As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prime 2015 Registration Beckons

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    "Later in May" says to me that sales are "not today" and will be in May. Later definition: at a time in the future.
    I understand the argument of blaming PAX if it said "late in May" but "later" is just a relative term.

I think greater clarity could have been had if a comma was inserted: Later, in May.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    WedjatWedjat SeattleRegistered User regular
    Still watching the queue to see if any reserved badges get released, but I'm doubting it.

Girlfriend managed to get on for me + grab 3 Mondays and 1 Friday. Worst case situation, I'll try outside the WSCC this year.

3DS 0404-6459-8631
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    2013 Sell out time: 6hrs
    2014 Sell out time: 1.25 hr
    2015 Sell out time: 54 min

I guess removing LOL didn't help much in reducing demand for badges....

I'm still sad about LoL removal, and never really thought it did much in terms of demand of the people that attended Prime. Let's hope they get tabletop fixed this year at least. The space at South was massive, and LoL using the queue area last year was at least a reasonable use of space for Prime (maybe TT can inherit it?).

Badges acquired, took 2 separate orders though due to a heart attack warning for Saturday selling out, refreshing, and getting a full set, then going back into the fray to get an additional Saturday and Sunday.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    CrillanCrillan Registered User regular
    "Later in May" says to me that sales are "not today" and will be in May. Later definition: at a time in the future.
    I understand the argument of blaming PAX if it said "late in May" but "later" is just a relative term.

I think greater clarity could have been had if a comma was inserted: Later, in May.

Ask anyone what that really means and they won't give the literal meaning as you stated.

• Options
    JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular
    Crillan wrote: »

Ask anyone what that really means and they won't give the literal meaning as you stated.

This is the reason why I am a firm believer in the Oxford comma.

• Options
    koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015

zerzhul on
    location! location! bees!
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    LoL using the queue area last year was at least a reasonable use of space for Prime (maybe TT can inherit it?).

Nope. :( They are just spreading out the expo hall.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Oh, I dunno if I said this yet... but...

Thank you!

Twitter notification failed me (I got the tweets... But the notification never happened so I saw them after I was in queue). Page monitor failed me (reg page didn't update until Sat/Sun were sold out for me...).
    It was this forum and the closing of the anticipation thread which alerted me to badge sales.

So thank you for these threads. ♥♥♥

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Yeah this is how I took it as well.

• Options
    cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So pumped right now. This happens every year, the adrenalin spikes when the Twitter notification hits, you try to get your passes and then the realization that its still months away for the actual event...

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    missed out this year, guess I will do either Pax South (not sure if badges sell out this crazy quick) or a hockey trip.

Enjoy everyone!

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    couchapotamuscouchapotamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Phew, still shaky but I got my tickets. Got the max tickets bug too but eventually it just let me through with 4 each day for some reason. Second time I've been burned trying to do hotels though, serves me right for not having a clear choice before going in. Plus I ran into a bug with OnPeak that almost gave me a heart attack by repeatedly blanking out the page. Ugh.

couchapotamus on
  • Options
    CrillanCrillan Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Of course you would.

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Ah phooey, I was completely in a meeting when the text sounded, and even though I too thought later in May was something it turned out not to be, I knew. I'll have to contemplate the scalpers this year, but sometimes IRL has to come first. :sad:

PookyAlert on
  • Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    Got some tickets for my friends and I... Not the full weekend tho... Better than nothing!! See yall in 4 months!! (>^~^)>

• Options
    AHAHAHAHAHA I got /that/ Twitter notification.
    What's up with missing the important one?

• Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tickets are still popping up now and again, after I got Monday passes I hopped back in a few times and eventually Sunday and Friday passes became available. I'd recommend sticking with it and you might luck out!

• Options
    Scipo9thScipo9th Registered User regular
    Breath, breath, lower your heart rate... Feels good to be going again this year! Hope to see all you lovely people there!

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I managed to get 2 sets of 4 after repeatedly trying to order 4 sets. I checked my credit card statement and I ended up getting charged twice for a total of $640 even though my receipt says I ordered 2?!?! Should I file. Chargeback on one of the 2? I don't want to lose my tickets but pax made a mistake.

• Options
    twistingbridgestwistingbridges Registered User regular
    Seven months pregnant + mandatory attendance at a Midwestern wedding on the Saturday of PAX weekend = I was resigned to missing my first PAX in five years. I wandered onto the site half an hour ago, saw a stray Monday badge, and couldn't resist picking it up. Man, I'm really going to try and make it @Dragon6860 !

@SkeleVader, my confirmation email says "Date of Purchase 05/07/2015 1:11pm PDT." Just for your records--I think I was one of the last ones...

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    The_Rat wrote: »
    Tickets are still popping up now and again, after I got Monday passes I hopped back in a few times and eventually Sunday and Friday passes became available. I'd recommend sticking with it and you might luck out!

Every time I try tog et in, its either all sold out, or it won't show the page...

