As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've never seen organized water field blasting in PvE. There's just no reason to do so when picking up a downed ally is so fast and risk-free. Hopefully HoT addresses this.

This does remind me that I haven't used the new mortar kit. I guess I've spent enough time as a dual kit engineer that I kind of calcified my play style with the class.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The hate comes from the pet mostly. Your weapons don't deal the amount of damage they should do because you've got secondary DPS tied to the pet. However, the pet is pretty squishy at higher end PvE and PvP, and has pathing problems. Also some of the weapons are pretty bad (like the aforementioned shortbow), but that's across every class. Outside of dungeons and high end PvP, you're not going to notice a power level difference at all.

I main ranger, and have since the first game. It's a fun class. Give it a try. At worst, you waste a few hours on a class and decide it's not for you.

Interesting. Well I'll give it a shot. I remember on launch I had one and liked it, but ended up liking warrior more so mained that for the longest time.

Those birthday reward tomes that take a character right to 20 are so good for trying stuff. I've made and deleted so many characters levelling them to 20 to make them somewhat interesting to try.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've never seen organized water field blasting in PvE. There's just no reason to do so when picking up a downed ally is so fast and risk-free. Hopefully HoT addresses this.

This does remind me that I haven't used the new mortar kit. I guess I've spent enough time as a dual kit engineer that I kind of calcified my play style with the class.
    I love the mortar kit. Every 1 attack is a projectile finisher. The range is great, and you can often blow up stuff on rafters and ledges (like you used to be able to do with grenades at launch). It's actually my preferred kit to use when I'm spam-attacking bosses, since you can sit so far away and deal lots of damage.

I still hotswap it with the Supply Drop, since some situations need MOAR TURRETZ and bandage drops, but it's a great kit to use.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CO4C-UFWgAA4uYg.jpg

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Looks like Druid really is the first announced, last shown. D:

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Uh.. the race they show off with that helmet..

http://i.imgur.com/qpyiddz.png

Can't wear the fucking helmet.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    did someone say engineer

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    It's HAMMER TIME!!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Uh.. the race they show off with that helmet..

http://i.imgur.com/qpyiddz.png

Can't wear the fucking helmet.

Par for the course.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I made a human engi because I struggle with armor choices on my charr warrior, due to reasons I'm sure I don't have to explain. I've even thought about making a new warrior tbh. Except that charr are so cool and my charr war is my first 80, made near the launch of the game. So frustrating.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Living Story season 2 is 40% off today instead of the usual 20%. Probably the cheapest it'll be for quite awhile, so if you want to play it before the expansion now is your time. Keep in mind it's a prorated bundle so if you have some of them already it'll discount it.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I made some more music based on Guild Wars:

Trying to gather the video to go along with it, but still not entirely happy with my own settings. If anyone would be willing to go around Timberline Falls and get some video of these areas, I'd greatly appreciate it! Just walking around with UI off or sitting in first person with just environmental effects on. I could even pitch in some gold for your trouble!

0:00-2:00 - 2 min. Gentle River and Gyre Rapids area

2:00-3:33 - 1 min. 33 sec. Valance Tutory and Skrit tunnels

3:33-3:57 - 24 sec. Those ruins south of the Pact outpost and/or the krait tower on Nonmoa during the rain

3:57-6:23 - 2 min 26 sec. Snowy pass from Iron Veil south

6:23-6:46 - 23 sec. Guilty Tears rock face and grawl (that has the base inside)

6:46-7:39 - 53 sec. Molodet and Sector Zhuul

7:39-9:36 - 1 min. 57 sec. Swamp and Serpent Stones, areas with Risen

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    @EidolonOrpheus Awesome music, I liked it a lot!

