Options

Jesus Christ, you people [chat] like rabbits

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Haha -- Brian Urlacher got fined $100k by the NFL for wearing a non-NFL approved sponsor's cap at the Super Bowl media day.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    What is her reasoning? Is it the thimerosal-mercury-autism bullshit?
    www.quackwatch.com will fuck her shit up.
    Yes, yes it is.

I love you now. <3

Here's the TLDR version:
    Autism rates have been rising everywhere, including in countries where thimerosal isn't used.
    Autism rates in the US have been rising most dramatically since 1980, but thimerosal saw widespread use in vaccines in the US starting in 1970.
    In countries where thimerosal has been discontinued, autism growth rates have not changed.
    Autism does not have the same symptoms as mercury poisoning, despite a superficial similarity.
    Autistic children do not show an altered reaction to mercury nor elevated blood levels of mercury compared to non-autistic children.

I don't think I'll have to do anything, this is what she wrote after continued demands of proof:
    Elsa Moon wrote:
    my youngest is awake right now, Im going to have to do this later, sorry

Just to innoculate you (ha-ha) against possible stupidity, any study based on VAERS (Vaccination Adverse Event Reporting System) is worthless (by the way, this includes some studies by a couple guys named Geiers that get bandied about a lot). Why? Because it's a reporting system. I can report that my child got autism from a vaccine, that doesn't mean it actually happened that way.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    hey senj
    did suckin' dick buy that van?
    what of it

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i am still plaiyng pokemon
    Are they out yet?

Elendil on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    sunday
    oh god it's sunday

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Is it just more Pokemon or have they updated the play mechanic at all?

• Options
    edited April 2007
    sunday
    oh god it's sunday
    sunday bloody sunday?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Carly Simon—Come Upstairs
    Phil Collins—Face Value
    Hawaii Calls: Hawaiian Strings
    The Doors—The Soft Parade
    Journey—Escape

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    The game mechanic is updated, yes.
    There are now physical attacks and special attacks. Physical attacks, even ones with designated types such as electric or ground such as Aerial Ace, are based on the attack score. "Magic" type attacks such as Thunderbolt and Hyper Beam are based on the Special Attack score.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There are now physical attacks and special attacks. Physical attacks, even ones with designated types such as electric or ground such as Aerial Ace, are based on the attack score. "Magic" type attacks such as Thunderbolt and Hyper Beam are based on the Special Attack score.

So, not really very much. Unless you really really care.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Phil Collins—Face Value
    Journey—Escape
    Beastie Boys - Girls
    Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
    Death in Vegas - Girls

edit: Guess the iTunes search word I used, win a penny

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, if you're going up against a ghost and use a physical move that used to work on it, such as Drill Peck, then it's going to be a bit different.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Soooo ... same game, new Pokemon. Got it.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Duran Duran - Girls on Film

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

That's uh, totally different than how the attacks used to work, but whatever.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just to innoculate you (ha-ha) against possible stupidity, any study based on VAERS (Vaccination Adverse Event Reporting System) is worthless (by the way, this includes some studies by a couple guys named Geiers that get bandied about a lot). Why? Because it's a reporting system. I can report that my child got autism from a vaccine, that doesn't mean it actually happened that way.
    *vividly takes notes*

Too bad the debate is on gaia, eventually it'll be teenagers screaming at each other that their mom is a faggot or something. :| Oh well, hopefully I can poke some holes in her facts and maybe convince some people to not buy into the propaganda.

I'm off to bed now, nightynight [chat]

t Kusu: I like what you're listening to. <_<>_>

Aldo on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

If you don't know what STAB is, you don't care. At all.

VishNub on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

i think they were looking for something more

hmm

significant

you know

fundamental to the game itself

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Phil Collins—Face Value
    Journey—Escape
    Beastie Boys - Girls
    Death in Vegas - Girls

white

I am pretty happy with my purchases. Now I’m going to read a guide about how to convert records to digital audio and get all confused.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kusu is overly fond of the phrase ‘such as’.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    man whatever i think that's a pretty big difference

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Phil Collins—Face Value
    Journey—Escape
    Beastie Boys - Girls
    Death in Vegas - Girls

Boys?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

it's an attack mechanic

that's all they changed

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    N******? I kid....

damn I wish I could listen to music at work :(

drinkinstout on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I know you love me
    I wanna wad you up into my life
    Let's roll up to be a single star in the sky

:whistle:

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    BOYS BOYS BOYS

stilist on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    are any of the splinter cells worth getting for PC?

