As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Question: Is there a macro for auto-attacking when you click TAB (or the Target Nearest Enemy button)? I've been trying some I found online but they aren't working. It would be nice for my Hunter to start auto firing when I click on things.

I think there's an option in your Interface that keeps autoattack going between targets; but I can't remember. I know that *waaayyy* back in Wrath (I believe), there was a patch that caused Hunters to automatically target something and fire at it when their initial target died. The results were hilariously predictable.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I actually see auto-attack on click backfiring in a big way.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Geez calm down man, I'm just naming some offhand examples to illustrate a point. Blizzard likes their "gatekeeper" bosses that spike in difficulty, but don't necessarily indicate a linear scale of difficulty. It doesn't matter whether Saurfang for example was difficult for you, he was still a relatively more challenging boss than the ones immediately preceding or succeeding him. (especially preceding, by way of lootship)

Blackfuse and Thok were about as wing boss as the bathroom that extends off of my kitchen is a "wing". You cleared spoils and then opened into a room with two rooms next to it. They're not linear in that you can choose which of the two to fight first but they're not really wings. But regardless, preceding them is spoils, succeeding them is...Paragons. Sure spoils was a gear check but it wasn't difficult, and Paragons were snooze after being brutalized by Blackfuse. But by all rights they should have been between Blackfuse and Garrosh in difficulty if the dungeon had a linear difficulty curve.

It's less obvious in dungeons that are heavily branching like Naxx because they can use the "because wing boss" excuse, but it's very apparent that they have linear dungeons like Siege(or dungeons that start linear and then branch, like ICC) partitioned intentionally - and I'm betting LFR has a lot to do with it. It's like they're set up to ramp within their "sections", but not necessarily against the dungeon as a whole. (look at the section layout for LFR HFC and it may explain the difficulty placement of those three bosses a bit)

I'm not debating how easy the bosses after Gorefiend may or may not be. I'm just saying it's not a particularly new trend for Blizzard to have weird difficulty curves in their raids, so it shouldn't be especially surprising if it was laid out that way in HFC as well.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Couldn't you just right-click instead of left? Or does that not auto-attack for hunters?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah I actually see auto-attack on click backfiring in a big way.

Hell I sometimes pull more than I mean to just because of a macro that targets the closest thing and fires Howling Blast.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Couldn't you just right-click instead of left? Or does that not auto-attack for hunters?

Well, I could but it's easier to tab (or middle mouse click) and not have to accidentally click allies. When the fights are happening, quickly switching and automatically attacking would be useful. If I was to target and not attack, I can just left click.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Well, I could but it's easier to tab (or middle mouse click) and not have to accidentally click allies. When the fights are happening, quickly switching and automatically attacking would be useful. If I was to target and not attack, I can just left click.

Selecting any damaging ability also initiates auto-attack, so it seems like kind of a non-issue?

There's also the /startattack macro

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/MACRO_startattack

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think saurfang only took us maybe 10 or so attempts the first night we did him.

He was comparatively easier than that cinderwolf chick in blackrock.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I've been playing my druid since vanilla, but I have never, ever, ever tried Balance spec. It was always bear/tree for me, with some cat thrown in for leveling/dailies/etc. So nearly ten years (on and off) later, I'm setting all of my keys to moonfire and we're going full lazerchicken (minus the chicken, thanks minor glyphs!).

So far it's pretty fun! I think i managed to pull my weight in a hellfire lfr, though I seem to have less survivability than I did in cat when solo (probably just an adjustment period). Any tips for moving from beginner to advanced boomkining? Keeping an eye on the eclipse bar is kind of annoying, even after I sized it up. Thinking I want to setup a weak auras for the empowerments and imp moonkin procs.

• Options
    Do some poking around via Google and you can probably find some various Oomkin UIs that you can experiment with. I *think* you can also set up something with Quartz for monitoring Eclipse; but I could be wrong.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Gorefiend's difficulty wouldn't be a big deal if the following fights were equally tough, but by all accounts they aren't.

