As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [NHL] Thread

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    By the time this game is done Doc will be dead.

Happily, he's my third option tonight. <3 CBC

Anyway, we've elected to go with Red Wings Classic (TM) tonight. This is a 1-0 loss on a goal that bounces off at least three guys on its way to the net waiting to happen.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    This is a 1-0 loss on a goal that bounces off at least three guys on its way to the net waiting to happen.

Hmmmm...

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Atrocious play by Quincey. Reverse the puck to DeKeyser and it's an easy breakout, instead he turns into two forecheckers.

• Options
    Tampa will get a 2nd when they catch someone pinching up

• Options
    Ha! Offsetting penalties cause goal against the Wings to be called off in game 7. Seen that one before

• Options
    I can't tell if they're chanting 'ref you suck'. Or 'red wings suck'.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure it's the former.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Detroit seems to have lost the plot.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Tampa got the break, got the crowd and shut the game down.

Go Canadiens

• Options
    Not a very good team that won't make the playoffs without the best coach in hockey next year. Barring dramatic improvement.

The roster is just not that good, especially for playoff hockey.

• Options
    obolon84obolon84 Good news, everyone! I just blue myself.Registered User regular
    Was that not a holding penalty on Killorn on the first goal? To me, it looked like he was just holding Quincey down on the ice and didn't let him go until the puck was in the net.

bJnuewi.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I managed to only get one wrong pick in the first round, but of course my luck is I picked the Blues to go to the final. :bigfrown:

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm rooting for Calgary and Tampa, but mostly just good hockey.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    At least the only goal wasn't scored on the most ridiculous missed offsides call I've ever seen.

• Options
    obolon84 wrote: »
    Was that not a holding penalty on Killorn on the first goal? To me, it looked like he was just holding Quincey down on the ice and didn't let him go until the puck was in the net.

No such thing.

Even in the regular season. Unless you sit on them for, literally, 2 minutes.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Go Habs, Flames, Wild, and Rangers (Hagelins), btw.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Has the second round TV schedule been posted?? Even though I know I will only get to watch the Montreal and Calgary series' anyway.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Has the second round TV schedule been posted?? Even though I know I will only get to watch the Montreal and Calgary series' anyway.

Oh wow, Calgary series on Sportsnet, lots of games on CBC in the evening!

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Yay Tampa Bay.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Go Flames and Habs!

I mean, I think this is the round that my hopes and dreams are dashed against the shores....but....

Go Flames and Habs!

Nova_C on
  • Options
    I can still have my Calgary - Montreal dream final!

• Options
    *Desperately worships the hockey gods*

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I can still have my Calgary - Montreal dream final!

Let's pretend it's 1989 all over again!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    There is a guy at work (Wings fan) on midnights who HATES it when anyone would talk about the scores during the night. Not just the playoffs, but through the entire season. He would lose it anytime people brought up the scores and spoiled it for him, even if he wasn't around and walked into the middle of the conversation. Now, I have a Lightning/Stamkos jersey from before the rebrand happened. I really really wanted to wear it in this morning just for him to see me cause the guy is really annoying and I can be kind of an asshole like that. Fate intervened. I slept in and was late. :(

Jayricho on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    There is a guy at work (Wings fan) on midnights who HATES it when anyone would talk about the scores during the night. Not just the playoffs, but through the entire season. He would lose it anytime people brought up the scores and spoiled it for him, even if he wasn't around and walked into the middle of the conversation. Now, I have a Lightning/Stamkos jersey from before the rebrand happened. I really really wanted to wear it in this morning just for him to see me cause the guy is really annoying and I can be kind of an asshole like that. Fate intervened. I slept in and was late. :(

You could always make the joke "Man I was as late as the Wings were on defense last night."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    As someone who has to watch hockey on DVR most of the time

It's really annoying to have games spoiled... but also I actively avoid things like this thread, nhl.com, facebook, until i've watched the game

Central Virginia isn't really hockeyland, though, so it's really unlikely I'd have a passerby spoil a game when having a conversation I happen to overhear.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I just like to give this guy special treatment because he is the worst. He's that guy who doesn't want to hear about anything until he's seen it, but man if you mention a movie you want to watch he'll tell you the whole plot so you don't even have to bother.

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    I just like to give this guy special treatment because he is the worst. He's that guy who doesn't want to hear about anything until he's seen it, but man if you mention a movie you want to watch he'll tell you the whole plot so you don't even have to bother.

You work with inconsiderate cell phone man?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well, if the guy sucks, my opinion changes slightly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    is it 7:30 yet?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Maguano wrote: »
    is it 8:00 yet?

I want to watch my Flames get trounced by Anaheim.

:(

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Maguano wrote: »
    is it 8:00 yet?

I want to watch my Flames get trounced by Anaheim.

:(

Ducks Fly Together... Into a jet engine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Edmonton Oilers, you have failed this city!
    11149316_573823672721276_970138705001391704_n.jpg?oh=6a9028246adc52e442075bbc15c380ce&oe=55CD41C7

• Options
    Well at least you know he can put shots on goal. In more ways than one guy has like two kids.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Go Flames and Habs!

I mean, I think this is the round that my hopes and dreams are dashed against the shores....but....

Go Flames and Habs!

THIS! You and me both want this. Here's 3 great reasons.
    1. All Canadian final baby!
    2. Gary Bettman gets to cry into his pillow every night as mainstream American viewship just evaporates, like his soul did years ago. He is then forced by the gods of Hockey Past to get rid of the floundering southern teams, restart the Quebec Nordiques, and finally give the stubble-jumpers in Saskatchewan a hockey team since all the greatest players seem to be birthed there anyhow.
    3. We get to watch the most storied team in NHL history hoist the cup. A fitting end since they were the last Canadian team to hoist the cup 22 years ago.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Decius wrote: »
    Go Flames and Habs!

Go Flames and Habs!

THIS! You and me both want this. Here's 3 great reasons.
    1. All Canadian final baby!
    2. Gary Bettman gets to cry into his pillow every night as mainstream American viewship just evaporates, like his soul did years ago. He is then forced by the gods of Hockey Past to get rid of the floundering southern teams, restart the Quebec Nordiques, and finally give the stubble-jumpers in Saskatchewan a hockey team since all the greatest players seem to be birthed there anyhow.
    3. We get to watch the most storied team in NHL history hoist the cup. A fitting end since they were the last Canadian team to hoist the cup 22 years ago.

No, see, you got the date wrong. The Flames won 26 years ago.

• Options
    Not watching the game, but I see from the espn gamecast that ovechkin scored a goal from the ovechkin spot on the powerplay.

In other news, sky blue. Rain wet.

• Options
    Decius wrote: »
    the most storied team in NHL history
    The Flames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    What's the closest fangraphs/football outsiders/bp analogue for hockey?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453