Options

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hold in now I'm imagining a Thor-themed Dio cover band and well call it... Heven and Hel
    Boom, done
    That's a wrap
    I'm a genius

God damn.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Also, was anyone else pretty annoyed that the first thing we saw on AoS last night was patton oswalt's face after he was the biggest name posting "look what these sjws did to based joss" shit a few days ago?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    So is it possible to access all characters via playing the game? Or will dollars eventually need dropping?

I ask because I always play as ladies in all games where that is an option and I would like to unlock all the ladies.

Splinter droprate is something like one per 8 mins, which would take crazy long
    but there's a daily chest thing that gives you 5
    and they tend to give away a bunch every time there's an event
    and the second anniversary is soon, when they'll def give away at least one random hero
    also I think you get a second starter hero the first time you play the story?

basically, just hang around and they throw stuff at you

and if you do wanna spend cash, watch out for good sales like the BOGO one right now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    This was posted yesterday but CBR rounded out their Secret Wars textless-previews with Armor Wars #1. A couple of pages and an alt-cover in the box below.
    Armor-Wars-1-Preview-1-b5415.jpg
    Armor-Wars-1-Preview-4-62999.jpg
    Armor-Wars-1-Iron-Gwen-Variant-e0510.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm beginning to consider giving Marvel Heroes a whirl now.

How much time am I going to have to spend playing a totally boring dude before I can play like, Kate Bishop?

Without spending money, I mean. I will not spend money.

Looking at the roster there's actually a bunch of characters that I like in this game, but I strongly doubt I can play any of them from the get go.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Did that show improve at all? I heard the pilot was rill bad but absolutely nothing after that

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Straightzi wrote: »

How much time am I going to have to spend playing a totally boring dude before I can play like, Kate Bishop?

Looking at the roster there's actually a bunch of characters that I like in this game, but I strongly doubt I can play any of them from the get go.

You can play

Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Cap
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Human Torch
    Iron Man
    Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Rocket
    Storm
    Thor

for free up til level 10. You then pick one of those to unlock permanently and level up past that. Then you can buy heroes either for funbux or with Eternity Splinters, which seem to be random drops from enemies. I've gotten about 10 in the last 2 hours, and heroes seem to cost about 200-400 each depending on who it is.

I'm not sure if there's any way to get skins without paying, but I doubt there is.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

You can play hawkeye right from the start, but all non-starter costumes are a cash money thing. Unless you get super lucky with something that requires gambling a bunch of other costumes for a random one. (You can get multiple starter costumes by prestiging)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Did that show improve at all? I heard the pilot was rill bad but absolutely nothing after that

i finished the season.

pilot was bad but... it actually got pretty good.

Like i genuinely enjoyed it.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh, well, Black Widow and Cyclops were also on my short list of characters I would like to play

So I guess sorry Kate

Can you get team up characters without spending real money?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The second day you log in you will be given 400 splinters.

That's enough to buy most heroes, save for a few. Or two cheap heroes. Or two random hero boxes(probably the best option for a brand new player if you're not picky about who you get).

Unfortunately Kate Bishop is a costume, not a hero, so she can't be bought with splinters. Technically costumes can drop as loot, but they are so rare that you should never count on it happening. Costumes are something you pretty much have to pay for, and the costumes like Kate that actually turn one character into another(Clint to Kate, Wanda to Wiccan, Parker to Otto, etc.) are expensive.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Straightzi Kate Bishop is just a purchasable costume for Hawkeye who you can play as from the jump

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

You can play

Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Cap
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Human Torch
    Iron Man
    Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Rocket
    Storm
    Thor

for free up til level 10. You then pick one of those to unlock permanently and level up past that. Then you can buy heroes either for funbux or with Eternity Splinters, which seem to be random drops from enemies. I've gotten about 10 in the last 2 hours, and heroes seem to cost about 200-400 each depending on who it is.

I'm not sure if there's any way to get skins without paying, but I doubt there is.

iirc you can get costumes as very rare drops and can craft 3 duplicates into a new random one

I mostly want to know if their crazy ass max level progression system ever got less absurdly convoluted. The last time I played was the patch that introduced that and it thoroughly turned me off. Diablo 3 is still my go-to for games of that type, although Captain (Ms. in the game) Marvel is an absolute blast to play.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You can buy teamups for splinters, they cost 200 to..I want to say 600? so similar to Heroes.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Okay cool

Because according to Wikipedia there is an upcoming Pietro teamup

So I'll probably play as Wanda as soon as I'm able to and just wait for that to be implemented

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular

i finished the season.

pilot was bad but... it actually got pretty good.

Like i genuinely enjoyed it.

Huh, that's cool. I might give it a look, then.

• Options
    Oh, well, Black Widow and Cyclops were also on my short list of characters I would like to play

So I guess sorry Kate

Can you get team up characters without spending real money?

There are a few ways to get team-ups for free.

One of them is through splinters. Most cost 400-600 except Groot who is 200.

There are some available as achievement and login rewards though that will take time.

Every once in a while they just give one away. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens on the two-year anniversary coming up.