I actually like the soul mechanic; the problem IMO is that the margin on add control is so small. If one high health essence comes out you're basically fucked, and it's only a little more saveable with the skeletons and tank adds.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Am I safe in assuming that TidyPlates is now abandoned? The developer for DBM had to put a fix together when TP broke with 6.2.2; and the addon hasn't gotten any updates since much earlier this year (iirc).

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

Selecting any damaging ability also initiates auto-attack, so it seems like kind of a non-issue?

Some times I'm out of focus to use an attack but I want to get that low health guy real quick. Or I tab and the guy dies before I can do anything and I kinda feel useless as a DPS when my char just stands there for a few secs while I tab, try to use an attack, target dies before I can and I tab again for the same results. I'd like Tab to start the auto attack so I'm at least doing something productive. I'll check out that wiki (I think I have before) and see what I can do.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Some times I'm out of focus to use an attack but I want to get that low health guy real quick. Or I tab and the guy dies before I can do anything and I kinda feel useless as a DPS when my char just stands there for a few secs while I tab, try to use an attack, target dies before I can and I tab again for the same results. I'd like Tab to start the auto attack so I'm at least doing something productive. I'll check out that wiki (I think I have before) and see what I can do.

The /startattack macro does pretty much exactly that when you're currently not targeting anything (your target died).

For example
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /startattack
    /cast Arcane Shot

When you're not targeting anything and you hit that button, it'll automatically pick a target, start auto-attack and cast Arcane Shot, all at the same time.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Geez calm down man, I'm just naming some offhand examples to illustrate a point. Blizzard likes their "gatekeeper" bosses that spike in difficulty, but don't necessarily indicate a linear scale of difficulty. It doesn't matter whether Saurfang for example was difficult for you, he was still a relatively more challenging boss than the ones immediately preceding or succeeding him. (especially preceding, by way of lootship)

Blackfuse and Thok were about as wing boss as the bathroom that extends off of my kitchen is a "wing". You cleared spoils and then opened into a room with two rooms next to it. They're not linear in that you can choose which of the two to fight first but they're not really wings. But regardless, preceding them is spoils, succeeding them is...Paragons. Sure spoils was a gear check but it wasn't difficult, and Paragons were snooze after being brutalized by Blackfuse. But by all rights they should have been between Blackfuse and Garrosh in difficulty if the dungeon had a linear difficulty curve.

It's less obvious in dungeons that are heavily branching like Naxx because they can use the "because wing boss" excuse, but it's very apparent that they have linear dungeons like Siege(or dungeons that start linear and then branch, like ICC) partitioned intentionally - and I'm betting LFR has a lot to do with it. It's like they're set up to ramp within their "sections", but not necessarily against the dungeon as a whole. (look at the section layout for LFR HFC and it may explain the difficulty placement of those three bosses a bit)

I'm not debating how easy the bosses after Gorefiend may or may not be. I'm just saying it's not a particularly new trend for Blizzard to have weird difficulty curves in their raids, so it shouldn't be especially surprising if it was laid out that way in HFC as well.

Heroic (now mythic) paragons was way harder than Blackfuse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    Video not "I Believe I Can Fly"

3/10

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    tbh heroic blackfuse was pretty easy once videos of the strategy started percolating out; there wasn't even really that much movement for anybody not doing belts, it was just a matter of moving to the right places

we got gorefiend to 25%, then proceeded to wipe like six more times to stupid bullshit. Kill it tomorrow hopefully

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    re: macros, I think something like

/targetenemy [noharm]
    /startattack
    /cast Arcane Shot

should do what you want (you may want to preface it with /stopcasting depending on what you're doing); it would need its own bind (assuming you don't want to rebind tab to that all the time) and can't really replace an ability bind because it might cause you to retarget when you're trying to focus something.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Why not just set up the inbuilt "start autoattack" binding?

I think it's T by default.

• Options
    No raid last night. :(

We need a solid win to get everyone's morale back up.

Question to mount farmers: how realistic is it for a Enh Shaman to solo MSV for farming the Elegon mount? What about the Elegon fight itself?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure MoP raids are mostly only soloable by very tanky classes like brewmasters and death knights, but I might be wrong about that.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure MoP raids are mostly only soloable by very tanky classes like brewmasters and death knights, but I might be wrong about that.

