the ragged banner at the end is made of Class Zero's cloaks? Did you notice the montage of the rebuilding effort, with Machina and Rem becoming leaders of the reconstruction, Milites adopting the use of windmills, etc.?

Newgame+
    Newgame+ will unlock a new "What If..." ending, which is non-canon. It will also replace all the major missions from Togoreth forward with alternate missions depicting alternate or unseen events that take place during the original missions. The overall story remains the same, though.

I've been eagerly waiting to read these posts. I finally beat the game. I came to some of the same conclusions about the end. But I've also got a few questions of my own that I'm hoping someone can answer here. After I pose my questions, I'll finish with a few of my own personal thoughts and opinions of the game.
    1) Who are Tiz and Joker? I assume they are members of Class Zero? In the Truth video, they are talking to Arecia and say something to the effect of "we haven't seen you on the last couple rebirths." Why were they left behind? Why did she send two regular humans, Rem and Machina in their place? Was that a part of her winning plan? Is that the reason why this attempt succeeded? Because she put a couple normals in with the children of the gods.

2) The end guy that's talking to you says something about Class Zero being the Children of Etro. So I guess that's what makes them special. Is this supposed to be the same exact Etro from the 13 trilogy? Is that the link between worlds? They all share the same deity? Do Arecia and Gala exist somehow in the 13 Trilogy?

3) Do they explain somewhere why people are unable to remember death? I know in the Truth video Arecia says that the world will be remade so death will be remembered. But that doesn't really answer why it is forgotten in the first place.

4) Are there different endings depending on if you pick Human or L'Cie? I picked human and I don't remember anything terrible happening to Aria like what Silence described.

5) On the topic of Aria, can someone explain to me her sudden and dramatic personality change at the end? While she was the steward for Class Zero she was shy, quiet, and seemingly very sweet and loved by all. Aria's replacement repeatedly talked about how she can still remember Aria so she knows that she was alive. Why did nobody make a rescue attempt? For that matter, why didn't she just evacuate with Class Zero at the end? Wasn't she with them in the Presidential waiting room during the cease fire stuff?

6) Is the final Trial always failed? The objective said to climb to the top without getting knocked off. I did that and when I touched the portal it said "Condemned" but I'm paranoid that somehow I unknowingly screwed it up. I guess I'm just looking for peace of mind that that scenario is an always-fail situation and I did it correctly.

7) Machina going off and becoming a L'Cie was horribly telegraphed. Maybe they intended for it to be super obvious, but since they kept him masked the whole time I'm assuming they were hoping for some sort of big reveal at the end when he stabs Rem? I kept waiting for a boss fight where Class Zero has to fight L'Cie Machina. I'm glad that didn't happen because it would have been terrible.

8) Who was the Judge in the special realm they went to? As far as I recall, we never saw who the judge was. We saw Cid, and we saw Cid in his final trial form when he was under the power of the Judge, but we never saw the Judge himself. The reason I ask is this... in the Thirteen trilogy, doesn't Lightning become Etro's judge? I have a very distinct image in my mind of Lightning sitting on a throne in some sort of nether realm and looking very stern. Wasn't that why she was unavailable to directly get involved with the story in 13-2, because she was locked in some sort of eternal cycle as part of her duties as the judge? Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here, trying to link the two universes together in ways that they aren't intended to be linked, but since they both bear the Nova Crystalis tag, I've got to assume there's some sort of connection.

Changing gears a bit, here are some of my thoughts on Type-0. These aren't in any specific order. They're just various musings I had over the course of the game.

--Starting with the ending, I'm not really surprised we didn't get a happy conclusion. Final Fantasy (the series) seems to do that a lot actually. In f--act, I'd say approximately half of the games in the series end on a downer. Examples: Six has a "happy" ending, but Kefka did destroy the world before they defeated him. The badguy definitely won in that game. In 8, the ending gets super bizarre. I don't necessarily agree with the "Squall is dead" theory, but the ending of 8 certainly left a sour taste in my mouth. It's like they tried to "Romeo and Juliet" us right at the end with a fuck-you cutscene. FFX ends with the player finding out that Tidus doesn't even exist. And it's been like 15 years since I watched it, but I remember the Spirits Within movie having a very depressing ending. So anyway, I wasn't really surprised with Class Zero died.

--I don't like the mechanic of "kill the party" and have mother save them. They used that mechanic 3 times throughout the course of the game. First against the White Tiger L'Cie. Then against the 5-Star Dragon. Then against Gilgamesh on the Big Bridge scenario. Maaaaaaybe once is okay to do this. But definitely not 3 times. It completely removed me from the game and broke my immersion when they kept cheating the system to make my characters immortal. I understand that they are immortal(ish), now that I have finished the game, but that doesn't excuse sloppy game mechanics.

