Options

[Game Grumps] This thread is laughably naive.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pre-order culture... has changed. Because nanomachines, son. Or something.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    My god.

This Amiibo game just gets more and more shit.

Edit: But thankfully the commentary is gold.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    My god.

This Amiibo game just gets more and more shit.

Edit: But thankfully the commentary is gold.

It definitely seems like it works well as a "let's play" game, rather than one you play for personal enjoyment.

More of a conversation piece, rather than something functional, if you will.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    A reminder that Brian quit being a professor and stuff to do YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfBrGGC1Xs

• Options
    Quite frankly, with the way the job market in science is going right now I don't blame him.

Shit, I have a degree in Microbiology and now I write video games for a living. So it's a thing.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wish I wrote video games for a living.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I wish I wrote video games for a living.

I would never go back to science and I imagine that Brian is feeling much the same way.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Science works well for development though. Critical thinking is vastly more important than anything else for us.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Looks like The Grumps have jumped networks to Seananners and Syndicates network
    <Link Removed> 3BDNetwork claims the Game Grumps
    Pretty sure this is Jetpack that Nanners started. They got some goofs on the same network they can work with now.

I really....REALLY want Mr Sark on Grump Cade.

*edit* Removed the link. Realized it was estimating their daily income and that always leads to weird conversations.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    It was a pretty rough estimate
    Like estimating the graphics power of the NX to be somewhere between GameCube and PlayStation 50

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    So they're earning about 8 Gamecubes duct-taped together? Seems reasonable.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Interesting, I don't recognize any of the other YouTubers on that network. I wonder why they went there.

• Options
    I've come across Seananners before, back in the very early days of Minecraft. His videos were what got me interested in it initially.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    A crash course in some of the people on the new network that I'm aware of.

SeaNanners and Mr. Sark are former Machinima from the old Respawn days with Hutch and APL. They mostly play G-Mod games with their circles of friends and have recently branched off into some H1Z1 Battle Royale.

SeaNanners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH6JrFCCpjU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=004TmkkzTyI

Mr. Sark is the weirder one of the bunch. But depending on the game. You get super into it Sark or WHO GAVE SARK A COPY OF CALL OF DUTY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SV7BfeTLeI
    The Tag Team of Mr. Sark, Sandy Ravage, and Fick Moley
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQK4stmnLjQ

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I watched Gassymexican's playlists for TTT and Murder while I exercised. It was fun to watch Seananners go from "We have to lie to eachother?" to being a monster.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    tsplitter wrote: »
    I watched Gassymexican's playlists for TTT and Murder while I exercised. It was fun to watch Seananners go from "We have to lie to eachother?" to being a monster.

#NeverTrustNanners

You are a plaything and he will use his lies to make the puppets dance to his tune.

• Options
    That ending was utterly hilarious.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Wow, what a bullshit game. I can not believe that happened.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0Oe8Em99o
    don't know who this is on suzy's right but he's loud and obnoxious
    Ricepirate wrote:
    For those that thought I was fucking loud and obnoxious : I don't disagree. After nabbing that many bananas in a row and throughout the game, I simply couldn't contain all that pent up banana-rage. Sorry 'bout your ears, call me if i owe you new headphones.

ok i forgive you, this time

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't play video game board games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That's Ricepirate, he's a voice actor and animator, from back in the Newgrounds days. He's part of SleepyCabin, Oney's podcast/animation group.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    That's Ricepirate, he's a voice actor and animator, from back in the Newgrounds days. He's part of SleepyCabin, Oney's podcast/animation group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3nCXkGFGFo

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    That is a fucking Mario Party ending if I ever saw it.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    That's almost exactly what happened when I watched the grumps play that game on a stream, only it was suzy who benefitted

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So Ross and Barry are having an argument about whether or not Mew SHOULD come before Mewtwo in Pokedex order. Barry says yes, Ross says no. Who's right? Voice your opinion now!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    first of all, of course mew is before mewtwo
    second of all, who is actually going to side with ross

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Mew isn't even really in the game (thank you Gameshark) so by default Mewtwo had to get No.150 lest they "spoil" the fact that Mew is a real Pokemon

Looking back now the whole New/Mewtwo plotline is pretty fucked up. Even in the movie Mewtwo is genuinely terrifying, the closest thing to a Frankenstein analog in the series.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that since it's a kids' property, they gloss over the... failures... when they were researching creating Mewtwo.

I like to imagine there's a lab somewhere with an Alien Resurrection-esque room full of horrific failures that are begging for someone to end their suffering.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It depends on what you're looking at.

In the game's universe, Mew would be recorded before Mewtwo, since Mew existed first, and would therefore have an entry before Mewtwo existed. So in that interpretation, Mewtwo would be 151, if Mewtwo would even be given an entry, being a singular entity instead of a species.

But outside the game's universe, Mew is meant to be a secret, and you can get Mewtwo before Mew is made available, which is why Mew is 151 in the game's pokedex.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Don't know how Gameshark's function, but Mew is obtainable in the game I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyN-KiZWNLg

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    I'd kinda like it if they made Mew the 150th Pokemon and Mewtwo the secret 151st 'mon in a future Gen I remake.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Well, "logically" Mew should be listed before Mewtwo, but the Pokedex is not ordered by "this Pokemon existed first". If that were the case, all the fossil Pokemon should be at the start of the dex.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Wow, what a bullshit game. I can not believe that happened.

It's not the bullshit ending I was expecting, but it's still pretty bullshit.

What I was expecting
    There's a golden bell tree that can appear under certain circumstances, and it gives something like 99K bells to whoever lands on it

Or something to that effect, I saw it happen with somebody streaming the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I don't get it. Mew doesn't evolve in to Mewtwo, so it doesn't matter what order they're in.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Maz- wrote: »
    Well, "logically" Mew should be listed before Mewtwo, but the Pokedex is not ordered by "this Pokemon existed first". If that were the case, all the fossil Pokemon should be at the start of the dex.

Well, unless the fossil Pokemon weren't actually known and recorded until after a bunch of the modern-day Pokemon were. You know, since until recently they were just about extinct.

Meanwhile, researchers were doing a bunch of Mew-centric experiments and such before the first Mewtwo existed, so of course there would be data entries about Mew first. You find a bunch of those entries in the burnt-out mansion on Cinnabar.

I'm not arguing for "which one existed first," per se. Rather, it's "which one did scientists know about first?" With the fossil Pokemon, those answers are different, but for Mew and Mewtwo, they're the same.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Didn't Professor Oak invent the Pokedex? If so, he's the one who determines pokedex numbers. He can do it as arbitrary as he wants.

He also fucked up by putting male and female Nidoran in different entries.

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    Didn't Professor Oak invent the Pokedex? If so, he's the one who determines pokedex numbers. He can do it as arbitrary as he wants.

He also fucked up by putting male and female Nidoran in different entries.

He can't remember the name of his own grandson, I wouldn't trust that guy

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    ARE YOU A BOY OR A GIRL

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options