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    The_Rat wrote: »

Every time I try tog et in, its either all sold out, or it won't show the page...

Same, may hold out to see if they do a re-sale on some questionable orders etc but not gonna hold my breath on that

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I was going to get in the shower, but a coworker wanted to do a quick conference call. So glad I opted to just call her right away.

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Did anyone else get charged twice on their credit card or just me? What do I do?

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    I don't know if this was mentioned before, but did they ever state a reason why there aren't any 4 days this year? Or are those reserved for Pax Dev?

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get charged twice on their credit card or just me? What do I do?

I would both ping the PAX folks and talk to your credit card company to be safe. I am trying sooo hard not to make a 'cardkid' alias joke here. :wink:

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this was mentioned before, but did they ever state a reason why there aren't any 4 days this year? Or are those reserved for Pax Dev?
    prime.paxsite.com/news/pax-prime-changes-in-the-works
    Change #3: Lastly we will be doing away with 4-Day badges. When looking over the data, we saw that people were buying 4-Day badges and not using them for the full four days. By switching everything over to single days, we can help ensure that every sold badge actually gets used. Since the show isn’t falling on Labor Day, it would have made the “not using the Monday part of their 4-Day badge” situation even more pronounced.

Basically, this lets more people go on more days, since people were reserving room on all 4 days with the 4-day-pass but not using them all.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Wow, that was a shock!! Thursday. "Later" in May. Noon-ish. Still trying to recover an hour after the paxpocalypse. :o :rotate:
    It would be interesting to know how quickly you had to get in line to get tickets, but my estimate is that it was slightly better than last year (last year you had to get online within a minute or two, which is madness.)
    As usual, hotel site was completely unresponsive from the very beginning - and also managed to freeze Firefox somehow.
    Unlike last year, Safari actually worked for hotel reservations.
    Site eventually reloaded but took at least 10 minutes to actually show a page. :(
    Congratulations to everyone who survived PAX tix 2015 !!

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Tickets gotten! (Fortunately the friend I was meeting for lunch is of the understanding fellow gamer variety who gets that PAX TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!! constitutes a valid emergency).

Looking forward to my 6th PAX, and another year of BYOC shenanigans.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Me too, I even looked over previous tweets to see how their general grammar was. I assumed incorrectly they meant that lack of a comma.

• Options
    Wow, that was a shock!! Thursday. "Later" in May. Noon-ish. Still trying to recover an hour after the paxpocalypse. :o :rotate:
    It would be interesting to know how quickly you had to get in line to get tickets, but my estimate is that it was slightly better than last year (last year you had to get online within a minute or two, which is madness.)
    As usual, hotel site was completely unresponsive from the very beginning - and also managed to freeze Firefox somehow.
    Site eventually reloaded but took at least 10 minutes to actually show a page. :(

Oddly, my computer using IE worked perfectly for hotel res. It just was a long queue. I suspect that those who got in to buy badges within the 1st few minutes had an advantage. I was a little late getting in this year, so I missed Saturday. Anyone want to chime in on when they came in and if they were able to get all 4 days? It could help with data on that. Of course, sometimes the queues act wonky too.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Approximate data: online within 30 seconds of tweet; queued for 5 minutes; 2 minutes clicking and typing information; 8 minutes waiting for subsequent reedpop pages to appear and to finish purchase (also needed to get rid of irritating reedpop error message.) E-mail received at 12:16 pacific.

every day's great on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Only managed to get 2 sets of non-sat :/

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Twitter didn't send its notification for me, and my web browser wasn't updating the dang site when I reloaded, so I didn't get in queue until 15 minutes after it started, after a friend of mine spread the word. I got tickets, but only Friday and Monday...Saturday and Sunday had sold out. I guess Monday didn't sell out until around 55 minutes after start, but at the end there was no queue, you just got in instantly.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    So what is the general consensus with Pax moving away from the 4-day passes? I have a feeling that this will be standard with the other Pax events as well. Who knows though

This space for rent
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I got in at 12:17 and got all four days. (And a second Sat)
    My friend got in at 12:19 and only got Monday.

Dunno if I got lucky and picked up some expired cart though.

Edit for clarity -
    I got in queue at 12:17.

The Aviatrix on
  • Options
    Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular

That was about the time I was being kicked out due the showclix not accepting any of my 4 perfectly valid credit cards. At least someone who was looking at all sold outs got to see 8 badges suddenly pop in.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Well, that didn't take long. Badges are already up on eBay.

• Options
    Badash112 wrote: »

That was about the time I was being kicked out due the showclix not accepting any of my 4 perfectly valid credit cards. At least someone who was looking at all sold outs got to see 8 badges suddenly pop in.

Out of curiosity why 4 credit cards? Were there only so much on each? That probably confused the system and made it think you were some scammer. Usually people only use 1, so anything out of the "norm" can hang things up.

Gaming since 1986.
This discussion has been closed.