As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Italian Front [Chat]

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    If discussing the details here is a HIPAA violation, is it possible that the root of the incident was also a HIPAA violation?

I'm going to piss into the wind and guess it was a nurse making some crude jokes about a patient and their health problems, or, their status.

I'm not saying you're wrong or right, but the context of the situation made it all that much worse, and what the nurse in question did was fucking degrading

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    If discussing the details here is a HIPAA violation, is it possible that the root of the incident was also a HIPAA violation?

I'm going to piss into the wind and guess it was a nurse making some crude jokes about a patient and their health problems, or, their status.

Pissing in the wind is a HIPAA violation and also violates the Pissocratic Oath.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Eating ice cream for breakfast.

Funemployment.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

It totally was.

But that's not the fight I want to have here.

An anonymous reporting to HHS might work too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    All I've got to say is that kids today are so much better than we (at least, me and my peers) were when we were kids.

I told my 5 year old that 'sometimes boys are born with girl parts, sometimes girls are born with boy parts' and all she said is 'everyone is born different' and went back to playing.

When I wasn't much older, 'that's gay' was synonymous and used as often as 'that sucks' and we played 'smear the q-' without thinking about it.

So the world - slightly less horrible than before.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    For real tho I would love to see more out-of-character ensemble cast dancing at the end of movie

So you're saying more western movies should be like bollywood

No. Dancing and singing only at the end

So like Slumdog Millionaire

JAI HO

JAI HOOOO

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    straight to obama

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Funemployment.

Jacqueline???

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I'm not saying you're wrong or right, but the context of the situation made it all that much worse, and what the nurse in question did was fucking degrading
    @bowen looks like you didn't piss in your own face ;)

• Options
    For real tho I would love to see more out-of-character ensemble cast dancing at the end of movie

JAI HO

JAI HOOOO

"Ho" is offensive. We prefer the more PC term "cumdumpster," thank you.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

Funemployment.

Jacqueline???

idgi

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

JAI HO

JAI HOOOO

That movie was the most overrated thing ever

• Options

Yeah I was making absolutely no judgement calls there, believe-you-me.

I've been privy to a lot of those conversations as an IT guy in healthcare and it makes me :bigfrown: every time.

These are the people in charge of your health and they will make flippant conversation and jokes at your expense too.

You flip this at its face and how would an average Joe feel if the nurse that was cleaning up his colostomy made a joke at their expense. That's degrading and you're supposed to be a better person as a healthcare provider.

I've heard some pretty mean jokes from doctors too.

Ugh.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    150427_1430182201.png

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    All I've got to say is that kids today are so much better than we (at least, me and my peers) were when we were kids.

I told my 5 year old that 'sometimes boys are born with girl parts, sometimes girls are born with boy parts' and all she said is 'everyone is born different' and went back to playing.

When I wasn't much older, 'that's gay' was synonymous and used as often as 'that sucks' and we played 'smear the q-' without thinking about it.

So the world - slightly less horrible than before.

that's because the adults are better, holmes

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

JAI HO

JAI HOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenAIw95L-s

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

I've been privy to a lot of those conversations as an IT guy in healthcare and it makes me :bigfrown: every time.

These are the people in charge of your health and they will make flippant conversation and jokes at your expense too.

You flip this at its face and how would an average Joe feel if the nurse that was cleaning up his colostomy made a joke at their expense. That's degrading and you're supposed to be a better person as a healthcare provider.

Ugh.
    Doctors are some of the worst HIPPA violators. I had to surgically remove x from this mans ass. Followed by joke about the last time he had to do remove something from someones ass. That is not something you want to hear from an ER surgeon.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    There's no Wikipedia article which lists all films that have dancing during the credits. What is this 1998?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

@bowen looks like you didn't piss in your own face ;)

Working in a clinic...

You have no idea how often I'm right about this.

I've made some crude jokes here about even this topic, but it pales in comparison to some of the stuff I've overheard.

At the end of the day when I make my joke I feel terrible and need to shower the filth off myself... but these people ... they smile when they do these jokes. Right to your face. They're bullies.

I'm going to put myself out there right now, but, to this day, I still feel terrible about the joke I said in response to nerdgasmic.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Ugh.

my mom has a nasty habit of spilling a bunch of embarrassing details about her patients at the house.

she'll also sit there and be like "how could these people do this to themselves"

• Options
    I like you all, so if I ever make a cruel joke.. I'm sorry and probably didn't mean it and was being dumb.

Don't hold it against me and make a big showing that I go around and pat myself on the back though.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Damn 9 words above the world limit. So I should probably try to cut 15 words.

Damn.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Damn.

Are they really hardlined about the word limits?

I always figured those limits were "I don't want to read 18 pages about your topic, but if you're a half page over the limit... that's okay."

• Options

Funemployment.

Jacqueline???

idgi

I know someone named Jacqueline.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Damn.

Write cocks 2 less times

• Options

Damn.

I always figured those limits were "I don't want to read 18 pages about your topic, but if you're a half page over the limit... that's okay."

This is for publication in a professional news letter my agency puts out. So yes they are pretty strict. If it was a class I would be like, whelp that is done!

I mean I have boiled a 9 page published article to 659 words. I need 650 max including title and citation. So in reality I boiled it down to like 620. Its technical writing, those damn word counts are important.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Funemployment.

Jacqueline???

idgi

I know someone named Jacqueline.

Oh.

I'd make an ugly Jacqueline.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Damn.

Write cocks 2 less times

fewer

write cocks 2 fewer times

gawl

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Actor Frankie Muniz 'loves this country' and is 'definitely to the right' in his politics

Well, that explains why he's piss-easy to troll on twitter!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

JAI HO

JAI HOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenAIw95L-s

I know what the phrase is from and I found it offensive there too. I know it messes with the song's meter but they should have been singing "JAI CUMDUMPSTER"

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    How's Funland, Donkey?

• Options

Damn.
    Conjunction junction what's your function?

• Options
    The HIPAA thing is not a surprise but I grew up in a medical household. Most people have to vent about what they did at work just to feel better. Sometimes it is frustration. Sometimes it is an interesting or funny anecdote. It happens usually verbally with no names and just the event.

At work you are much more strict on it or you should be. That is professionalism.

Hell I have tons of funny things I run into that fall under either PII or HIPAA at work and I would love to tell the story but I don't here because it is public. Friends in person privately in my own home? I might.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Actor Frankie Muniz 'loves this country' and is 'definitely to the right' in his politics

you know what's weird.

Bruce Jenner is apparently a Republican.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so the entire purchasing system in our software just doesn't work today

and that's pretty much my entire job

and tech support is not responding

woo gonna read all the comics

• Options
    edited April 2015

Damn.

This is for publication in a professional news letter my agency puts out. So yes they are pretty strict. If it was a class I would be like, whelp that is done!

I mean I have boiled a 9 page published article to 659 words. I need 650 max including title and citation. So in reality I boiled it down to like 620. Its technical writing, those damn word counts are important.

Cut the last 12 words no matter what they are and conclude your article with the two-word phrase: "deoxyribonucleicacidically supercalifeagilisticexpialadocious!"

Drez on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Omg

http://youtu.be/jPdzSFEVQss

10/10 would have my heart broken at a "Dance Under the Sea" prom to this song

Cc: @gooey @DasUberEdward

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

you know what's weird.

Bruce Jenner is apparently a Republican.

Green is the only color they care about.

• Options
    i dunno if it's that weird for a rich, old, white person to be a republican

• Options
    marvel unlimited is loading really slowly

day ruined?

This discussion has been closed.