As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: Wally Goes West (SPOILERS)

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It's sad that Barry and Cisco's initial selfie taking earth 2 style is more in line with Flash season 1 and not at all with season 2. Also I'm kind of at a loss as to what Jay's issue is?

So zoom didn't take his speed his addiction to a speed drug did? But a different version can make him speedy for a little bit? I'm what?

That about sums it up, yeah. It makes sense. It's a bit clunky, but it's not nonsensical.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Guys. I'm officially loving this
    earth 2 madness. flash is BEST when it's fun, and this is fun as hell

Just seeing joe west SING was amazing as hell

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, but him
    dying on dramatic moment queue right after being checked out
    - not so much.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I thought I saw The Question in the portal, but I may be seeing things.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    kaceyp wrote: »
    This was super fun (despite the inconsistency and dumb characters) and I'm glad it's continuing into next week instead of being a one-and-done.

Hi Deadshot Detective Lawton!
    Hi Ronnie!

Zoom speculation with stuff from this episode:
    I know the theory has been brought up before, but the stuff with Jay this episode talking about the drug and its side effects and his need to always go faster definitely made me go "Hmmm."

Yeah I'm thinking what Zoom is was laid out very specifically in this episode.
    I think we had 2 or 3 Speedsters develop on E-2 and where Jay used and quit Velocity because it was changing him one did not

What I was thinking was
    that it might actually be Jay. Something like a Future Jay. My thought was that they could be doing a storyline where Jay keeps reluctantly taking the drug out of necessity to help Team Flash and eventually turns into Zoom and weird timey-wimey stuff happens. This also goes along with the speculation that Zoom will be a familiar face in some way. But who knows!

That really seems like the painfully obvious direction it's going in and after they played the Reverse Flash stuff so straight in the first season, I don't think they've got much misdirection-like stuff in them, although I'd assume
    from how pointless and perfect Caitlin's been all season and how much of a mentor Jay's been set up for her, for her to be the one to screw the pooch and the Velocity 8 or whatever she said she's working on next to be what really messes him up or gives him exactly what he wants, along with (perhaps in the next episode or two) the reveal that going through the breaches causes time fuckmuppetry that nobody's noticed before since Zoom's basically the only one who's been actually using them to go back and forth. It seems a given that it's a familiar face though. Otherwise, why have a mask? Mystery 101.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Earth 2 setting is terrific fun.

I'd say Jay Garrick is suffering under the weight of so many characters though - they've not had much of an idea of what to do with him, and plenty of other things to do instead.

But I want to know when we're getting Eddie back.

When his popular fox tv show is cancelled?
    Quantico is on ABC.

Also
    He seems to be alive and well on Earth-2, so he could pop up next week or something in a cameo.

Quantico got cancelled? :(

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So Grant's posting some behind the scenes stuff during the filming of the Supergirl crossover

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Man I haven't even seen the crossover and I know that The Flash and Supergirl have great chemistry.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They were both on Glee I believe. To be fair Gustin has chemistry with just about everyone on the cast.

Though to be fair I bought the Iris/Barry relationship in earth 2 with Iris being the aggressor more than I've ever bought it on OG earth.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    They were both on Glee I believe. To be fair Gustin has chemistry with just about everyone on the cast.

Though to be fair I bought the Iris/Barry relationship in earth 2 with Iris being the aggressor more than I've ever bought it on OG earth.

They were both on Glee but not at the same time. Though they do have chemistry I'm sure

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I would actually like to see Supergirl run into Oliver more. Barry and Kara share a kind of honest optimism (well Barry used to season 2 aside) Oliver is the hard nosed realist. So it would be interesting to watch her interact with who she'd probably consider more of a villain than a hero.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Iris's wardrobe this episode was daaaaannnnggg.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular

I liked the buttons on her bulletproof vest.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Taranis wrote: »

Reminded me a little of the Rocketeer. The entire Earth-2 retro-future aesthetic is great.

• Options
    One thing I was just thinking is did Barry ever meet deadshot? I really don't recall that ever happening.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    One thing I was just thinking is did Barry ever meet deadshot? I really don't recall that ever happening.

I don't think he did, but Ollie would have shared his files on all the major players after the Captain Boomerang incident.

Dracomicron on
  • Options

I don't think he did, but Ollie would have shared his files on all the major players after the Captain Boomerang incident.

I guess, and it was nice to see bumbling Floyd, but it just felt a little unearned since Barry had zero interaction with him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I know the kidnapping thing was to set up the fun stuff that followed but I couldn't shake the impression that Barry was being an asshole. Impersonating somebodies SO is squicky enough but to be there when you're SO's parent is dying instead of their actual SO? That's something else.

Sisko/Sisko was great. Jay felt starved for time but at least he's doing something. Danielle Panabaker had more lines and plot involvement than she's had in the rest of the season combined. It helps she's playing two characters, but still.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I know the kidnapping thing was to set up the fun stuff that followed but I couldn't shake the impression that Barry was being an asshole. Impersonating somebodies SO is squicky enough but to be there when you're SO's parent is dying instead of their actual SO? That's something else.

