As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Old thread abandoned due to Hydra infiltration.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

DoctorArch wrote: »
    Almost everything in comics is centered on earth. Earth is the most important planet in all of the multi-verse.

Much to the often stated annoyance of every other space-faring race in the universe.

This was actually a recent storyline where a council of empires decides to ban all travel to and from Earth.
    Almost everything in comics is centered on earth. Earth is the most important planet in all of the multi-verse.

The majority of Cosmic Marvel stuff faded into the background after the 70s and either became based on Earth or about Earth, but more recent Cosmic stuff doesn't really center around Earth at all, but still centers around humans.

The main reason why Earth pops up so often is because Humans are a really good audience stand in for introducing things and because Jack Kirby loved 'Chariot of the Gods'.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Much to the often stated annoyance of every other space-faring race in the universe.

This was actually a recent storyline where a council of empires decides to ban all travel to and from Earth.

The majority of Cosmic Marvel stuff faded into the background after the 70s and either became based on Earth or about Earth, but more recent Cosmic stuff doesn't really center around Earth at all, but still centers around humans.

The main reason why Earth pops up so often is because Humans are a really good audience stand in for introducing things and because Jack Kirby loved 'Chariot of the Gods'.

I'm so sick and tired of content providers pandering to the human market, just because they spend so much money. Oh, what a surprise, a human saves the day, again. I bet that will play well on Earth. Could they be more obvious?

It's tedious and predictable.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This show needs more robots.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Give Coulson a few more seasons. He's already like 1/8 robot.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Give Coulson a few more seasons. He's already like 1/8 robot.

Two eye-patches!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular

I'm so sick and tired of content providers pandering to the human market, just because they spend so much money. Oh, what a surprise, a human saves the day, again. I bet that will play well on Earth. Could they be more obvious?

Well its true, there just aren't enough Psychlos comic book readers to justify an ongoing comic book series.

Maybe enough to justify a plucky sidekick or wacky comic relief, but Psychlo hero with mainstream appeal? Sorry, the market just isn't there.

Next you will be demanding a female superhero without rape in her backstory and with less then Double D cup size.

Not happening guys!

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    "Of course earth is the most important planet in the multi-verse. It's where I live." - Donald Trump

• Options
    "Of course earth is the most important planet in the multi-verse. It's where I live." - Donald Trump

We need to build a wall to keep all the illegals out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

We need to build a Dyson Sphere to keep all the illegal aliens out, and to make the Kree pay for it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    “Phil Coulson or Maria Hill, or one of these SHIELD people, all controlled by Hydra, AIM, and special interests, people like me —total control. Bing bing, bong bong bong, bing bing.”

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    “Phil Coulson or Maria Hill, or one of these SHIELD people, all controlled by Hydra, AIM, and special interests, people like me —total control. Bing bing, bong bong bong, bing bing.”

Wait a minute. It all makes sense now..

Trump is the Impossible Man!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

It's a travesty how few movies manage to pass the Trekdel test.*

*Passing the Trekdel test requires a movie have at least one scene in which a non-earthling has a conversation with another non-earthling that doesn't involve having been fucked by Captain Kirk.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

*Passing the Trekdel test requires a movie have at least one scene in which a non-earthling has a conversation with another non-earthling that doesn't involve having been fucked by Captain Kirk.

ironically, no Start Trek movie to date has ever passed this test.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Spock and Savek.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Spock and Savek.

You must not have seen the director's cut.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Spock and Savek.

Man, Spock was only the first officer of the Enterprise because he and Kirk, well, you know.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Spock and Savek.

Man, Spock was only the first officer of the Enterprise because he and Kirk, well, you know.
    It's... quite logical.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Out of curiousity, does anyone know where that Asguardian staff is?

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    In the rubble of whatever building May and Ward had it out in during... S1 I think it was?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    went back to check. May grabs the staff from a Centipede soldier in episode 22. And then uses it to bring the building down. She doesn't have it during the Ward fight.

It doesn't seem unlikely that they could have retrieved it, though I suppose they've been pretty busy.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    oh, also: while I was looking for that, I noticed something that makes a beat in last week's episode kinda funny.
    Back in the first season (episode 21), Tripp finds a hidden room with his x-ray scanner gadget. Coulson says, "Secret door? I got this. They're kinda my thing"

While searching the castle, Coulson is the one that opens the secret passage.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I like this new character

She's got a perfect grip on comic timing with those puns

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    So I know I made this similar guess back with BOATSHIELD last season, but i wonder if ATCU is gonna be the Cinematic Universe predecessor to S.W.O.R.D.? Seems feasible enough.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i'm like half way through s3e1 and i get the feeling when this episode's big bad walks in it's supposed to be someone i would know but i have no idea because my comic book reading is sorely lapsed

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Lol, thankfully it starts at 9, since I had pretty forgotten about it.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    so i'm like half way through s3e1 and i get the feeling when this episode's big bad walks in it's supposed to be someone i would know but i have no idea because my comic book reading is sorely lapsed

He's a new villain.
    In the comics Daniel Whitehall is The Kraken.

250?cb=20100601132206

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    The subtitles. Killing me.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

He's a new villain.
    In the comics Daniel Whitehall is The Kraken.

250?cb=20100601132206
    I think he was asking about Lash.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the blue fella

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    New episode
    I hope that this Hunter subplot doesn't drag on. The going undercover, making tough choices, tropes can get cringeworthy if not done well.

Although I did enjoy the subtitles.

• Options
    the blue fella
    That's a relatively new comic character named Lash. From what I gather, he's an Inhuman that dispatches other Inhumans who he deems unworthy.

• Options
    eeentersting

i should read more comics

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    the blue fella

He's Sonic the Hedgehog.

SonicSmashBros.png

• Options
    2lxglsg.gif

• Options
    the blue fella

He's Sonic the Hedgehog.

SonicSmashBros.png

No, that was Raina.

He's Knuckles

• Options
    i've watched too much game of thrones i think

i was totally expecting that moment in ep 2 to end heartbreakingly

• Options
    End of episode
    I was not expecting the "I have to go back" twist.

Also, yay, Multiple Ginger Ninja is back!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    i've watched too much game of thrones i think

i was totally expecting that moment in ep 2 to end heartbreakingly

After the things this show has done to our emotions so far, that would not be out of line.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.