There is an event that they run for a week roughly once a month called Omega, where you do daily missions to collect a currency called Omega Files. You can save this currency to buy a few different things, one of which is an Agent Coulson team up.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »

You can play

Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Cap
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Human Torch
    Iron Man
    Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Rocket
    Storm
    Thor

iirc you can get costumes as very rare drops and can craft 3 duplicates into a new random one

I mostly want to know if their crazy ass max level progression system ever got less absurdly convoluted. The last time I played was the patch that introduced that and it thoroughly turned me off. Diablo 3 is still my go-to for games of that type, although Captain (Ms. in the game) Marvel is an absolute blast to play.

Do you mean the Omega point system? It's still the same but I'm not sure what you mean by convoluted.

You get points through xp and spend them on various nodes.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah but there is all these different tiers and the user interface is terrible and you need an insane amount of omega points for some of the end stuff

That team has some done great work with new content, but I really wish they'd take some time to polish what is actually there. It is reeeeaally rough in several respects, polish wise

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I should get back in and see how Wanda plays.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm up to episode 5 of Daredevil.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah but there is all these different tiers and the user interface is terrible and you need an insane amount of omega points for some of the end stuff

That team has some done great work with new content, but I really wish they'd take some time to polish what is actually there. It is reeeeaally rough in several respects, polish wise

the worst part about marvel heroes was that for a long time there were a million things in the entire game system but absolutely no documentation about the system. And that system was in constant flux. I don't know if that has changed much though.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    you just have to zone out all the complex stuff when you're a new player and concentrate on leveling

most of it isn't important until you're gearing a lvl 60 character, and by then you'll understand a lot more

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Pretty much any enhanced costume, and this includes Kate Bishop, will cost you about 15 bucks

Because it actually costs 1250 of the purchasable currency and you can only buy 500 and 1000

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Honestly if you want an enhanced costume I would wait until a 50% off all costumes sale. They happen every once in a while.

I don't mind paying for costumes, money for cosmetics is fine, but those ones are just a little too steep for me to pay full price for.

• Options
    Oh also

As a person who is on record as thinking event comics r dum and completely gave up on Guardians and Legendary Star-Lord when Black Vortex was going on

hey secret wars #1 is pretty alright

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is there a website that took the place of project rooftop? There's a lot of superhero stuff going on, and there's not much going on with PR.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The two for one sales are also worth the money you pay if you don't have many heroes

like if you pay five dollars for a hero, and then you get a 15 dollar hero (I did this twice) you've bagged yourself some big game.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I know Project Rooftop has a semi-active tumblr, which could be where a lot of their smaller content ends up going

Straightzi on
  • Options
    You know, until about two weeks ago, I thought the pervasive corruption in the police force in Daredevil was the most out there thing about the show,

• Options
    Now wait just a dingdonged minute

Secret Wars #1
    If Star-Lord is one of the few people who makes it out and knows what the real deal is

Then now it's EXTRA weird that he just resumes his relationship with Kitty Pryde with an alternate universe version of her

Because you now know he knows it's an alternate universe version of her

I continue to not understand why it's not just the "real" Kitty Pryde

All of this would be avoided

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Jesus Christ warehouse surgery
    fuck

• Options
    CBR has posted what looks to be the 8-page preview story for Omega Men #1. It's...well, it may remind some folk of a certain real world thing. First page in the box.
    q26S7IT.jpg

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Secret Wars #1
    If Star-Lord is one of the few people who makes it out and knows what the real deal is

Then now it's EXTRA weird that he just resumes his relationship with Kitty Pryde with an alternate universe version of her

Maybe the comic will address that when it comes out?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    OK, now I really want a book featuring Squirrel Girls from different realities.
    qsEVGGS.jpg

Squirrel Girl MODOK and gender-swapped Squirrel Earl? Yes please.

Also Secret Wars was a helluva thing, and Punisher ended like a wet fart.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Secret Wars #1

Maybe, but this hole just keeps getting dug deeper

And I can't see how the ultimate result would be more interesting than if they just played the concept straight instead of throwing all these wrenches into it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Secret Wars #1

Maybe, but this hole just keeps getting dug deeper

And I can't see how the ultimate result would be more interesting than if they just played the concept straight instead of throwing all these wrenches into it

I feel like a good way to do it
    Would be interacting with different Kitty's and having him just constantly getting crushes on each of them for different reasons and so he decides within himself to just enjoy his time with her, whichever her he ends up with, because he loves her no matter who he is

But that feels super after school special so I don't know.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It looks like CBR's put up the rest of the preview stories that were part of today's Convergence titles. You can check them out here and see the first page of each in the box below.
    Starfire:
    STARF-950-dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-554a415e00b996-54047896-5d4df.jpg

Detective Comics:
    DTC-950-dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-55490d4a7e7815-29174676-cc7e8.jpg

Section Eight:
    SECT8-950-Dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-55491aa9ba5f68-54368354-80ae8.jpg

Prez:
    PREZ-950-dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-55490f5ef35526-37274675-0b54c.jpg

Midnighter:
    MIDN-950-Dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-55494a9d133685-15669772-e82e6.jpg

Doomed:
    DOOMED-950-dyluxlo-res-crop-Page-2-2048-554937db667c09-95587747-0580f.jpg