Options

Jesus Christ, you people [chat] like rabbits

• Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    goddamnit i give up it is absolutely impossible to hold a rational logic-oriented coversation with anyone about the Virginia Tech shootings

EDIT: turnin' on da WoW, tty'all later

That's why I don't bother.

There's nothing logical or sensible about such violence. It's hard for a logical, sensible discussion to spring from something so tragic. I'm not saying it's impossible but...

The argument in that thread has devolved into two sides: we need to find out why he did this vs. he's fucking crazy there's no reason behind it.

Whee.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I missed Haps! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    goddamnit i give up it is absolutely impossible to hold a rational logic-oriented coversation with anyone about the Virginia Tech shootings
    Or it could just be that your whole "compassion" angle is horseshit.
    What fucking "compassion" angle? We canned that shit a long time ago. Now it's about fucking ... nevermind. I'm done with it, like I said. Next time, look into what the people are actually saying instead of the sound bytes, or the article headlines, or the quotes of mine that they published out of context. They mention where the full source is-- it's there for the reading if you want to go and criticize it or whatever, but I'm not going to fucking answer for it because I'm goddamn done with it.

Let's go with what that guy said in the thread. "There is no rational cause for irrational actions."

Let's just go with that, notwithstanding the problems it presents.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »

EDIT: turnin' on da WoW, tty'all later

That's why I don't bother.

There's nothing logical or sensible about such violence. It's hard for a logical, sensible discussion to spring from something so tragic. I'm not saying it's impossible but...

The argument in that thread has devolved into two sides: we need to find out why he did this vs. he's fucking crazy there's no reason behind it.

Whee.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw myself in the ring.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I also like the intimation that "psychotropic drugs may have saved him!" instead of "psychotropic drugs may have driven him insane!"

I'm also curious about these tapes he made, but also deeply disturbed and uncertain if I will be able to watch them.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fuck all you soulless people finding no humor in Tenacious D.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Or it could just be that your whole "compassion" angle is horseshit.
    What fucking "compassion" angle? We canned that shit a long time ago. Now it's about fucking ... nevermind. I'm done with it, like I said. Next time, look into what the people are actually saying instead of the sound bytes, or the article headlines, or the quotes of mine that they published out of context. They mention where the full source is-- it's there for the reading if you want to go and criticize it or whatever, but I'm not going to fucking answer for it because I'm goddamn done with it.

Let's go with what that guy said in the thread. "There is no rational cause for irrational actions."

Let's just go with that, notwithstanding the problems it presents.

Saying that there's no rational cause for irrational actions does not mean that you can't try to prevent irrational actions. I think the word "rational" is being ill-used in that thread. Try sane. There's nothing sane that leads to murdering 30+ people in that manner. Doesn't mean you can't work to stop it, though.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I also like the intimation that "psychotropic drugs may have saved him!" instead of "psychotropic drugs may have driven him insane!"

I'm also curious about these tapes he made, but also deeply disturbed and uncertain if I will be able to watch them.

The parallels between his videos and the Columbine kids are striking.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    EDIT: la la la la gonna play WoW

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

They're playing on the 24 news networks now.

HI5!

_J_ on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    The register chick at gamestop claimed that Bioshock was canceled, because they didn't have it in their system.

Doc on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    I have yet to find anything funny about Tenacious D.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Is now the right time to admit that I subscribe to Columbine conspiracy theories involving extra shooters? There was at least one, probably two other people involved in that based on what I've read, and the cover-up for it is weird. The whole thing is weird.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think I'm going to be a bad person and start the thread that we really need in the place of the gun control thread before I go to class.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Is now the right time to admit that I subscribe to Columbine conspiracy theories involving extra shooters? There was at least one, probably two other people involved in that based on what I've read, and the cover-up for it is weird. The whole thing is weird.

O_o

I never even knew there were conspiracy theories. Links?

Glaeal on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

It is never the right time, entropykid.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, you guys chat way too much.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fuck you old man. We ain't slowin' down fo' nobody!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Just google "Columbine cover up."

If what I read is at all reliable, they were fairly blatant about it.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think it's his heft. He can't keep up.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    The register chick at gamestop claimed that Bioshock was canceled, because they didn't have it in their system.
    You should have asked her to look up her name in the system, and if it wasn't there, did it mean she doesn't exist?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    They were probably cops' kids.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Cass is like Dyna with boobs

Pshaw, Dynagrip has boobs. I've seen him lactate. His milk is warm and refreshing!

Now I've never going to sleep again

A nice, warm glass of Dynamilk will help with that.

worst return on an ego search ever

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »

Or aliens.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Edgewood wrote: »
    Cass is like Dyna with boobs

Pshaw, Dynagrip has boobs. I've seen him lactate. His milk is warm and refreshing!

Now I've never going to sleep again

A nice, warm glass of Dynamilk will help with that.

worst return on an ego search ever

Then I succeeded.

Drez on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Tenacious D is awesome. You guys are just too lame for it. I mean shit, you probably think being a pirate or a ninja or both would be lame.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Tenacious D is awesome. You guys are just too lame for it. I mean shit, you probably think being a pirate or a ninja or both would be lame.

Robot pirate ninja?

Debate topic: does roboticism detract from pirate ninjary or not?

Drez on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So the shooting thread birthed the gun control thread, and the gun control thread birthed an armed revolution thread.

I sense a dynasty emerging.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That is one of the proposed motives I read, yes.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Also, some have suggested that the confusion surrounding whether or not Cassie Bernall was slain for believing in God was deliberately exacerbated by Christians in an attempt to bolster the popularity of their faith by presenting a simple victim as a martyr.
    I find that difficult to believe.

Elendil on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    So the shooting thread birthed the gun control thread, and the gun control thread birthed an armed revolution thread.

I sense a dynasty emerging.

begot is more fun to say.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    red, what the hell is your av from?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    You should have asked her to look up her name in the system, and if it wasn't there, did it mean she doesn't exist?

*register chick dissapears in a puff of logic*

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    red, what the hell is your av from?
    Which one?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The thing I read had extremely strong evidence pointing to accomplices and a concerted effort by investigators to keep the investigation only on Kliebold and Harris. There could be many motives for that, but just covering up something like an accomplice is weird.

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

Dude, it's not the greatest song ever. It's just a tribute.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I WANNA KNOW
    RAMONA AM I THE ONLY ONE TELL ME
    SHE SAID
    "YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE BUT YOU'RE THE BEST BRADLEY"

oh sublime i miss you

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    which one?

they are all from various anime and games.

It is probably janice from chrono cross

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    chrono trigger is better

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

Robot pirate ninja?

Debate topic: does roboticism detract from pirate ninjary or not?

Do I have to become a robot or can I just put my brain in a robot body?

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.