As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Six Coaches Not Named Byron Scott Fired

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9joCDNeuQ

Towns looks like a pro already

Xehalus on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what the Cavs and Hawks do to each other. Both teams made only minor moves in the offseason, because both are contending seriously.

The Hawks will win less games. They lost a very important player in DeMarre Carroll and won't catch as many teams with their pants down this year. They got exposed a little bit in that they're weak rim protectors and Kyle Korver is useless if you force him to move his feet.

The Cavs even without Thompson will be overwhelming favorites to win the East even if they struggle early again. The East is still some pretty weak shit.

Carroll was pretty underrated, I think. We're going to miss him a lot, and we didn't really replace him at all. We got Splitter, but I have no idea what they're going to do with him in terms of sharing the floor, is he just going to be a backup, or what?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    thoughts on preseason so far?

I thought the Hornets were better than I expected.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sportswriters spinning the Barnes/Fisher thing as a Knicks problem just makes me long for the season to start and something else to talk about.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    D'Angelo Russell has no business being as good at running an offense as he is, as a rookie.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    thoughts on preseason so far?

I thought the Hornets were better than I expected.

I had a dream that they made a mistake on MKG's prognosis and that he is actually good to play. I didn't realize it was a dream until just now.

Having said that, scoring is up. On the other hand, pre-season. Hopefully our defense doesn't crumble without MKG locking down the wing.

• Options
    The pick and roll combos with Lin/Zeller/Hawes are actually pretty deadly, but time will tell if they can perform against regular season defenses.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Hawes has to prove that he can still play basketball. He was awful last year and couldn't even get on the court in the playoffs.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I should probably mock draft at some point.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I should probably mock draft at some point.

pfft

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    i will mock the draft constantly

• Options
    First pick Anthony Bennett

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ESPN has scuttled the Kevin Johnson 30-for-30 for now.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I saw a tweet regarding Kevin Johnson yesterday. What happened there?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Basically KJ is a super corrupt politician that also has a history of sexual harassment and molestation (maybe assault) that goes all the way back to his playing days. It's inexplicably flown under the radar for decades but some more recent investigative journalism (namely from Deadspin) has lead some to question airing a documentary that apparently paints him as some sort of hero for keeping a shitty basketball franchise in his shitty city.

Butters on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Former NBA and reality TV star Lamar Odom was hospitalized Tuesday after he was found unconscious at a Nevada brothel, authorities said.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Details are starting to come out but still not much.

Apparently he is in a coma and hooked up to a ventilator which is breathing for him.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jesus. That's awful. Hope he fully recovers and gets help.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    He'll be fine, because the Kardashians showed up. With their camera crew.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2015
    They are saying drug overdose with possible brain damage.

The tox screen showed "every drug imagineable" in his system apparently.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    His life has been so insanely unfortunate it's mind boggling.

• Options
    Is anyone else using League Pass? I'm having a problem where scores won't stay turned off. Last season it worked fine - had scores off the whole season.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Sportswriters spinning the Barnes/Fisher thing as a Knicks problem just makes me long for the season to start and something else to talk about.

How?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    There's a NYT article, ostensibly addressed to Porzingis and Grant, welcoming them to the Knicks' "circus" and using that as an example.

• Options
    I've now read articles saying Odom had done crack, cocaine, and took ten erection pills of some sort.

This story is so sad.

• Options
  • Options
    Odom squeezed Khloe's hand last night, leading doctors to think he was getting better, but now they think that it might have been involuntary, as his condition has reportedly worsened:
    Lamar Odom’s condition has deteriorated, and doctors are now telling the family the longer he remains in the condition he’s in the less likely it is that he will recover.

Sources tell TMZ, Lamar did indeed squeeze Khloe’s hand Wednesday night, which gave everyone hope, but Thursday morning doctors are saying it well could have been an involuntary movement.

• Options
    This is about the craziest story imaginable.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    No, that thing where Javaris Crittenton almost shot Gilbert Arenas in their locker room is the craziest story imaginable. A guy with problems killing himself with pills is sad but I'm not sure it's crazy.

• Options
    He's almost universally loved by former teammates, writers, and media personalities while on the verge of dying in just about the most embarrassing way possible.

• Options
    Multiple reports say Odom is conscious and breathing on his own.

• Options
    Apparently he said "good morning" to the doctors.

This is great. I feared he wasn't going to make it.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So was this an attempted suicide or what? I can't see someone who's been under the microscope as much as Lamar goin, "YEAH LEMME GO TO A BROTHEL IN LAS VEGAS AND TAKE EVERY SINGLE DRUG, SURELY, THIS WILL END WELL".

• Options
    So was this an attempted suicide or what? I can't see someone who's been under the microscope as much as Lamar goin, "YEAH LEMME GO TO A BROTHEL IN LAS VEGAS AND TAKE EVERY SINGLE DRUG, SURELY, THIS WILL END WELL".

I would not be surprised if this isn't the first time he's taken every single drug. Dude has been dealing with some shit for awhile now.

Hopefully he makes it out of this and gets help.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I don't think it was a suicide attempt, but it's hopefully the catalyst for him to make big changes to his life.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    It's being reported all over sports-talk radio here in LA that while he did regain consciousness, his odds of survival are still 50/50 and he'll never be able to live a normal life if he does make it out. :(

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    It's being reported all over sports-talk radio here in LA that while he did regain consciousness, his odds of survival are still 50/50 and he'll never be able to live a normal life if he does make it out. :(

Damn.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So is this draft tonight?
    I can't login to yahoo, it says my password is incorrect (I know which one I used...) but their password recovery site is down apparently, as is their new account page.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    So is this draft tonight?
    I can't login to yahoo, it says my password is incorrect (I know which one I used...) but their password recovery site is down apparently, as is their new account page.

It is, but you have almost ten hours.

• Options
    New report says doctors are hopeful that Odom has no brain damage since he was never without oxygen.

This discussion has been closed.