I have a void walker and solo'd galleon the other day
    But I really need to get rid of that instant heal glyph it doesn't work as well as I thought

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Warriors as well, especially geared fury warriors.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Even as a Brewmaster it can be a bit rough at times. I can't imagine a non-tank class with plenty of heals being able to solo it very easily. Might be doable but if you just bring 1-2 friends it'd be way easier.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Finally got Breaker 2 from my mission table, so I'll have the mount tomorrow.

Got Xemirtol with my crystal, but of course a two man alliance group tagged him and I got punted.

• Options
    Draenic Sea Chart acquired. Guess now I just clear off the junk quests until rare ones show up.

• Options
    I've gotten the fucking black market quest item about 10 times across 3 alts.

I finally got a ring quest yesterday.

Str/stam/vit

Whatever, it works.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I didn't get a chance to check on the Heirloom ring quest yesterday. Yet another reason I wish they let us have Garrison access from the mobile app. I want the black market item and have yet to get that mission.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Str/stam/vit

Whatever, it works.

Did you fail it a bunch, or does it reappear even if you did the quest? Because the latter would be REALLY stupid.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

Str/stam/vit

Whatever, it works.

Did you fail it a bunch, or does it reappear even if you did the quest? Because the latter would be REALLY stupid.

Nope passed it on all my alts the first time through.

Still reappears.

• Options
    I imagine it uses the same mission system that the table does, even though I don't need archmage vargoth's staff AGAIN AND AGAIN

• Options
    I imagine it uses the same mission system that the table does, even though I don't need archmage vargoth's staff AGAIN AND AGAIN

I have discovered where the Rock Flayers went multiple times. I do not need to know anymore.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

Oh yeah. True. That's fucking stupid.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    What's funny is that ring quest appeared on my alt, not my main.

Blizzard, your RNG is top notch.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm really glad I didn't level up any alts this expansion. Maintaining more than one garrison is something I would not want to do.

I have 11 days of game time left. I've been working on Emperor Shaohao rep. Since I don't have the legendary cape, I can't enter Ordos's temple. I can still fight the mobs around the temple, but I'm finding it easier just to summon Archiereus of Flame and his associated mobs at Three Breeze Terrace every 10 minutes. It usually takes about 4 minutes or so for me to clear the place, and I don't mind waiting 6 more minutes to do the summon since I can just read forums and do other stuff while I wait. I'm currently around 5000/21000.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Finished off Mythic Zakuun last night and very nearly got Velhari to Phase 3. Now THAT is the kind of fight I'd expect after Mythic Gorefiend.

Had one pull where we thought everyone was positioned perfectly in Phase 2 with Font of Corruption people stacked "here" and everyone else stacked "there" only one of the raid wide knockbacks happened, and Font went off in the air while "here" and "there" got a little too close to each other and the whole raid went down at once mid-air.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Finished off Mythic Zakuun last night and very nearly got Velhari to Phase 3. Now THAT is the kind of fight I'd expect after Mythic Gorefiend.

Had one pull where we thought everyone was positioned perfectly in Phase 2 with Font of Corruption people stacked "here" and everyone else stacked "there" only one of the raid wide knockbacks happened, and Font went off in the air while "here" and "there" got a little too close to each other and the whole raid went down at once mid-air.

you can only laugh in that situation. last guild archimonde I was at, all of our healers and ranged collectively forgot their brains and every single one got hit by shadowfel burst. I broke down in gales of laughter over TS watching the huge splotch of purple as they all went sailing into the air.

Not the most professional reaction from the raid leader, but it's not as if there was any constructive criticism to be offered there.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Something like that happened on our first Heroic Zakuun pull.

We had almost 30 people in the raid, one of the rogues soaked a pillar spot near melee and then just happened to be in the middle of Killing Spree when Wake of Destruction happened and and this rogue, with the debuff from soaking, got hit with *every* Wake at the same time like he was a mage soaking them all with Evanesce.

The entire raid went from full health to dead in that single instant. It was probably one of the fastest most WTF moments of my Warcraft Life.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Dhalphir Well, if one can't laugh at something happening in a game then they might be taking it too seriously, yeah? I'd laugh my ass off seeing over half the raid suddenly get sent into the nether too.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.