So I really was seriously considering making a new warrior over the armor thing. Then I remembered you can preview armor and stuff in the bank wardrobe (this really is awesome for coming up with a cool look to shoot for) and came up with quite a few armor combination ideas for my my Charr warrior. I also swapped over to my humie guardian and came up with some cool stuff there. Most of the armor that doesn't look good on my Charr I wouldn't really want to wear anyways, like all the "knightly" looking stuff. Which is all the same stuff I like for my guardian, so good times.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Peeps already be complaining about the Forge because it looks like (as I suspected) the Forge is gonna have a Ranger or Necromancer type Pet mechanic. Basically it looks like instead of static turrets, you'll get a flying robo-buddy who follows you around.

again, I'm with the wait-n-see crowd. On the one hand, I get the fear regarding how bad pet AI is. On the other, we don't even know if it'll be a real "pet" or one that even does combat, or more a mobile beneficial effect, or what.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    So, are any of my fellow Engineers also in mortal fear that those drones you see in all the Engi elite spec art are going to act like minions or spectral weapons or some other horrible AI thing like that?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dulfy says no changes or extension to the event, so I probably won't even bother since I haven't even been able to start it up.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Er, the events already over, what are you not going to bother with?

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    So, are any of my fellow Engineers also in mortal fear that those drones you see in all the Engi elite spec art are going to act like minions or spectral weapons or some other horrible AI thing like that?
    No, I say bring it on! It's not like you are ever permanently locked-into anything other than your class, anyway, and it will be a nice change of pace. I love it!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm hoping that we get a new, better event that uses the same rewards but lacks the pitfalls.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    BWE3 changes published, in part.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Reaper-Changes-for-BWE3/first#post5491452

More reaper improvements! Holy cow. As a Necro player, I feel like a child who was taken by child services from a neglectful home with lice and 30 lbs underweight, and now I've been adopted by perfect loving parents.
    Why are you squeezing me with your body?
    It’s a hug, Michael. I’m hugging you.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Double

programjunkie on
  • Options
    Seriously? Christ, what a dud

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

They had said all along that we had 4 days to do it, thats why people were flabbergasted when we found out how shitty the amount we got is compared to the cost of the rewards. 450 marks for 3 1/2 days was a lot of grinding. D:

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options

Yeah. I was kinda bummed since I can imagine folks on the ANet team wanting to do something nice to commemorate the whole F2P thing while also giving new players a taste of the living world they were trying to create prior to the XPac, and busting their ass after the PAX reveal to whip something together that'd make both happy. Looking back, they did get a lot right - the events themselves were functional, and things scaled well enough that the events themselves were simple to understand and complete while requiring some form of group participation. They just flubbed on the incentive for participation, which rewarded those participating the least in events, and required a LOT of player participation before getting access to a lot of the rewards. In the end, there wasn't a lot of reason to do it, and once people understood that participation dropped like crazy. They just couldn't sell it. I mean, in that sense this was a valuable lesson for new players - ANet is phenomenally bad at selling their game. It's not their marketing team's fault, either.

I'm still not sure what the overall zone event completion tally was supposed to signify. Perhaps a relic of an earlier reward system they were planning for the event? Or maybe the plan was for player participation to be a combination of participation plus a high score? Something like, "you only need to do 5 events for the reward, but the reward goes up significantly with more events that the zone completes as a whole"? Man, that would've been way better. Maybe that's what they were intending for prior to Friday morning's bugginess, then by EOB Friday settled on a simpler solution of just having it be based on event completion alone?

• Options
    BWE3 changes published, in part.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Reaper-Changes-for-BWE3/first#post5491452

More reaper improvements! Holy cow. As a Necro player, I feel like a child who was taken by child services from a neglectful home with lice and 30 lbs underweight, and now I've been adopted by perfect loving parents.
    Why are you squeezing me with your body?
    It’s a hug, Michael. I’m hugging you.

They still put an ICD on Chilling Force, even if they said it was for a bugfix :P though a 1sec cooldown when most Reaper and Necro skills don't hit that fast, not going to change much

Mallyx Stance on Rev also had a major overhaul, it's skills (other than the heal) no longer become more powerful based on the number of conditions on you, and Unyielding Anguish now chills and torments rather than displace(which no longer exists in any form) and torment.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Chronomancer shield block is an actual shield-block now, that's neat :) hope deja-vu sticks around in some form.

Also Well of Eternity has condition cleansing on it, hooray! Now it has an edge over mantra of healing in PvE.

naengwen on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Now begins the task of finding an appropriate shield skin for my mesmer.........

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    I suspect the tormented shield is going to be really popular
    I'm probably going with the lovestruck protector, though

• Options
    I made the Mad Moon

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Now begins the task of finding an appropriate shield skin for my mesmer.........

