As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Tube

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    How easy or hard is it to keep up with a thread like this?

I guess this question just adds to the backlog though, sorry.

Could be easier, could be harder. It's not unmanageable.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so if someone feels like they were unfairly kicked from a thread, should they message you?

I've seen it happen a few times, now

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    How much do you feel that your style of admin/moderating is informed by Penny Arcade's overall Community strategy, or is it just how you choose to moderate and that it happens to fit with PA

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Geebs likes YA stuff a lot

Its best not to question it

As a YA librarian I take possible offense at that.

Also I should probably actually read YA books. I am super behind.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Oh
    Oh no

I was already so tired of mad max memes already

Mostly I'm bummed they're all just exclamations, awesome already does that

I kind of prefer that, or rather, I'm not a fan of reaction buttons that can be used negatively (such as "Bro?" which was sometimes used for "I feel you, bro" but seemed to also get a ton of usage as "WTF is wrong with you, Bro?") and out of this set that kind of usage seems less likely.

The only one I can maybe see is someone using a "Witness Me!" reaction on someone they think is being an attention-seeker, but that's about it.

That's actually pretty much exactly why I liked "Bro?"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bro? was probably my favorite reaction button

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Can a mod see the original content of post after it was edited?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah i loved Bro?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    my favorite beatles song is probably golden slumbers, even though it's super short and technically part of a different song

I think I'd go with Across The Universe
    but honestly, tough call.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    How well did you like Hitman: Absolution and are you at all interested in the next Hitman game: Hitman?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My favorite Beatles
    778gzxcry2gd.png

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    absurdist reactions are top reactions

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    so if someone feels like they were unfairly kicked from a thread, should they message you?

I've seen it happen a few times, now

That's the stock response for any problem you have with a moderation decision. No one has ever been infracted for messaging a moderator about a decision in the history of the forums, and if it did I would probably yell at the moderator in question a lot. If the question is rude or demanding it'll just be ignored, and the poster's opinion will be put in the bottom of the Opinion Sorting Algorithm. It's worth pointing out that everyone who ever got kicked from a thread thought it was bullshit that they got kicked from a thread, so that's taken into account.

It's also worth bearing in mind that (aside from people who are dicks about it) all feedback is taken into account, but not all feedback is actioned. Because really, it couldn't be, too many people disagree about too much stuff. There's a difference between not being listened to and not getting what you want.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    My favorite Beatles
    288225_TISM___Troccadero_06_08_04___Copyright___Nathan_Robinson___45.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Can a mod see the original content of post after it was edited?

Yes.
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    How well did you like Hitman: Absolution and are you at all interested in the next Hitman game: Hitman?

It was awful. I'll wait for reviews of the next one.

• Options
    Neat.

Also i am very much looking forward to Tube's impressions on new Hitman.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    What video games are you playing, these days?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Did you ever record your album?

Just wrapped my second.

Where can I get them?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015

Just wrapped my second.

Where can I get them?
    I know the first one is https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-patrick-mcnamara-problem/id441927463

Not sure the second is released yet, I've been bugging him about it here and there occasionally too

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Can mods see drafts?

broken image link
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    What video games are you playing, these days?

I play a bit of Elite, but I don't have as much time to play games as I'd like. I tend to like stuff now that I can either dip in and out of as easily (open world games like Elite) or that are pretty short and well paced.

Just wrapped my second.

Where can I get them?

First one is on iTunes still, second one will probably be on there and other places within 3-6 months.

• Options
    Oh god I hope not

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Langly wrote: »
    nobody ever asks me tough questions about my opinions

Ok but really why do you love animorphs so much

Like I get everyone has their thing and it's all somewhat arbitrary but as someone who was super into animorphs as a kid I have always been kind of surprised by how much you like it

There's probably a really long, in-depth answer I can give, but really, it's one of those pieces of entertainment that hit me right as I was starting to figure out what kind of stuff I liked and why. Like...I guess I can maybe sum it up by saying that I went on an academic team trip in high school, and while a few of the other guys on the team spent the entire trip detailing the entirety of the Dragon Ball Z mythology, I was muttering about how that stuff wasn't as cool as Animorphs.

Like, I do play it up a lot for effect now. Believe it or not, I do know how ridiculous it is to get super into the minutia of a book series targeted towards fifth graders that hasn't put out a new book in over ten years.

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm enjoying Hitman Go but it's the only Hitman game I've ever played.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I found them on amazon.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    On a scale of 1 to infinity, how many rumple minze shots would you like to take next time we're ever in the same place?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Just wrapped my second.

Where can I get them?
    I know the first one is https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-patrick-mcnamara-problem/id441927463

Not sure the second is released yet, I've been bugging him about it here and there occasionally too

Now He Has All Your Money

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can mods see drafts?
    Can't speak for admins, but we can't

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Can mods see drafts?

Mods can't. I can, but the method for doing so would be tedious and lengthy and I'd never have a reason to do it. So essentially "no".

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Speaking of editing posts, I tend to just make a post shortly afterwards apologizing for saying something dickish and I leave the offending post for the world to see my shame. Would that be more likely to get me infracted than editing the offending post? I don't know why I do it that way but if y'all'd rather I edited my posts instead I will

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    What are the best and worst parts of your job, tube?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to infinity, how many rumple minze shots would you like to take next time we're ever in the same place?

I do not know what that is. So 3.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Geebs

I won't stop posting about urban drainage - we all have things we love that are kinda odd. Keep on telling us about animorphs dude, its great!

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    nobody ever asks me tough questions about my opinions

I beg your pardon

listen, telling me I'm wrong is an example of being rude and not an example of asking a tough question

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

imagine swallowing a shot of Listerine

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Hitman Go but it's the only Hitman game I've ever played.

hitman go is a fucking rock solid mobile game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Peppermint schnapps. Or, as it was described to me in a positive way, "it tastes like toothpaste!"

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm in the French Quarter in New Orleans, I have an hour before I have to go in and work. Where should I eat?

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    Geebs

I won't stop posting about urban drainage - we all have things we love that are kinda odd. Keep on telling us about animorphs dude, its great!

oh, I'm pretty sure I can't actually stop at this point. that brick is affixed to the accelerator with actual mortar

• Options
    I think everyone has something from their childhood they still love deeply that's really not for them anymore

Or in my case, three things.

This discussion has been closed.