True.
    Sisko/Sisko was great. Jay felt starved for time but at least he's doing something. Danielle Panabaker had more lines and plot involvement than she's had in the rest of the season combined. It helps she's playing two characters, but still.

Her best performance in 2 seasons. I loved how they made Killer Frost and Deathstorm into not! Spike and Drusilla. They really need to make her evil or anti-heroic Killer Frost on Earth 1, give her something interesting to do. They can't waste such a talented actress on a role like that.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

Earth 2 seems to be inspired by the Burton Batman and Batman: TAS.

j5ib20.jpg

15fm7vp.png

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    what is up with this Cisco -> Sisko stuff

does everyone just love Star Trek Deep Space Nine that much?

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The Sisko is not bound by linear time.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

I do, but I already bitched about it last time. Didn't figure we needed another go round.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

j5ib20.jpg

15fm7vp.png

Love earth 2 aesthetic so much.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

j5ib20.jpg

15fm7vp.png

Love earth 2 aesthetic so much.

Seems like it would be very hard to make a call to someone on the fly though. How the hell do they order take out?

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

They were both on Glee but not at the same time. Though they do have chemistry I'm sure

They were actually in a couple episodes together, though I don't think they interacted. One of them was actually superhero-themed.

He was so naturally smarmy on Glee, and he's so naturally likable here, that it was crazy to see that switch.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnNFsNsEwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZj7CT-WlFo

The guy dressed as not-Superman is Melissa's real life husband and Cat Grant's fictional son.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the earth-2 'look' was especially fun because I've though Garrick's Flash getup was just hopelessly dumb

and I'm pretty sure I still think that, but it makes sense now at least

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Earth 2 setting is terrific fun.

I'd say Jay Garrick is suffering under the weight of so many characters though - they've not had much of an idea of what to do with him, and plenty of other things to do instead.

But I want to know when we're getting Eddie back.

When his popular fox tv show is cancelled?
    Quantico is on ABC.

Also
    He seems to be alive and well on Earth-2, so he could pop up next week or something in a cameo.

Quantico got cancelled? :(
    I hope not, ABC has been all about telling everyone how great's been doing, and I've enjoyed just about every episode.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I was watching this episode waiting to see the sky of Earth 2 filled with blimps. I think I just really want a Fringe crossover with Flash. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Soooo. Infinite Multiverse is official now.... so does that mean we could see....
    Adam-West-and-Burt-Ward.jpg

I mean, I know its not going to happen, but just imagine. Adam West as an alternate earth retired Bruce Wayne.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Hello Flash old chum!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Quick Zoom question:
    Isn't the Earth 1 Jay's name the name of Zoom in the comics or something like that?

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Technically, he could be Earth - 2 Bruce!

Linda Carter is Diana too!

Invectivus on
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    So, this episode has me wondering about multiverse metaphysics.

We know that everyone on Earth-1 has a doppleganger on Earth-2. Does this mean that people's romantic partners are mostly pre-determined, since everyone would have the same parents on both Earths?

However, people seem to have free will in terms of what they do with their own lives.
    Earth-1 Ronnie died a hero, while Earth-2 Ronnie was an idiot who died because he got overexcited.

I'm also noticing that, with 3 exceptions, every meta has a doppleganger who is also a meta. Only Atom Smasher, Killer Frost, and Earth-1 Barry are the only metas whose dopplegangers are regular humans.
    This is part of why I'm thinking Zoom is Earth-2 Barry, and that Caitlin is going have powers by the end of the season.

Outside of that, I think the addition of Supergirl and (presumably) the DCCU means that there's another layer to how the multiverse functions. Earth-1 and Earth-2 are basically twins, while Supergirl's Earth (Earth-3, I guess) is vastly different. I wonder if that means every Earth exists as a sort of pair with another Earth.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Quick Zoom question:
    Isn't the Earth 1 Jay's name the name of Zoom in the comics or something like that?
    Yup.

He's Zoom II.

sig.gif
  • Options
    After the most recent episode I'm also in the camp that
    Barry 2 is Zoom.

As for the crossover - I really hope that Cisco and Barry end up on Supergirl's Earth. I really want to see Winn and Cisco interact. Also I'd like to see Cisco's reaction to a world without (currently) many meta humans but is crawling with Aliens.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    After the most recent episode I'm also in the camp that
    Barry 2 is Zoom.

As for the crossover - I really hope that Cisco and Barry end up on Supergirl's Earth. I really want to see Winn and Cisco interact. Also I'd like to see Cisco's reaction to a world without (currently) many meta humans but is crawling with Aliens.

My only issue with that is:
    His reaction to being super speeded away by Barry. He shouldn't have been shocked or dazed by the speed and I don't see him letting himself get tased by Harry and Barry.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    So you had Walternate, Fauxlivia, what could barry be?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
This discussion has been closed.