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »

it's an attack mechanic

that's all they changed

attack mechanics are pretty big in pokemon

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I know you love me

I love the soundtrack even though I’ve never played the game.

stilist on
  • Options
    YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I know you love me

I love the soundtrack even though I’ve never played the game.
    SO GOOD

Actually, it's really good in the background but I don't enjoy it very much when I listen to it actively.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    so's yer ma

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    PRAISE JESUS THE THREAD HAS LASTED 101 PAGES

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »

it's an attack mechanic

that's all they changed

that's not all they changed, sport
    The gameplay of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl is very similar to that of previous Pokémon RPGs, with several changes and additions.
    Within each species, Pokémon now feature varying levels of sexual dimorphism, including aspects such as differently sized or absent distinctive physical features. For example, a female Wooper has smaller antennae than its male counterpart[7] and a male Scizor has a smaller abdomen than a female.

New abilities, such as “Belligerence” and “Natural”, have been added. Baby Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl, such as Roselia’s pre-evolution Budew, can be found in the wild, whereas in previous generations attaining one usually required breeding.

In previous generations, Pokémon attacks were deemed "physical" or "special" based on their type (for example, all Fire type moves were special and all Ground type moves were physical). Starting with Diamond and Pearl, moves are now catergorized into three groups based on how they are executed.[8] Examples of this include the move Fire Punch now being physical, Gust being special, and moves that did no damage being put in an as of now unnamed third group.

Pokémon Contests, events where one’s Pokémon compete in a show of sorts to win ribbons, return from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire as “Super Contests”, with similarities and differences.[6] Super Contests consist of three rounds. In the Visual Judgment round, players utilize the Nintendo DS’s stylus to place accessories and objects on their Pokémon to appeal to a particular trait, such as “Cool” or “Cute”, and earn points. In the Dance Judgment round, Pokémon compete with opponents in a test of rhythm and balance. The final round, Performance Judgment, is identical in premise to Pokémon Contests of the third generation of games; Pokémon use their techniques strategically to appeal to the judges and crowd. Assuming the same role as Pokéblocks in the 3rd generation, baked goods called Poffins[9] can be made through use of the touchscreen and fed to Pokémon in order to increase certain traits and, consequently, the likelihood of success in a relevant Contest.

First introduced in Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl features sensitivity to the time of day and day of the week, which is reflected in a number of facets, such as the lighting of the overworld and locations of non-player characters, the availability of certain species of Pokémon, and even the lighting during battles. The scale of the day and night cycle has grown from the original cycle of morning, day, and night; Diamond and Pearl's cycle features five different time periods: morning, day, afternoon, evening and night.[10]

A new device called the Pokétch, resembling a wristwatch, can be obtained and plays host to a wide variety of features, including a time management system, a calculator, a map, a counter, a wireless link up search, and drawing pad.[11]

Below Sinnoh is a large underground area, used for multiplayer gaming.[12] Players can create and decorate secret bases (first featured in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire) and participate in minigames, one of which will allow the player to unearth fossilized Pokémon such as Cranidos and Shieldon. These Pokémon, as well as Mikaruge, can only be obtained by exploring this underground area.

Diamond and Pearl employ support for the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, allowing players to trade, battle and communicate through voice chat online.[5] The main system for trade is the Global Trade Station trading system. This allows players to search for any Pokémon they have seen on a worldwide scale, with the resulting list showing people around the world who are willing to trade that Pokémon, as well as the Pokémon they want in return for it.[13] The trade does not have to be instant and an offer can be left for other players to browse and complete, even while the player is offline. Some centers serve different purposes - one allows the player to enter battles against friends over an internet connection, while another allows the player to enter the Pokémon Union, a chat room in which the player can communicate with others on the player's Friends List.[14]

Along with the fifty existing Technical Machines (TMs), which teach Pokémon a new move, forty-two new TMs have been added to the game while the previous fifty have been retained, bringing the total to ninety-two. This marks the first time an entire fifty-TM set has been left intact between generations, and the first time the total number has exceeded fifty (fifty-eight counting HMs). Two of the eight Hidden Machines (HMs), which, like TMs, teach Pokémon a new move (but permanently), have also been changed, and HM Flash has been converted to a TM.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kusu, is that boxcar racer song a Bad Religion cover?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, I'm halfway through Watchmen.

Next: Transmetropolitan, Sandman, or Preacher?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sandman

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    So, I'm halfway through Watchmen.

Next: Transmetropolitan, Sandman, or Preacher?

Sandman.

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    PRAISE JESUS THE THREAD HAS LASTED 101 PAGES

So I take it you missed the 120's.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kusu, is that boxcar racer song a Bad Religion cover?

no idea

what are the lyrics

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Transmetropolitan.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.