Options

Ask Tube

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i mean you could probably just tell her that, don't need to legally require it

its funnier to me that way though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Bringing up a question from much earlier in the thread:

It is possible to have a single thread appear in multiple forums? For example having a doodle thread that appears in D&D, Artist's Forum, and SE++?

Some types of threads and topics might benefit from showing up in multiple locations with the same source thread.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »
    If you haven't seen the movie Bring it on, you haven't lived yet

higgins get the hell outta here

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Once Upon a Time is different from The Land Before Time.

Not after next season. Just dinosaurs and fairy tales from here on out.

Probably should throw in some of the We're Back! characters too.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i mean you could probably just tell her that, don't need to legally require it

its funnier to me that way though

Blast my caaaaache

And maaaake a threeaaaaD

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This might be an sensitive/emotional topic, so I can understand if it gets ignored and not brought up again, but...

How often do you deal with a forumer dying? I know that it has happened in the past. And there have been actions taken on the forums to commemorate someone after they have passed away.

Is this something that happens semi-frequently? (I hope not.)

Is there a standard procedure at all for what happens?

It happens, thankfully, rarely. Facebook and Twitter have made it easier for us to find out about these things, and have made it harder on the community when they do.

We make memorial threads when a member dies, but otherwise people are left to mourn as they see fit.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »

It is possible to have a single thread appear in multiple forums? For example having a doodle thread that appears in D&D, Artist's Forum, and SE++?

Some types of threads and topics might benefit from showing up in multiple locations with the same source thread.

It is not I'm afraid.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Which mod do you have to ask to get permission to run a community play by post game (Like the Harry Potter Phalla) in SE++?

I've got a month off in the countryside for health reasons coming up and it'd be cool to run something then

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

It is not I'm afraid.

Darn! Well, it was worth hoping.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    As someone who was excited to see this thread because it could help make moderation better

It is really frustrating to see every post asking for change in moderation to have several non mode jump in the answer for them, and every mod response to have someone immediately after tell them how they are so right

Maybe just let the mods respond instead of driving off people before the mods can even respond?

Certainly seems like people are trying to stop moderation questions for the mods before they even see them

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Which mod do you have to ask to get permission to run a community play by post game (Like the Harry Potter Phalla) in SE++?

I've got a month off in the countryside for health reasons coming up and it'd be cool to run something then

the countryside, eh

make sure you don't get savaged by owls, Gumpy old boy!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This might be an sensitive/emotional topic, so I can understand if it gets ignored and not brought up again, but...

How often do you deal with a forumer dying? I know that it has happened in the past. And there have been actions taken on the forums to commemorate someone after they have passed away.

It happens, thankfully, rarely. Facebook and Twitter have made it easier for us to find out about these things, and have made it harder on the community when they do.

We make memorial threads when a member dies, but otherwise people are left to mourn as they see fit.

I mean, except when you die, then the deadman's switch in your brain goes off and the entirety of the forums are obliterated.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    hi Solar

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

I mean, except when you die, then the deadman's switch in your brain goes off and the entirety of the forums are obliterated.

welp, I know what I gotta do then

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Make me nerd

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options

Make me nerd

I don't make garbage I just post it

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    What are your secret opinions re: tabata

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    technically that would qualify as having made garbage, but never mind that fact

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

the countryside, eh

That's how he buggered his leg up the first time!

• Options
    Tam wrote: »
    hi Solar

sup homes

how you doing

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Liiya wrote: »

the countryside, eh

Ferocious bastards, they are

it's that beak

dead snippy

Solar on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

welp, I know what I gotta do then

I got dibs to do the deed before my daughter knows how to use the internet!

• Options

the countryside, eh

it's that beak

dead snippy

you are so goddamn english

• Options
    As someone who was excited to see this thread because it could help make moderation better

It is really frustrating to see every post asking for change in moderation to have several non mode jump in the answer for them, and every mod response to have someone immediately after tell them how they are so right

Maybe just let the mods respond instead of driving off people before the mods can even respond?

Certainly seems like people are trying to stop moderation questions for the mods before they even see them

I don't really see that, personally. Even including Zay's somewhat aggressive posts nothing in here has been at all offensive enough to warrant being driven off or leaving the forums unless you already were inclined to do so.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I was infracted once. I think only once. It had something to do with the 360 megathread from G&T being moved and being told we had to go to SE++, which was not friendly at the time. I am very glad it has calmed down, or I wouldn't be here. But I was upset, and I beleive I harangued Tube, and I am very sorry for that.

He sounded so tired in those IM's. I felt bad even then.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

the countryside, eh

it's that beak

dead snippy

Pip's right, it's great.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Dear Tube,

Did you get my PM? What did you think?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options

the countryside, eh

it's that beak

dead snippy

I am terrible at being English

in being so I am dreadfully English

the irony of it

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tube has answered like 90% of questions asked and done so in good faith

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    hi Solar

sup homes

how you doing

well in most ways, friendo

how are you

• Options
    hi Solar

sup homes

how you doing

how are you

Oh well you know

Keeping myself busy as always

thinking about furniture for the new gaff, actually

Interior decoration! It's a new an exciting thing for Solar

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

I don't really see that, personally. Even including Zay's somewhat aggressive posts nothing in here has been at all offensive enough to warrant being driven off or leaving the forums unless you already were inclined to do so.

I'm not saying it would cause them to leave the forum

By the time Zay got a answer from a mod there had already been two pages of people jumping at the chance to tell him he is wrong

I wouldn't want to stick around in the thread either

Hell the first post in this thread even says "don't answer for the mods"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    hi Solar

sup homes

how you doing

how are you

Oh well you know

that can be fun!
    one thing I'd proffer
    if you find a large oldish map, say, 20 to 30 plus years old of a local area, at a jumble sale or something, they make good wall hangers

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    [How is this acceptable?

Because you were being a dickbag, and moderators are allowed to point that out. It's part of our moderation policy.

This aspect of the moderation policy is what makes the mods feel unapproachable to me.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    hi Solar

sup homes

how you doing

how are you

Oh well you know

that can be fun!
    one thing I'd proffer
    if you find a large oldish map, say, 20 to 30 plus years old of a local area, at a jumble sale or something, they make good wall hangers

Ah well I have some wall plans

One of which is deffo going to be an original Tynic, I hope! Tax Rebate will fund that, I'm sure

Map, though... didn't think of that! Nice idea!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The idea that someone leaving an internet forum is of concern to anyone and forthermore that it can be used as a fuckin' bargaining chip in a debate is trending deeply into comical territory.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

I'm not saying it would cause them to leave the forum

By the time Zay got a answer from a mod there had already been two pages of people jumping at the chance to tell him he is wrong

I wouldn't want to stick around in the thread either

Hell the first post in this thread even says "don't answer for the mods"

I don't know what to tell you, looking back over the thread I just don't see that. By time folks started addressing Zay directly he had three direct mod replies to his topics and was just pushing the point.

Lets have an ice cream and just agree to be buddies.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The idea that someone leaving an internet forum is of concern to anyone and forthermore that it can be used as a fuckin' bargaining chip in a debate is trending deeply into comical territory.

I don't disagree with you in certain ways but tube has actually explicitly said that that is the bargaining chip. Like the only legitimate one.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

I don't disagree with you in certain ways but tube has actually explicitly said that that is the bargaining chip. Like the only legitimate one.

Fair enough. Although I always thought that more applies to a mass exodus more than petulance.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »

The behaviour of the user is what decides whether that chip has leverage or not.

This discussion has been closed.