--Why the hell does the player get the airship so late in the game and then not really have any opportunity to use it? Furthermore, what's the purpose of being able to shoot stuff while flying? It seemed like a complete waste of time, other than for trophy credit for my platinum. (I got the platinum).

--After completing the game, I am extremely disappointed with Chocobo breeding in this game. Having better chocobos was completely pointless because the best option for any of the Sortie missions was just to use a ranged guy like Trey or King and shoot the enemy squads.

--Does this game have any sort of Ultima Weapon uber boss fights like other FF games?

--Does this game have any sort of Relic Weapons for Class Zero? I beat the game using crap weapons that I bought from some random town, I think in the Meroe region. Maybe Meroe city itself. I felt like gear and weapons were largely irrelevant in this game. I quit bothering to upgrade my dude's gear. Maybe it matters more on NG+ or Agito difficulty, but on Cadet I found gear to be unimportant.

--Gotta say I'm very disappointed with the character development of Class Zero. Little bits of personality were squeaked out here and there, but overall we have no idea who any of these kids are. They all seem to look up to Queen as their leader, but from what I could tell, the only reason they did so was because of her level-headed intellect. She was kind of like their "field mom" who kept them in check in the absence of Mother (Arecia). But we know so little about the rest of them. I wish we knew more about their relationships with each other, specifically. These are teenagers after all. Surely there are some romantic interests within the group? In my mind I paired off King and Queen together, even though there was really no indication of any interest between them. Likewise, I paired off Seven and Nine together, just because they showed up in multiple cutscenes together over the course of the game.

--Are there any other alternate uniforms besides the Summer Wear that I got after getting something like 200 kills with each dude? The Summer outfits were like a million times better than their default outfits.

--What was the point of all of those items I could buy from different stores in the random world-map towns? For example, in McTighe, the first town, there's a guy selling like 8-10 items with the icon of a wrapped present. I bought all of his items from him and never found a use for them, so when I got to the next town and the next and the next and each one had a guy selling random crap items, I quit buying them just because I never found a purpose for them.

--Overall, I'd say the combat was a lot of fun, and even though the story was pants-on-head stupid, I still enjoyed the game. It wasn't even that the story was bad. It's just that it was convoluted, intentionally confusing in places, and some of the most important info was buried in secret videos in the codex entries. They made a whole lot of leaps where things happened and then they just filled you in with footnotes later. The story would have been much better if they had spent the time to flesh everything out more. Explain who the principle characters were better. Give us a better sense of who the villains were. Let us see their motivations. Let us understand the 4 nations better. Basically, they put too much of the important stuff into the codex and into random exposition. This game would have improved drastically if they had taken more of a "show don't tell" method of storytelling.

--Lastly, I'm going to set this game aside for now. But my experience with it was positive enough that I will likely revisit it again in the future. Not right away, but maybe in a few years I'll pop it back into my PS4 and start a new game on a harder difficulty.

Sorry to keep you waiting, @Lucascraft
    1. Tiz and Joker are mentioned in some supplementary material in the Rubicus. In previous cycles, they were part of Class Zero. At some point, they were removed or left or repurposed. They also have the same face models and voice actors as Machina and Rem, though I'm not sure of the significance of that.

2. I thought "Children of Etro" was just a way to say "human" in a "God insulting a god" kind of way. I'm not really sure.

3. Yes, the crystals are to blame for that. It's never explained why, but that's how. Part of Arecia's "remaking" of the world is removing the crystals.

4. There is a slightly different ending, but it only takes 5-10 minutes from choosing l'Cie to get it. It's more of a game over than an ending. It's still pretty cool though.

5. Most Aria cutscenes are optional and quite a few are only in the Rubicus. You may have missed them.

6. Yes, the final trial always fails. I don't know why.

7. Yeah, I think everyone knew who the Mysterious l'Cie was...

8. As far as I know, it was Gala controlling Cid's body like a puppet.

The airship lets you get to the harder dungeons and some other endgame challenges. As long as you got the airship, NG+ will start with it already in the docking bay.

Yeah, I don't really see the need for getting all the chocobo breeds. Not like FFVII.

There are 4 major dungeons of varying difficulty, the Tower of Agito, the Gilgamesh battles in playthrough 3, and the Nox Suzaku superboss.

The final weapons are all earned in playthrough 3 by fighting and beating Gilgamesh once each with every member of Class Zero alone.

There are 4 total outfits. I don't know how to unlock the other two. They are both ceremonial-style outfits, and one is a golden palette swap of the other.

Agreed on the storytelling. It's incredibly, hilariously fractured. If you're looking for a traditionally told story, this is not it. If you like unlocking and digging through all the text in the game like an archaeologist, then this is right up your alley.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Anything special I should prep for the new event? Still farming Fire Ship crystals in case I want to buy anything.

This discussion has been closed.