Options

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    GameSpot gave PS4 Journey a 10/10

Only their tenth ever 10/10

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    so it's as good as Chrono Cross?

Neat

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I would say it totally deserves it but why didn't the PS3 version get the same score

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah what a weird score to give a port

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    tbh reviewing a hd uprez is weird at all. yep it's not broken, great. done.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Speaking of re-releases, since PGA Tour was so disappointing I shelled out 40 bucks for God of War 3. Still fun!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    tbh reviewing a hd uprez is weird at all. yep it's not broken, great. done.

But

But

Score aggregation websites

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Is it even an HD uprez? It is a port. The framerate is probably higher

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Is it even an HD uprez? It is a port. The framerate is probably higher

they tightened up the graphics on level 3

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I've only put my PS4 in rest mode since they added the resume function, haven't shut it down fully yet. Haven't had any issues. Apart from every game disconnecting from the network when I do.

I should probably turn it off for real once.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My PS3 stick just came in the mail!

It totally works on my PS4!

I'm playing USF4 RIGHT NOW!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    My PS3 stick just came in the mail!

It totally works on my PS4!

I'm playing USF4 RIGHT NOW!

As you typed this?

Did you use voice to text?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Weirdly enough this just made me realize that all of Troy Baker's most prominent voice roles have him playing shitty shitty people.

Booker, Joel, Mordor Man

wasn't he Kanji

Are you implying Kanji is a more well known character than Mordor Man

He's also Call of Dutyman #918402940

I'm trying my hardest to conjure up what his name was

I wanna say...Mitchell

And one of best voices for the Boss in saints row

And pagan min, I think

• Options
    Like, if I absolutely had to guess

I'd say that Kevin VanOrd probably felt like Journey deserved a 10 the first time around, and the PS4 release gave him an excuse to review it

Because nowhere in his review does he mention why the PS4 version is in any way better than the PS3 version, aside from the most throwaway possible mention of higher frame rate and resolution

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Jeff gersrmann talked a while back about how gamespot works as far as 10 reviews go, if you want to give a game a ten you basically have to make your case to the lead editor who picks at your review and basically plays devil's advocate

So maybe whoever reviewed PS3 journey didn't make a strong enough case

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Giving three perfect 10s in less than a year when you've only had ten total in your near twenty-year history tells me that the value of that score is now diluted

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Giving three perfect 10s in less than a year when you've only had ten total in your near twenty-year history tells me that the value of that score is now diluted

It is forever sullied and henceforth scores of 10 will be considered garbage and not worthy of consideration, no matter how great the vetting process.

So it is written.

So it shall be.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I think it's just a simple case of Journey wasn't a perfect game worthy of a 10 until they added light bar effects.

• Options
    I think there's some merit to the idea that they might be getting a little lax with their perfect scores

Bear in mind that GameSpot's 10 is supposed to represent a "perfect" game, one that could not be improved in any way. That is why, historically, they have been so rare.

If you're telling me that a third of the best games ever made came out within the last year, that claim would sound slightly suspect to me.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I think it's just a simple case of Journey wasn't a perfect game worthy of a 10 until they added light bar effects.

Okay no never mind I'm on board now

• Options
    Especially when one of those games was filled with TONS of bugs and has already at least one (maybe two?) major updates

• Options
    I actually think you could make a much stronger case for Journey being "perfect" than Witcher 3, for what it's worth.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Untitled1-300x225.png

Treating everyone equally with no regard for their circumstances does not result in an egalitarian society

These images always confused me, because the second thing is what I think of as equality.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Untitled1-300x225.png

Treating everyone equally with no regard for their circumstances does not result in an egalitarian society

These images always confused me, because the second thing is what I think of as equality.

Equality is I get a box, you get a box

It does not account for the fact that you are 4'11" and I am 6'5"

• Options
    edited July 2015

I would love if every time a new character pack came out, they added another adjective to the title.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Untitled1-300x225.png

Equality is I get a box, you get a box

It does not account for the fact that you are 4'11" and I am 6'5"

But see I would think equality means every one gets to see the game.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Equality means everyone gets treated the same

Equity means everyone gets treated fairly

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Equality is everyone gets exactly the same, regardless of need.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Equinity is everyone is a horse.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Sequinity is everyone is fabulous.

• Options
    Jelquinity is...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hooray for everyone getting to play Rise of the Tomb Raider

Now where's my news on SFV for XBONE

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Will literally never happen

The Tomb Raider thing was just a glorified marketing tactic

SFV wouldn't exist if Sony didn't step in

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Jenksinity

• Options
    Yeah like

They straight up came out at the announcement of SFV and were very clear when they said "not on Xbox, ever"

Which made it more maddening when everyone tried to be stupid with Tomb Raider's phrasing, it's like they were scared their jaws would fall off if they spoke the term "timed exclusive"

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Will literally never happen

The Tomb Raider thing was just a glorified marketing tactic

SFV wouldn't exist if Sony didn't step in

I'm aware, just wishing out loud.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Jenksinity

what do you know about

*holds up copy of Communist Manifesto*

THIS?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    so it's as good as Chrono Cross?

Neat

chrono cross is a 10 game yes

you could just as easily argue that it's been a real good year for video jugandos

• Options
    I guess you could if you felt that way

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I remember losing interest in chrono cross after the villain pulled a captain ginyu on the main character.

This discussion has been closed.