Zenith Ward Shield Skin and really all Zenith Ward stuff looks super Mesmery.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Patch dropped:
    BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
    General
    Added Vertical Position Near slider to camera options. The existing Vertical Position slider has been renamed Vertical Position Far.
    Added greater precision to camera position sliders.
    Adjusted some default camera positions when using the Adjust Camera to Character Height camera option.
    Achievements for the previous beta weekend have been disabled from the Achievements tab.
    Personal Story
    Black Lion Chest Keys from the early personal story rewards have been limited to one per week accountwide.
    Items
    Increased the drop rate of Black Lion Chests and Black Lion Chest Keys throughout the world.
    Laurel vendors now sell 1 hour of the new Item Booster, replacing the Laureate Magic Find Booster.
    Laurel vendors now sell 1 hour of the new Experience Booster, replacing the Laureate Experience Booster.
    Profession Skills
    Engineer
    Fixed a bug in which the Grenadier trait made grenade throws less accurate.
    World vs. World
    Altered arrow cart line-of-sight checks to be more restrictive.
    BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
    New Items and Promotions
    For the next six days, the complete Living World Season 2 pack is 40% off in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store. Complete your playthrough of all eight episodes leading up to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-15-2015

The BL Keyfarm is Dead, THANK GOD. They've also thankfully increased the drop rate of BL keys, though by how much who even knows.

• Options
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-15-2015

The BL Keyfarm is Dead, THANK GOD. They've also thankfully increased the drop rate of BL keys, though by how much who even knows.

Hopefully about as rare as an exotic. I think that would be enough of a boost without undoing what the keyfarm nerf was suppose to prevent.

BL weapons skins are going to spike in price in the meantime though, a big reason why they were "only" 100g was the people who would rather have no social life and spend hours farming keys for ticket scraps than ever spend money to buy them from the gem store.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Glad I have a spare claim ticket and halfway to another one. Going to be a bit rough on prices for a bit.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    kTBDlve.jpg

So I finally finished something last week.....

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Shit, if I bought Season 2 around August 20th do you think they might give me the discount?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Engi specialization may be called the "Scrapper"

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Another pro-Necro/Reaper change, related to Defiance Bars:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Defiance-and-Soft-Crowd-Control
    There have been a lot of questions coming up recently from several different profession forums regarding the use of soft-CC effects (cripple, chill, slow, etc) on bosses with the new Defiance system in HoT. We have a solution in the works for this but we wanted to make a post to explain how it’s going to work.

A hard-CC like a stun, daze or knockback will deal direct damage to a defiance bar, lowering it by a flat amount based on the duration of the CC. As an example, a 2 second stun on a 6 second defiance bar will take off 33% of the bar.

A soft-CC like chill, slow, or cripple will deal damage over time to a defiance bar for the duration of the debuff. Additionally soft-CC effects will apply to the creature for the purposes of triggering traits but not apply their debuff effect. As an example, chilling a foe with a defiance bar will cause their defiance meter to degenerate over time and place the chill debuff on their status bar, which will allow a Reaper to benefit from the damage reduction effect of the trait Cold Shoulder, but it will not affect the creature’s movement speed.

The exact numbers on the degeneration rates for each type of soft-CC are still in flux, but we hope this helps answer some of the questions about the viability of certain elite specializations in HoT.

EDIT: Even if the defiance bar is not vulnerable to CC, the conditions will still apply for the purposes of triggering traits.

There were a lot of times playing Reaper in the BWE where I felt my trait choices (sustainability via Chilling Force and Blighter's Boon) felt like the wrong one because of how many enemies had defiance bars, so I'm glad they're making sure soft-CC condis will still apply for traits and the like.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    kTBDlve.jpg

So I finally finished something last week.....

That's my most favorite top, but are those... butterflies on your shoulders? I must have!
    Shit, if I bought Season 2 around August 20th do you think they might give me the discount?

It's worth opening a ticket. I bought the Watchwork mining pick 3 or 4 days before it went on sale, but didn't get a refund. Still, it was worth a shot and I got an answer within like 15 minutes of opening the ticket.

• Options
    Those shoulders should be the Carapace shoulders.

n1woEHJ.png
This discussion has been closed.